In Search Of...
[html]

My first try at starting an AW thread.

Temo Wolfe

Temo stood atop a hill and surveyed his surroundings. He had been wandering and exploring the new lands. Not only to see what was out here, but also to search for items that may be of use in building a new home. That is, if Jace does decide to stay. Given her current state of mind, he was not sure if they would be or not. Even if they do leave, the stuff he has found can be used by others, he figured, so his time will not be a total loss.

As he looked around at the surrounding countryside, he worried about Jace. He hoped she would get out of her funk soon. The landscape was beautiful and he thought that she would like it once she broke the bad mood she was in. Plus there was lots to explore and places to poke around in.

He looked down at his makeshift bag that he had made from an animal skin. It already contained a couple of items that he had found. He was trying to make the best of the move. He had hoped that doing some exploring might put him in a better mood about the sudden uprooting of the pack. Maybe it would help Jace with her mood if he was in a better one.

Temo looked up at the landscape once again and surveyed it. He spied a roof of an old human habitation showing through the trees. He scooped up his bag by the strap and slung it over his shoulder. With a final glance around him, he picked his way through the forest as he went down the hill towards his next ransacking victim.

Temo "Talks" Thinks Walks

Table lovingly created by Kaena Lykoi

<style>
.temo-b012 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.temo-b012 b {color:#171F34;}
.temo-b012-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.temo-b012-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#192A57; text-shadow:#081127 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.temo-b012-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/temo.png); height:134px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#171F34;}
.temo-b012-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.temo-b012 {background-color:#A2AECC; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #171F34; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3D455B; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
.freebie2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ea3657; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.freebie2 p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 25px 10px 25px;margin:0px;}
.freebie2 {width:400px;border:1px solid #ea3657;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... eebie2.png);background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:135px;background-color:#050235;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#5585ec;}
</style>

The Chen-tao was making very short work of becoming familiar with these new pack lands. This new place seemed to lack boundaries, something that was both heady and strange to the young wolfess. The cream colored girl hardly knew what to expect, as new as she was to having responsibilities within the pack, but she was ready to rise to the occasion. She had moved here with Pripyat with the intention of making this her home, and she would do what was necessary to make that happen.

There was so much about Ichika that fascinated her; the range of different landscapes alone was enough to keep her busy. The girl was glad that they had claimed part of a coastal land because she loved the beach and the sea. But there was also a mountain range she had yet to explore, a wooded area, and old human ruins as well. At least the landscape was absolutely beautiful and she could pass the time exploring this new place.

The golden eyed girl was near an old human dwelling when she caught a half familiar scent. She had not really met many wolves when she had been part of the Valley pack, but she knew this scent to belong to such a creature. Soon enough, the male came into view, with an animal hide bag slung over his shoulder. "Hi!" she called out, approaching him openly, "Did you live in Phoenix Valley?" she inquired.

[/html]
[html]

Temo Wolfe

As he proceeded to his next quarry, he listened to the noises of the forest. The gentle wind in the tree tops and birds singing their songs and the chipmunks chattering as they bounded from tree to tree. Temo liked summer, everything was alive during the summer. And he was using the time not only to research the area, also to try and help bring himself into a better mood about the whole pack move and stuff.

He saw movement near the dwelling that he was headed too and wondered who and which originating pack they were from. Then a sudden thought came to him. What if they were not from the pack, but a loner that had homesteaded in the area. They might not be happy to have a pack moving in.

He breathed a silent sigh of relief that this was not the case when the other stepped out and started talking. By her question, he figured she had been with one of the former packs. "Hello, I'm Temo, and yes, I lived in Phoenix Valley." he greeted and answered the young female. "Which are you from?" he asked her and said, "I had not met everyone from Phoenix Valley yet and here I am with another pack added in."

<style>
.temo-b012-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#192A57; text-shadow:#081127 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.temo-b012-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/temo.png); height:134px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#171F34;}
.temo-b012-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.temo-b012 {background-color:#A2AECC; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #171F34; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3D455B; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">
.freebie2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ea3657; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.freebie2 p {text-indent:25px;padding:5px 25px 10px 25px;margin:0px;}
.freebie2 {width:400px;border:1px solid #ea3657;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... eebie2.png);background-position:top center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:135px;background-color:#050235;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:georgia, serif;font-size:11px;line-height:12px;color:#5585ec;}
</style>

Temo answered Arye quickly, letting her know that her sense of smell and identification had not deceived her. She felt a small glimmer of pride at the fact that she possessed some of the skills necessary to carry out the duties of a chen-tao. She was rising to the challenge of being an adult within this pack, taking her responsibilities seriously, and trying to contribute to the best of her abilities. She did not harbor the fear that she would disappoint anyone, but she still felt that this was something new to her. She had never even had her own permanent home as in a structure or a den where she always slept. She was trying to put down roots, and it was a completely new concept for her.

"I lived in Phoenix Valley," Arye said. "I wasn't there long. Just a few weeks, so I hadn't met a lot of people either. Pripyat invited me to stay, and his dad let me stay." Was that part of their lives really over? Arye did not think she would miss it exactly. A piece of land had never really meant very much to her. "I'm glad that Pripyat came with me to Ichika.That's why I decided to come, you know?" Arye said further. Or maybe Temo wouldn't know Pripyat at all. "My name is Arye," she added belatedly, offering a smile.

"Did you come here with anyone?" Arye asked curiously. It seemed that everyone had some friend or family member to lean on during this time. When her honey colored eyes had taken in the Dahlian-Valley caravan coming here to Ichika, she had noticed that groups seemed to stick together. She could vaguely remember seeing Temo walking and holding hands with another, but she couldn't be sure.

[/html]
[html]

gha, I get more failsause with each post.

Temo Wolfe

Temo pondered a few moments, then spoke, "Good to meet you, Arye. I came with my mate Jace and joined Phoenix Valley just in time for a bad snowstorm a few months ago. Between that, the aftermath, and other issues," a haunted look flashed through his eyes, "I never got around to meeting and getting to know the whole pack, only a few, and Pripyat was not one."

He wondered what Jace was up too and how she was coping with the whole situation. He wondered what she was doing at the moment. Sadness coursed through him but other than his eyes, he did not show it. He did not want to trouble others with his and Jace's feelings about the move.

Temo glances towards the human habitation and sighed. "I am trying to make the best of the situation and exploring and searching. Hopefully, I can find stuff that would be useful for helping getting Jace and I, as well as any one else settled. Temo's gaze returns to Arye, "How are you doing with the change?" He asked.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
All Welcome!

Arye appreciated how candidly Temo answered her. It was easier than she thought to get to know the others, from Phoenix Valley or otherwise. She wasn't afraid of interaction, but she had definitely given herself a handicap in that area. At least now she would be able to remedy it She had not encountered very much difficulty in communicating with others yet, although it seemed that Dahlians and Valleymen were largely unhappy with the move to Ichika.

"The place doesn't matter to me so much as having my friend here," the young cream colored girl explained. "I don't dislike it here. It is different than Phoenix Valley, but it still has beaches and places to live, and places to hunt. I have what I need." It was that simple to the Cybelle lady. Moving on from Phoenix Valley hadn't been a hardship for her, though. She had fond memories of the place, but she hadn't put much stock in it either. The ghosts of her memories didn't stay rooted there. She carried all the good times in her heart and was determined to move on with her life.

"I hope that Jace will like it here. I think that this can be a good place," the Chen-tao intoned with a hopeful and encouraging smile. "I think that the biggest change to deal with is having Nayru and Razekiel as leaders, but they seem good and fair, and that's always a good place to start." The Ryus had outlined some lofty ideals to live by, but they seemed agree to the cream colored girl.

<style>
.aryemorningooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.aryemorning p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.aryemorning b {color:#fff; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #1C2019; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.aryemorning {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#455438; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:465px;}
.aryemorninginner{background-color:#9DAF90; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... etable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:100px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #5A6852; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Temo Wolfe

Temo was hoping that if he made an effort and opened up to others some, maybe he could make friends. This was something Jace had mentioned to him on numerous times to him, that he needed to meet everyone and make friends. It was his nature to go off alone and do stuff alone. He always tried to figure out how to do something by himself rather than find help. During the trek to the new pack lands, he had thought maybe with the merge and move, he could also turn over a new leaf and try to be more outgoing and make friends.

Temo glances around them, "It is different around here, from what I can see, but then I did not get around much in Phoenix Valley." His gaze settled back to the cream colored wolfess, "I am going to try and get around the whole area, this time and be a more productive pack member." Some sadness flashes behind his black eyes as his thoughts returned to Jace. "If we do not decide to go."

With a quiet sigh, Temo looked down at his bag, pondering the few items he had found. His thoughts about Phoenix Valley and the various happenings that had happened. "With a new pack and a new pack land to live in and explore, maybe we can leave the ghosts of the past to haunt alone the lands of Phoenix Valley where they had risen." He said in a quiet and subdued voice.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
All Welcome!

The sadness in Temo's voice was almost palpable, tangible to the cream colored Chen-tao. She could not conceive of feeling that sad, speaking of ghosts who might rise up to haunt them. Her life had been short compared to so many others' lives, and she was blessed that her only sorrows were muted things buzzing in the back of her mind from time to time. Arye did not make it a habit of looking back. She always worked to look forward and find the gifts that lay beyond every new horizon. It was not because she was merely trying to survive, but because she wanted to make the most of this life.

"I think this place will have a lot to offer you, Temo," Arye said with a hopeful smile, trying to dispel some of the male's sadness. "If you need help finding anything, I am going to be doing a lot of exploring and scouting in the next few days. I can help you, or if you want to learn more, you can always come with me." She thought more than anything that Temo Wolfe might just need a friend. Although it was obvious that Jace was a strong presence in his life, Temo felt that he needed to shoulder the burden of her happiness, and so he was not taking care of his own. Maybe Arye could help both of them. Although they had not met in Phoenix Valley, Arye felt no less bonded to the pair.

<style>
.aryemorning b {color:#fff; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #1C2019; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.aryemorning {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#455438; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:465px;}
.aryemorninginner{background-color:#9DAF90; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... etable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:100px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #5A6852; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

LOL. I finally got around to reading up on my rank, and it seems I am to help you look for supplies and stuff when needed. Poor Temo is so clueless at times.

Temo Wolfe

Temo should not be sad in this time of rebirth. A new pack, a new beginning, should be a happy time and it is for others. He realizes this when he sees the cream wolfess smile. His sadness, his problems, they were his, not hers. He needed to learn to contain his emotions better, not let them show and bring down others when they are happy. I really need to keep my problems to myself, he thought to himself.

He glances around at their surroundings as he buries his sadness and a bit of a smile shows. "Yes, there is a lot that this area has to offer us and the pack." Temo responds as he thinks about some of the places he had already gone through and the things he had found. "Sounds like a good idea, two sets of eyes are better than one. I also have been exploring and have found a couple of things so far. One that has been helping me explore the unknown area." He said as he carefully pulls out a folded piece of paper that was torn and ripped. The edges brown with age and rot. Colored lines crisscrossing all over it.

What he has in his hands as he unfolds it with a delicate touch was a section of an old human road map. Some small, brown flakes float down to the ground from the edges. What it showed was the roads and a number of buildings in a section of New Glasgow. "This looks like a promising area to explore. I want to explore these buildings and possibly the buildings around them." He said as he uses a claw to carefully point to several colored squares on the map. "These look to be the most promising for finding old tools and other stuff that might be useful."

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
short post is short.

Temo seemed lost in thought. Arye found herself not exactly uncomfortable, but a touch unsure of what to do with herself. She was usually exuberant and confident, but she wished that she could find a way to help Temo Wolfe to be comfortable and happy here in Ichika. However, within a few frames, he seemed to exude some hopefulness, cataloging all of the things that this new land had to offer.

"I'd love to go exploring with you," the cream colored girl chimed in, glad that he was able to find himself on a positive note. "There are quite a few new areas - a forest, some old towns. I think a beach too." She didn't know what Temo was used to or what he might enjoy, but what she liked best about Ichika was that there seemed to be a little bit of everything.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Others are welcome to join in anytime. Smile

Temo Wolfe

Temo looks up at the cream colored female, her enthusiasm starting to infect him. Looking back down at his hands, he delicately folded up and put away between the pages of a book, his fragment of a map. His thoughts were empty for the moment while he put the book into his bag with some other items he carried around with him.

He looked around at the various houses that are around them and ponders over what he had been doing for the last few days. Mostly just going around and looking through various buildings for whatever looked salvageable. His eyes returned to the cream colored female standing before him waiting patiently for him to respond. "You know, I have not been to the beach in ages. Plus I could use a short break from these..." his voice trails off as his hand swept around him a bit indicating the various buildings that were around them.

<style>
</style>[/html]
Lets wrap this up and start an AW thread soon with an informal pack trip to the beach! Big Grin PM me if you want to do this.

Arye was glad to see a turn around in Temo's attitude. She wanted him to be able to adapt and enjoy his life here with his mate. Would they want to start a family here? She wondered if she would ever have her own family. It wasn't something that she contemplated often. Since she was still young, she had plenty of time for that. And she had hardly known her parents. But she felt that maybe one day, she might want to have children of her own.

"Let's definitely go to the beach!" the cream colored girl exclaimed. "Now or later?' She knew that Temo might have some things to do. It was obvious to the girl that Temo had been busy before they started to talk. He had been scouting these buildings. Maybe he and Jace still needed a lot of things before they could get settled.
[html]

Ok, we can finish this thread. And yes, we can do a pack thread trip to the beach. Maybe after the festival thread is done.

Temo Wolfe

Temo was lost in thought for a few moments as he looked out over the buildings and trees. The shadows were starting to get long and the sky seemed to be darker then it was earlier. He looks off to the west to see the sun getting low and trying to reach them through the tree tops. The birds had begun singing their evening songs signalling that it would be dark before long.

After some thought, Temo decided that later would be best for a trip to the beach. Maybe Jace would come with them, and others. He turned back to Arye and said "It is getting late, a trip to the beach will have to wait for another day. I should get back to Jace and I am sure you have family to get back to, too."

<style>
</style>[/html]