At the Stables
Forward dated to July tenth. WC:337
Shiloh was in her home away from home. She had grown used to being with the horses, their beauty and calm clearing her mind. She sat quietly on a bale of hay, next to a soft cream and gray dappled mare that she had been starting to visit regularly. She had gotten back into the rhythm of whittling and was currently whittling the horse she was getting attached to. She was having a hard time carving the mane because her whole right arm was in a sling so her shoulder would heal. She couldn't move her arm, her hand or anything because the pain would shoot up into her shoulder. She growled in frustration and throws the horrible carving out of the stables before getting up and walking into the mares pen.

The horse wasn't scared of her misshapen form and nudged her hand softly looking for a snack. She wasn't sure if she was suppose to be in the stables but this mare was slowly worming her way into Shiloh's heart. She rubbed the horses soft nose with her good hand and scratched her behind the ears. "I want to keep you but you, like so many others are not mine to have. You should have a better owner then me, she whispered leaning into the horse for comfort. She often came here to talk to the mare knowing she wouldn't judge her for how she felt or how she looked.
"Why couldn't he look at me like you do? Why couldn't Leon love me like I want to love him?" she whispered against the mare as it started to lay down. Shiloh had been starting to sleep better with the horse and often told Mizu about her. Mizu was waning her off the sleep tea knowing that she often slept better with the horse. Shiloh yawned and leaned on the horses side, her steady heart beat and breathing bringing her a sense of peace and quiet. She yawned again and fell asleep against the mare.
2+

The man was tired and weary as he made his slow way towards the stables yet again, he hadn't stopped since he had gotten back from his journey and was still trying to recover from the stress and effort of it all. Having to launch immediately into caring for the animals and the ones he had brought back was slowly eating at him, the Austral man needed a well deserved break badly. Every step he took seemed to drag him further down and the man rubbed at his face tiredly, lines and wrinkles marked his face and clearly displayed his lack of sleep, he looked ready to drop at any moment.

Still thought his duty to the pack came first and he walked with some effort to the stables, the nickers and whinnys of the horses and the smell of hay and horse dung were immensely reassuring to the Spaniard male, something that sparked off the stress relief receptors in his brain even as his body cringed at the idea of the work that lay ahead of him looking after them but he wouldn't change his rank and job for anything. Surprise tinged his features as he entered the stables to find Shiloh asleep on a bale of hay with one of the horses leaning over its stall to sniff at her motionless form.

The woman looked extremely peaceful as she slept, not plagued by her insecurities and perceived faults or by the burns that stretched over her arms and face. The man sighed and wished he could sleep that easily. After a second of two of considering he decided to leave her there for as long as she slept, who knows when was the last time she had slept so peacefully. He quieted his actions as much as possible and began his duties, maneuvering around her when he needed to
Shiloh thinks Leon isn't really there. She has been missing him for so long that seeing him there she would freak. Smile

Shiloh woke as she felt someone brush past her. She didn't know how long she had been asleep but as soon as she saw who had brushed past her she thought she must still be asleep. "Leon?' she whispered at the tall dark figure she so often dreamed of. She sat up and rubbed her eye, yawning, her long pink tongue lolling out as she stretched. She looked where she had seen him disappear and though he wasn't really there. She stood and went to the mare behind her, rubbing her face and grabbing a brush to brush her with. She went into the stall and started brushing the horses coat, humming a son she used to sing to Lucian to help him sleep. She missed her family much but was finding her family here in AniWaya. She had grown close to Mizu and loved the medicine woman dearly. She had taken Shiloh under her wing, saved her life and helped her move on with her sisters death. She had grown rather fond of the pregnant woman and would defend her with her life.

Shiloh let her thought drift as she continued to take care of the mare, hugging her thick cream colored neck. She found peace and calm in the horses, and had been not only taking care of this mare she had started to like but all the horses. J'adore's horse was overly cuddly and loved her attention and Shiloh had also found she liked being with his horse. Her craft was carving but she found herself wanting more and more each day to take care of the horses that were starting to consume her life. She had stopped carving because she was finding it hard to carve the wood because she had gone weak in her right arm. She felt she was going to have to change professions. She had taken a liking to Mizu's medicine and wondered what herbs would help her shoulder and when she went into heat to stop it. She knew she would be going into heat soon for the first time and didn't want to end up with someone. She decided she would talk to Mizu about it later.
2+

He hardly noticed the woman as she slept on even though the small amount of noise he made, when the horse near her nickered he shushed her quietly, translating the reason why into low speech and got the impression the mare understood him even through his accent. The mare nickered again although it was significantly decreased in volume and turned back to the food he had placed into her box, the sounds of her munching on it filling up the silence between them. Suddenly a loud whinny came from outside and the man dropped the scoop, startled by the noise.

Cursing in spanish to himself he picked the plastic scoop up and returning it to the bucket before brushing past Shiloh on his way out to see what the problem was. Outside it appeared that 'Quera had once again tried to use his male charms to seduce Faith and the larger mare had put him firmly in his place. The male in question was on his way to the other end of the paddock with his head low sulking. He whistled softly and Faith pricked her ears and trotted over to him, still huffing and snorting her indignation. The man could not hold back his low chuckles of laughter and the horse nipped his shoulder sharply, he tapped her on her nose and she snorted again before trotting off gailey with her head turned, obviously ignoring him for his laughter.

He shook his head and made his way back to the stables, she would get over it soon enough and be after his pockets for an apple or carrot to munch upon. He was surprised however to find Shiloh not where he had left her and was awake brushing the mare whom he had told to shush earlier,

"Hola sleepy head, you have become awake at last, I was thinking you would be sleeping all day."' The male moved back to the feed bucket and again picked the scoop up out of it to rebegin his work.
Shiloh tensed as she heard the voice of the man she longed to see again. "Leon!" she breathed before running and jumping on him. She had longed to see the man that always seemed to be in her dreams and as she clung to him she hoped he missed her as much as she missed him. "Oh how I've missed you. Where have you been Leon?"[i] she whispered as she got off him with a smile. She looked him over before rubbing her arm softly, the soft twinge of pain shooting though it. She whined a little hoping he didn't hear it as her ears laid back and she looked away. The day had come that she would see him again. The last time they had been together she had been dying in his arms. She backed away. She was scared of what he thought of her, how he felt about her now that she had been deflowered and beaten. She went back to her horse, her emotions starting to get the best of her. She went back to brushing the mares cream fur.

She buried her face in the mare's mane and cried hoping Leon didn't think differently of her. [i]"Ple... please don't thi...think differently of m... me Le... Leon. I... I tr...tried to hold.... hi... him off,"
she stuttered against the mare as it nickered against her and nudged her. The mare wasn't one to let Shiloh cry against her and she nickered for Leon to come back. Shiloh pulled away from the mare and sat on a bale of hay and covered face with her hands as the mare snorted on her and made her look up, made her hug it large muzzle. There was something about the horse that let her calm down enough so that she didn't hyperventilate. She didn't want to look at Leon, didn't want to see his disappointment.
slight pp to get shizzle going, hope you don't mind Smile

5+

The man laughed happily as the burned and scarred woman ran to hug him, his arms went around her back and he squeezed, happy to see her after his long month away, he had missed her as he had missed all of his friends and his family, extended and blood related. "I have been being away trading for things that AniWaya needs and for gifts." He noticed her rubbing her arm and heard the whine of pain, both making him frown slightly as she let go and begin backing away from him as though he were something to fear, his frown deepened, what was wrong with her? Now he was very concerned about her and followed her forwards a few steps, a confused and concerned look upon his face as she cried into the mare's mane.

Her stuttering was pitiful and pulled at his heart strings, the man hated seeing his friends so upset especially over something that was not thier fault. His anger at the Cour des Miracles male seeped back into him and the fur along his spine stiffened noticeably but when he spoke his voice was soft and lilting,

[color-blue]"No I think no different of you chicka, you are a woman who has been wronged most grievously by a man, If anything it is him who should cry for committing such an evil and horrible act of brutality against a femme."[/color] He was sad that she had experienced the worst of the male kind before she had experienced the true pleasures a male could give her, now she would be scared of men for a long time and become even more secluded than she already was, he hoped the present he had brought for her would go towards helping her recover and from how the mare helped calm her down he was sure it would,

"If you would be coming with me outside Shiloh, I can be showing you what I have brought back for you." The man smiled gently trying to reassure her that he was still her friend and that he held no ill thoughts towards her. He gestured for her to follow him and turned to leave the stables where the mare he had brought back for her was tied up. She was still stood where he had left her, surveying her new home with a calmness that betrayed her gentle nature, other horses might have freaked out at being tied up in a new area but the mare was as calm as could be.

The mare was a light grey color, almost the same color that Shiloh herself was with large and caring brown eyes that looked over the two wolves with an air of at lease, her right hind leg had a darker sock that extended three or four inches above her hoof and a white blaze that traveled from her forehead down the center of her head and nose and ended on her velvety muzzle, breaking the soft lips in half with its color.

"She ees for you Shiloh, the merchant man had named her Katelyn which means Pure Beauty but he said she would most likely become attached to any other name if you wanted to rename her." As though rehearsed out beforehand, the mare walked to the end of the rope and stretched her head out towards Shiloh with an interested look in her body posture, although the rope kept her several foot away from the female.
He doesn't thing differently of me she though as she followed him outside. There was a beautiful gray and white mare tied up on a post. It walked to the end of the rope as if to go to Shiloh as Leon told her her name and told her the horse was for her. "Katelyn...." she whispered as tears ran down her face. She walked slowly up to the mare and touched her face, feeling Katelyn nudge her and want her closer. Shiloh hugged the horses muzzle and cried against her. The horse didn't freak out or buck or anything as Shiloh rubbed her neck and touched her body.

"She's mine Leon? You didn't have to get me a horse. I... just wanted to see you again," she said leaving the horse and hugging him again. She buried her face against his fur and cried. He had thought about her when he was away. She wasn't used to getting things from people and after a few moments pulled away from Leon and licked his cheek. "She is beautiful Leon. I... I don't know how to ride a horse though," she whispered softly looking over at Leon. She loved him more then ever now that she knew he cared and had came back to her. She wanted to be with him and at she thought she blushed and looked away her green eyes all but betreying how she felt about him. It was the stable repairs all over again. The horse nudged as she started to hyperventilate against her and Shiloh leaned against Katelyn for support
He smiled as horse and rider began to form the essential bond that would unite them as one in the future. This time Shiloh's tears did not make him uncomfortable or anxious because they were with joy and not in sadness like last time. He nodded at her tentative question, as though he would say it and then take it back, the thought made him frown momentarily before his happy look was back.

"She is belonging to you now forever, she is being a new friend and listening to all your troubles and fears and helping you work through them." He nodded again to cement the truth of his words, the number of times he had cried into Faith's mane since his mate's death, one of the reasons the man appeared so strong. He hugged her back and noticed for not the first time how tiny she was, the tips of her ears only just came up to his chest at their highest and he was struck with how much strength this seemingly fragile femme contained. He sighed inaudibly and wished he could be who she wanted and give her the love she needed and deserved. He was not blind and could see the feelings she held within herself for him.

But he could not change who he was, and as it stood he knew he could never feel that way about the burned woman. The gift he gave her in the form of the horse was him hoping she could move the lovey feelings she felt for him and change them into friendship love for the horse. He could see she was getting herself worked up again and moved forwards to pet the mare over Shiloh's head, taking his attention from the wolfess onto the horse in the hopes she could calm herself while being out from under the spotlight of his gaze, he also spoke to her,

"I can be teaching you to ride her and how to take care of her in case I am away anymore or you are away."
"No...I can....can't do...do that to you Le...Leon. I...I am no...not worth your ti...time," she breathed as he leaned over her. She turned under him and looked up at him. "You..can't..lo...love me. Ple...please just leave me. Than..thank you for the horse," she said as she started to cry and pushed him away. She hurt because she had honest feelings for the dark chocolate wolf but knew deep down he couldn't, wouldn't love her. She buried her face in Katelyn's fur, her pain and hurt written all over her body as she found comfort in the horse. She couldn't express how she felt to any one, knew there was no one for her to love. She would always be misunderstood and alone, never to be mated, never to find love or solace in anything but her horse and Mizu, who was physically unavailable.

She hugged Katelyn's neck as tears shook though her body and she started to go weak in the knees. She sat down next to the fence her horse was tied on to and buried her face in her burned arms. She knew she was hideous and grotesque and a monster and she had been foolish to think that someone like Leon could ever love her and understand her. She had been though so much and knew deep deep down this was her punishment for letting her family die, for not watching her brother. She already had the physical scars but the emotional ones made everything even more worse then before. She didn't hide how she felt from Leon or from anyone else that might happen to come by. She would never stop hurting.
ooc; omg fail

Her response sucked every bit of life out of the tentative happy feelings that had begun to form between them, and he pulled back from her easily as she pushed him away. His attempts to help her were only seeming to make her worse, for this he was ashamed of himself. He didn't have anything else that he could say to her and he didn't want to stand here and watch her fall apart. The only thing he could do was honor her words and leave her to herself even though he was reluctant to leave a crying and obviously upset woman. His ears pressed against his head and the male whined low in his throat.

"As you wish Shiloh" The man bowed his head and turned to walk away and leave her be slowly, giving her a chance to change her mind.
OCC: EPIC FAIL!!!!

"Leon wait!... Pl..please.. tel...tell me wh..why you can...can't love..me" she yelled at him. She rushed over to him and hugged him, her tears falling down her muzzle and into his fur. "Te..tell me...wh..why I have ne...never been go...good enough for you," she whimpered against his back. She wanted him and he knew it. She hurt so much and as she cried against him she started to feel weak again, her world tilting and swirling as her grip went slack and she stumbled back, reaching for Leon as she started to fall. "Le...on," she whimpered as she fell to the ground, her breathing way to fast, a fever setting into her body. She was getting sick again because of her emotions and no one could stop it.
ooc; Leon is going to be a bit harsh and give Shiloh a reason to look at someone else Tongue aka Saxif 2+

The man had stopped as she shouted after him and was beginning to turn around when the woman ploughed into him from behind. His large paws clenched into fists that they were back to this position again, he had thought they had moved passed it all onto better things, obviously he was wrong. He had told her before why he could not and would not love her or even try to feel that way about her. Now she was being selfish and it made him angry but he held it inside, the ever considerate giant, unwilling to give Shiloh any more cause to cry, shouting at her would get him no where.

He grabbed hold of her hand as she began to fall backwards towards the ground and gentle lowered her down to the floor so that she would not fall and hurt herself again, the man kneeled down next to her and when he spoke to her his voice was hard but he did not shout, his eyes glittering like diamonds.

"You must stop this now Shiloh, I have told you why, you know why. It is nothing to do with yourself, go and find someone else anyone else but me because you are not for me to love and I am not for you to love either, this I know and I am certain about. I love no woman in that way, nor shall I ever again. Not because I won't but because I can not, there is no room inside my heart." Leon placed his hand over his heart and looked at her sadly, he did feel horrible speaking to her in the way that he did but it was needed, she needed to get it into her head, Kailypso still burned strongly inside of his heart to the point where she pushed out all others that he may have become attached to in that way. In another universe with a different outcome, they may have come together and become one but in this one it was not to be.
Panic attack got worse. Shiloh has let Leon go...

Shiloh whined as she saw the world spin and Leon's words became muffled against the racing of her heart. "No...pleas..please don..dont hurt me. I..I was ju...just trying to he..help. Ge..get off me!," she yelled thrashing and accidently clawing Leon's chest. She was having a panic attack, one that left her shaking hard and gasping in pain as she couldn't catch her breath fast enough to breathe correctly. She tried to calm, find peace with Leon's face but his figure quickly turned in to that of her attacker and she tried to back away, tried to run thinking that Leon might attack her, might hurt her. She started to cry, lash out against a unseen person, her ears laid back as she mumbled and whimpered to herself. She was starting to see things, starting to see her attacker, her family, Anya. Everything was becoming a blur as Shiloh cried out and howled in a unseen pain. "Ple... please he... help me. Can... can't bre... breathe..." she gasped as her eyes rolled back and her body arched up as she tried to breathe.

It was Anya's soft words that love will be found in another that slowly calmed her enough to help her pass out. She knew deep down that Leon's heart would always be with his dead wife and that she would have to move on. She just lost her first crush and being as fragile as she was it hurt more then it should. Little did she know that love would find her and that she would be happy with what fate brought her. She went still and started to breathe a little easier.
2+

He could do nothing for her as she thrashed around in her self induced panic attack except look at her sadly and move away from her slightly. He winced as she caught his chest and released her hand but the wound was not deep nor wide so it was not worth looking at, a small trickle of his blood slowly made its way down from the cut. The man sighed and rested his head in his hand, brushing his paws back through the fur and then to grasp at his bangs that dangled down just above his eyes. He had no idea how to fix this. No idea how to help the woman before him and a longing to just leave. But his honor and his friendship ties and kinship to her kept him in place,

"Maldita sea Shiloh!" The man stood and began to pace back and forth agitatedly, his tail twitching violently and his ears pulled back. He was no medic and he knew of no medic apart from his brother's mate and he was not sure where she resided. It was a relief to him when the girl began to breathe normally again and showed signs of improving. He kneeled down next to her, a hand brushed her hair away from her face where it had been flung by the thrashing woman.

"Shiloh, open your eyes chicka. No one is going to hurt you j'adore." The man shifted back away from her so his face up close would not be the first thing she saw. Instead he untied the mare from the post and walked her into the stables so they she could begin to find her place within the herd here. Katelyn however was reluctant to leave Shiloh alone and refused to enter the stable door. The man swore to himself, he had one stubborn horse and one unconscious girl to deal with. He returned Katelyn to the post and sat cross legged a meter or so away from Shiloh, and instead simply watched over her.