In the dappled light
Lloni prowled through the forest in her Optime form, thick black fur protecting her from the slight twilight chill and helping to keep her barely-visible in the deep darkness. Though she usually just went where she liked on a whim, she had a genuine reason for visitting this wood; she was searching for a specific breed of plant that only grew in woodlands like this one. When eaten, the leaves of the plant acted as a pain killer, which would certainly be useful to keep on her.

She paused, sticking her nose in the air and checking for the plant's scent. She couldn't detect it, but that didn't mean it wasn't there, especially if it had rained recently. What she could smell was wolf-- not the thick, potent smell that ment this area was frequented by a pack, but the lingering smell of old packs and the occasional traveller. But she already knew that; she never would've entered this area if it belonged to a pack. They were generally unfriendly towards trespassers, even if they were just passing through, something she didn't think she'd ever understand.

The huge wolfdog steadily made her way through the thick greenery, humming a tune that she made up as she went along. Every now and then she would step in a particularly squishy patch of ground and wince-- having grown up in a human town, she'd always been more comfortable with pavement and tarmac than squishy ground. But she pushed her distaste for squishiness aside and kept looking for the pain-relief plant, pausing every now and then to sniff the air. So far, all she could detect was more wolf scent and various prey animals. The dampness of the twilight air was certainly no help, and her yellow eyes narrowed in irritation.

It was getting dark, and Lloni was officially bored with looking for the plant. She'd been looking for it all day, trying to keep herself entertained as she went, but she was becoming increasingly frustrated. And now it appeared that the plant wasn't even here. She sat down heavily under a tree, huffing in frustration. It was getting too dark to read, write or sketch, she wasn't hungry so there was no reason to go hunting, she was too fidgety to sleep, and she didn't have any company to keep her entertained. She was bored, agitated, and likely to get destructive if she didn't find something to do soon.

It occured to her, for the first time, that if she joined a pack then she wouldn't be bored all the time.
OOC: Schipperki photo! Tongue My mom has one ^^
-----

Niro was blackmailed by his own son. Jiva wanted to see the outer lands, and explore them and had actually threatened his father if he didn't take him, he'd find a way to go himself, well Niro gave him a few harsh words but soon enough they were off into the Ethereal Eclipse. This was Niro's favorite place to go, only because he had once gotten lost in it, but he was proving to himself that he never again would do such a thing. He couldn't know the whole woods by himself, but he knew well used paths, and very nice areas that had water or a certain tree that looked intriguing. There were many things in the forest, and most of all that was the best to him was the hunting. He felt bad for doing it, but he left Marahute at his den and brought Tobias with him. Marahute couldn't hunt as her wing was still in a sling and she couldn't use it. Tobias however was able to fly no problem. The red tailed hawk was even able to scout a few hare for them expertly. Both of which got away because Jiva gave chase. Niro wasn't angry though. No it was why he was out here. He wanted to teach his son the finer things about being a wolf, and one of those was hunting. He let the boy know what he could do to improve so he didn't scare the hares like he did.

It was getting late by the time he was headed back and he caught a scent of another wolf. Niro started, and picked his son up, ready for anything. He wasn't sure if the wolf was nice or not, but knew it was a female. He saw her backside and cleared his throat, wondering if she was looking for something or lost.

Are you by any chances lost Ma'am?

Niro asked kindly, keeping his son close to him just in case he would have to bolt.
OOC: Hah, yeah. It was the closest picture I could find to what I wanted.
---

Lloni's ears twitched at the sound of approaching feet, and she sniffed the air twice-- two wolves-- before turning her head and setting her sharp yellow gaze on the male and his pup. She stood, ears half-back and tail wagging, showing her total lack of aggression. She tilted her head at the question, tongue poking out ever-so-slightly.

"Not at all! It's impossible to be lost if you don't have anywhere you need to be!" She chirped, gaze focussing on the puppy-- she had a fondness for children, though she hadn't met many. "Out with your little one, hey? 's nice." She wagged her tail a little more before shaking herself, fluffy black coat whipping wildly and moving more than the rest of her. It's a little too damp and squishy here for my tastes. I'm only here 'cause I'm looking for a plant. Doesn't appear to be here, though." She let out a tiny 'gruff' sound in annoyance.

"Is this your packs territory? It doesn't smell like it, but I'll get right out if it is." She couldn't take any chances-- if a male and his pup were here, it was entirely possible that this area was newly claimed by a pack. And she certainly didn't want to get on anyones bad side
OOC: My upmost apologies for not getting back to this asap ;' ;

The woman was so talkative, and it was almost hard for him to keep track of her, he was quiet as she spoke, letting out a possible excitement of seeing someone. He had that problem when he had been isolated his whole life with no one to talk to but his sister. Times changed now, and he had been a part of a pack for over a year. He had a smile on his face, and could feel Jiva turning shy on the woman and hiding behind his legs, he chuckled and looked up when it seemed like she was through.

"Well sometimes it's hard just to find the way out of the forest, a wolf could get claustrophobic in these trees. I'm sorry you can't find what you are looking for. There are many healers around here, they have herbs, maybe you can find one and trade with them? Maybe for knowledge as to where these plants are?

She had indicated Jiva, but the boy was acting so shy that Niro couldn't help but feel bad for the boy. This was his first time out of their territory so Jiva was probably feeling much too exposed for his own good.

"There are no worries, these lands are actually not claimed by any pack or individual that I know of. You will know right away if you are near a border, if not then you would need your sense of smell checked right away.

He gave her a bright toothy smile at that. he was sure that she had a wonderful sense of smell. And some borders had more than just a scent, places like AniWaya had a fence, Inferni, skulls, even Cercatori had art at their border. He wouldn't mention those and figured he would let her find that one out eventually.
((OOC: It's fine. And I'm sorry mine is a touch late-- lost internet for a while.))

"I guess, but if all else failed I'd just follow my own scent back out the way I came. And maybe I will find one o' them thar healers an trade 'em for some of my own medicines and handy tips, but then again... maybe not? I dunno. I know where they like to grow, but I guess they must've been picked or just never grew in this neck of the woods." She gave an exaggerated shrug before shooting a huge, bright grin at the little pup. She knealt down, broadcasting nothing but friendly body language.

"Hey there, little one! Don't worry, I won't bite. I'm the friendliest darned wolfdog you'll ever meet, guarantee it! An' anywhere, you got your dad here. You're as safe as houses with him around, eh?" She wagged her fluffy tail, glancing up at Niro with warm golden eyes.

"I didn't think so, but sometimes it takes a while for the smell to get out when its only newly claimed. And sir," She stood tall, muzzle turned up, "I should have you know that my sense of smell is excellent." She huffed, mock-offended. "There are Bloodhounds in my liniage, you know~!" She giggled, betraying her guise of seriousness.

"Aaanyway, what brings you to this delightfully soggy neighbourhood?" She grimaced a little at the dampness.
[html]

WC:359 OOC: My apologies for late reply I'mma try better come around! <3

“Sometimes the forest can be tricky and lead you astray of your scent, there’s so much moisture around here, but I’m glad you’ll be fine in the least.

He wished he could help her with her herb problem but him and plants didn’t really get along. He never paid them much mind, leaving it to those who had specialties with the things and letting them fix him up with them if he needed it. Niro smiled as the woman spoke to his son and stood with pride as she mentioned him keeping Jiva save. Jiva nosed his way from behind his father’s legs, tentatively,

“M-my name’s Jiva...”

The boy said having a little more confidence seeing she didn’t seem to want to hurt him. Niro listened as the woman explained she had a perfectly find nose and teased him slightly, in which the man gave a slightly embarrassed smile towards.

“I’m glad your smelling is fine! There are some who’s noses are questionable though.”

He said with a smile.He had to really think about why he chose the forest rather than some open fields, he wasn’t sure exactly, he just loved the serenity of the forest itself.

“My little man here wanted to do a little exploring, and He wouldn’t have no for an answer, so I took him out, nothing fancy or special.”

He gave a shrug not sure what else to say. Tobias came flying through the treetops and Niro hurried a glove on as the bird readied to land on the man’s arm. He knew Tobias was not as gentle with his claws as his golden eagle was and those were some sharp things the animal had.

“I’m so sorry for being so rude, I never introduced myself, my name is Niro Takekuro, he is Jiva Takekuro, as he mentioned, and this is Tobias, don’t worry he’s not going to hurt you unless you move your hand hear him. He’s a picky bird.”

Which was true. Tobias showed more affection towards his son than he ever did since Niro caught him.

<style type="text/css">
.niro-gift b {font-weight:bold; color:#0f0f1e; letter-spacing:1px; }
.niro-gift .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.niro-gift p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.niro-gift {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#6086af; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/FYhGD.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 220px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#cedce7; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table made by Sorin[/html]