M - sto[p] as we drop this bomb.
[html]
WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.
Short post is short, but I wanted to get this up! I don't mind twilight-zoning my threads so I don't really care when exactly this is set, only that it occurs chronologically before my thread with Zeke so Barry can gripe to him about... everything XD

Ah, youth; how it afforded those lucky enough to still have it an uncanny ability to roll with life's punches. Between his unexpected discovery of Ghita's mammoth of a mate and the unfortunate realisation he'd been displaced from McNamara, he had at least a couple reasons to be upset. Still, it wasn't all bad—neither he nor Ghita were the sort to kiss and tell, and it wasn't as if he'd spent years carefully considering the interior design of the crash landed plane's rear end. Then there was the icing on his questionable cake: he got to see TaeKyung again and had found himself a “new” (to him) guitar while exploring earlier in the week with Pixie.

He sat on the rooftop now, plucking out energetic and forceful tunes that would've made his bisabuelo cringe. His style was a far cry from the dulcet strumming the coyote preferred, but Apache wasn't here now, and this wasn't his guitar. Not to mention he picked up a bunch of spare strings from the shop; there was no need to be hyper careful. One foot thumped out a rhythmic beat against the side of the structure and he alternated glances between his instrument and the surrounding streets.

He smoked as he often did here, his mind wandering between the multitude of faces he wished to see again (and those he wished to avoid). A shudder coursed through his body and his instrumental ceased abruptly as he thought of the massive black wolf with his eagle eyes. Ugh. His joint had gone out, too. Sighing resolutely, he put the guitar aside and went to fish another one from his pocket.

<style type="text/css">
.barrett-snail b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; font-family:georgia,serif; font-size:11px;}
.barrett-snail p {text-indent:25px; padding:0px 0px; margin:0px;}
.barrett-snail {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#; background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... ail-xt.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:0px solid #000000; padding: 130px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-align:justify;}
.barrett-snail-inner {width:350px; border:none; margin:0 auto 0px auto;}
.barrett-snail-wc {border-top:1px dotted #000000;line-height:10px;font-size:10px;font-family:'lucida console',sans-serf;text-align:right;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style>
.naniko .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.naniko p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko-border {width:379px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

Whenever is fine ;D

The trek had been long and tiresome. Naniko didn't remember it being so difficult to get to the city in the past, but this time she had taken a different route in the hopes of encountering flatter terrain. She'd been surprised to see that the Phoenix Valley territory had been abandoned when she had come to it and had found it odd that she could walk right through it without encountering any wolves. The scents there were growing weaker and weaker. Another reason for her exhaustion was tied up in the things that she carried on her back. Nothing too heavy, but just enough extra weight to tire the pregnant luperci out after miles and miles of walking. One large bear fur, a few torches, some bundles of food and a few crystal and bone charms were included in her bundle.

She had figured that the male probably wouldn't want to sleep with her after seeing her in the state that she was in, so she'd brought some different things to see if she could catch his interest. She'd need to give him the news, as well, if he didn't see it for himself and question it first. They'd only done it once or twice during that night, but his seed was obviously potent and it had done its job. Hopefully what she had brought with her would be enough to trade for a fair amount of his drug. Then she would turn around and head back home.

The structure came into sight at long last and the white wolf could see something perched atop it. She hadn't been sure if she would be able to find Barrett here or if she'd have to wait for him; she was relieved to see him sitting up there with his guitar. She wasn't sure how he would take the news...but for the most part she had no interest in getting any type of help or assistance from him. She was a pack leader and used to relying on herself and only herself when it came to situations like these. Naniko stopped a short distance away, looking up at him. "I'm back" She announced shortly.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]
Sorry about the wait. ._.

He lit up his smoke and went back to futzing with the guitar, but the next tune was doomed to be short lived. His ears swept forward and he peered up to see Naniko at the end of his driveway, staring up at him. “Heeey,” he called, before tacking on a quiet “er,” and an awkward (but nevertheless excited) you. Had she never given him her name or had he forgotten it? She looked a little bigger than he remembered, too—but for now, he chalked the discrepancy up to the alcohol rather than any actual difference or change. It was over a month ago and frankly, it was impressive he remembered much of their meeting at all.

And yet, oh, how he did. “One sec, Snow Angel, I'll be right down,” he crooned, wondering what was in store for them this time. He had thoroughly enjoyed her company, after all, and he certainly wasn't opposed to another “trade.” The male stood, collected his things, and made his way over to the ladder fixed to the back wall. He hurried down and made his way out front to greet her. His eyes bypassed her bulging belly in favour of the bundle she carried on her back. “Back for more already?” he wondered ambiguously, his tone was playful and flirtatious as ever. Either he was still oblivious or the seeds of denial had taken root.

“Let's go inside and have a seat,” he suggested, figuring she would want to put her things down and get out of the sun. “And here, check this out,” he offered, holding up his freshly lit joint for her to sample. “Rollin' in the good stuff now.” A couple of the plants in the greenhouse were finally ready for harvest. The outdoor crop had gotten better since he started removing the male plants, but it was impossible to get them all—he was more diligent around the greenhouse (and it showed). The potency of this product was unrivalled, but unfortunately there wasn't as much to go around just yet.

<style type="text/css">
.barrett-snail b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; font-family:georgia,serif; font-size:11px;}
.barrett-snail {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#; background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... ail-xt.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:0px solid #000000; padding: 130px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-align:justify;}
.barrett-snail-wc {border-top:1px dotted #000000;line-height:10px;font-size:10px;font-family:'lucida console',sans-serf;text-align:right;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style>
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

She hefted her bag up onto her shoulders a little better as he spotted her, still panting slightly from the trip. He identified her as "you", something that she found peculiar for a moment before dismissing it. She couldn't remember if she'd told him her name or if their conversation had slipped by without her announcing who she was. Naniko cleared her throat once more, licking dry lips. "Naniko." She said, replacing his word with her title. "Naniko D'Angelo." She'd been a memorable enough customer for him to recall that he had met her before, at least.

His tone confused her for a moment as he came down to speak with her. He sounded as cheerful and flirtatious as ever, just like she remembered. "I am out...but I was hoping to trade some other things today. I didn't think you would want to..uhmm..Unless you do want, to, then.." She mumbled. Naniko followed him inside, setting her bag down and taking the offered joint as she sat down. When she inhaled it surprised her, making her cough a bit at the harshness of it. She'd taken too big a breath, perhaps. She then passed it back to Barrett, leaning back and placing a clawed hand over her swollen belly. "Thanks for sharing"

"I didn't think you'd be so happy about it. I wasn't going to ask you for any help or anything..Just to trade for some more of the same stuff I got last time." She said. "I was hoping..we could keep up this partnership until I figure out how to grow my own. It'll be a while...the pups will need quite a bit of care until they can get around on their own. I'm not that worried, though..I don't think there will be too many...I only feel a few." Naniko continued, looking back at him. "I run my own pack and all..finding some help with them in Anathema won't be hard."

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]
Barrett is such a retard, rofl. Let me know if you want the slight PP changed XD

She noticed his little slip-up and his ears tipped back sheepishly. Whether or not she told him before, he still felt embarrassed... even if their past liaison was in the name of business. Morally ignorant as he was, it still seemed wrong not to be on a first name basis with the woman he'd known intimately (that had to be the bare minimum). “Ah, right,” he said softly, tone apologetic. He wouldn't forget again—if he'd ever known in the first place.

Fortunately, she didn't seem offended or upset. She seemed... confused, if anything, which only served to confound the young male in turn. “What? Don't sell yourself short,” he hummed gently. So what if she had gotten a little pudgy? She was pretty excellent in the sack, and she carried her weight well—even now, it wasn't obvious to him that she was pregnant (clearly).

“And 'course, you're welcome here any time. Here, have some water,” he said, dispensing some from Anselm's old water cooler into a clean, shallow dish. “I'm willing to take a look at whatever,” he said in regards to the other mystery prizes she carried. His tail thumped encouragingly as she spoke further—why wouldn't he be happy about a repeat customer?

But then she said it, and it hit him like a ton of bricks. He was completely blind-sided by her revelation; he genuinely hadn't seen it coming. His eyes widened and he stared in a panic at her baby bump, then sought out her face. She... was pregnant? And she... was an Alpha? The entire world stopped right then, or at least it felt like it. His heart, his breath, and at last, his vision.

Barrett slumped over and fell like a limp rag doll back into the couch, knocking his head on the (thankfully) padded armrest. He wasn't out long—less than a minute later he was rubbing his head and blinking up at Naniko's puzzled face. It felt like he was waking up from a long, restful slumber, and for a second he convinced himself the pregnancy was all a dream. But no, one look at her swollen stomach said otherwise. “Sorry,” he managed weakly. For impregnating her, for being a dunce, and for being wholly incapable of dealing with this.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

I fail at life. <3

She began to unwrap the things that she had brought with her. The bear fur was wrapped around all of the other belongings, and she ran her hand along the thick length of it as she undid the bindings and unrolled it. She had one more like it at home, one that she'd brought with her from the cult pack in New Brunswick. That one was special, though; she'd found the animal's carcass and had skinned it herself. Then she'd kept the skins from the snow-hares that she had hunted during that period and had sewed them onto the smooth side of the pelt, creating a super-fluffy blanket for the winter. That one, she'd never trade!

"For what?" She didn't understand why he'd passed out, only that he had. Had he smoked too much? She voiced the concern. "You aren't going to fall asleep on me from smoking too much, are you?" Naniko asked. "I brought this fur...I thought it'd be useful. Maybe I could build up some credit, even? I dunno how much you think this stuff is worth, though." She looked at the items doubtfully, still unaware that he hadn't realized her condition until moments earlier.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

The mottled teen stared at the snow-white woman, looking perplexed. What did she mean, for what? Wasn't it obvious? Didn't she have a problem with any of this? She was old enough to be his grandmother, and she was carrying his children! So... she was going to keep the puppies? His head was abuzz, oh yes, but not from the weed. And then she nonchalantly slipped back into business, as if she only said “mighty fine weather we're having!” (or something equally inconsequential), not dropped a bombshell.

Barrett groaned softly and rubbed his face. He propped himself up better and stared numbly at her assortment of fur and crystals; he ran his hand along the tanned bear hide and held one of the minerals up for closer inspection. He caught his own reflection in it briefly, and he wondered who the wolf staring back at him was. A parent; one that had just seen a ghost. That couldn't be him, could it? He gently placed it aside and looked back to the Alpha, trying his damnedest not to stare at her baby bump, but failing miserably.

And then, finally, something sank in—she really didn't care. She didn't expect him to do anything. His eyes widened and he stared at her like a deer in headlights; in that moment, he almost loved her. The boy found his feet suddenly. “All of these things are fantastic,” he said. “Tell you what,” he continued, rummaging through his stockpile, “I'll give you twice as much as last time, and I'll throw in a sample of the good stuff on the house.” He was rolling in the outdoor crop by now, so that wasn't an issue—and even with the potent indoor product, he'd gladly part with half of what he had (a meagre ounce) if it meant he never had to think about this again.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

She had done the whole puppies thing many times before, and wasn't afraid of it. He seemed shocked, now, staring back at her as she arranged the items out on the fur. Naniko didn't want anything out of him other than the drugs, the one thing that he could continually provide her with that she could not grow for herself yet. "I don't want anything else out of you, Barrett. I just want what I came here to trade for." She tried to clarify. "If you feel like visiting us you're always welcomed to, as long as you come alone and don't bring anyone else along. I don't need a bunch of Crimson Dreams wolves running all over my packlands. One is bad enough."

The deal sounded sweet to her; she didn't want to bother him again if she didn't have to, and if she did try to come and see him again for more in the future she'd leave the kids at home where they belonged. "I hope to learn how to grow my own sometime soon...so I won't be bothering you much after this." She said aloud. "This will last me a really long time, too. Thank you, Barrett." Naniko said, agreeing to the deal. "If you have any tips for me, let me know. I plan on trying to dig up one or two of the plants to relocate them if I can get them to Anathema in time."

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

He felt like he should say something, but the words would not come—not even a meagre thank you or I'll try. And so he nodded numbly with a half-hearted smile. In the coming days, he would become increasingly grateful that she didn't begrudge him for their accident... but right now, it hadn't fully sunk in yet. Not the repercussions (or lack thereof), not even the pregnancy itself. Even if he was sober, he wouldn't understand her blasé attitude; it still seemed wrong. What would she tell her subordinates when they asked who the father was? What would she say to the puppies when they were born? Barrett thought nothing of sex outside of formal mateship, but children were different. They were a crushing responsibility and a monstrous timesink. Even with the support of an entire pack... Ugh!

“If you do transplant them, be sure to water them a lot afterward,” he said at last, looking surprised by his own voice. It sounded the same, yes, but it felt hollow and distant. “I'll give you some seeds, too, in case they don't take,” he added, fetching a small pouch. She would probably view it as a favour, but deep down he knew he owed her so much more. (Or did he? She had to have known the risks going in, right?) “The females are more potent when they don't go to seed,” he explained, finally beginning to feel more like himself. Like he could almost ignore it for now, while they discussed the secrets of the trade. “If you want, we can go out back quick and I'll show you what to look for to sex them while they're still young.” His ears folded back. That had come out wrong, but he ignored it. With the terms of their trade settled, there wasn't much else to do but tell her what she needed and keep moving on.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]