Stranger in a Strange Land
[html]

ooc: All are welcome to join in =)
"German",,"English"
Table foundation coding by Sie. Image by me.

Verloren

To the fore, waves rolled softly over the sands of the golden shore, whilst farther out larger swells crashed into white water. Above, seagulls squawked and chirped as the circled the ocean waters in search of any edible morsel that surfaced between the waves. Beside, loomed the towering lighthouse, casting an even longer shadow against the rocks and sand. Among these shaded objects was the silhouette of the young Tundra as she leisurely made her way onto the beach, earth toned pelt ruffling in the cool ocean breeze as golden eyes scanned over the scene. It was a place of tranquil; a nice offset to the harried merging of packs and wearisome journey to this new territory. However, to her, it was also a place of uncertainty.

Not just the beach but the whole country in general. She couldn’t get over the feeling of emptiness and unknown it brought each time she woke in the dawn. Inside she knew Scotia wasn’t her home, yet she had no home and scarce memories of it. Scotia was place for her to escape to and to live, and though she found comfort in her new pack she couldn’t help but look East. As she saw it she had no home and this was just a place to live—

Suddenly, a seagull landed atop the pup having mistaken her for large perch as she sat motionless in the golden sand. Immediately her thoughts changed and she leapt up, teeth snatching at the bird’s tail feathers. That was nice thing about being so young: the ease in which her thoughts could change. Another perk was that eventually her sorrow-some memories of her Germany home would fade away. But, with their recede the nightmares forever seared into her psyche to gallivant freely.

Nevertheless, the once somber pup now chased after the ocean bird, a now joyful tenor in her movements as she romped across the sands. A stranger in a strange land.

<style>
.freetable-b02 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.freetable-b02 b {color:#eae4bc;}
.freetable-b02-b {width:480px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.freetable-b02-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#eae4bc; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 6px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:24px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.freetable-b02-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/ ... 3hha8c.png); height:545px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#eae4bc;}
.freetable-b02-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-b02 {background-color:#706a40; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #d2cda9; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#192100; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:16px; width:480px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Hope you don't mind me!

He admired that speed, that display of youth at its best; had the child been a few months older, perhaps she would have detected her four-year-old elder watching from afar with a delighted smile on his face. The coyote had been there for some time, cross-legged on the rocks, seeking absolution from pack preparations and momentary silence and prayer with the great Father Sea, rolling and lolling about on the shore. Atop the great rock jutting from the edge of the sand where it met the grass, Razekiel had been stirred from his meditative-like state by the hijinks of the child, the only pup Ichika had to claim for the time being.

The prince would not approach her immediately, would not interrupt her blissful innocence and childhood play. Razekiel could not remember a similar time in his own childhood; even from the beginning he had been bred to be a monster just as Samael was, and the duo had believed themselves higher than such childlike displays and whimsicality at the time of their youth. With the attack on his sister, as well as the other countless complications at home necessary for any closely tied to Kaena Lykoi, much of his puppyhood had been spent brooding and blossoming hate, and it seemed only in his adulthood was he ever able to reclaim some of that youthful freedom and energy. The average four-year-old did not roll about in the grass with tongue lolling like an idiot, after all.

He could not suppress barks of laughter when the seagull mistook the child for some sort of fencepost — the child was lucky she hadn't ended up showered in foul-smelling white shit! By the time she began leaping and clipping at it with her teeth, Razekiel toppled off the stone beside himself in laughter, most likely because the emotion and enthusiasm was furthered by the joint of marijuana that by now had toppled from his teeth and into the sand. When he managed to stand, still clutching his stomach and sparing somewhat pained chuckles, he dug and shook the joint free of sand, then straightened his glasses and started towards her.

"You dance like a butterfly, leap like a shooting star, man," he said through high-pitched giggles, popping the joint back into his mouth. Only then did he notice the sand had extinguished and that he had inhaled the grainy dirt still clinging to it, and thus Razekiel wasted no time putting a lighter to it in reactivation. Moments later he dropped suddenly to the sand in front of her, cross-legged and innocently bright-eyed. "You're Verloren, right, miss butterfly? This guy's real jazzed to finally make your acquaintance. My, you are going to grow into one of the Mother's loveliest, aren't you, my leaping-peeping-little-frog?"

image © Sean R @ Flickr ; table by lin
<style>
.razloveooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.razlovecred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.razlove p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.razlove b {color:#9A4D4F; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.2em letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.razlove {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#B05155; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:445px;}
.razloveinner{background-color:#DBDBDB; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... overaz.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:140px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #5A6852; width:445px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc: Not at all =)
"German",,"English"

Verloren

Try as it might the seagull couldn’t evade the nipping babe as she chased and leapt at it, only allowing it to soar so high before pulling it back down by a tender feather or two. In her play enthusiastic yips and barks escaped between leaps and bites while the seagull squawked in distress. If it had been the wiser it would have been more careful where it landed, although in the absence of little terrors like her it had grown ignorant. But luckily for the sea bird the hoots of another canine was its chance at escape as the Tundra ceased her antics long enough for it to flee back out into the ocean. Although, not without one last near-nip from the feather mouthed pup.

With her play-thing now far out of reach the pup turned her attention to the giggling man as he sauntered over to her, gripping his gut as he laughed. For a moment her ears flattened tightly against her skull in fear, not of the man himself but of what he was. However, she soon relaxed as he plopped down in sand with legs crossed and eyes full of innocence, much like a big child. A small smile twitched at her feather-lined lips at the comparison. His voice too was bright and cheery, if not a bit loopy, and urged a few wags from her whip-like tail. Her ears also danced with his words, perking at the ones she knew and falling at the ones she didn’t. And mostly they fell as much of what he said came across as gibberish. When he finished her brown proceeded to wrinkle as it always did when she attempted to piece together what was being said and after a few silent moments she opened her mouth to reply.

“Ja, I am Verloren,” she spoke carefully, her flat accent thick. “Who are du and this other guy du speak of?” She softly tilted her head with the inquiry for she had not seen another with him. Pausing for a second she then added with a wide grin, “I wvould think so, my Mutter wvas lovely too.” It was clear she had missed much of what he meant, but her words were light and friendly, full of her young innocence.

<style>
.freetable-b02-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#eae4bc; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 6px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:24px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.freetable-b02-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/ ... 3hha8c.png); height:545px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#eae4bc;}
.freetable-b02-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-b02 {background-color:#706a40; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #d2cda9; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#192100; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:16px; width:480px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

She seemed unthreatebed by both his presence and his zany behavior, and at that Razekiel's smile could only broaden; his eyes lit up a sunnier gold the moment she spoke, the moment she allowed such magnificent culture to woo his ears! The coyote's mastery of French was hardly enough to hold basic conversation, but even after spending such an extended period with the multicultural, multilingual Juniper Peace in months past, the prince still found himself hopelessly enamored and enraptured by the presence of other languages or the tainting of the common English with their wondrous accents. He visibly squirmed in sheer delight at hearing such a rare sound intermixed with his core language — and by a child, no less! Surely she was a brilliant girl; how did she not have a great group of fans following her every step, her every word?!

"Ahhh, an angel graces my ears!" he squealed, teeth clamping tight on the smoking joint and nearly snapping it in half. The male then swooped forward, drawing his nose uncomfortably close to hers as he stared into her eyes with a gaze reminiscent of a sweet-toothed child in the candy store window. "Your mother!" he exclaimed, clearly forgetting any of the queries she'd posed his way. "Yes, yes, your mother! Please, my dear fierce assassin, do tell me of your mother, of the righteous crib that brought the heralds to sing at the edge of your words!"

Had he even introduced himself yet? Bah, surely it could wait. Perhaps she already knew.

<style>
.razladderooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.razladdercred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:8px;}
.razladder p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px; color:#8E8C6F;}
.razladder b {color:#809A73; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #BFBC8F; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.razladder {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#455438; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.razladderinner{background-color:#E0DEC3; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ladder.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 200px 0px; border:1px solid #E0DEC2; width:500px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc:
"German",,"English"

Verloren

The girl tipped back onto her haunches when the man lurched forward with a delighted squeal, wrinkling her nose at the smoking scent of his joint as it smoldered so dangerously close. For a moment she was tempted to nip his own charcoal nose in her displease at his intrusion in her bubble of space, but something prompted her otherwise. She remembered him from the pack gathering and based on where he sat and how her Alpha spoke she had the feeling he too was of a high position. Although, that didn’t stop a sly smirk from spreading smoothly across her young features.

As he began to speak again her ears swiveled to catch each word and her playful thoughts switched to decoding his language. She didn’t have to think so hard thanks to what bit her late-friend had taught her and from what she picked up in his absence, but as heard before her understanding was still far from perfect. It was when she finally pieced together his batch of questions that her face brightened even more. She remembered her mother, how could she forget the one who gave her life? And simply thinking of the large, yet feminine Tundra brightened her day.

“Oh my Mutter wvas a big Tundra, very stark(strong) und a gut Alpha!” she spoke with pride as she went on about her mother. “Pelt like mine, aber(but) darker...und...” she drifted off having reached a block in her translation. She wished she could explain further but knew he’d be lost in her language. It was then her voice fell heavy, “Aber sie(she) wvas killed by rival Luperci pack… they all wvere…” With a sigh she ended, “I wvas only two then so I don’ remember much…”

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

She had slipped quickly into sadder tones, her eyes and shoulders heavy as if weighed with a thousand bloody memories, and at this an icy chill ran down the Seiryu's spine. How horrible to see one so young still suffering! To know they were orphaned and alone, and had seen things not even an adult should be haunted with! Overdramatic compassion marked his features and he swayed in place, hands cupping his cheeks as his eyes harbored great welling tears.

"Such strength in one so young!" he hiccupped, wiping viciously at his eyes with a forearm. "I am honored to bask in your tales, my love, dearly honored! Surely the Great Mother hugs you to her breast as lovingly as I desire to!"

He whimpered and cooed all at once, clearly moved by what few words she had offered, though his methods of expressing his compassion and sympathy were far more enthusiastic than the... average coyote. "Do you feel her, my Verloren? Do you feel your mother in the wind as she embraces you, in the crickets' song as she sings you a lullaby? Oh, to be so brutishly severed from the one who carried you so long! Such tragedy, such...!"

With a subtle "don't flip a wig, man, don't knot your tighties" whispered to himself beneath his breath, the Seiryu calmed himself rapidly with one deep, collecting breath and straightened up. "Tell me, butterfly, who are the Tundra? Was this other pack... the same?"

<style>
.raz-b01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.raz-b01 p {padding:0px 35px 5px 35px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.raz-b01 b {color:#fff; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #000;}
.raz-b01 {background-color:#7BCE33; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/NOYjy.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 80px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:13px; color:#145202; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.raz-b01-border {width:477px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.raz-b01 .separator{width:322px; border-bottom:1px dashed #145202; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc:
"German",,"English"

Verloren

With a start her ears shot forward as he cried out in response and she looked at him as though he were a lunatic. Wrinkling her nose she scooted a few inches away from his dramatics, her ears now turned out to the sides as she continued to eye the coyote. Never had she seen one so moved by what little she could mutter… It was quite scary! But, a swell of laughter caught in her throat as she watched the melodramatic Luperci as he wiped the forming tears from his pale eyes. Even if he didn’t for it, his drugged sympathy certainly had a way of cheering her up! Though, he soon calmed himself down enough to ask for more of her story.

“The Tundra wvere my family,” she replied, quickly stifling the fit of giggles about to explode from within her, “they wvere nicht(not) Luperci, aber pure wvolves. Panzer told mich(me) the rival Luperci didn’ like that and that’s wvhy they killed them.” She then flattened her ears and quietly snarled, “Righteous bastards.”

But, she didn’t hold her tension long as she flicked her tail and rose to her feet, shaking the sand from her rump as she did. With a puzzled sigh she took a few steps out toward the surf. Her golden eyes drifted to the sight of the rolling waves and to the towering lighthouse before returning to the far reaches of the ocean. For a moment a small smile pushed up her still baby fattened cheeks as she looked onwards, captivated by the sea’s beauty. Although it soon faded as she muttered to herself, “I find many here, wvhy I wvas sent I don’ understand.”

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Oh I am so late. We can close this up soon if you'd prefer.

Eyes wide with intrigue and delight, the coyote listened with great enthusiasm and perked ears as she continued the tale of her birthland. A smile sat comfortably on his face, charmed by the gurgling laughter he had unintentionally brought forth. Like she, his grin faded as she spoke of a land of conflict and racism, bringing back vivid memories of a younger Inferni from long ago. Ichika had been created with that firepit in mind, knowing well the results of rampant racism and hate, knowing well the stink of blood and vengeance in the air of such a place. Ichika would be pure, peaceful, calm. Ichika would be the sanctuary for those like Verloren.

"Ah, yes, literal discrimination to death," the Seiryu nodded sagely, pulling at the goatee-like fur hanging from his chin. "Yes, I was also a child amidst hate and blood. Not all born in that horror must grow to be horrid." A smile. "Don't you agree?"

Straw eyes followed the child's form as she approached the waves, distance in her voice and eyes alike. He waited a long while, still seated cross-legged and relaxed. "So you are on a mission of sorts, then?" He shook his head. "For a child to be forced to focus on more than simply growing... it's tragic."

image © Sean R @ Flickr ; table by lin
<style>
.razloveooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.razlovecred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.razlove p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.razlove b {color:#9A4D4F; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.2em letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.razlove {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#B05155; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:445px;}
.razloveinner{background-color:#DBDBDB; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... overaz.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:140px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #5A6852; width:445px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]