Science vs Romance
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... erries.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:325px; border:1px #AD0B12 solid; font-size: 10px; line-height:12px;">

The first day in their new home seemed to elapse much too quickly, for as tired as her body was Nayru could not believe how much she had accomplished in one day. First she had shown the smoky boy, Pripyat Soul, the barn in Dahlia Valley where the animals could be housed. Then she surveyed the vineyards, some of the vines seemed unhappy and wilting at the move but the rest were taking root and Nayru was pleased with how well they and the other plants had faired. Where the borders were being lined with stones she had left her scent, marking clearly the land Ichika no Ho-en was calling home. And all the while she had been trying to coordinate, make sure everyone had all they could ask for. If her members were happy, she too was happy and so many of her efforts throughout the day had been to achieve that goal. Now the second night in the new home was beginning and Nayru lay awake, staring at the ceiling of the lodging in Gampo Abbey.

The past week her mind had been filled with nothing but thoughts of Ichika. There hadn't seemed time for anything else. Or if there had been, she had pushed it into a corner of her mind to be forgotten until later. There was only one thought she could not compartmentalize so well. Gideon kept drifting back to her, but as well trained as the tiny warrior was she showed no signs of the invading thought. Her ruby eyes had not wandered to Gideon more than they had to anyone else, and this perhaps was one reason she could not stop thinking of it. The ivory and ebony woman had left him unanswered, from nearly three weeks before. The words kept crawling over her as she tried to understand them completely.

I'm not okay, Nayru. I won't be until you are by my side. The words had been kind, but Gideon had pulled away from her. Had not wanted her to touch him? And why? The distance between them plagued her and no matter how she tried to chase away the thoughts and find sleep, it would not come. Finally she rose and tip toed out, and leaving the Abbey behind she could head the snoring sounds as Razekiel slumbered. That she was in the Abbey with him seemed right, as far as Ichika no Ho-en was concerned, but that she was apart from Gideon seemed wrong. Very wrong and inexcusable. Nayru could barely move quick enough, eager to correct this oversight.

Down the mountain slopes Nayru moved, picking her way with ease. Already the best trails and pathways seemed known to her. She moved in the direction of Trenton, knowing only vaguely where Gideon had planned to locate his family. The tracking skills she rarely put to use now were as sharp as ever, and it took the girl very little time to find the quaint home that Gideon and the children slept inside. Like a wraith Nayru eased herself into the house, tiny feet taking tiny steps and making virtually no noise. Her coal nose twitched as she checked each room and finally found the one she sought. Taking a deep breath she placed her hand on the knob of the door and opened it.

Whether the boy she knew so well had awakened at the door creaking open or if he slept still she was uncertain, and for as unshakable as the girl normally was she was uncertain as she lowered herself beside the man. Almost like a lonely, scared child in an unfamiliar bedroom, running to her best friend for comfort. Still he did not move and with cat like movements one slender ivory hand found the large, ebony hand of Gideon. Lacing the fingers together she buried her face into the back of his neck, her quiet voice muffled into his fur. "Gideon. I want to be here with you."

[/html]
[html]

Me and Honey are discussing the possibility of them all living in an apartment building? :o

He had slept beside Saul and his family that first night, but had managed to find a house to sleep in for the second night. His brother had found an apartment building that he had mentioned wanting to move into, and the male would check that out in the morning; there was something appealing to him about living in the same place as some of his family. It was how he had grown up and how he enjoyed living...close to others but not too close. Apparently the apartment building had separate rooms and two floors, from what his brother had said...and because the apartments were all inside of it and weren't out in the open like most houses, the damages were pretty minimal.

He normally fell asleep and woke up with the same thought on his mind, but tonight his mind had been blissfully blank. Gideon had hung onto the idea of he and Nayru being together for such a long time that he was having trouble letting go of it and admitting to himself that she didn't feel the same way. He would still be friends with her, still always be there for her as he always had been. But his heart would never be the same. He didn't mind change, usually, and was even enjoying the move and the new landscape of this place. But some changes weren't as welcomed. She hadn't answered him and it had been weeks...she was clearly not interested.

The large male snoozed on a large, king-sized bed that sat in the corner of one of the rooms. He'd found this bed to be particularly comfortable and had offered it to Melee and Range before taking it for himself. The pups had found their own rooms; Melee had discovered a very girly, pastel room and Range a more mildly colored one to spend the night in. He'd told them of the apartment building and that he wanted to go and see it in the morning, after a good night's sleep. They were usually gone when he woke up, anyway.

His eyes remained closed as he dozed, unaware that Nayru had entered the house much less the room that he slept in. He was having a rather nice dream about the black and white leader. In it they were still young, just pups, playing in a large field of flowers. Her movement on the bed made his eyes creak open slightly, brow furrowing as he took a large breath of air in, resettling. What was it that had awoken him? The sight of the hand that came over him to take his own made his eyes open completely. It felt surreal, that he would just have been dreaming about her..and here she was?

He kept his eyes open, heart beginning to beat frantically. Was he still in a dream? His mind was fuzzy and confused as he began to wake up a little more, adrenaline pumping through him. He recognized her arm and her hand, her scent as it drifted over him to settle like a blanket. She had come here to sleep? He wasn't sure what to do with himself, if he ought to let her know that he was awake or not. Her words reached his ears as she fit herself against his larger form from behind and he decided to make his state known, not rolling over but moving only one thing; his thumb. He ran it slowly along her first finger, voice raspy as he responded. "I'd almost given up. I was going to try to stay...friends, I guess. But that's not what I really wanted."

<style>
.giddeongrass .ooc {font-style:italic; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:400px; margin:0px auto;}
.giddeongrass p {padding:5px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.giddeongrass b {font-weight:bold;}
.giddeongrass { background-color:#33541B; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/WAUyO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; }
.giddeongrass .inner {margin:110px 10px 20px 10px; padding:10px; background-color:#fff; background-repeat:repeat; background-position: top center; -moz-opacity: 0.7; opacity: 0.5; filter: alpha(opacity=40); border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... erries.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; width:325px; border:1px #AD0B12 solid; font-size: 10px; line-height:12px;">

For a long moment Nayru worried that Gideon was still unconscious, that her words had been wasted on a sleeping man. Yet then there was a movement, the slightest response to her body pressed up against his, but it was more than enough. The energy she felt as he rubbed his thumb over her finger was exhilarating and any doubts she had had about waking him were vanquished. Gideon's voice was cracked with sleep, and he did not turn to face her. But he did have to. Nayru was content to be next to him, because she had always felt most comfortable there. Safe and solid and perfectly content—as it had been ever since childhood. Gideon was the one solid figure that had come and gone, or simply just gone as many of them had. That she had even considered staying apart from him in their new home lands seemed absurd now that she was laying next to him in the over sized bed.

Nayru almost flinched when the ebony man said he had almost given up. How long had he been waiting? Since a few weeks prior when he had vocalized his feelings or long before? And how much longer? Nayru couldn’t pinpoint when their relationship had changed, and even now she was sure it was still changing. Still evolving. It didn't happen like a switch, one day childhood friends the next lovers. No, Nayru was sure it was more gradual. Or maybe it had been meant to be all along and they had simply been too young to realize it. So rarely was the girl at a loss for words but now was one of those times. If Gideon had given up, where would they be now? How long would they have stayed friends, could they have? Of course Nayru would have, but when emotions ran high it was sometimes hard to maintain the status quo.

Nayru flexed her fingers, squeezing the palm of Gideon. Breathing out heavily she pushed herself closer to him, as if getting closer were possible. Finally her soft voice came, but still it was muffled against the thick fur of Gideon and whether he heard or not it didn't really matter. "I'm sorry it took me so long. I'm here now."

[/html]
[html]

He couldn’t fault her for not immediately understanding what he had meant that day. He had been feeling this way for such a long time that it had hurt when she hadn’t understood it at first. Now that some time had passed and he had really thought about it, though, he had realized that he was as much to blame in the situation as anyone else. He hadn’t made himself crystal clear that day and had given her a lot to think about and take in at a time when she had been extremely busy and should have been focusing on other things.

Gideon pulled away slightly, only leaving her for a few seconds as he rolled over to face her now. He wanted to look into her eyes and see if he could discern her feelings; she had said that she was here now. What did that mean, exactly? He would explain himself a little better...to be very clear. ”I should have been more clear when I spoke to you, Nayru. What I meant to say…but didn’t have the courage to say..was that I think I am in love with you. I have been for a very long time…I just didn’t know what it was. I guess I was trying to figure out if you felt anything at all toward me other than friendship that day. But..you do?”

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:400px; margin:0px auto;}
.giddeongrass { background-color:#33541B; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/WAUyO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; }.giddeongrass .inner {margin:110px 10px 20px 10px; padding:10px; background-color:#fff; background-repeat:repeat; background-position: top center; -moz-opacity: 0.7; opacity: 0.5; filter: alpha(opacity=40); border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Nayru felt Gideon pull away and it seemed he moved more than just his body. All at once she missed his warmth, the contact of his body against her's—feeling as if they were touching physically they had to be connection mentally. Or not. The words that came from Gideon surprised Nayru, but merely she stared at him in the dark, her ruby eyes trying to discern his face as best as they might. The words from Gideon were a plea for clarity, something that they seemed to be missing just then, or at least before. To continue to exist in that hazy relationship was no longer an option, yet Nayru had already come to that conclusion before.

"Gideon. I love you." The slow melodic voice—a perpetual lullaby—was clear and solid, more present than it seemed many other times Nayru spoke. And yet she didn’t say anymore, because after that the girl didn't know where to go. All she knew was that to be away from Gideon made her unhappy and lack; and she knew that to be near him made her feel whole and jovial. Slowly she closed the gap between them again and took up his hand, finding his eyes and giving him a silent plea not to detach from her again, hoping that her actions were clear enough just then.

[/html]
[html]

"You're the one for me, Nayru. The only one." He wanted to be sure that she knew that, as well. Gideon wanted to stand up and take her into his arms and swing her about in joy and excitement, but perhaps not was not the time for that. Throughout their talk they had remained virtually un-moving except for a few small gestures. A touch here, a rub there. She took his hand once more and his heart lept. He moved into her, squeezing her hand before letting it loose so that his own could travel down the curve of her back to hold her even more tightly into him.

"Just stay here with me..forever" His nose met the fur of her neck and he took a deep breath in. Her scent was as amazing as usual, filling his nostrils and bringing a smile to his muzzle. If this was a dream, he never wanted to wake up. He lay still for a few moments, simply breathing and taking in the moment before choosing to move once more. His tongue came out to lick gently and slowly at her jawline, fingers making small circles on her back.

<style>
.giddeongrass { background-color:#33541B; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/WAUyO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; }.giddeongrass .inner {margin:110px 10px 20px 10px; padding:10px; background-color:#fff; background-repeat:repeat; background-position: top center; -moz-opacity: 0.7; opacity: 0.5; filter: alpha(opacity=40); border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

His words rushed at her, filling the gap between them and bouncing between their bodies with its undeniable energy and meaning. She savored them for what they were: confessions of feelings they had both been developing but had hardly been aware of. That they were true she did not question, Nayru knew the moment they were spoken they were genuine but the girl did not need the reassurance. Even when they were apart Nayru had never questioned Gideon's loyalty to her, whether it been in friendship or love. He was her rock. He always had been. Always would be.

As the man pulled her tiny body into him, Nayru let herself melt against his touch. For all the careful control Nayru normally kept herself under, the woman let herself turn into putty in the large ebony hands, pliable and conforming. She moved where he moved her and was content to be there. As he buried his nose into her silky fur, she did the same, digging the tip of her nose into the top of his head. The smell was familiar and yet she tried to inhale as much of it as possible, hoping that it would saturate her brain and stay there long after the man and her parted ways whenever that time came. His lifted his muzzle then and found her's, and she accepted the affection and returned it gentle enthusiasm, deadly fangs chewing softly along his lower jaw.

Then she lowered her head, leaning in against his chest, face hidden from the man. For a long time she stayed silent as his fingers danced slow circles on her back--electric energy that was completely foreign but pleasurable to the petite lady. Arms wrapped around his body, she spoke muffled into his fur once more. "Beyond forever Gideon." What was forever and could anyone last that long? "Beyond forever." If anyone could, surely it was they two.

[/html]
[html]

He had never experienced anything like this before, though he'd seen other pairs who were coupled together. Saluce and Layla's mateship had been an odd one...that had ended with the female living with Gideon for a few months before leaving the area altogether. He had wanted to help her, to take care of her like she had him as a pup...but he couldn't care for her in the way that she needed, in the way that Saluce had. That was how he saw things, anyway. Gideon's mind had always been on the black and white female, even with another living and sleeping in the same place that he had been. Layla had always just been a friend to him.

That example of a relationship was a bad one to go on. Conor and Bris had been together...but they hadn't been very public about much and it now left the dark male without an idea of how such an arrangement worked. He and Nayru wanted to be together and spend more time together...they would live together, then. Then they'd see each other much more often. "You should live with me. Saul and I are going to be looking at an apartment building in the morning...we'd be separate, but each of us could have our own space. And you and I could have our own."His voice said softly.

"I want you to be my mate, Nayru...but I haven't seen many mateships that have worked out. I just know that us being together is a good thing that makes me happy..and I don't ever want it to end" He said, speaking his thoughts aloud. Gideon had been wondering about such things for a good long time...but he still hadn't figured much of it out. They could figure it out together.

<style>
.giddeongrass { background-color:#33541B; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/WAUyO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; }
.giddeongrass .inner {margin:110px 10px 20px 10px; padding:10px; background-color:#fff; background-repeat:repeat; background-position: top center; -moz-opacity: 0.7; opacity: 0.5; filter: alpha(opacity=40); border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Close up here and make a mateship thread soon for peoples to celebrate?

As the tiny girl clung to Gideon, the boy's gentle voice washed over them both. The raven colored man had far more words than Nayru could find for herself, but always she had been a quiet creature—present but not obviously so. The black and white woman was content to just let herself melt into Gideon, allowing him to do the thinking out loud for the both of them. He spoke of them living together. He spoke of an official mateship. It all seemed fine and right to her, but already before he even spoke these thoughts out loud she had been sure of it all. Nayru had not said it explicitly but these were the things she wished for when she had crawled into his bed moments before.

Nayru let the words soak in long before she gave any sort of reply. Finally she raised her head up from his chest where it still lay resting. Crimson eyes could hardly find his face in the dark but the dull shine of his turquoise eyes helped her to locate the tip of his nose for a gentle nip. Okay. And then she lowered her head again. Okay. It was okay with her if they lived with Saul and the others. It was more than okay if they were mates. Everything seemed okay as she laid in his arms, even if it hadn’t been moments before everything was okay now. Knowing that it was all okay Nayru let her eyes close and in moments was asleep.

[/html]