the venomous side of the snake
[html]

PreDated to July 11.
I left this open so you could put Ezra wherever :3

She felt horrible. There was a throbbing ache washing over her entire body like a wave of pain. Her form felt swollen and vulnerable to every movement she made. Each breath sent a sharp pain into her abdomen. It was impossible to sleep despite her devastating exhaustion. Even laying in bed felt like gravity was pressing against her body and forcing her down into the sheets, too strong to even allow her to lift her arms without collapsing effort.

It had only been two weeks since her and Ezra had left on the equine-based adventure in the mountains. Upon returning from the two day expedition, she had felt sore and a biting anxiety. The ride didn’t normally leave her as raw, but there was no other explanation for her tenderness. As the days went by, her illness got worse. It came and went in varieties of surges, overall just staying like a disease under her fur. She didn’t know what to do, so she went along keeping it to herself.

So far Ever had managed to hide her pain. She had begun leaving earlier in the mornings to avoid confrontation from her mate or the stable Marshall. Her loyalties to the pack were more important that her own health, so the silver girl continued to tend to her part of the stables. This included Petra, Ezra’s new lyclaimed buckskin. She got along with Saphraine, which was an instant relief. Her coat shined like his in the same golden way and Ever strained to keep them both flawless. However, her mask was failing.

Ezra began to notice her loss of appetite and struggle to stay upright most days. Ever also began to withdraw herself from everyone’s lives. The need to converse made her feel even sicker. She was too weak to feel worried about herself. Even Ezra had been feeling a searing pain in his head when they returned. That had made her nervous. But this was a pain that she couldn’t even attack. It came every day, some worse than others, but always the same soreness. The Baroness couldn’t shake it.

That morning she had left again, stumbling in the near darkness on the worn path to the stables. She groomed slowly but thoroughly, slowing even more on Saphraine and Petra. The rest of her time was spent in their stalls or polishing off the tack Alder had skipped for her. Ever left for home as soon as the sun was above the sea, setting her stallion out into the fields to escape himself when he wanted. As soon as she got the crooked, curving steps, the silver hybrid couldn’t help but collapse upon them. She laid her head on the boards of the front door, feeling it creep open with her weight.

<style type="text/css">
.whitemorning-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.whitemorning b {font-weight:bold; color:#818181; letter-spacing:1px}
.whitemorning p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.whitemorning-line {width:420px; border-top:1px dotted #ffffff; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
.whitemorning{margin:0 auto; background-color:#c8c8c8; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/s6st9k.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#929292; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:500px; border:1px solid #ffffff; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I’m sorry I’m literally the worst person to thread with ever. Guh. I also forgot, is this the thread where Ezra tells her to go to an apothecary? I don’t remember. >____< feel free to give shae a smack Big Grin

Ezra’s head pain came in waves, and for the past couple days, it had finally abated for now. Sage’s new remedy was proving to be exceptional whenever his skull felt like giving him a beating. Ezra wasn’t one to indulge in human behavior very often, but this activity proved to be a wonderful relief to his pain so he didn’t mind every once in a while. Sage was an interesting companion and Ezra was sure he would see her (and her medicine) far more in the future.

The pain he felt started happening exactly the same time Ever felt under the weather, too. It was surprising, and quite frightening. Ever started having mood swings, felt sick, and started ignoring Ezra. He figured she was just a little bit under the weather; for now, the male shook it off. Ever wasn’t prone to mood swings, but he was sure they would fade away soon enough. Ezra definitely missed the bubbly, happy, carefree mate of his. This new side of her was incredibly worrisome.

On this morning, the secui was fast asleep, he hadn’t even noticed Ever’s departure earlier that morning. The birds started singing just as the sun rose to greet the day, while the lazy hybrid was still asleep. His dreamless rest was broken when a sickening thud that sounded like Ever’s body hit his front door. Instantly awake (but still incredibly groggy), the Duke forced himself out of bed, which was when he realized his mate wasn’t there. The male frowned as he leapt out of the room, a twinge of worry crossing his brow. The door had swung open by the time he gotten there, and Ezra’s heart raced when he saw his beloved collapsed in a heap on the floor.

"Ever!" he shouted, incredibly concerned. His four-legged form was awkward and cumbersome as he tried to pull her as carefully as he could out of the doorframe. "Ever, love, please wake up..." he whined, licking her divine face with all the care in the world. This was the sort of thing the male had nightmares about, and seeing them happen in reality made Ezra sick to his stomach.

<style type="text/css">
.ezrafree01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#dce3e6; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2a2a2a; }
.ezrafree01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2a2a2a; text-align:right;}
.ezrafree01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.ezrafree01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#696a6a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... eebe01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #dce3e6; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2a2a2a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.ezrafree01-border1 {width:502px; border:3px solid #4a4f52; margin:0 auto;}
.ezrafree01-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #696a6a; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
Table by alli <3

[/html]
[html]

Indeed it is and don't worry too much Big Grin

Ever could feel her consciousness begin to melt away already, giving her body a rest for the time being. The cool summer morning brushed against her feverish form. A melodic sound of the bird song filled the air followed by a bleary sound of claws dragging on the ground. She sunk her claws into the wooden front steps, begging to stay there. Eyes still closed, Ever could hear a voice. It was a familiar, she knew it was. Suddenly, there was a slight ache in her shoulder as teeth gently tugged on it. Than the tinge of pain moved to her side and than her leg until her propped up position was inside the house.

Her head felt light and exhaustion continued to loom just behind the clouded aqua eyes that finally opened. She smiled when she saw Ezra’s face come close to lick hers. A gripping panic was beginning to form like ice in her veins and the smile disappeared. Ever leaned forward, her head bowed, and shifted carefully. Stepping into her lupus form felt like a welcoming hug. In her home form she could feel every ache in her sides and twinges in her abdomen. Upon shifting the silver girl sat face to face with her mate, more comfortable talking to him like so.

Ezra …

At first Ever tried to think of something she could say to keep her mate a bay, but as the pain continued to ebb her energy away, the hybrid finally gave in. She turned her head away from Ezra’s recognizable worrisome expression he wore too often, wanting to punish herself from distressing him so much since their mateship.

I am not well … I do not know why,

The girl said, continuing to stare at the ground. Fear held her tight and strained.

<style type="text/css">
.whitemorning-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.whitemorning-line {width:420px; border-top:1px dotted #ffffff; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
.whitemorning{margin:0 auto; background-color:#c8c8c8; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/s6st9k.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#929292; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:500px; border:1px solid #ffffff; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

so I’m incredibly pissed off at the moment, so excuse me if this is a weird post. My brother is a fucking asshole sometimes! Huzzahhh. Also, this is one of the few times Ever can shift; once she’s super preggerz, she won’t be able to shift or risk losing THE BEBIEZZZ 8D

Finally, her still body began to move again and the hybrid sighed in relief as he watched her carefully. The petite little girl looked dead, honestly, and Ezra thought his heart was going to stop beating until she came to. The woman shifted into a form Ezra had almost forgotten about; as a 4-legged beast, his mate looked even more petite than before. The hulking secui male let her come to her senses before licking her face all over again, this time out of happiness rather than desperation.

Ever finally spoke, and the Duke knew what she was going to say before she said it. “Are you okay?” It was a dumb question, he knew, but still felt compelled to utter it. “You’ve been acting rather peculiar, dear….” The mutt contemplated how he was going to say this. “Is…. Is there anything you want to tell me? Or are you just under the weather?” Ever’s forced seclusion had been all too worrisome to the male despite his attempts to ignore it. Ezra couldn’t think of any real reason why she could be acting like this.

<style type="text/css">
.ezrafree01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#dce3e6; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2a2a2a; }
.ezrafree01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2a2a2a; text-align:right;}
.ezrafree01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#696a6a; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... eebe01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #dce3e6; padding: 150px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2a2a2a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.ezrafree01-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #696a6a; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
Table by alli <3

[/html]
[html]

Yupyupyup :3 been there

The girl let the man lick her face for a moment, relishing the feeling of his cool tongue against her heated completion. She let her eyes close for a flash before opening them back up and turning towards her mate, not wanting to worry him more. When he asked of her state she simply turned her head away and then back again in and obvious answer of ‘no’. Ezra continued to concern himself, working up a nice flush in his dark face. His next question caught her off guard. Did she need to tell him something?

Ever shifted uncomfortably for a moment and felt the sudden soreness in her sides and unwelcoming pain in her arms.

No, no … nothing

She said it honestly, running dry in the area of speaking secrets. Ever had none to keep from Ezra. He was her other half.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

So once he tells her to go see an apothecary (which I see is gonna be saul? Big Grin) is this thread ovah?

Being the head of his small household made Ezra more willing to tell his mate what to do. He was her protector, after all, and cared about her best interests. His charge over her made him feel like he was strong and a protector of the petite woman he so dearly loved. “You’ve been feeling bad for a while,” Ezra stated bluntly. “I think it’s time you dealt with it. Please go see someone and ask for help,” Ezra wasn’t one to beg, but if there ever was a time for it, it would be now. But Ezra wasn’t asking, he was telling her to. “I just want to make sure you’re okay. As soon as you’re able. I can even go with you if you’d like,” but the male knew his offer would be rejected. Ever wasn’t the type to demand company all the time, and he assumed she’d want a little privacy while dealing with this.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by alli <3

[/html]
[html]

I guess so! Seems a little soon, maybe strive for a few more? :p

She was close to protesting, her mouth already forming a slight frown in an attempt to disband her mate’s helpful words. However, despite her deficient struggle to hide her pain, the hopelessness that shrouded the man’s multi-hued gaze stopped her sharp reply. A sigh escaped her light furred maw and her gaze dropped from his again.

I suppose that is fair,

Ever said evenly, meeting Ezra’s eyes with her own clouded in pain. Fear continued to keep its grasp on her, clenching the breath in her chest until it came out in irregular pants.

But I am … scared

The silver girl continued more quietly. Her reply was timid this time with her look dropping again. She couldn’t imagine what was wrong, whether it was an easy illness, muscle soreness, or something far worse. Ever couldn’t remember the last time she had fallen ill. Even the sickness that had taken her mother and sister from an early age hadn’t caught her. She was simply that. Healthy.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

of course Big Grin. Also, I watch game of thrones, and on the show this couple calls each other ‘my moon’ and ‘my sun’ and I thought it was so so so cute! These two should do it ;3

Ever’s pain was Ezra’s pain. While the male couldn’t help but hide his anguish, the Duke truly felt sorrow for his mate’s pain. Ever was his reason for getting up in the morning, the only thing Ezra hung around for. He loved every hair on her petite body. If anything were to hurt the woman Ezra wouldn’t know what to do. He wouldn’t be able to handle Ever gone or if she was seriously damaged by someone. In his gut, Ezra knew her current problem would pass. She would have gotten significantly worse if she was going to die. These symptoms had been going on for some time and Ezra had been watching her carefully, even if he never vocalized it.

“My moon and stars,” Ezra said quietly, touching her silvery maw with as much care as possible. “Don’t worry, I won’t let anything hurt you. If you just go see an apothecary you will get taken care of. Everything will be okay,” Ezra tried to believe the words he was telling her. Despite his optimism, there was still a shadow of a doubt in his mind. What if she was doomed? What if something crawled inside her, and was slowly killing her from the inside?

<style>
.ezratable-01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.ezratable-01 b {color:#dcdbb0;}
.ezratable-01 {background-color:#5f5a3b; border:2px solid #fefefe; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#141B21; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... _table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:260px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
Table by Anna! <3
[html]

I love that too!
Also, the last part of your post made me giggle a little bit

My star …

The girl said lovingly, leaning herself into her mates touch until she was resting against his softly furred chest. She was sore again, the movement causing a dull throb in her sides. And the pain would be a reminder. Ezra was everything to her, without him she wouldn’t know where to go, who to be. So she would go to an Apothecary for him, for her. They needed each other like a drug to stay well, even while she wasn’t.

Though, Ever was surprised the man hadn’t learned yet. The slight hesitation in his voice and the lack of shine in his eyes told her he was still weary. Still worried. He wanted to believe, like she did, that everything would be okay, but that was harder said than done. Ever could read Ezra the best. She knew what every glance, every nervous shuffle and breath, and every tone of his meant. Being in love was stronger than just an emotion. It was an occupation and Ever was drowned in her work.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]