i'd catch a grenade for you
[html]

Word Count → 000

Is it okay if Val picks up Gunnar after you reply?

Valinta was optimistic. As she ran in her Lupus form from the meeting with Galileo and Gemma, she smiled. The female couldn't wait to tell her son about the possibility of a new home, a new pack. A pack that she herself had helped to create!

As she neared the clearing that she had left Gunnar with her things in, Valinta slowed down and stopped. Her son's scent was faint. Very faint. Beginning to shift, her eyes narrowed as she realized he had wandered off. Fully shifted, Valinta swept up the hair tumbling down her back into a swift braid, and quickly donned her belt and necklace.

The woman had originally intended to ask him outright if he'd follow her into the new pack, but now to find that he was gone.... There were far better possibilities to work with than that. Valinta smiled to herself, and carefully schooled her expression into one of fear bordering on panic. She really was worried about her little boy, but she could use it against him.

<style>
.kfree-04 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/km8Cx.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.kfree-04 .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:center;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.kfree-04 .ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.kfree-04 .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted;}
.kfree-04 p {text-indent:20px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.kfree-04 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.kfree-04 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.kfree-04 u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Go right ahead. :3

Well, wandering off had come out worth it in the end, or so Gunnar thought. He trotted back to where his mother had left him with high spirits and an even higher, wagging tail, grin plastered on his face. He'd met a new friend! Eclipse was her name, a pretty tawny pup with even prettier eyes and epic hunting skills (or at least he thought so). They'd met on the beach, quite a ways away from where his mother had dropped him off. So of course, by the time he reached the clearing, he felt the aching tire of his little legs starting to creep up on his good mood.

And then there was his mother. Valinta's look of fear and panic quickly struck home, sending a pang of guilt through him quicker than any scolding ever would. His tail was still waving as he approached the clearing, but upon seeing his mother back before him and looking very afraid, he tucked his tail and lowered his head, grimacing. Great, now Mom's going to freak out because I ran off. Was it still a good adventure? Was it still worth it? So far, yes... but...

...h-hi, Mum. Came Gunnar's weak greeting, head low and ears back in obvious guilt, probably for being caught, not for worrying her. (That's just how kids are.) Did you do anything fun while you were gone? His attempt at distracting her, a very bad attempt, probably about to blow up in his face.

Image courtesy of Antmoose@Flickr; coding by the Mentors!

<style>
.GunnarThrone p.ooc {text-indent:0px; font-style:italic; font-size:10px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.GunnarThrone p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:45px;}
.GunnarThrone b {color:#607caf; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.GunnarThrone .name { width:200px; height:10px; float:right;}
.GunnarThrone {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/124dL.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#777777; letter-spacing:.-.5px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:18px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:330px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → 000

Le thanks ^^

Right when Valinta was going to legitimately panic outright, Gunnar walked into the clearing looking happy. Rushing forward, the female swept him up in her arms and held him tightly, bordering on clutching. "Baby baby baby..." she cooed, glad that he was safe. h-hi mum. he said, obviously guilty. Valinta mentally scowled. Probably for being caught, not worrying her. (She was a kid, once, too.)

Then his question. Valinta went immediately still. For some reason, that question pissed her off. "Did I have fun?" she hissed. Setting the boy down, she began to loudly complain about his behavior and oh, how hard life is for the two of them!

"I was out today finding a new home for us, Gunnar! A new home so we can be safe, and you're asking me if I had fun? I was working, toiling out there just to have a place where I could keep you safe! If you're gone, and I don't know where you are, how can I do that? How can I keep you safe? What if a bear attacked you?!" she screeched. For some reason, the female had an unfounded fear that a bear was going to take any chance it had to attack and eat her son. She was an odd one.

"I can understand if you were going to run away because something dangerous was here, but you can't honestly say there was!" Crouching down, Valinta set her gaze on Gunnar's guilty eyes. "Do you have any idea how worried I was?" she hissed at him, knowing he'd cow at the tone.

Valinta mentally grinned. This ploy would work. They usually did, at least.

<style>
.kfree-04 {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/km8Cx.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:Georgia;font-size:12px;line-height:16px;text-align:justify;margin-top:10px;}
.kfree-04 .ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;text-align:center;margin:2px;text-indent:0px;}
.kfree-04 .ooc b {font-weight:bold;font-style:normal;}
.kfree-04 .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted;}
.kfree-04 p {text-indent:20px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.kfree-04 b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.kfree-04 i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
.kfree-04 u {font-style:italic;text-decoration:none;font-variantConfusedmall-caps;border-bottom:1px dotted;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

TANTRUM METER RISING! xD

Gunnar squeaked as his mum scooped him up, holding him close and tight. However, when his mother stilled after his question, he felt a cold tingle of dread trail down his spine to his tail. Uh-oh. Stone eyes snapped over to her face and he instantly saw the scowl forming there, even before she hissed out an echo of his question. He set him down, giving him a chance to back up a bit and tuck his tail, ears back... and then off she went on a tirade of sorts.

Every word pierced him like an arrow. By the time she finished, he felt as if his chest had become a splintered target, strewn with arrows and crossbow bolts. He whined, rocking his head back and forth in obvious guilt, trying to hold back a tantrum building up in the back of his mind, out of frustration. I'm sorry, mum. I didn't mean to make you worried. He couldn't look her in the eye, but it wasn't because he was lying. It was more out of fear, that he'd break down into a whimpering whelp infront of her.

I wanted to explore a bit. He admitted, looking up at her. I was careful. I didn't go too far. He blinked, then a small smile made it to his face. An' I wasn't alone! Eclipse was with me! As if it made everything better, he wagged his tail weakly, the tip hitting against his leg a bit. She's real brave, mum! An' she's a great hunter! She caught a rabbit all by herself! He was proud of his new friend. She was pretty, smart, brave and fun.

It took him a moment, but finally the pup clued into something his mother had said. ...did you say you found us a home? He suddenly asked, cocking his head to the side and scrunching his nose a bit. I don't wanna join a pack! He yelped, smile vanishing. I don't wanna be bossed around by strangers. Because pack life was completely and totally about being bossed around by people he didn't know, as far as he was concerned... at least, at this point.

Image courtesy of Antmoose@Flickr; coding by the Mentors!

<style>
.GunnarThrone p.ooc {text-indent:0px; font-style:italic; font-size:10px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.GunnarThrone p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:45px;}
.GunnarThrone b {color:#607caf; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.GunnarThrone .name { width:200px; height:10px; float:right;}
.GunnarThrone {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/124dL.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#777777; letter-spacing:.-.5px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:18px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:330px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count → --- :: waterworks :c sorry for le lateness.

Valinta stood up, and half turned, her hand coming up over her face. It was less to hide exhasperation with the boy, more to hide her growing amusement. It wasn't her fault, who could stay mad at him when he was so adorable and obviously apologetic? Not to mention afraid, something that she didn't like, but could work with.

She nodded at his apology, and accepted it. She knew he wouldn't deliberately go out of his way to scare the bejesus out of her. Then he started takling about Eclipse..? As if she knew who whoever the hell that was? A pup who could hunt? What? Rabbits? What?

Before Valinta could even try to decipher what on Earth was going on with Gunnar and his new friend, he changed moods upbruptly and was looking pissed. He didn't want to be in a pack? But Val was putting in so much hard work for it... She couldn't help it. Tears welled up in the buttercup-yellow eyes. "You don't want to be in my pack? But... But..." She sank down to the ground and felt her lip tremble. "But I'm working so hard for us..." she sniffled.

<style>
.valintaflower .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; color:#68713f;}
.valintaflower .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#68713f}
.valintaflower p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.valintaflower b {color:#68713f; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.valintaflower {background-color:#fdfdfd; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2OtpY.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; -moz-border-radius: 1em; border-radius: 1em; padding:230px 0px 5px 0px; border:2px solid #8f7f41; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8f7f41; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.valintaflower .separator{width:300px; border-bottom:2px dotted #8f7f41; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]