question about Leucism?
Okay, so I looked it up on WikiPedia but didn't really find the answer to my question... So I was wondering if someone else could help?

Is there any way that if my character had Leucism they could later on in life die from it? Like a disease from it that they over time are like quietly killed from it?

And if not, what kind of disease can do that? Like a genetic one too.. something that both brother and sister could get from say their father? But not another sister or brother.

Thanks in advance!
[html]Here's some info on Leucism. Big Grin Anyway, I don't think there is any genetic dieases leucistic canines can get, as far as my knowledge goes, which isn't much; all leucism does it make hair/fur lack pigmentation in one area or the whole body. As for the genetic diease, the only one I can think off the top of my head is heart disease, and the said character can die in his/her sleep because their heart stopped?[/html]
Doesn't Kite's new character, Selena Black, have Leucism?
And also, for your other question, I don't know exactly what diseases could do that, but it's a matter of genetics. A disease carried by a familial line could come into contact with another disease carrier and offspring from those two lines could result in disease carriers (people who have it but aren't affected), people affected by the disease, and people that don't have it.
I hope I answered your question, at least a little bit..?
edit: I got ninja'd! :o
hmm.. okay. Thanks!(:
I don't think that heart disease is what I'm looking for though..
Wouldn't someone know that they have heart disease, or is it just a quite thing that could happen at any moment?

I want something that you could go your whole life living with it and not even notice it and then bam! It just happens around that certain age where your body can't take it anymore and gives out or something?
Isnt heart disease typically detected through blood work and family history? So I think it would be quite possible for a character to suffer from it unknowingly and then just kick the bucket one day, rather it be heart attack or in their sleep. Chest pain might be a symptom, but not required I don't think...

I admit I am at work so I did not research my response at all...

Cancer could also work? As I am sure there are many types of cancer that could go undetected until it was too late, but that would likely be a much slower death rather than BAM as you put it
Yeah, I had a cousin that had a type of cancer and didn't know about it. It wasn't leukemia but it ate away at the bones. She didn't found out she had it until one day she was doing nothing more than standing up and her leg broke. It was going in that they found out about the cancer but it was too late. It had progressed too far and she didn't last much longer past that. She was like 26 or 27 when she died. So yeah, there are cancers you can go for years with not knowing about because there are no symptoms until something just goes wrong.

But also if you think about it, this is luperci. They don't have advanced science and medicine so it wasn't like they would be able to scan and predict diseases anyways. But what I would do is look for something that can be found in canines and research their diseases. Because remember we are dealing with the anatomy of canines and not humans.
Awh! ): sorry about your cousin!

It doesnt exactly have to be like BAM I just mean that she could go on living for a while, the disease is slowly killing her and then it just kills her.. I'll look up diseases like that(

Thanks for all the ideas!(: