Familliar Stranger (AW)
[html]

WC:000+ - Anyone can join, but I'd like Shawchert to be a part of this. ._. How dare you come back without telling me! Bad Shaw!

Ever since she'd returned home to Cercatori D'Arte many weeks ago, she'd bee cutting herself off from her social duties, only ever coming out to socialize when the need came. She'd dart around the town, scouting the territory, meeting new faces and occasionally stopping to visit Daemon and of course, her new crush, Taliesin. The bright-coated male had become her one last hope, one last thing to hold on to, a reason to smile. He'd joined the pack shortly before...

No, don't think about it, Sky. The medic thought bitterly, waving the thought away. There she sat, on her front deck, calmly cleaning her newest piercing with a few dabs of sterilizer to her lip, where it was. Snake bites. She'd seen a picture of them in an old magazine and had fallen in love. Not just that... lately, she'd been trying quite a few new techniques, even Casper had fallen victim to her curiousity, as he sported a new stud in his ear. The goat hadn't been happy to play labrat but at least he didn't complain anymore.

So long my luckless romance, my back is turned on you... She sang softly, a new song she'd come to adore despite the meaning behind it... and the reason she'd come up with it in the first place. She'd accepted his... disappearance. She'd ended up burning the note in a fit the night before and now, she felt... liberated. Free to do whatever she wanted.

...so why was it she... felt something familliar on the winds this morning? A scent she knew. She couldn't place it to a name or face, though. Or maybe... her mind wouldn't let her? Deep down she had a feeling it was... him... but it wasn't a strong enough feeling for her mind to register it at all, so she went on wondering. A new member, possibly, or maybe Orin had paid them a visit with her daughters in tow. That could explain it.

Normally Sky would be all for seeing Orin, now that their troubles were behind them, but right now all she wanted to do was relax on the front porch, her goat curled beside her and those forbidding skulls keeping visitors at bay, as they were meant to do. She was more than happy to chase away potential guests, because if the skulls pushed them away, they were obviously well enough not to need her attention. No wasted time. No annoyance. Just... peace.

I should go pay Tal a visit today. This idea brought a smile to her face as she moved to put her cleaning solutions away. Maybe I'll start on that goat pen too, get him to help me out with it. She glanced over at Casper, who lifted his head at the burning he felt in his ears. She grinned, he bleated and then trotted off back into the house, probably to hide from his rather insane mistress. Hm... That can wait until later, though. I'm busy. She concluded, sitting back in her chair and sighing lazily.

<style>
.SKRai-K-01 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.SKRai-K-01 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.SKRai-K-01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#312621; text-shadow:#64544c 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.SKRai-K-01 {background-color:#bbaca5; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; font-size:11px; line-height:16px;width:428px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1426/sky1w.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 372px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .SKRai-K-01-border {width:430px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>
[/html]
Shawchert was reluctant to find Sky's house, but he did. He was scared of her reaction, though it shouldn't be so bad, he had put what he had to do in his letter. She would have gone after her own mother too if she were in danger.... wouldn't she? In any case the large brute, now littered with more scars, and looked more masculine was headed down the road, his bright coat gleamed in the sunlight, and the sword that lay across his left thigh was easily seen. Shawchert had changed greatly since the fight for his family. The family that had been slaughtered before he could even get there. The sight of his mother's lifeless eyes was the worst of all things that could happen to him, it had reminded him of Demetrius, and they were both devistating. It was the ghost of his son that had gotten him out of his trance so quickly, and now Shaw felt that he needed to be home. To find his friends protect them and make sure Cercatori never saw the day a murderer would take any of their lives. He saw the woman on the porch, and she seemed deep in thought. His love for her grew as it had never done before. He couldn't imagine as he saw the woman sitting there.

He didn't know what to do, so he moved closer and kneeled on both knees drooping his head. He had returned, but to what? Sky.... He said quietly to her, though it was slightly hard to hear as he spoke. He was ready for an attack, but he would allow this, knowing he deserved anything she threw at him.
[html]

WC:000+ - SUCKER PUNCH TO THE FACE.

Blue eyes snapped open the moment his scent fully hit her. She watched coldly, eyes wide but holding no shock or emotion in them, as he knelt down and murmured her name. That folded ear was perked straight up like any wolf and for a moment she was silent. He'd been he last thing she'd expected to see that day. The very last. But there he was, the music to her song, kneeling there before her... and what did she do?

She stood up quicker than a whip and marched over to where he knelt, dropping down onto her toes and looking him dead in the eye. For a moment, she was silent, debating whether or not he was real. She reached out and gently brushed her hand across his cheek, her eyes softening a bit... and then as soon as she was sure he was real, she brought her left hand back and aimed a punch directly at his jaw, snarling as she did.

You fucking bastard! Sky was far from pleased to see him. She stood up once the punch was thrown, fur bristling and tail high in the air, ears pinned forward and straight. How dare you come back here? You left this entire pack for dead, and so soon after... Her voice died away a moment, eyes squeezing shut to block out the memory. What are you doing here, Shawchert? She growled out lowly, eyes still shut and head turned away slightly, hands clenched into fists on either side of her.

Great. Just great. If he thinks it'll be easy to get me back, he's so wrong... I was just... just getting over it. Tal... fucking.... Her mind raced, those dark voices coaxing her into a violent mood, testing her patience with the man. For once, he was the last person she'd wanted to see. His being home meant everything she'd grown used to was about to fall apart. No. She thought, opening her eyes to look at him. He won't ruin it. I won't let him.

<style>
.SKRai-K-01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#312621; text-shadow:#64544c 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.SKRai-K-01 {background-color:#bbaca5; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; font-size:11px; line-height:16px;width:428px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1426/sky1w.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 372px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .SKRai-K-01-border {width:430px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>
[/html]
Shawchert saw everything as if it was all in slow motion. Her cold look hurt more than the punch that came. He did not try to deflect it. He did not move, though it was right to the face, he kept still and let her hit him. He was quiet and let her scream, his own heart breaking as he had broken hers. She was surely not happy to see him... He was quiet and let her speak her frustrations.

"I left... for a good reason, didn't you read the note? Didn't you tell Skye? She didn't know where I was, I didn't have time to waste..."

He said, yes he would stick up for himself, it was apparent she didn't read the note. He could tell because she would have said something... Then again was he suppose to go save his mother, the family he didn't have here? Rather he went and tried to help his own mother, and sibling and blood... He was confused now that he saw her angry face.

"My mother was in trouble, I had to get her out. She was the only one who cared about me. I couldn't just sit here. I was sick of doing nothing, Demetrius persuaded me to..."

He stopped dead, he had let slip his son's name and that he was talking to him. He looked down again, rubbing his throbbing and swelling cheek.

"I deserve everything angry you have to say to me. I just want to know I still love you and i never will stop. I thought you would still love me too. I said in my letter I would come back as soon as possible. I didn't run off I just had to leave as quickly as possible."

He hoped his slip up of his son would go unnoticed. He wanted her to understand he never meant for her to be this hurt, but it seemed she was more angry at him than he thought she would be...
[html]

WC:000+ - I feel really bad for Shaw right now. ;-; Sky's being so mean.

The note? She'd been too afraid to read it. She'd expected some sort of break-up letter, not a reason as to why he'd left. Sure, she'd given that option a thought back then but that fear was still enough to drive her away from it. He went on to explain, and as he did, the more he said, the more her features softened up. He hadn't left her... he'd gone to help his family back home. Her shoulders sagged a bit at the mention of his son, and then again as he told her he loved her... and assumed she'd stopped loving him.

For a while, she refused to speak, fighting an inner battle. Then, without scowling or growling, she offered him a hand up. Get inside, you shabby dog. It looks as if you haven't had a good day in years. Her tone was... bitter, but still held a hint of invitation, forgiveness maybe. If he took her hand, she'd haul him up (with impressive strength, considering how weak she'd been before he'd left) and then she'd sigh, brushing off her hands and shaking a new bruised fist.

I never read the note... I was... I didn't want to. She admitted, heading up the stairs and readjusting one of the skulls (the same three Argul had left on the porch months before) so it wasn't uneven with the rest. A lot has changed since you've been gone, Shawchert. The pack's been doing well under Skye's rule, but for a while there it seemed as if we'd end up disbanding. She looked back at him and glared. I get that you had to go help your family... your mother... I would've done the same thing. The timing was bad, though. We lost a lot of members because of what that monster did to us.

She waved for him to follow her and stepped inside. The house was rearranged with new decorations and a new layer of paint on the walls. Everything was cleaner, though the floor still had the red stains from various events before. I'm sure it's a fair guess to say you've rejoined D'Arte. It wasn't a question. What rank did Skye give you? Her voice sounded... not unfriendly... but... distant. Business only, in a way. It wasn't Sky the lovely woman speaking. It was Sky, D'Arte's only medic. He'd have to work hard to get her back to being Sky, the woman again.

<style>
[/html]
She softened and Shaw was slightly relieved, but he knew he wasn't out of the doghouse yet. He smiled slightly as she helped him up. It was one of the few he had made since coming back to Cercatori.

"It's been a few months since I've had a good day... a good few months. There are things I wish I could take back...."

He said. She spoke as she adjusted a skull. It made Shaw shudder and look over where the spectral son of his was waiting. He refused to enter Sky's house, maybe because of the skulls but the boy did not want to enter again. Shaw would not try to bring the boy to it and he sat on the couch tentitively

"I know it was a bad time to leave, it was a horrible time, the worst time. I was so worried for you, then I get a message about my mother... and well I flipped. She was the only one of my whole pack that had cared for me, she taught me everything I knew. I couldn't let her stay there... to die...but it didn't matter, I was too late, she was dead before I got past the first of them."

He rubbed his hand in his hair, he barely noticed the changes in her house, he wouldn't mention them, at least not now. He wanted to tel her, let it out, he hated himself for leaving, and knew he shouldn't have. He didn't want to tell her about the ghost that followed him though.

"I'm here to stay. I want to do what is good for the pack I made, for you, and for those I couldn't help. I will be the packs protector. I was no leader, I was no helper, I did everything wrong, but from now on, nothing intent with evil comes in these lands. Skye has made me a craftsman. I will do my duty to this pack from now on."

He looked up at his once near mate, would things ever be the same between them? She seemed so distant, unhappy. He hated her being unhappy...

"I never meant to make you think I was running from you. If I had the time I would have found you and told you, but I didn't. I've had a good while to work on something apologetic, though I made something for you, I know now it will take me a lot more and a lot longer for us to be together again. I will make a spot for me in the Terrace. I want you to know my heart will forever be yours, no matter what you feel about me.

He said, pulling from his tattered bag a carved item. It was a rose, and in the middle had a heart shape, with a message saying "forever yours" on it. He knew a carving wouldn't bring her back but it was a start
[html]

WC:000+ - Angst Levels are down to 80%! Keep it up, Shaw! Big Grin

His words fell on deaf ears for the most part. After he started talking about where he'd been, she'd tuned him out. She didn't mean to, but those voices were back with their two cents. You should maul him now. Get it over with. He broke your heart, rip out his. They suggested darkly, making her ears flick back and her eyes fog over a bit. She caught some of her old fiance's words, things like his new rank and his duty or some shit like that.

Then he paused... and started again, catching her attention away from the dark voices plaguing her. She wanted to tell him to go away, that he'd never be her mate again, that she hated him for what he'd done... but the honesty behind his voice kept her from doing so. He was so sincere, so sorry for what he'd done. He spoke of having something for her, to start off his apology, and pulled out one of the most beautiful carvings she'd ever seen. A beautiful wooden rose, a message saying 'forever yours' on it, carved out of love.

She frowned deeply, shutting the voices and moving to take the beautiful gift. Her eyes fell and she held it to her chest a moment, in delicate hands. ...I want to forgive him... but it still hurts. Sky sighed, finally managing to look him in the eye, her own blue depths never revealing her emotions, even for him. ...Go on upstairs. The spare room is set up. You can sleep there until the Terrace is ready for you. She wasn't about to be cruel and kick him to the streets, especially after all they'd been though. She wouldn't forgive him just yet, though. He was right; he'd have to work a lot longer and a lot harder at it than just some wooden carving.

She turned and moved to the fireplace in the livingroom, setting the rose in one of the glass vases on the mantle. She was careful, treating it like a jem and carefully moving it until it looked just right. Once she was satisfied with the position of each and every inch of it, she stepped back and stared, her mind a storm of thoughts and mixed emotions. Without turning to look at him, she sent him off to his room, dismissing him and ending their conversation. Good night, Shawchert.

<style>
[/html]
This was a start. He could see her face soften as he spoke how truely sorry he was. It all came from the deepest pit of his heart. He held love only for her and his girls. Even for his ghost of a son, who stood near him still invisible to the woman. He watched her take the present, and knew that was much more than just a start and he knew a little hope glimmered there. He smiled a bit and watched as she turned cold again, it would take work, but this gave him high hopes in regaining her love. He smiled as she said her goodnights and he sat downstairs contemplating the whole turn of events.... would it have been any better if she just had read the note? the note that could have saved their relationship? He knew he would come back, for her and his girls, if they still lived.