Rapid-Fire Shapeshifting In Combat
Hey,

I was browsing through the 'Net for character ideas, and I found this list of combat manouevres for a game involving shapeshifters. A few of the combat ideas involved special techniques that involve taking advantage of the various forms of a shapeshifter; for example, a Luperci in Lupus might trip someone by running through their legs, then immediately shapeshift to Optime to wield a weapon while the opponent was down. Or, a Luperci shapeshifts to a smaller form to dodge, and then pops back up in their normal form to fight back.

Are there any rules on using this kind of stuff in fights?
Hmm, probably not. :o The process may take anywhere from two to fifteen minutes depending on how experienced the shifter is, according to the RP Guide"Werewolves". While you could definitely set up a team of different luperci to each perform a role, it wouldn't be possible since in the 'Soulsverse, it does take some time. Wink
Ah, gotcha. But slowing down such manoeuvres so that you could, say, shapeshift to dodge at one point, then get away and shapeshift later, is still fine, correct?
Yeah, that could definitely work! You'd have to be able to have your character get the opponent immobilized for long enough to dart out, shift, and return. The downside might be that the other character wasn't injured too badly and follows them, so that your character can't complete the shift, or worse, finds them and then attacks during the shift. :o

You can certainly try it though! ^_^
Note also that shifting does take a good amount of energy and that rapidly shifting can tire out a character quickly. Honestly, I wouldn't recommend it for combat situations -- the energy drain would take away any advantage coming from the element of surprise. :o
Makes sense. I'm still not used to this particular werewolf 'verse, I think, so this really helps a lot. Thanks guys!
If you want to know everything you ever wanted about the 'Soulsverse and our werewolves (and more XD), I recommend giving the "Werewolves" and "'Soulsverse" sections of the RP Guide a thorough read. :o It's a lot to digest at once, but it's very complete @_@