change.
Ookami picked up Jace's scent on the wind. He followed it. He needed to talk to someone about this whole changing pack thing. He wanted to stay loyal to Phoenix Valley, but he felt weird knowing he would be leaving the Phoenix Valley lands. He really didn't want to. Maybe he would just stay here and act like it still was a pack. Doing his whole patrol of the borders and stuff. He could just pretend everyone was inside the day because they were sick. It would make him feel like nothing was changing.

He felt awful. It felt like the time he had been kicked out of his home pack. Even though he hated it there everything was changing. He wouldn't see his family ever again, even though they all hated him anyway. He wouldn't see the shawomen that had been so kind to him, even though he only saw her whenever he was horribly injured, which was about once a week. Still his life had changed then.

Then he had found Phoenix Valley and he promised he would never leave. He took a deep breath and picked his pace up. He had wrote a song for Adonia and wanted to ask Jace if it sounded good. He found her at last.

"Hey Jace.."
3+

In an uncharacteristic look back at the past Jace had returned to the place where she had given birth prematurely and where she had caught the pup killer Argul trying to dig up her little ones and also where she had burned thier small cold dead bodies in a huge intense fire and scattered the ashes so that none may ever try to dig them up again. This area would thrive from the fertilizer of their bodies and bloom more spectacularly than the surroundings. THe woman lay in her lupus on top of the log that concealed her and Temo's first den in Phoenix Valley, also the one she had extended back into the earth after Lucifer had raped her.

No tears or feelings of despair came to her however only a sense of delayed peace and calmness, for all the horror, sorrow and heartache that had occured here the woman felt at ease, still unknowing of the spirits of the three month old pups who gamboled and played in their out of phase spirit world around her motionless form. Her mismatched blue and amber gaze stared off into nothingness as she sought to keep her mind off of the swiftly upcoming merging on the Valley and Dahlia de Mai and instead focused upon all the things about the Valley that she loved and found calming.

She was dragged out of her musings however by the approach of her good friend, tail wagged happily and she rose to her feet, jumping down from the log to sit in front of its entrance. The scent of birthing and pain still weakly emanated from it but it was so faint she could ignore it for now. She wondered if he had sought her out for any particular reason or if it was by chance or if he was just dropping by to say hello and have a chat like the two often did during the lazy days where there didn't seem to be any work to do.

"Hey Ookami, everything okay?"
Ookami smiled at Jace. She seemed to be thinking about something and he felt bad for interupting. He sat down on the ground, his tail wagging happily. "Sure, everything is fine... I just came to talk about this whole merge." He took a deep breath, "I kinda figured from the other day that you weren't too excited about it?" He sighed, personally he wasn't too excited about it either. The Valley was his home! How was he ever going to be able to leave it? He just couldn't do it. But he needed to have a home for him and Adonia, especially if they were to have pups in the near future.

He sighed, "I am not too happy about it.. I can't imagen leaving this place..." He shook his head, he just couldn't believe that Jefferson was handing over the Valley. He wasn't angry with him though. Jefferson had been having it rough lately and it would probably be better for him, but it would just be weird without Jefferson as a leader. He was all that Ookami knew. Besides Geneva and Tala. He took another deep breath as he focaused on his friend. He nuzzled her cheek gently, "How do you feel about all of this?"
omg this is so fail D:

She grimaced as Ookami mentioned the exact thing that she had been trying to avoid thinking about, snorting sarcastically as her old friend sighed,

"Not happy no, but I understand why." The wind ruffled her fur as it blew by.

"Did you see him? He looked old and I mean old. To be honest he's looked old ever since I joined and probably for some time before that.