Joining
The sun sat low in the sky as a loner approched the border. His sides heaved from running for endless hours and his muscles ached, but he didn't show any signs of being quick to tire, since he was not. Once Stryker realized he'd reached his destination he let out a single long howl, hoping to draw the attention of the pack. He knew he wasn't allowed to cross into their territory, so he stood patiently, trying not to look to self assure, which he was. Prideful and selfassure, yet that also made him determined and prepared for anything.

Fire raged up Stryker's leg as he tried to set down his injured paw. The running had angered it even more, although he wouldn't show weakness and didn't even let out a whine when he shifted an equal weight amung all his paws, even the injured one. Inpatiently he shook his coat. An impulse to run, knowing being a loner in the open wasn't safe, over came him and he squeezed his eyes shut for a second, hoping a pack member would arrive soon.
hello and welcome to 'Souls. My name is Honey and if you have any questions or problems, please dont hesitate to PM me, or James (Naniko D'Angelo) and we'll be sure to help you out! Its lovely to meet you!

It wasnt getting any easier. Four days had passed since that fateful day and the black leader was beginning to feel the pain and the hurt gauging larger areas of his heart away. Like a parasite eating away at his internal organs, the outward signs of suffering were beginning to show. He tried to stay with Demi a lot, showing her that everything was okay and that he forgave her. She was still ill, still weak and sick despite her bodies measures to make her better again. With the pups miscarried, the subject of the dark males immense sorrow, her body should begin to get better again. He had been feeding her strips of raw meat to get her strength back up. But what he found was helping his sorrow more than anything, was throwing himself into what needed to be done around the pack. And it appeared to be quite a lot. Since Liev's leave, a lot of the stables hadnt been finished, the buildings the grey Russian had outlined unfinished. And the dark male had instead thrown himself into this instead,

Pitch black ears flashed back against his skull as a howl broke through the summer day. It hadn't been long since Fara had been accepted into Anathema and the male gave a soft sigh. Straightening from his position kneeling on the ground, measuring the ground for the next lot to go down. His head buzzed softly and he groaned softly to himself. Heartbreak wasnt mental, as most people suspected. As he stood, a searing pain through his chest made him pause, before pushing it aside and taking off towards the borders. He saw the tawny pelt of a luperci, ginger on one of his paws. Unfortunately Demi was in no state to come and see to him medically, so perhaps Panda could help him at some point. He tried to look at least a little welcoming, even if it turned out as an awkward grimace.

"Greetings, you are on Anathema's borders. I am Theodore Stone, Rakeeb of Anathema. How can I help?"

He offered, feeling more like a help desk than anything. Still, one had to go about this in the right way, else Naniko would be mad at him. He came to a stop, work belt loose around his waist, hanging with all sorts of materials and tools for building. Crossing his arms over his chest, the male waited for an answer.
(thanks Smile so many helpful people on this site)

"Yes, I know where I am," Stryker barked briskly and instantly regretted it, bowing his head. His way was usually the respectful one, but the hurt bit sharply in his foot, causing the strange change in attitude. Now he was glad he wasn't in his other form, as the left hindleg was the one what was the trouble and putting all his weight on two legs would've killed. Looking over the other, he chose his words carefully," I'm here to ask permission to join your ranks. My name is Stryker. Stryker Claymore." The wolf shifter knew little about pack ranks, as he had lived the life of a loner with his mother. Father? He'd never been around, nor did Stryker know why.

Thinking about his parents made his heart twitch. Growing up with just a mother and then having to watch the only wolf you care about die in front of you, it hurt more then imaginable. Sure, he'd met other wolves along the way in his life, exchanged a few words, heard about the packs, but never once had he gotten to know one of them or care about them in the way he had cared about Zariah. Stryker shook his head and glanced up, not daring to look the other wolf in the eyes. This wasn't his territory, he was at mercy of this creature, no matter it's condition.
not a problem hun <33

Teddy's ears flashed back and he almost gave a snarl of rebuke when the males indignant tones came through. He could tell by the way he held his paw that it wasnt something he usually did, but the snappy tone wasnt exactly the best to use for the dark and brooding Rakeeb. He dropped his head however and Theo allowed a soft but firm warning growl to slip between his jaws. It was enough and he didnt feel the need to continue, so allowed his facial expression to drop back to normal as the male continued to speak. He started by asking to join Anathema's ranks, and then he gav his name. Stryker Claymore. An interesting name, but one that meant little to him at the moment. Naniko was always better at joiners than he was, but he knew he needed to pick up the slack around Anathema. And this was one of the many jobs under his list that he had to do.

"Stryker... Disrespect is not a quality highly valued in Anathema's ranks. But I see your paw is injured and I will forgive your tone. Where had you come from?"

He asked, making sure the loner knew that while his tone and words had been unacceptable, excpetions were made. Just like Fara, he went through a mental checklist, and he would ask the same questions to. He shifted his weight subtly back to his left leg, awaiting an answer and making sure to stay neutral now that the misgiving had been noted and forgiven.
Styrker's ears pressed back against his skull. Where did he come from? All his life he'd spent running, never really knowing where he was or knowing much about the area. His mother was the one who had know all that stuff. Shifting uncomfortibly under Teddy's gaze, he came up with a weak reply," Honest, I don't know, sir. Not from another pack or anything. Both my parents were loners, I don't remember my first few months, all I remember is running and well I don't really know where to or from. I've just been longing for a pack."

He hoped his answer was satisfactory enough. It was all he had to give. At this point he'd already messed up once in nearly snapping at the Rakeeb and silently he cursed himself inside. Being forgiven was one thing that he was grateful for, but he'd still screwed up in the first place and that displeased him. The fact he'd let his injury been seen also unsettled him, he hated weakness. Stryker took a slight step back and lowered a little more, wanting to clearly show he was not dominent in anyway, yet, he didn't press all the way to the ground.
He could see the male almost flinch under his gaze and now the black male was much more certain that it had been a lapse in character. Still, he was surprised that he'd managed to keep his own head and not strike out at the male. Black ears perked forward to catch the words that came forward, uncertain at first. He wasnt sure whether his answer was satisfactory, but it was a common answer Theodore had heard. Those seeking a pack, coming from nothing and seeking a community. Teddy nodded softly, stretching his neck in the process. He was going to have to go back to his work soon, because he could feel the rough, raw edges of his heart threatening to send him spiralling downhill. It was still a distraction for him, but it wasnt enough. Still, he nodded once more, taking a deep breath and answering.

"A common story, a sad one none-the less."

He agreed with the male before he watched him take a step back. He could see the telltale signs of submission in his body, but he didnt lower himself to the floor. Blue eyes once again narrowed towards the injured paw. "What has happened to your paw?" He asked outright, seeing no need to refrain from asking. If there were people after him, Anathema should know about it. In all truth Teddy was raring for war, but war would not be good for Anathema. He waited for his answer in silence, itching a patch on his arm before looking back up once more.
Common? Of course, Stryker should've gotten the hint from the many loners. He certainly seen a lot roaming out there, the ones he'd exchanged a few words with were all looking for a place to settle in with a pack, that was how he had heard of Anathema in the first place. Being a loner didn't have it's perks when it came to survival or the loneliness so coming here had been his best bet. Teddy said something about his paw and pain reared it's ugly head again. Obviously there was no need to hide he was injured anymore so he balanced on his other three legs and started to answer Teddy's question.

"Nothing's on my tail. I just got in some scrap with another loner, finished him off on accident..."

He trailed off, waiting for Theodore's reaction. Stryker hadn't meant to kill the old loner. A cliff wasn't exactly the choice place to jump another wolf. Stryk had been attacked by for some kill he'd made and the other wolf had been starving and stupid enough to jump him near some cliff. Those who fell didn't exactly have a great fate, the loner was only one example. Patiently, he waited for a reply, diving into his own thoughts again briefly.
[apologies for the wait sweety <33]

Having seen that he'd made his mistake, the lone male was just a bit more respectful. At this current moment in time, Teddy really didnt have the heart to deal with rudeness on his borders, but Stryker had sought to rectify the problem and the dark male was more than happy to allow him to continue. Blue eyes had fixed onto the injured paw, wondering who else could help out. Demi was in no fit state to treat herself, let alone anyone else. And Teddy had her on strict bed rest until she could sit up properly on her own, at the very least. Concern for his mate was beginning to cover the pain in his heart, although he didnt think it would ever go away. The lone males words made Teddy twitch a lip, in perhaps half a smile or a grimace, he wasnt sure himself. He nodded however in return.

"I see. We'll have to get it patched up, although the senior healer is otherwise unavailable. The junior might be able to help however."

He referred to Demi and Panda in their respective ranks, not by name. Stryker would have no idea what he was on about if he'd spoken of them by name. Still, there was one more question he had to ask the male before they continued with the ceremony. Stryker would need to shift into his optime form for this, but the time would come in a few moments, after once more question had been answered.

"Why do you seek Anathema's ranks? What skills do you have that will benefit us? And where will you fit? Job-wise of course."

He asked, wondering which path the male would chose. Anathema had many ranks and tiers that needed to be filled, and perhaps Stryker would at least take one of them.
(no problem Smile )
Stryker thought for a brief moment about the Rakeeb's questions. He'd never really thought too much of it, but he did have plenty of experience in hunting and fighting, due to the fact he had lived out on his own. Growling slighting in frustration that this wasn't thought through earlier, he pawed at the ground," Well, joining your ranks would be an honor, as right now I have no pack and acceptance into something would be pleasurable. As for what I can do for you, I haven't really ever assessed my own skills, but hunting and fighting are my specialties, I guess, even when I only have three paws available."

He wasn't too pleased that he had to add the 'I guess' at the end. Really, Stryker Claymore had never thought too much of himself, being busy trying to survive out there and all. Stryker stole another glance at Theodore's face, careful not to stare, but just long enough to try and figure out his expression. The half smile, he figured it was, encourage him slightly, through his discouraged mood. Hoping, he had given a satisfactory answer he shook his coat slightly and waited through the dragging seconds that would eventually bring him his own answer.
The dark Rakeeb was attentive as the male spoke, an honour to join Anathema's ranks. He should be so lucky. But the male wasnt going to doubt the males decision, it was his life and he could chose whichever pack he wished. Teddy nodded softly as the male spoke of acceptance into the pack. Anathema was a little different to most packs in their ritualistic means of accepting a member into the pack. The small cut to both of their fingers that would mean they were at least family. Stryker would always be welcomed back to Anathema should he chose to leave, because of the blood sharing ritual they performed. Teddy nodded softly before taking a breath.

"Skills that I am sure will see you far in Anathema. Thank you for answering my questions. A small rite must happen now- only a small cut to your finger and mine to share our blood and make us family."

He spoke quickly, a little gruffly as he bought out the small, non-threatening dagger he used for such occasions. Naniko had taken one look at his normal, every day dagger and almost shrieked at him. It was too big, it looked very dangerous. So the male had had to down grade to a small ceremonial dagger in order to keep his white queen at ease. He held out his hand, making the small incision over the scar of the past times he had accepted members into Anathema. It was easier to cut over the scar, so there would only be one scar at the end of it.

"Give me your paw, or hand, Stryker"

He commanded, holding out his other, non-cut hand in order to hold whichever he offered in place. It was easier to do this ritual if the male was in his optime form, but it was his choice.
A wolfish grin appeared on Stryker's face, showing teeth as he soaked up the Teddy's words. Obviously this would be easier in his other form so he shifted quickly, bones snapping into place and he grunted slightly as the weight became greater on his injured leg, but he ignored it and held out his hand. The gleam of blood surprised Stryk when the Rakeeb ran the blade of a dagger over a small scar. Although, he was prepared for the same to happen to him, pain was of little concern to him.

Family. The word played flipped over and looped in his mind. Stryker Claymore was no longer going to be part of something greater then he had ever experienced. His mother had been bitter and none too excepting nor approving of anything her son did, due to the fact that Stryker looked like his father. Whatever his father had done, it wasn't something that pleased his mother. He shook away the memories, missing her bitter ways that had shaped his determined and unbreakable spirit. Past was past, this was the new. Smiling at Theodore's words again, he looked up, ready.
Stryker was quite to oblige and shifted up into his optime form. Teddy could almost see the flash of pain as the male had to readjust his weight. Spread out over four paws, it wasnt so bad, but standing on two was obviously a pain for him. As the blood trickled down his finger, the male took Stryker's in his other hand, quickly and efficiently making a small cut to the males finger. Once if was bleeding, the male lifted his own finger to connect both open wounds, grasping the males hand in a handshake to make it less awkward for both of them. Blue eyes glanced towards the male with a half smile. Perhaps he could be a little more sociable. Still, he had to officially accpet Stryker into Anathema.

"I accept you into Anathema, Zepar. Work hard and show your determination, and you will rise quickly within our ranks. Chose a den within the Howling Caverns, our den site."

Teddy spoke quickly and quietly, two things he was not used to. But he wanted to get back to work now that the male was accepted. Dropping the males hand, the quickly produced two strips of thin linen. He tied the first quickly round the males fingers before doing the same with his own. There was no point in letting them both leave bleeding, even if the cut was small and almost ceasing in its oozing. Teddy stepped back, no longer baring the way for his pack member. With a small guesture behind him, he spoke one final time.

"The entrance to the caves is just up there. Be careful, the tunnels are confusing and you could get lost easily. Just follow the scents to the dens and pick an empty one out. I hope to see you around Stryker, welcome to Anathema."

He said, before turning and walking in the other direction, towards his unfinished work with the stables and other buildings Liev had outlined. It was going to take a long time to finish them, and he needed a distraction at the moment.