A Place To Call Home? (Joining)
A soft breeze stirred the air and ruffled the dark fur of Maiyun's lupus form. With it, the scent of wolves was brought to her quivering nose. Ears perked forward, the she-wolf turned in the direction, which had been coming from her right. She cocked her head to the side a bit, tail giving a brief twitch before she stepped forward. Was it possible? A smile curved on her lips. Was she finally near a pack to which she might find a sense of belonging? She walked in the direction of the scent, stopping when the clearly-marked boundaries of the territory lay before her. Maiyun glanced around, noticing no wolves in sight, at least not at the moment. She took a step back; she hadn't crossed into the unknown territory but she also didn't want to be too close in case they were anything like the ones she had met three years ago. The ones who turned her life upside down.

Maiyun threw her head back, closing her orange eyes and pointing her nose skyward. She let out a long low howl, alerting the others to her presence. She let the sound carry on for a minute or two, before slowly tapering off and finally growing silent again. Maiyun paced for a moment, anxious to see who she called on, finally resigning herself to sitting and waiting, trying to relax herself and seem less nervous. It was never a good thing to be nervous. She heaved out a sigh and got herself under control again. It wouldn't help her if she didn't...
Ookami was tending to his and Adonia's horses when he heard howl. He shifted into his Lupas form and trotted swiftly towards the source. His eyes came upon a female and he smiled. He dipped his head at her, "Hello.. What may I ask are you seeking here at Phoenix Valley's borders." His voice was husky and calm. His amber eyes twinkled and the sun shined on his strangely golden pelt. He sat down, looking over the female. He waited for her to reply when he remembered he didn't introduce himself, "I am Ookami, the pack's Senex."

He looked at the female carefully, watching to make sure that the female didn't show any threatening signs. His eyes were twinkling, he was so happy now a days! Adonia had returned and she was almost completely healed. He hadn't spoken to her since he first saw her but he was planning on visiting her. Now he was working on training their horses so maybe they could go on a ride sometime within the next three months.. Hopefully she would stick around that long. He pulled out of his thoughts and refocused on the femme.
Maiyun took in the appearance of the male who approached her, the sight of his calm yet happy demeanor putting her ever more at ease. She smiled softly at him and somewhat nodded her head in his direction. It's nice to meet you, Ookami. My name is Maiyun Tala, the Tala part as a tribute of sorts to the pack family that I lost so many years ago. I was seeking a place I might call home and from the whispers I've heard, Phoenix Valley sounded like the place for me." She stretched a little, front legs digging gently into the earth beneath her paws. "I've heard good things from traveling wolves and searched for this place. Just when I thought I wouldn't find it, here I am."

A brief glimmer of hope warmed Maiyun's soul as she thought of the possibility of finding her siblings here. After all, she hadn't seen them since the incident that had taken away her family and left her to cope with things on her own. A flicker of sadness passed through her autumn leaf-colored eyes and just as quickly, it was gone. Was there hope that her sister and brothers were even alive? And if they were, would they even want to see her or would remember her? The group that had attacked them weren't too likely to have left them alive if they had given chase, something which Maiyun wasn't too sure if they'd done or not. "So, I guess I'm seeking a home, a refuge where I might feel safe and be able to relax."
"It's nice to meet you too Maiyun." He smiled kindly at her and listened to her speak. He was glad that she had heard good things about Phoenix Valley, it was (to him) the most wonderful place in the world. He smiled to himself, he never thought negative things about his home. He nodded his head, "Well, Phoenix Valley would be more than willing to offer you a home. First though I need to know a little bit more about you.. For instince what can you offer the pack? What are you skills? Things like that." He grinned, it was the same old rutine, it came out of his mouth easily and he had memorized it.

He sat down on the ground and curled his tail around his body. He waited patiently for her to tell him about herself. It was almost completely certain that she would be accepted into the pack. Jefferson rarely, maybe never rejected anyone. Ookami hadn't really seen Jefferson in a while though, he wondered what he was up too. It was unlike Jefferson to sort of, dissappear. He was probably fullfilling his duties as a leader though. Ookami put his attention back on the female and smiled.
An almost prideful feeling bubbled up through Maiyun as she was asked this. Since she had been left on her own for so long, she had to learn to do quite a few things well if she was to survive. "Well I am a skilled hunter, though I don't like to brag. I've been on my own most of my life and so have had time to hone my skills to match my survival needs. I am also handy with repairing somewhat run-down shelters when in my Optime form. Another thing honed to help me survive." The dark she-wolf hoped this would be something they could find use for; she really was tired of wandering and being alone. Despite the fact that she'd still have to warm up to the others before she could be comfortable around them. Though if the other members of the Phoenix Valley were as pleasant to be around as Ookami was, she'd find herself settling in and feeling more at home quicker.

"I must admit, I tend to be a little timid around others for a while though. I haven't exactly had the best experiences in the world." As she spoke, she turned her face a little to reveal a scar along the right side of her face; the only one still visible from her encounter. "This is really the only one you can still see, a reminder of what happened to me anyway. You could call it a parting gift from the group that took the lives of my family members."
ooc- please edit your title to say 'leader needed'

"I think that you fill fit in nicely here." He smiled happily, "But that really isn't up to me." He grinned and stepped back for a moment. He let out a loud, calling howl. "The leader, Jefferson should be on his way. He will be the one who tells you if you are accepted or not. Just be yourself and everything will be fine." He smiled and sat down again. He wagged his tail quietly and looked around. Jefferson shouldn't be that long to cone and accept or reject the femme. It was nice out so he didn't mind waiting. His ears were perked up and his head was alert. He was trying to find any sign that the leader was nearly at the borders.

He didn't mind waiting with the femme but he didn't really want to be hear. He wanted to go visit Adonia! But his job as Senex was to know all the members and he needed to but his wants behind his duties. That's what would get him a good reputation. He couldn't really say that he would get promoted because he was already the highest rank without being a leader and he didn't suspect he would get that rank anytime soon. He smiled, but how cool would that be?! Although it probably was very hard work, Ookami was still young and he probably didn't have the maturity level to be an Alpha.
[html]

There were many changes in the works, many winds of change blowing through the bulk of Phoenix Valley, and yet the unknowing members went about their duties in a state of blissful indifference and ignorance. Conversations with Razekiel had risen to a daily occurrence, and it was while he was with the pot-smoking coyote that the summoning howl reached his tattered ears, and with a typical gruff excusing of himself from Razekiel's presence, the Patriarch stepped through the creaking porch door and set out for his typical duties, knowing well it would be one of the last times he would be performing them.

Would he miss it? Perhaps, but his time was nearly finished. He had no regrets.

Jefferson came upon them at a leisurely pace, two-legged as opposed to their four-legged forms. He might have shifted for their sakes in the past, but he would not, now: Though he had once been able to limp with four legs, with one limb having been removed, the cyclops refused to shame himself with hobbling like a pitiful idiot.

"I was summoned?" he said flatly, single eye scouring the stranger up and down. Would she fit Razekiel's plans? He dare not mention what was in store for they, not yet. "My name is Jefferson," he continued, "I assume you're looking to stay here."

<style>
.undonejeffooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.undonejeff p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.undonejeff b {color:#EADFCB; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #1C2019; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.undonejeff {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#696157; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:422px;}
.undonejeffinner{background-color:#BFB6A5; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... onetab.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 175px 0px; border:1px solid #2D2622; width:422px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
Maiyun looked over the leader- from the way he spoke and looked her over, she thought that was his meaning and hoped she was correct- briefly before offering a calm and gentle smile. It warmed her eyes, making the orange color almost glow like embers in amongst her dark fur. "It is nice to meet you, Jefferson..." She started before giving as much of a respectful bow as she could in her four-legged form. "...I am, indeed, hoping I can call this place my home. And I will do my part here if accepted and will not slack off."

Maiyun took another moment to take in Jefferson's appearance; a quick and casual glance, just wanting to see what he was like. Every distinctive feature was quickly stored to memory; one never knows when they'll need to know these things. She thought of her own nearly indistinguishable scars and let her sides heave a slow sigh before she returned her attention completely to the one who would determine her placement in this pack. "I am a skilled hunter and am pretty handy with repairing things, if that helps any."
[html]

PV's in the process of merging, so be sure to read our pack thread and have her come along with everyone to the new pack if you'd like! :3 Sorry for the wait -- was gone this weekend.

She carried herself well, unfazed by his appearance at least on the surface. Knowing his ghastly scars and scowl intimidated most, Jefferson always found at least a small level of respect for those who seemed able to stand it. With a sage nod, the scarred man harrumphed and rolled his shoulders, all one-and-a-half of them.

"Fine, fine," he waved a hand dismissively, eye wandering. There was far too much on his mind to focus. "Ookami, show whatever-her-name-is around, if you will. You can stay, though who knows for how long."

He chose not to divulge exactly what that meant, and instead shifted away as quickly as he had appeared, leaving them to their duties.

<style>
.undonejeffooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.undonejeff p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.undonejeff b {color:#EADFCB; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #1C2019; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.undonejeff {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#696157; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:422px;}
.undonejeffinner{background-color:#BFB6A5; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... onetab.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 175px 0px; border:1px solid #2D2622; width:422px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
Welcome to Phoenix Valley!

[Image: phoenixvalley.gif]

There's lots of things for you to do now that you're a member. Here's some ideas:

• Make your first in-character post as a member within five days of this acceptance message.
  • Read up on Phoenix Valley policies, and pose questions to the leaders if you have any.
  • Meet other members of the pack by posting all-welcome (non-private) threads, or by plotting out thread ideas within the Thread Requests subforum.
  • Read up on Phoenix Valley's history through the Wiki here and get a feel of what you're now a part of!
  • Fix up or fill out your character's profile or make a post log.

For pack or Phoenix Valley policy questions of any kind and at any time, feel free to PM the Phoenix Valley leader(s), listed in the Echelon section of our Ranks table! If you're feeling lost or confused about 'Souls and its rules or procedures, you can post a question in Roleplay Aides or contact one of our friendly 'Souls Mentors! Finally, if you are looking for graphics such as posting tables, avatars or signatures, you can post a polite request in the Talents subforum. In the meantime, feel free to start posting as a Valley member, and welcome to the pack!