Changes and Medicine
Shiloh shows Mizu how much she cares by touching her stomach when she enters.

Shiloh had been been sitting by the creek earlier that day, her thoughts on how much she had changed in a month. She owned Mizu so much, her life and feelings never taken for granted by the woman. It was her that kept her from cutting and giving into the dark emotions that had been threatening to take over. She loved the woman dearly and would easily give her life to protect her. She was deep in thought when she heard something in the brush near by. She stood when she heard the sound again. She went over the brush close by to find a baby minx struggling to live. It was a smooth palomino color with a black under belly. It struggled in her hand at first until it felt her warmth. It was shivering and under weight much like Shiloh had been when she had been in AniWaya. She felt the minx kit and found it had a deep cut on its side along with a broken front paw. It was bleeding hard and she didn't want something that young dying on her. She cuddled it kit close and started back to her cabin she shared with Mizu hoping she was there. It wasn't too far a walk and she quickly made her way to the cabin with the kit close to her chest.

"Mizu! Mizu where are you I need your help!" she yelled as she came in with the kit. She put the kit on the table and grabbed at some of the herbs she had known to relieve pain. She make a small tea and tried to feed the kit the medicine. It fought with her at first but took the medicine, its little frame whining for her warmth. She figured it wasn't more then a few weeks old and would need milk to stay alive. It whined for her warmth and she looked around for Mizu hoping she would help her keep the kit alive. She got a small square of cloth and wrapped the kits wound the best she could.
[html]

slight pp, tell me if you want it changed(:

Mizu was napping when she heard Shiloh call. She seemed urgent so she got up quickly and peeked into the room. She saw the kit and gasped. Turning around she ran to her room and grabbed her bag. She ran back to the room. "It's okay Shiloh, calm down. She smiled and began rummaging through her bag. She was quick but very calm, everything would be okay. She pulled out a blanket from her bag and wrapped up the wounded animal. She used her claws to cut out holes in the blanket where the kit's wound was.

She used her hands to put pressure on the gash until the bleeding slowed slightly. She took out an herb and used her motor and pestle to remove the juices, mixing it with a some water and a powder she had made from the same herb she created a paste. She rubbed it into the gash, making sure that it was fully rubbed in.

Mizu took out a needle and some thread and started to sew up the wound. It had been a while since she had given stitches but she was quick and efficient about it. She sewed it up tightly, letting enough room for the blood that was now flowing slower to finish coming out and scab over. Okay, she should be alright for now. Mizu picked up the baby gently, then her eyes found the broken paw. She let out a sad sigh and set the baby back down. She got out a wrap and wrapped up the paw. Make sure it stays off that paw, and doesn't scratch or lick at her stitches." There was other things that Mizu needed to do but she would let Shiloh have some time with the baby before she gave the kit a whole lot of other herbs.

<style>
.mizubeautyooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.mizubeautycred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:8px;}
.mizubeauty p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.mizubeauty b {color:#DFAB5B; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #571D32; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.mizubeauty {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#571D32; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:411px;}
.mizubeautyinner{background-color:#A0345B; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... izutab.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 255px 0px; border:1px solid #571D32; width:411px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

RAWR= Shiloh loving Mizu. Good time for Shiloh to ask if Mizu will teach her medicine

Shiloh calmed when the pregnant woman came in to help her with the kit. She was quick in her medicine and the kit was asleep in a few moments, its back leg stitched up, its front leg wrapped. Shiloh gave Mizu a look of thanks and picked up the kit, holding it close. She felt it curl against her and look up at Mizu. "Teach me how to take care of it. Please. I don't want it to die. I... I was going to ask you to teach me medicine because I... can't carve anymore. I was going to ask Ralla about it but I had to ask you first. I can't do my craft anymore and medicine has always interested me,"she asked sitting down in a chair that was close by. She looked down at the sleeping kit and stroked its soft fur noticing it leaned into the touch.

"Can I keep her? I'll take care of her and everything," said Shiloh with a smile as the kit started to suck on her little finger, it little pink tongue curling around it. It was hungry and Shiloh had nothing to give to the kit. She frowned slightly and looked at Mizu. "She is hungry. I don't know what to feed her,"she said as the kit continued to suckle her finger. Shiloh rubbed her small stomach and smiled again as the kit slowly fell asleep. "My Kyra..." she cooed at the kit softly as it curled into her fur and whined softly.

<style>
.shiloh-b01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.shiloh-b01 p {padding:0px 35px 5px 35px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shiloh-b01 b {color:#fff; text-shadow:1px 1px 2px #000;}
.shiloh-b01 {background-color:#587595; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/b1sH9.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 60px 0px; border:1px solid #D0D9E1; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:13px; color:#384158; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.shiloh-b01-border {width:477px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.shiloh-b01 .separator{width:322px; border-bottom:1px dashed #fff; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
Mizu smiled, "Of course. I would love to teach you... but why can't you carve anymore?" She cocked her head. Shiloh hadn't told Mizu about anything like that. "Yes of course you can keep her! As for feeding her, I would recommend goat's milk. I think I have some around here somewhere. I always keep it just in case! I get a fresh thing of it every week." She smiled and walked out of the room for a moment. When she found the milk she walked back in. She went in her bag and found a syringe that she had found one day. "Here, use this." She deminstrated how to get the milk into the syringe and how to make it come out.

"That is a lovely name Shiloh." She smiled. "What is it exactly that you want to know? All about herbs and things?" Mizu had never had someone to pass her knowledge onto. She hoped that her children would at least be slightly interested in learning it. Medicine was her passion, if this litter of children didn't care for it then she was sure that she would eventually have a child that wanted to learn. If she didn't, oh well. Shiloh would satisfy her need to let the world know of healing. She smiled.
Slight pp tell me if you want it changed Smile

"Oh thank you so much Mizu. I'll watch over her and take care of her like she was my own pup. I can't carve anymore because my shoulder muscles have gotten weak from the fracture. I don't have the strength to press into the wood anymore. I was going to ask you if you would want an apprentice. You could teach me how to take care of people and stitch up wounds and what herbs to use to relieve pain. I can help you," said Shiloh as she took the syringe Mizu had handed her and started to feed Kyra, who latched on to the end of the syringe and began to suckle, her little pink tongue curling around the end. She smiled before looking and Mizu.

Shiloh touched the pregnant woman's stomach softly, smiling harder as she felt Mizu's pups kick and press against her hand. She wanted pups like Mizu but even more so she longed for a mate, someone to complete her and understand her in ways she knew would make her love them. She removed her hand with a slight frown. She always found herself thinking of mates and of Leon when she was around the pregnant woman and it bothered her slightly that she was envious of the woman that saved her life. She stared at Kyra and found herself wanting to dote all her love and care on the minx kit. She would love her like she was the one who gave birth to her and deep down Shiloh knew that the baby minx would be her salvation from a world she felt she didn't really fit into.

"I was going to talk to you about my spirit journey. I will be leaving soon to go on the trip. I don't know when I'll be back but I hope to see your pups when I do. Kyra will be going with me as soon as I learn how to ride my horse. You will be in my prayers. I love you Mizu," she whispered as she rubbed Kyra's stomach softly feeling it grow hard as she got full. Only half the syringe was gone and she would feed the rest to her when she woke.
"Shouldn't you try to train your shoulder more though? You can get it back in shape with my help of herbs and things." She smiled, she didn't want Shiloh to give up the thing that Mizu was sure that she loved, "I of course will teach you though." She stroked Kyra's forehead with a smile. "There are some other herbs I need to administer as well." She gathered them up. "Here is Echinacea. It will help boost her immune system, I'm just going to add some to some water, along with cilantro. That will help her digestive system." She dropped the herbs in a bowl of water, letting them soak some.

In about 15 minutes she took the herbs and squeezed them out. She mixed the water and handed it to Shiloh, "Giving her water with these herbs mixed in will help her heal. About twice a day, up to three." She smiled gently, "Also, I want to start a garden. When gardening it can be a very good stress reliver and I am hoping that you will aide me in it. It could also help to build up your shoulder muscles so that maybe one day you can carve just on the side." Her ears flickered as Shiloh started talking to her. "I love you too. And there will be pups for you to see whenever you come back. I hope you stay safe on your trip and I hope you acomplish lots." She kissed Shiloh's forhead genlty.
Shiloh took Mizu's words into consideration. She had never wanted to give up her profession but she didn't have the strength to keep it up. Learning Mizu's trade could make it so she could help others if something were to come up. She loved helping others and as Mizu suggested that she help her with a garden she smiled. "I would love to work on a garden with you. It would calm me and let me learn your craft," she said as Mizu touched Kyra. The kit was young still and as she told Shiloh what herbs she was using.

Shiloh put the herbs to memory, their names and what they did. "How long do you soak them for?" she asked softly as she thought of Mizu's pups. She wanted pups of her own badly but knew deep down no one would love her or want her. She would help Mizu with her pups when the time came but for now Kyra was all she had. "I can't wait for your pups Mizu. I want to help you as much as I can when they are born," said Shiloh with a smile. She wanted to see the white wolfess happy and her pups would do that.
She smiled, "Great. Also if you want to know more I could lend you the book that I am writing. It isn't completely finished yet but its more than halfway done. It explains a lot about different herbs and things like that." She smiled, "Once Kyra is better I could plant some catnip for her in the garden. It would keep her busy while we are tending to it." She smiled. She had learned how much cats loved to play with catnip. It was like weed to them. She laughed slightly, recalling her days with Sensei.

Mizu smiled, glad that someone was interested in her job. "For about 15 minutes.. maybe a little longer. It's basically just to get the herb to disolve some. It really depends on the person. If they dont want to to have to swallow the herbs than leave them longer so that all the juices from them have leaked out then you can take out the leaf." Mizu grinned, "I can't wait either. Well, I'll be glad for the help. And I am sure that they will adore you Shiloh." She smiled, pressing a paw to her stomach. "so, Anything else you want to know?"