Rise U[p] in the Dirt
[html]
JAMES ♥ Short post is short Big Grin

Arye's eyes scanned the endless field of early summer blooms. The touch of summer was truly upon them now; sunlit rays touched down on her cream colored shoulders as the girl's long, thin fingers steadily worked her mane into a loose braid. Her hair had grown since she had joined Phoenix Valley and she had yet to cut it, even now that she was part of Ichika no Ho-en. The tip of her plated hair rested now at a point between her shoulder blades, and she was glad to have her eyesight unhindered as she gazed upon the naturalistic beauty that Mother Nature had provided.

The Chen-tao was adjusting to having responsibilities now. When she had been part of Phoenix Valley, she had only ever really been a general member. Now it was time to push herself, to expand and grow as her definition of life and home changed right along with her. At nearly a year old, the girl knew that she had to evolve with the times, and she wasn't afraid to do so.

<style>
.aryemorningooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.aryemorning p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.aryemorning b {color:#fff; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #1C2019; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.aryemorning {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#455438; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:465px;}
.aryemorninginner{background-color:#9DAF90; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... etable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:100px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #5A6852; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

That is fineee Big Grin

There were times when he felt fairly unsure of what to do with these new wolves. Gideon wasn't one to bark orders at anyone, but he wondered if a time would come when he would have to. In Dahlia he had been a fairly highly ranked wolf along with his brother Saul, but he didn't know if any of his words would hold authority with those who had come over from the Valley pack. It was certainly an experience, to be put together with another pack and be expected to come together peacefully into one.

He needed to figure out what other warriors had come from the Valley or even from Dahlia; he had seen that Saluce had returned and assumed that the gruff male had taken a warrior slot...but he wasn't certain. He wanted to get his bearings and get settled in, of course, but he also felt a strong desire to prove himself among this mixed pack of souls. He wanted to stand out to Nayru and show her that he could be effective and reliable in any situation.

They'd split up and gone their separate ways after that first night. Gideon had headed for the Trenton area where he had found a ramshackle house, which he planned to fix up in his spare time. It was shelter, for now. The pups seemed happy enough here; Ichika was a brand new territory that they were allowed to explore together and Gideon could scarcely keep them confined in the house long enough to find out where they were planning on going each day before they would take off.

He was walking back to Trenton through a field, two hares slung over one shoulder. He'd gotten both with his sling, his preferred hunting tool, and planned to skin them as soon as he got back. The pups were hunting for themselves more and more, so these hares would be just for him. He hummed a little as he walked, enjoying the nice temperature of the Northern territory, a feeling of peace settling over him.

<style>
.giddeongrass .ooc {font-style:italic; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:400px; margin:0px auto;}
.giddeongrass p {padding:5px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.giddeongrass b {font-weight:bold;}
.giddeongrass { background-color:#33541B; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/WAUyO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; }
.giddeongrass .inner {margin:110px 10px 20px 10px; padding:10px; background-color:#fff; background-repeat:repeat; background-position: top center; -moz-opacity: 0.7; opacity: 0.5; filter: alpha(opacity=40); border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Smile

Since making the move to Ichika, the young Chen-tao had been meeting more and more new creatures. She had never really introduced herself to many of those who had once been part of Phoenix Valley, and she had never encountered a Dahlian wolf prior to the uniting of the packs. Now, it seemed like she was starting from square one entirely, which wasn't really a bad thing. It just meant that she had to put the effort forth in order to get to know all of her new pack mates.

The cream colored girl shifted her eyes, turning her head so that her braid fell down her back in a straight lines. It was good to have her mane out of her face as her alert eyes picked up the vision of a dark hued figure. His scent let her know that he had once been part of Dahlia, although their scents were changing and blending. She wondered how long it would be until Phoenix Valley's signature scent just faded away permanently from her prior pack mates. She did not regret moving here, but she thought maybe she might miss it. But that would not keep her from moving forward.

"Hi!" Arye greeted the stranger simply, a cheerful call in his direction, welcoming him to interact with her if he wanted to. "My name is Arye - are you, I mean, were you part of Dahlia? I lived in Phoenix Valley." That was short enough and to the point. It seemed like the simplest way to start too.

<style>
.aryemorningooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.aryemorning p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.aryemorning b {color:#fff; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #1C2019; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.aryemorning {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#455438; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:465px;}
.aryemorninginner{background-color:#9DAF90; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... etable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:100px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #5A6852; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

How the heck could I miss that you had answered this? LOL ilu

He had known most of the wolves of Dahlia before the merge, but now there were many more for him to meet and greet. Gideon had seen some of them at the meeting that had been held on their first night as a new pack, but hadn't gone up to many of them or spoken to them on that night. He'd been a bit shy, a little afraid of approaching someone new and trying to strike up a conversation. The Ichikan had been fairly antisocial over the last few months, especially with his recovery from his injuries.

He looked up when he heard a voice nearby, the sound startling him out of his own thoughts. He readjusted the hares on his shoulder before turning toward the friendly greeting. The female that stood before him was a pretty one, but it was not something that was noted for very long in the male's head. "Hey there. I'm Gideon...and yep, I was a part of Dahlia de Mai. I'd come to the Valley once or twice in the past...but I don't remember smelling you around." It had been a while ago since he'd gone.

Maybe it'd be a good idea to offer her something. She'd been the one to initiate the conversation, which the reclusive male was glad for...he pulled a hare from his shoulder, holding it out to her. "Uh..here!" It was good to share with one's packmates, right? "Did you find someplace to live here?" He asked curiously. It was only their second day, but he was figuring out the area he wanted to live in already.

<style>
.giddeongrass .ooc {font-style:italic; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:400px; margin:0px auto;}
.giddeongrass p {padding:5px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.giddeongrass b {font-weight:bold;}
.giddeongrass { background-color:#33541B; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/WAUyO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; }
.giddeongrass .inner {margin:110px 10px 20px 10px; padding:10px; background-color:#fff; background-repeat:repeat; background-position: top center; -moz-opacity: 0.7; opacity: 0.5; filter: alpha(opacity=40); border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>[/html]
Arye accepted the offer of the rabbit gratefully, if a bit bashfully. Gideon's kindness seemed completely automatic, and it wasn't that Arye didn't expect politeness, but this blatant display of kindness shook her for a moment. She held it in her hands for a moment, unsure of what to do. Then the cream colored girl smiled at him, speaking her gratefulness. "Thank you," she said. Most of those who she had met had been cordial, but Gideon's kind treatment rivaled the way Pripyat treated her. She felt a connection to him almost already and wanted to reciprocate his actions if she could.

"Not yet. I've mostly been sleeping under the stars, finding shelter here and there," Arye answered. "Have you found somewhere permanent yet? I've been exploring and a lot and I would love to help you if I can!" the cream colored girl offered. As Chen-tao, it was part of her duties to know the lands of Ichika really well. So far she felt like she was doing a pretty good job of doing that. And if she could help Gideon with the use of these new skills, it would be great. "Do you have a family or friends you live with?"