Cleaning up my profiles
I know I have not been here very long and all, but seeing all these professional looking profiles is making me feel all ): Now I am not asking for a whole do over, but since I have no idea how this coding even begins to work, some help making my profiles for Amy and Twilight look neater, so people's eyes are not hurt when they look at them. Maybe some hints as to how to make it look cooler, those certainly would be welcomed. I know that getting fancy art would cost money xD and well since paypal does not work for me for some reason; all I could really do is with free stuff. So if anyone is feeling up to it, I would really love the help.
There's a lot of great information here to get you started :] The first few posts deal exclusively with the CSS, which is how to change colours, fonts, etc. This post and the ones below it show how to add extra table baubles (size charts, whatever, which I see you already have Big Grin). If you don't know anything about CSS, you're probably best off requesting a basic skin in the Requests subforum of Talents.
Well I understand some of that stuff, just not all of it xD Besides that is a sea of text, I do not know where to start.
It is pretty overwhelming! This post tells you what each of the classes controls. I'd just go down the text-wall one element at a time. Start with the background colour, then background image, etc.

Also, which browser do you use? In Google Chrome, you can right click "inspect element." On the right hand side at the bottom of the screen, a menu showing the CSS pops up. You can check and uncheck the various rules set by the CSS to see what each enables/disables. It's pretty helpful Big Grin You can even enter your own values in to see how it would look changed.

If you don't know what I'm talking about by the Chrome stuff, I can get a couple screen shot tutorials going ^^
Well I am not going to attempt to do this while on my laptop xD and even if i did, I am still lost. I am reading along but am not sure where to start. Yes that info is helpful but I have never done CSS before in my life, I barely get along with the coding of this site to begin with. I am not entirely hopeless for the most part xD I am willing to try this out but really I still need some help. And I use firefox, sure its not the best for helping me design a profile, but it is one of the most secured browsers out there.
lol, I am anal about system security, I wouldn't use Chrome if it were full of holes Tongue

Again, if you're that new to CSS, you should probably request a profile skin in Talents and let someone make it for you ^^ It's hard to help you if you don't have a specific question!

If you really want to do it yourself, you should read up on CSS on some other sites. I reference this one a lot myself, but I'm sure you could google for others.
I guess I am just better off asking for a skin and help sprucing up my profiles, its just that no one is currently offering making skins. Sorry for wasting your time, I just wish I knew more enough about this subject to ask more specific questions.