The Hunter's Hut
Shiloh held her close as she cried, tears of pain, of joy, or anger washing away from Saxif. She didn't understand why she felt the need to hug Saxif but as Saxif let go of the emotions Shiloh knew she had been holding inside she felt something stur inside her. At her words of letting go Shiloh felt Saxif give and cry harder, Shiloh all but supporting the huntress now. Her ivory head lay atop her own and it wasn't soon that Saxif's legs gave way and they were on the ground, Saxif crying harder still and holding Shiloh close.

"Shhh Saxif... I'm here for you.... I'm safe with you..." she would whisper over and over as Saxif let go of her feelings. There was times when Shiloh knew her anger had arisen, for her claws would dig into her fur only to stop from breaking skin or seriously hurting her. Then when the anger had fizzled out burying its self deep within Saxif again, did she cry her guilt and angush of holding such anger inside her. They stay like that for what felt like hours, Shiloh holding up Saxif as she cried against her. In this moment Shiloh saw care and understanding and maybe something deeper under her normally fearless huntress. She saw a sensitive side of Saxif she didn't think she was capible of having within her and Shiloh enbraced her in all her flaws and feelings.

When she pulled back Shiloh just smiled and licked away a tear that ran down her face. “Shiloh, I was so scared. So scared for you.” her words came out breathy and shaky but Shiloh understood how she felt "But I am here now, safe in your arms. That is all that should matter to you," she whispered as she looked into Saxif's now liquid gold eyes. Gone was the orangeish hue from her eyes, the anger she held for Shiloh's attacker still lingering but now pushed back to a darker recess of her mind. Shiloh was so consume by her thoughts that when Saxif pressed her nose to her own and gripped her hips in a way that both shocked and consumed Shiloh she couldn't surpress her whine of shock. The only way to describe the way Saxif held Shiloh in that moment would be to describe how two lovers kiss for the first time. And that is what it was, a kiss between two close friends, both laid open for the other to see.

The desire and longing that suddenly took over Shiloh as Saxif pulled away was strong and powerful and she licked her cheek as she looked down before nibbling her ear softly. Shiloh was so consumed by Saxif's scent and taste that she only caught the last part of her explaination. "More then just friends she has whispered softly as Shiloh leaned away to look at her. Her next statement caught the grey wolf off guard and left her breathless. “Shiloh I think you’re my soul-mate, my friend for life.” Saxif had said with so much confidence in her voice in that moment every thing made sense. The embrace Saxif pulled Shiloh into melted her heart and left warmth and comfort in her, something she had longed for since the fire that had taken her family. Shiloh curled her tail around and snuggled down into Saxif, her scent and warmth consuming her, almost like a drug she couldn't get enough of.

"Soul mates.... something I never thought I would find but now.... now I have and you mean the world to me," she whispered softly against her. Little did Shiloh know that in the time to come Saxif would become more to her, more then the confused friends they were now. Their future together would create a bond between them that would not only bring them close but bring a better understanding of who they were and why they felt the way they did towards each other. Shiloh's love for Saxif would be unrelentless and consuming. Shiloh would love Saxif with all her being but she didn't know it would never ever be enough.