[html]
Thread Information
Date: 22 June

Setting: Kitchen Room of Anathema

Time: Morning

Character Form: Optime
[/html]
[html]

Hi Mommy Big Grin / Word Count: 512 (5 points)

It had been a while since the accident to the young wolf’s face occurred. Since then, Scorpius had spent most of his time at home and thinking about what to do with his life. His mind was occupied on other things. He emitted a soft sign from his lips as he stared to the ceiling of his home. He had still been attending his lessons with his mother, though more now than before, he had been doing his own things. He had a few plans to do outside of the pack lands, though he didn’t plan to tell his mother about them. He was sure she would just make a big deal out of all of it. His ruby gaze moved around as he stood up and placed the mask he wore back on his face. He then began to make his way out of his home and out into the general common area. He gazed around as it seemed none of the other members of the pack were out here. Perhaps they are all busy. The black male began to wander around the common area as he held his arms behind his back.

Scorpius soon moved from the common area and to the kitchen room. No one was here either, but perhaps he would be able to attrach someone here and help him to cook a meal with him. He moved from the kitchen area and into the cold storage. He was sure it would be alright to look for some meat to share with someone. His fingers moved along the meats stored in there and picked out one nice peace and then began to head back into kitchen area. He set the meat down as he rested his body in front of where the food would be cooked. The fire was out and he would have to build a new one from scratch. He silently got up and began to head out of the closest exit to the cooking area. As he exited, he began to collect some small twigs and sticks for the fire. He was sure he wouldn’t need too much to get a fire going, and he would always be able to come back out here if he needed more.

The black male entered back into the cave system and back over to the area where he was going to cook. He placed the twigs on the ground and then the sticks on top. He then began to rub two sticks together until he got a spark and the fire began to grow. He paused as he stared into the fire, the memories of his accident coming back to him. He could remember feeling the horrible heat on his face as he placed his hand over his mask. It was a horrible day and he wondered what had happened to the one who pushed him into the fires. The male closed his ruby eyes as he let out a sigh. For now it didn’t matter. What matter now was he focused on his life now.

<style type="text/css">
.Nani_and_pup b {font-weight:bold; color:#d4ded7; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #0b2a22; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Nani_and_pup .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Nani_and_pup p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Nani_and_pup {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#493e30; border:2px solid #ffffa8; border-top-style: hidden; -moz-border-radius-bottomright:20px; -moz-border-radius-bottomleft:20px; -webkit-border-bottom-left-radius:20px; -webkit-border-bottom-right-radius:20px; 0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3caeb3; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

She expected that Scorpius would grow up a bit and find his own way in the world, but still instructed the boy every now and again when it was needed. He was still young, and youth needed guidance and structure to flourish. She would teach her next children that as well…whenever they came along. She hadn’t been sleeping with Viking as much lately and had spent that night with Barrett…that was where she thought that this belly full of pups had come from. It had been too long since she’d been with Viking for them to belong to him.

The first sign had been the sudden drain of energy that she’d experienced, accompanied by sudden onsets of dizziness and nausea. She hadn’t told anyone about it yet, but now it was beginning to show a tiny bit, a defined lump in her midsection announcing it. Naniko hadn’t been feeling too bad this day, the bouts of dizziness far and in-between. They seemed to come more often when she didn’t rest enough or was stressed about one thing or another. Today she planned on taking it easy, wanting to stick to the cave system for the most part.

She caught sight of her son crossing between the rooms and watched what he was doing for a short while before coming out, noting his fire. ”Thought you’d learned not to play with fire, Son” She chided jokingly, a cruel smirk and raised eyebrow visible among her features. ”I’m joking. Keeping busy lately, I’ve noticed”

<style>
.AnaFK-07 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.AnaFK-07 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.AnaFK-07 b {font-family:verdana; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.AnaFK-07 {background-color:#abb092; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:496px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... s/rawr.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:294px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .AnaFK-07-border {width:498px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 501 (5 points)

As Scorpius waited for someone to join his, he relaxed onto his back and stared up to the ceiling. He waited for a moment before closing his eyes thinking of other things. His mind kept returning to that awful day, the one he wished he could forget. He recalled looking over to the tan wolf as the fire was spreading. He could remember feeling the male’s touch on him and then the heat burning his face. He moved his paw over his mask as he folded his ears down. Why did it have to be him that this happened to? Why couldn’t it have been someone else in the pack? He removed his mask as he moved his fingers gently over his burns. It would take him a while to recover from the inicident, but sitting here like this was not going to help at all. He would have to figure out something to make him forget about that. Perhaps one of the members would be able to help him with that.

The black wolf then heard a voice coming from his side. He sat up quickly and opened his ruby eyes, looking over to the white wolf. It was his mother Naniko. He quickly placed the mask back on his face as he stared at her. ”Mom, you surprised me.” He moved his tail out from under him and quickly brushed away the dirt from his fur. He narrowed his eyes over to her as she joked about the fire. ”Mom please don’t joke about that. It’s not funny.” He rested his arms on his legs as he turned his gaze back to the flames. He had not taken note to the way his mother had been acting the past days, though she did seem a bit off these days. He placed the meat over to his other side and held it up to his mother. ”Care to join me for a meal Mom?” He didn’t know how to cook though he was sure she would know how.

Scorpius went back to another topic that the white wolf had asked him about before. He gave her a small nod. ”Yes. I was going to head out after here to go and look for some supplies. I was going to start and make a map of the main cave, then work on the others outside of here.” The male was not ambitious and didn’t care too much for his rank, though he wanted to impress his mother with his abilities. He felt she was focusing on her for a reason, so now it was time to show her that he could contribute to the pack. He gave her a small smile before turning back to the fire and waiting for her to cook. He stretched out his arms as he turned his ruby eyes back over to the white wolf. ”Have you been feeling alright Mom? You don’t look so good. Perhaps you should go and rest after this.”

<style type="text/css">
.Nani_and_pup b {font-weight:bold; color:#d4ded7; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #0b2a22; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Nani_and_pup .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.Nani_and_pup {margin:0px auto; width:480px; background-color:#493e30; border:2px solid #ffffa8; border-top-style: hidden; -moz-border-radius-bottomright:20px; -moz-border-radius-bottomleft:20px; -webkit-border-bottom-left-radius:20px; -webkit-border-bottom-right-radius:20px; 0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3caeb3; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

"Not to you, maybe" She chuckled, tail wagging behind her. The luperci had a cruel sense of humor at times...she couldn't help it. It helped her get through the day, sometimes. She did enjoy poking fun at others, especially if they had a weak crack that she could prod at and exploit. She would likely always give Scorpius grief for his scars. Maybe it would help him become less sensitive about them, someday. Nani was looking out for him, in her own twisted way.

He invited her to sit down for a meal. She realized that she was hungry, ravenous even, and quickly nodded in response. "We can put it on sticks and roast it...or just eat it raw. I'm hungry enough to eat some of it raw and cook some" Yes, she'd sit down with her boy and share a meal with him. She heard of his plans to make a map and cleared her throat to reply. "I have a few pieces of charcoal in my den that you can use, if you'd like. I saved them from a few of the fires that burned in the dens of those who left us to join Salsola. She said.

"But yes..a meal would be nice. I have been feeling more tired lately...using my energy much faster than before and feeling hunger much more quickly."She said. Naniko wasn't sure if he would pick up on her pregnancy or not, if he knew the signs of such a thing. "I think that I may have another litter in the next few months. Even more siblings for you, Scorpius."

<style>
.AnaFK-07 b {font-family:verdana; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.AnaFK-07 {background-color:#abb092; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:496px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... s/rawr.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:294px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .AnaFK-07-border {width:498px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count: 527 (5 points)

Scorpius was not a fan of his mother’s sense of humor. He was sure she could find something in everyone one here to laugh about that was a sore spot for them. It was even worse seeing as he still hadn’t gotten over the fire and tried to avoid the memory of it for a long as he could. His mother’s joke was not helping at all. He gave a small growl as he crossed his arms. ”I don’t see how you find it funny. Do you find joy in my suffering?” He knew his mother looked after him well, but there were things about the way she did it that he didn’t like. He wondered if there would be someone better to help him get over the inner pain his scars left behind. He gave a soft sigh as he uncrossed his arms.

The black male was at least happy to see that his mother was joining him for a meal, though which way of eating she didn’t seem to care. Really he didn’t care either so long as he could spend some time with her. He took some of the raw meat and handed it to her. ”I don’t mind how we eat it. I can eat it either way.” He took his share and began to eat it raw. If he wanted he was sure he would always be able to cook it later. The meat tasted really good and even brought a small smile to the wolf’s face. His ears moved up as she cleared her throat and offered him some charcoal that he would be able to use for his maps. He gave her a small nod as he finished the bite in his mouth. ”That sounds good. Thanks Mom. I still will be going out to get some more supplies. I’ll need some paper to make the maps on and some lights for the more unexplored caves.” In a way with his words, he was trying to impress Naniko. He wondered if he was even doing so.

Scorpius paused as his mother told him that she was getting tired more often and hungier as well. At first it would just seem that she was working too hard, but then she mentioned about having another litter soon. He soon gave way to a surprised look on his face. He was only just now getting to spend some time with his half siblings and now there would be more on the way. To be honest he didn’t really know what to think about his new siblings. On one had it would be nice to not be the youngest of her pups anymore, though it would take some time away from being able to see her. Perhaps it wouldn’t be so bad and now would be more time than ever to impress the white wolf with his abilities. Perhaps he would even rise above her new pups if they got her same teachings. ”I see… I guess it’ll be nice so long as they don’t bother me while I’m working. I’d like to get the areas mapped out without too much distraction.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Whew; my Rew thread post wiped me out! XD

"Yes." She said. She stuck her tongue out a tiny bit at him to show that she was joking with him, giving a small chuckle. Her boy was so sensitive about things. He began to eat and she took a large chunk herself, chewing thoughtfully as he accepted her offer. The maps would have to be pretty complex and all drawn in the same style for one to see how they continued into each other. It would take many pieces of paper. "I wish to continue to add on to the drawing in the main cave...the large map that we have there of the caves" She mentioned.

"But after you get done with yours. The one in the main cave is pretty general...I'm sure we could adapt whatever you draw in a larger sense so that everyone can understand it. It's getting into those areas and finding all the new caves and tunnels that are the hard part. I'd recommend you bring some kind of a light, definitely." He was ahead of her in that thought. There were some extra torches in the supply room, but she'd have to go about making more if Scorpius was serious about his map-making and exploring. "What have you been up to other than that? Have you made any new friends in the pack lately, son?"

<style>
[html]

Sorry for the wait Jamesy / Word Count: 501 (5 points)

As much as he didn’t like the fact that Naniko was able to laugh at his misery, Scorpius tried not to mind it. He cared about his mother and it was better for her to be in a good mood anyways. He wished he would be able to speak to someone about overcoming the terrible memory that was hidden beneath his mask. He would then be over it and his mother’s joke would not pull at him so much. For now it was like a splinter that would never leave. For now, it was fine. His ruby gaze moved over as she chuckled and began to gnaw at her meal. It was nice to be able to share a meal with his mother and he took back to his share of the meat. It was tender and filled him up. He still had some left as the white wolf began to speak again. She spoke of the large map they had for the inner caves. It would be nice to add onto an existing one, though he did see a small problem with this. If this other map had names of previous members who occupied the dens, then it wouldn’t look as clean. He would have to take a look at it later to see what it looked like and what changes would need to be made to it.

The black male gave a nod to his mother’s comments about the map and spoke once she was done. ”I’m sure I will be able to do that Mom. If anything once I am done in here, I can explore and see if there are easier accesses into the cave and make escape routes in case something happens to the pack. It’ll be useful to add that onto the map as well.” He knew he was going to need some light while he explored the other areas of the caves. He was sure most of them wouldn’t be lit like they were here. ”Thanks for the advice Mom. I’ll be sure to look for some lanterns while I’m out.” He knew there were torches here, but he would rather use his own supplies in case some of the other pack members needed them instead of him.

Scorpius’ ears moved up as his mother changed the subject and asked if he had made any other friends in the pack lately. The male soon fell silent as he thought for a moment. He hadn’t really spoken with the other members of the pack and had been alone. He wondered if there was anyone in the pack that his mother could show him to. It would be nice to have some friends in the pack who were not his half siblings. ”Not really… though I would like to. Is there anyone that you would recommend Mom?” As he waited for the white she wolf to reply, he went back to finishing his meal. He began to lick his fingers and his lips clean.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style>
.naniko .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.naniko p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko-border {width:379px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

I completely forgot about this thread @___@

He tended to repeat her title a lot, she noticed. Naniko tried not to lose attention as she listened to Scorpius ramble on about one thing or another. She looked him over, noting how he had grown in the last few months and watching his muzzle open and close as he talked to her. The female was used to being the top dog and expected that her son show a certain attitude and not be pushed around by others...but if he was this way toward everyone, then she would worry for him. "Alright." She said simply. As long as he was busy with something, she'd try to be happy.

Such a talkative boy. "I don't really have any friends. Just underlings." She said, grinning widely. "No..but anyone in the family is good to know. You might end up depending on them later when you least expect it." She advised. "And you should probably get to know the warriors of the pack...get some lessons, or something. I did...now I know how to protect myself a little bit better" Naniko said. Scorpius was growing up fast, and there were many things that he would need to know, many lessons to learn in their adult world. "I wish you luck. And if you ever need me, just call and I'll try to be there."

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

We can close this now / Word Count: 531 (5 points)

Scorpius wasn't paying too much attention to his mother's reactions to him and wasn't even too sure about if she was really even listening. He gazed at her out of the corner of his eyes as he spoke. He could tell she was looking at him, though looking and listening were two different things. He soon stopped and his mother said one simple word. Perhaps she thought he talked too much for his own good. Perhaps he did. He would have to get better at this and make shorter statements, or at least ones that weren't repetitive. He gave the white she wolf a small nod before turning his eyes back towards the fire. It was starting to die down and so was their conversation on his duties. He knew what he needed to do and intended on doing it as soon as he could. The better prepared his maps were, the better the newer members to the pack would be able to figure out their way around the caves. It would be better if they didn't get lost. He really didn't want to have to go looking for the members if they were lost.

The black male listened as his mother mentioned that she didn't have friends, but underlings. He would rather have some friends in the pack. He noticed the grin come to her face before she began to speak again. She began to mention that anyone in the family would be good. He would have to start seeing more of the family members. He knew that his half siblings were here now and hoped he would be able to make a friend out of at least one of them. She then began to speak again, reccomending him that he visit one of the warriors and seeked some training from them. He did want to get some sort of weapon in the future and was sure there was someone in Anathema who would be able to teach him how to use a weapon. He gave her a small nod. "Yes, I'll be sure to do that." He wasn't too sure who the warriors were in the pack, though he was sure he would be able to ask around. He didn't want to bug his mother anymore.

Scorpius soon stood and passed by the white wolf. His ruby gaze turned to her as he looked over his shoulder. "I should be heading out before it gets too late. Take care of yourself Mom, and if you need me, just howl." He soon turned his head back as he headed towards the exit of the caves. He would soon begin his journey out to go looking for supplies. He wanted to get out and make sure he got all his new supplies and back home before it got too dark. His nose turned towards the air as he began to walk so he knew he was going in the right direction. He had a plan and knew he would have to stick to it. For now he would not like to bother his mother. She needed the rest with her expecting litter and would rather not get on her bad side.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]