An old flame, a new game
((Playing as Deuce Rhiannon. Set on Halcyon Mountain Smile Perhaps just before Soran arrived back?))

[Image: av-114.jpg]

She had left her little daughter Sora with Budha. She'd told him she needed a break, and that she'd be gone for a short while. She wanted to know what had become of everyone. Noah, Tal, Lucifer. All of them had left. She knew Lucifer had gone mad with drugs and was no longer the male she'd loved, nor had he been in a very long time. She followed the mountains up, leaving the lands she was living in and making her way up to Nova Scotia. Seeing familiar landmarks caused her heart to race. The Halycon Mountains. On the back side would be the old territories, burnt and useless. But on this side? On this side the heady scent of green arose. The woman stood tall, her scars and torn ear forgotten. She felt young again.

The heavy scent of something portentous came to her. Something would happen to change her life. Something would happen to her, that would change how she viewed the world. She stopped, swallowing. Her age suddenly weighed on her. She'd come a long way since she'd left. How long had it been? She wasn't sure. Would anyone even recognize her? Would her pack still be there? She regretted leaving them now, even missed Jefferson and his cranky ways. She missed her family and her friends. She wondered idely of the others she'd left behind, if they missed her or if they even remembered her. Naniko. Her adopted children, Jasper and Colibri.

She sat on a fallen log, feeling suddenly lightheaded. What had possessed her to come here? What if she decided she wanted to stay? What if she didn't stay, what if she returned to find out Adelio had finished what he'd started and killed Sora? She shouldn't have left her daughter behind, she should have insisted that Sora and Budha accompany her.

She took in a slow deep breath. Whatever happened would happen. She would find out what she needed to know, and then she would return to Unwritten, to her daughter and her friend Budha.

Little Sora...the child was named after an old flame. Soran. The white woman thought of her former mate often. She missed the dark lady, though she knew not where she was. She sighed the woman's name, wishing the breeze would carry it to her ears somehow. "Soran...."
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... table2.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Yay!!! I'm sorry that it's taken me so long to reply, my friend's internet was a bit slow... very slow lol. Yay Deuce and Soran love SmileSmile It's fine to be set then if you like?

pushitinThe slender ebony fae was walking Southwards, she had been in the scorched lands of her former home for too long now, she had seen what she has gone to see, she had wept over Phasma's grave and her pups' grave, she had torn at her fur and sobbed, she had screamed and rocked backwards and forwards, finally cleaning off the graves, making them neat and tidy. And then the ebony fae had left, brushing the ash from her fur and face, showering the ground with the white and grey specks that had littered her fur. For some reason that she could not explain Soran had had an epiphany, she had realised that there was no point mourning those who had died, wasting her life sitting beside their graves, whining pitifully, there was no point when there were perfectly good relatives just beyond these lands, living breathing wolves whom she loved, who she barely knew, wolves she had to meet, she couldn't waste her life sitting beside the graves, wasting away slowly, not looking after herself. She had to go looking for her family, for her friends, for anyone that she could cling to and say "I remember you!" Just to see a familiar face would be worth it, she couldn't expect her children and grandchildren to forgive her, not after the way she had abandoned them so seemingly willingly. She had not wanted to leave them, but there had been too much to face where they lived, too many memories tortured her, leapt upon her at night, too many bad dreams. And now she knew why she had such bad dreams, she had slaughtered Rokus, the truth of the matter was that he was very sick, as Maeve had been, he would have probably died a few moments after the lady had snapped his neck regardless of her actions, but that did not make the lady feel any better, she had killed her own son, she could never forgive herself for that. That was why she had left, she had wanted to wander, walk to complete some pennance,she had found a home along the way, she had gotten too comfortable and now that was over, it was time to go home, to her real home.
pushitinDayna had been a welcome distraction for a while, she had been a beautiful fae, pale and slender, as Deuce and Summer had both been, not as beautiful as either, but pretty in her own way, her pink eyes had been unusual, but they lacked a spark that the ebony lady's former lovers had both had. They had been puzzle boxes, filled with mystery and excitement, Dayna had been safe, solid, honest, these were all good traits, and although Soran did love her, every time she said it she felt that she was lying. The truth was she had never loved them like either of the pale fae's she had known, she would always love Summer, think upon her fondly, but she was dead, she had been dead for a long time, that chapter had closed. But she retained a heart ache for Deuce, the beautiful pale fae who had once been her enemy and become the creature the ebony fae loved more than anything else on the planet, if the truth were told the dark lady still loved her, perhaps that was why she had not managed to make it work with Dayna, she failed miserably in comparison to the beautiful pale lady. Soran thought as she walked, her fingers playing with the pentagram necklace that Deuce had given her so long ago, on the night they had officially become mates, it was a treasured possession to the sable lady, she had never taken it off, not in all the years that she had owned it. The small piece of jewellery was worth more to her than her own left arm, she genuinely believed she could cope better with a lost limb than the loss of that pendant, the weight against her throat, without it she truly would be lost.
pushitinSuddenly a voice broke through her thoughts, it had caught on the breeze, the ebony fae perked her dark ears up, straining them against the gentle zephyrs floating through the air to make sure she was really hearing what she really was hearing, it couldn't have been, could it. Soran knew that voice, she knew exactly to who it belonged, but it couldn't be, she perked her ears up again, trying to determine the direction that the sound had come from. Once she had decided which way it was coming from she took off across the rocky terrain, racing as fast as she could, bouncing from foot to foot, ears flat against her head to increase her speed, she had to find her, she just had to. Suddenly there she was, perched atop a fallen tree, her pale fur glowed with almost an ethereal light, she looked like an angel. The ebony lady skidded on her heels, suddenly stopping. She walked towards the pale lady slowly, afraid that if she moved to fast the vision before her would disappear, fading into mist, a trick of her mind.
"Deuce... Deuce, it can't be..." She said, he voice barely louder than a whisper, staring at her, refusing to blink in case the pale lady vanished.

[/html]
((Sounds good to me Big Grin Sorry for the shortness.))

The voice, and Deuce looked up. Her bi-colored eyes widened as she met the deep green eyes of the woman she'd thought long gone. She stood slowly, her eyes not leaving the face of the woman she'd loved. Still loved, if truth be told. She walked close enough to Soran that she could feel the body heat from the dark femme. She licked her lips, drawing in deep breaths. She let her hand drift up and rest against the female's cheek, her long fingers resting easily against the face she knew so well. She stared into the woman's eyes, her throat too tight to speak. Both hands now traced the curves of Soran's face and shoulder, moving restlessly as though to re-memorize the subtle curves of the body under them.

Her fingers found the chain to the pentagram, and she let her fingertip caress the smooth well-worn trinket. She laughed then and pulled Soran into a tight hug. She didn't want to let go of the woman, for fear she would vanish. "Oh, Soran...I've missed you so much."
[html]

I think these two are so cute Smile

The ebony lady stood there, frozen, motionless, her eyes roaming over her former mate, her gaze tracing every curve, every line of the pale woman she so loved. She was drinking her in, absorbing her, committing every single change to memory, so that she would always remember her pale lady perfectly. She took deep breaths, filling her nostrils with Deuce's scent, it had changed over the time the had spent apart, but it was still unmistakably her, this knowledge made the ebony lady's heart found in her chest. It was her, it had to be her, no-one could emulate that scent, no-one would be able to fake it so perfectly. It truley was her standing before her, so many memories raced through the obsidian loner's mind, the pair of them entwined together, falling asleep in one another's arms, the scent of Deuce's fur, the taste, the texture. She found herself reaching out to the fae at the same moment she reached out to her, tracing the lines of her face with her fingertips, stroking her pale cheek with more warmth and affection than the dark lady was aware she was capable of feeling anymore.

All of a sudden she was pulled into a warm embrace, for a moment she stood, frozen, still not quite believing that this was happening to her, but all at once her muscles seemed to wake up, her arms wrapping around Deuce and latching onto her tight. She buried her snout in the lady's soft pale fur, relishing in the smell and feel of it against her face again. It was home, for so long she had been wandering looking for a home, and now here it was, right before her. She clutched the woman tightly, emitting a happy whimper at the sound of her former lover's voice.
"I have missed you too, more than I can describe my love." She replied, unable to stop herself using terms of endearment that had not echoed from her lips for so long. Soran pulled away from Deuce then, looking into her bi-coloured eyes, a smile crossed her lips. Leaning forwards she gave her pale angel a lick on the cheek before pulling away from the pale lady's embrace.
"You must tell me everything that has been happening, where have you been?" The ebony fae asked, reaching for her pale lady's hand and holding it tight, although she had pulled away from the embrace she could still not bear to not be touching Deuce, she still needed contact with her, and so she laced her dark finger's through Deuce's pale ones, smiling at the contrast. She watched the other fae's face, a smile dancing on her lips as she stroked the back of Deuce's hand with her thumb.

<style type="text/css"> .sa b {font-weight:bold; color:#55494c; letter-spacing:1px; } .sa .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #275a5f;} .sa p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;} .sa {margin:0px auto; width:381px; background-color:#e7dedf; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... soran1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 430px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]
So long. It had been so very long. She didn't even know where to begin. And yet, it seemed as though they had never parted. She clung to Soran's hand, her frame trembling with joy. The horrors of the past years receeded into the back of her mind as she tried to decide where to start. "So long...I really don't know where to start. I've been living in Michigan, down on Lake Michigan, actually. I have a daughter, her name is Sora. Sora Daemon Rhiannon. Her father is dead. She had two brothers, but they were killed. Thats where the newer scar came from, and the one on my arm. When I'm in Lupus form I have a bad limp, it never healed right." She danced a finger over the jagged scar, where the fur refused to grow back. She shrugged. "I may have failed my boys, but I saved Sora, at least. I named her in your memory. She's sweet, looks just like little Willow. I never found Willow...Tal and Noah said they searched everywhere but they never found her either."

Her mis-matched eyes went distant, then returned to Soran. "Enough of my past...where have you been, beloved?"

Things could have been so different...if only the two females could have stayed together, instead of Soran vanishing after her rape. The two women would have been perfect for eachother. deuce never would have fallen to drinking. Soran could have even convinced Deuce to stay when Iskata had named Jefferson her sucessor. If only things had worked.