Darkness and lone nights
Assume Rain is always in optime form unless typed other wise. WC:846 Smile

"Warum ich? "(why me?) said Rain out loud as he pitched his tent near one of the streams he had been following. He had yet to meet another wolf in this god forsaken forrest. It was always dark here and if it wasn't for the little bits of sun that peeked though the foliage he wouldn't be able to tell if it was day or night. He had made a torch out of a fallen tree limb with a small hole in the top just deep enough to put some kindling in. He used the small piece of flint he always carried with him and a fire stone (pyrite) to light the kindling. He had hunted some time before and had carved out one of the ox horns to hold embers so he could always start a fire. He wore the horn along with a bag his mother had given him on the ship to hold his caving tools, flint, and pyrite. As he set up his tent that consisted of the ox fur that was cured and made soft with the fat that he had worked into it. It was used to be one of the trades his father had taught him and after working the fat into the ox fur he would hang it out to dry to make it supple and easy to use. All together he had made a tent, a sleeping fur, a water bag and a dried meat bag out of one ox along with his ember horn, all of which his father taught him to make.

So far he had a sleeping fur also made from ox fur and a tent fur which he carried rolled up and tied on his back with his bow and arrows, another trade his father had taught him. The tent was almost water proof and as he laid it over a thick branch he let his feelings go. He was tired of being alone, and longed for his sisters company, or any company for that matter. Just as he was putting the rocks he found after a small search in the stream, down to hold the fur he noticed something brown floating down the stream, its small brown body struggling to get to shore. Rain put his stuff down and quickly went to the helpless animal and picked its small, cold body out of the stream. It was only then did he notice it was a baby mink. It looked like it was only a months old but had a small but deep wound on its back left hind leg. It looked like a fox bite and as Rain took the shivering mink back to his tent he noticed it curled closer to him for warmth despite its slightly fatty feeling body.

After a few moments of checking to see if it was a male or female and rendering it as a female he took laid the small terrified animal down on his sleeping fur and got out some dried ox meat he had had left over from the ox he had killed and skinned so he could eat and enjoy. He started his fire close to his tent and after eating decided to check on the small animal. It was scared of him but after a few minutes of coaxing it closer with some of the left over dried meat and he was able to pick her up and check on her leg. It had stopped bleeding and he reached for his carving back that also doubled as a herb and tea leaf bag. His mother had taught him how to make herbal mixes that healed wounds and stopped pain. He had a small carved bowl in his bag he had made in Berlin and while the minx curled up in his lap to sleep, put some of the herbs he had found while he walked though the forest in the bowl with some water to make a paste. After taking one of the duller rocks off the side of his tent, he started crushing and mixing the herbs into a small paste to put in the minx's leg. He ripped a small piece of fur off his sleeping fur and wrapped it around the minxes leg. It squirmed at first but after some softly spoken words in German it calmed and let him put the paste and wrapping on her.

"Sehe, du bist ok Anke," (see your ok Anke or Grace) he whispered to the minx as she curled in his hands. She was cute with mahogany fur and white paws. She had soft black eyes that seemed to understand what he was saying. He laid down and and watched as Anke moved from where he had put her down to the crook of his neck, next to his head. He smiled and pulled her up on to her chest and petting her softly. "Ich wünschte, ich könnte andere finden?" (why can't I find others like me?) he asked the minx softly as a tear slid down his face.
[html]
Aww, I feel bad for Rain :/

Rio was somewhere she wasn’t familiar with. There was a lot she wasn’t familiar with here, even though she had only left for a short while. Well, a year was kind of a long time. She was alert and watching as she made it through the trees. She kept her eyes up and forward, rather than looking down. And that was a mistake. She hadn’t noticed the stream’s bank so close to where she was walking, and fell in. The cold water woke her up quickly, and she struggled around in the shallow water before she could right herself.

Finally, she sat on her rear in the water managing to get out of her frazzled position with only a little water in her nose and ears. She snorted, but it didn’t help get the feeling out of her nose. She gave up, and stood where she was. The water was only up to her thighs, but it was enough to drown in if one couldn’t get themselves right. Her fur was sopping wet and heavy now. She trudged out of the water onto the opposite bank. She sat on the ground for a moment while brushing her wet hair back with her hands. She wrung out what she could of the water, and shook. Then she stood and kept walking aimlessly to the next place.

Finally, she spotted a fire. This made her pace quicken, and she rushed toward the warmth. Maybe the person just left it there and gone. Forest fires. She didn’t like the idea of that, but she was now here to tend it. As she neared it, she noticed a tent nearby. She stopped as she came closer and called out, ”Hello?” She didn’t want to trespass anymore than she needed to. She was already too close for comfort, but she wanted warmth.

Word Count: 307

table by alli
[/html]
OCCBig Grinelete the last post please Smile

Woken by a splash close by Rain woke with a start. His minx had yipped in pain as he sat up, catching her before she hurt herself more. "Shhhh Anke. Du bist ok," he whispered to the minx getting her to calm down. He lay back down and cuddled the minx, giving it some cold ox soup from the night before. She ate fast and was quick to lay back down with him. He was starting to fall asleep again when he noticed a shadow looking figure by the his fire. He blinked as if the figure wasn't real but it was and it was still there. And then he heard a voice, shaky as if it were freezing. He put Anke down in her fur and made sure she stayed before standing.

"Hallo? Wer ist da?... Er... Hello? Who goes der?" he asked standing and walking over the the black figure. He was shocked to see it was another like him. After a quick look he noticed that the dark figure was a she and she was shivering. He grabbed his sleeping fur and wrapped it fur side down around her. He then goes and sits back down and pulls the minx kit to him, staring at the woman with interest. Who was she? Why was she here in this forest and why was she wet? He was intrigued by her, and wondered if she was going to stay with him. He really needed someone to talk to. "Um..plaze sit. I have som food if you will like," he said with a smile hoping she would sit and get to know him. "My name is Regen, whout is ihren namen?" he attempted to ask her as he continued to watch her
[html]

Ooc.

Rio was almost startled as the other came out of his tent. He immediately saw how cold she was and wrapped a fur around her. She hugged it tight and took a seat on a tree stump at a good distance from the fire. He looked decent, so she wasn’t nervous. The only one she had to be nervous about was her brother, and her messed up family. She sat on the stump, rocking back and forth, wrapping the fur tightly around her for warmth. Her shivering slowly died down, but it was still there.

”T-thank you. S-sorry to wake you,” She stuttered when the shivers came. She wasn’t sure if he could understand her. His voice sounded a bit foreign to her, and when he asked her for her name she couldn’t understand him, but she heard something in there that sounded like ‘name,’ ”What? Oh, uh, Rio.” Last names didn’t matter anymore. He didn’t look like he would know who she was even if she told him her last name.

”Food? Uh, sure.” She was hungry, but she didn’t want to take everything from the stranger named Regen. He offered it, though, so she took it. As the shivering subsided, she became more in the mood for talk and asked, ”What are you doing out here?” He could ask her the same. She was just exploring, and became a little out of reach from her mother’s lands. She hoped she would be able to get back before Mom gave birth. She smiled to herself thinking of how her mother is still popping out puppies. No wonder her family was so big. She hoped to be like that someday, to contribute to their already big family. She got lost in her own thoughts imagining her kids with an unknown stranger. Her eyes stared into the fire, and she got lost in her own thoughts.

Word Count → 315

Points → 3

Image courtesy of 36821100@N04@Flickr.

<style>
.rio-suntree .padded {width:280px;height:215px; float:left; }
.rio-suntree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; }
.rio-suntree p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.rio-suntree b {color:#F2BBBA; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.rio-suntree {background-color:#6B3534; border:1px solid #F2BBBA; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2F1111; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding:140px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/YCdfY.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
Slight PP tell me if you want it changed. Sorry for taking so long to answer back

Rain looked down before answering. "I'm looking for others like mir...me," he tried to say as he watched the black woman closely. She was beautiful and as he spooned out some deer meat and wild onion soup that he had left on the fire from the night before into a bowl for her, he couldn't surpress a smile for her. he handed her one of his wooden bowls and a wooden spoon for her to eat with. She was still shivering and as he stepped closer to her, he hoped she didn't fear him. "Hier is som Suppe. it wird help with da cold, um shivers," he said as he held out the bowl and spoon for her to take as Anke started to whine.

He put the bowl and spoon down on the stump next to her and went over to the mink kit and held it close. "Shhh Kleine, ich bin für Sie da..." he whispered softly to the mink kit as he rocked it and hummed a German lullaby to it. It wasn't long before the kit was asleep again and he looked up at the woman who was with him. "Rio right? Why are du doing aus here?" he questioned hoping she understood him. He knew his english was bad but she had answered him before and he hoped she didn't get frustrated with him because of it. He had been so long without company that having her here made him happy and curious about others like her. He missed being around others like him and wanted her company as long as she was willing to give it to him
[html]

’Regen’ because she doesn’t know what it translates to =0

As Regen began speaking, it broke Rio’s concentration. She grabbed the soup off the stump next to her and began to eat. The warmness sliding down her throat definitely helped with the coldness of her body. She felt better with every bite. ”If you want to find more like you, you should scope around the pack lands… But not too close.” It was easier to find others like yourself when you’ve traveled near lands that housed people like you.

Soon enough, Rio was finished with her soup. She placed the bowl back on the stump next to her, and the spoon, and looked forward toward the male. ”I wouldn’t really know what pack to refer you to, since #1 I don’t really know you and #2 I’ve just come to these lands myself. But I’ll look out for you, if you’d like. I’m sure I’ll see you again.” Her fur began to dry thanks to the heat of the fire. A small cry brought her attention to a small fluff ball in the tent. It looked like a cub of some sort. She watched as he grabbed it, and cradled it in his arms. Very cute. She smiled at the sight of the two.

Soon the cub was asleep again, and he questioned her. His accent was very…heavy. He was almost impossible to understand, but good thing she had a little experience with accents. ”Yes,” she said toward her name, then elaborated, “I was just exploring. I’m trying to remember the lands a little better from the last time I was here, but everything has changed so much. It’s crazy to think so much has changed in a year.” A year was all the time she was away, and when she came back she had been lost many times. Was it her fault for forgetting or the fact that everything did change? ”How long have you been in these lands for?”

Word Count → 321

Points → 3

<style>
.rio-suntree b {color:#F2BBBA; letter-spacing:0px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.rio-suntree {background-color:#6B3534; border:1px solid #F2BBBA; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2F1111; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding:140px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/YCdfY.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
"I ave been ere for a while. I do not seem to bee able to find mih way out. I am sorry if my accent is hard to understand. Ich habe been without company for many months. I... lost my sister in the blizzard," he whispered softly looking into the fire. He missed her greatly and tried not show his pain to Rio. There was something about her that caught his eyes and made him wonder why she wouldn't want to be with her family. He longed to have his sister with him and didn't understand why she didn't bring some of her family with her.

[color=green]"Wo is da Familie?"
he attempted to ask. He could tell earlier that she was having trouble understanding him and he tried to say it again. "Um..why are you alone? Do oo not have Familie?" he said softly hoping she understood him. He was curious about her and why she was alone. He wondered why she would want to be with her family and why she was in the woods even though she said she was exploring he felt there was another reason she was about here. He got up and and took the bowl and spoon from her before going over the stream and cleaning them off before coming back to the fire and sitting closer to her. He wanted to touch her to make sure he wasn't dreaming. " You are real yes? he asked, looking away from her. He was scared she wasn't real, was just his mind playing tricks on him.
[html]

I PPed him poking her, hope its okay =]

The stranger was very inquisitive about Rio’s life. She quietly listened as he told her his story. She didn’t know what death was, really. She never lost someone so close to her. Well, yeah, she did, but not to death. To mental issues. The lone brute looked troubled over his sister’s death, but Rio didn’t mention anything. She observed him soundlessly with concerned eyes.

When he asked her about her family, she looked away and started to play with the end of one of the furs around her shoulders. She had family, it wasn’t that she was alone, but her family wasn’t exactly the best. She was raped by her insane brother, her mother is separated from her father, but that’s what happens, right? She continued to fiddle with the fur, not looking up at him as she spoke, ”I have family.” She was quiet for a moment before speaking again, ”I just wanted to be alone for a bit. Coming back is so overwhelming.” She hoped he caught her drift. She had just returned; she was so used to being alone for so long. All this life, all these others around her was too much for her to handle, but she didn’t mind being around Regen. He seemed to understand, but he longed for the opposite. He wanted company, whereas she didn’t. She didn’t mind company, though. She didn’t mind Regen as company, either.

She was staring again as it was silent, thinking about things. She would have to make a trip out to see her father soon. Maybe she would leave from here and just head straight out there. She wanted to see everyone important before she went off and did her own thing. Her thoughts were broken when she felt a finger touch the skin on her shoulder. Just a light poke. She looked up from the ground a looked at him. ”You are real, yes?” She looked at him, surprised. Was he kidding? Jeez, he really is ALONE. Hallucinating even. It would’ve been fun to play around with his mind, but she didn’t want to hurt him. He seemed delicate, and maybe they would become friends one day. ”Yes, I think so.” It would’ve been a trip right there if she suddenly realized she was a ghost. She smiled at him, ”Do you have any other family here?” Most loners came on their own, but there was that small chance that they brought someone else with them. Rio pawed the ground with one of her wolf feet.

Word Count → 515

Points → 5

<style>
</style>[/html]