some days I feel broke inside
[html]

I thought I would finally start this for us before replying to anymore threads. Sorry for the wait hun. Set reaaaallllyyyy early. Thought I would powerplay this a bit. D:

Faolin gasped and sat straight up on all fours, accidentally bumping Ezekiel who was curled up beside her, he moaned and mumbled before turning back over and falling asleep again. Red eyes picked out the shadows of Gabriel and Talitha, it was fine. Everything was fine. Nothing happened, but that sick feeling in her stomach was still there and it would not go away. Tears streamed down her face, wet and hot, making her cheeks feel sticky. Why was she having these dreams? When she woke she could hardly remember them, flashes of images went through her mind and made her want to be sick. Past memories, it had been happening a lot since she had met Iskata on the borders. Every little detail of her past had been coming up, but it was morphed in some sick twisted way she could not explain. He was back, and he was here not to take her, but to take Talitha instead. Those dreams, it was exactly like she had remembered him. Harming her mother, except this time, Faolin was in her mother's body it seemed and was staring at the helpless pup before her as she was being dragged back. Whispering words to the puppy to run and get away. Find Segodi. That's what she had always said. Except that puppy was not her, it was Talitha. They were just dreams though, nothing else. He was dead. She had made sure of that.

The girl closed her eyes and shook her head rising to her feet and making her way to the entrance of the den. She laid down, stretching her body over the cool floor and stared out into the darkness of the night. That feeling of dread was slowly ebbing away. That's all it had been, a nightmare. She felt sick to her stomach ever since she realized her ability to sense other's emotions so well had been disappearing. Slowly, but surely. It had all snapped into perspective for her though when Faolin saw the woman sitting on the borders. She squeezed her red eyes shut and tried to forget about it, but it was not going away and sleep was not coming to her. Faolin felt jumpy and her breathing was uneven, her heart was pounding still in her ears. She could not stop, could not relax. She stared outside helplessly. She did not want to disturb Gabriel or her children so she laid at the entrance of the den and let the cool air brush through her warm pelt. Letting out a sigh the girl breathed in the air of the chilly morning. The sun would rise in about an hour, there was no use waking anyone else up.

"You're dead, leave me alone," she whispered and gave her head a shake. Her fur was standing out in odd bits and ends, matted in places from tears and sweat. Her body was still shaking, and goosebumps prickled up all over her body making her hackles raise. Nothing could help her relax and so, she just laid they and stared helplessly out at the starry sky.

[/html]
[html]

indent The moment Faolin had jumped up, Gabriel had woken. He did not move immediately, because she did not rush towards any danger or call to him. It was a hair-trigger with his movement, his reactions, and tonight he had managed to keep from pulling it. In the dark his eyes remained slits, barely open, and he listened to her move away from them and towards the entrance. For a moment, he considered returning to sleep and letting her have her moment, but the wind betrayed her words and he knew something terrible had happened. She hadn’t spoken about her father for longer then he could remember.

indent Pushing himself up and advancing slowly, the four-legged hybrid came to his mate’s side and gave her a gentle nudge with his muzzle, taking a seat at her side. “He can’t hurt you,” the Aquila said quietly, keeping his voice down as not to disturb their sleeping children.

[/html]
[html]

<3

Faolin had not even heard her mate rise, she was too focused on this dream and what it meant. The thought that Gabriel would take his place made her laugh almost. No, that could not have been it. That would not happen. She almost jumped when Gabriel brushed her and let out a sigh and buried her muzzle within his fur, red eyes closing for a moment as she breathed in his scent. It was so comforting and it made her feel safe. Here, in Inferni, surrounded by many coyotes along with her mate and children. All tied to her in some way, shape or form. She would not go down without a fight. She had already killed him once, there was no way he was coming back. Maybe his ghost perhaps? She shook her head.

"I thought I had finally gotten rid of his image out of my mind, but he still haunts me in my dreams, it's just gotten worse lately it seems," she sighed and leaned against Gabriel's bulky form. It had been a hard past couple of nights waking up in sweats. Most of the time she was able to roll back over and go to sleep, but this morning she was too worked up and needed that breath of fresh air. The horror that she felt from the dream was slowly ebbing away into nothingness just like when she was a puppy. It always faded the scariness of it, until she was back again, waking up scared to death of what was lurking around in every corner and shadow.

[/html]
[html]

indent She seemed to calm, leaning into him. Gabriel was glad he could offer her this, after so long—she had gone missing for so long, and her trail had gone cold so quickly. He knew it was the way things had to be done, but it still was terrible to think of her alone in the way he had been. He knew that there was a terrible madness in his blood and knew that it had been raised in the wild. He knew that it would not take much now for him to lose that control. It was a tight wire, connected to Faolin and his children. If one of those things snapped, if one was put in danger, he would do far worse then set the world on fire.

indent Still, it did not good to brood on what could come to pass. “I’m sorry,” he offered. “He’s gone. He’s never coming back. If he did, I’d send him back to that pit for you,” he added, eyes gleaming viciously in the pre-dawn dark.

[/html]
[html]

<3

Faolin smiled as he mentioned putting her father back in the hole he might have crawled out of. She was probably just worrying and the nightmares had been coming more because of her lack of sleep and all her worrying. Making sure the children got enough to eat, border duty, making sure everything was still alright. Lately she had been taking a lot of trips down to the beach and it just reminded her of home. Maybe that was it? She sighed and stared out at the sky as she leaned into her mate, his fur covered one of her crimson orbs.

"I don't know what I would do without you," she whispered, her red and cream muzzle lifting up and giving the large golden male a lick under his chin playfully. She curled her body in toward him and her tail flicked back and forth, content with just laying there beside him. "I love you so much," she said, crimson eyes flickering up towards his as she gave his cheek another couple affectionate licks and she breathed into his ear playfully, hopefully tickling the fur along the edge of it. Grinning from ear to ear, her nerves finally calming slightly.

[/html]
[html]

indent He breathed in the morning air quietly, thinking of only three things—the children and her. All too suddenly, though, she was speaking and smiling, licking his face and breathing in his ear. Flicking it and shaking his head, the hybrid cast her a sullen glance. It was soon gone, though, like a cloud passing over the sun. “I love you too,” he said, leaning his head onto her. For a moment more he was quiet, but then Gabriel’s eyes darkened slightly, unfocused on the vast area before him.
indent “Are you glad you came back?” The question was sudden, unprovoked, curious.

[/html]
[html]
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg17 ... Ground.jpg);">

Faolin watched her mate's face, looking for some type of emotion. She was not sure what passed through him, but when he spoke those words everything else was forgotten and she liked the silence. Red eyes turned back out towards the sky that was slowly growing lighter before them. A dawn of a new day. How quaint. Her tail brushed back and forth and paused as he asked his question. Her ears perked up and she searched his face again, eyes widening slightly before relaxing, there was no harm in his question.

"I would not have came back if I didn't. There were too many memories to be forgotten when I was gone. It hurt me every day to be separated from the clan lands," she spoke quietly, a small smile crept over her muzzle and she gave his cheek another lick. "I ran most of the way back, just to see your face. I was so happy you were still here. I don't know what I would have done if you weren't. Are you happy that you returned?" she asked, remembering that Gabriel had been gone for quite a long time. They had sort of grown up together when they were much younger, but Gabriel had disappeared before returning months later.
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg17 ... Footer.jpg) no-repeat bottom; width: 396px; height: 58px;">
[/html]
[html]

indent Even now, there were unanswered questions in his mind. There were hundreds of thousands, and he knew that brooding on them would do no good. Still, though, they festered like a dying star. One day soon it would turn super-nova and try and take down the world with it. For now the thoughts of war were still far away—it would be all too soon, though, that he fell into that blinding light. It would be terrible, it would be vicious, and it would be remarkable. He had not lost his mind since the day he marked his right hand and that had been a long time coming.
indent He listened to her answer, eyes unfocused. Not until she asked him a question directly did he turn his face towards her. “Yes,” he said quietly, his eyes speaking volumes. She was the grounding position in his life, the only thing that kept him safe. Without her, he would have long ago fallen into the madness in his blood. Leaning his head onto her neck, he sighed heavily and shut his eyes. For one brief instant, he thought of telling her the truth—that it had been his hand that started the fire, but decided against this.

[/html]