[M] Body Maintenance
[html]

Word Count :: 385 :: Beautiful post. And I can read your mind MUWAHAHAHAHA!

As soon as he touched her he saw the tears well up in her eyes like glistening diamonds. The moisture made her emerald orbs alight with a thousand stars and Zalen was beside himself at the sight. How many times had he seen his mother’s eyes well up like that? Lucia was more than beautiful to him in that moment and he could feel his heart pound in his chest. He placed the strand of hair behind her damp ear but he did it subconsciously as he was intently staring into her eyes. He wondered what was causing her such pain that she would cry in front of him and a part of him wished he could cry with her.

But then in an instant it was all gone as she snarled and turned away from him. Zalen could feel his stomach fall and he flicked his ears back in sadness. For a moment he was sure that he had somehow broken her dark shell to a light within, but his touch had apparently been too much for her. He felt a wave of guilt and anger rush over him and he wished that he could just take her in his arms. But he resisted these urges. She was volatile and fragile and he sensed it now more than ever. He had to be careful with her, she was like a delicate flower and he could not smother her.

But now more than ever Zalen’s whole body ached for more physical contact with her, he desired her physically now as much as he did emotionally. Had he more experience with intimacy he would have been sexually aroused but in his current situation all he could place the emotion as was affection. Taking another risk he moved swiftly to the front of her and gently placed his hands on her shoulders. He could feel how tense she was, how difficult this must be for her. Her sorrow was nearly tangible in the musty air and it made his heart yearn even more for her. He leaned forward and touched his forehead against hers, their wet noses nearly touched. He took a deep breath. “It’s ok...” He said it so quietly that it was nearly an internal thought meant for himself then a reassurance meant for her.

<style>
.freebietable-a00 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EXZoK.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 90px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
.freebietable-a00 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.freebietable-a00 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.freebietable-a00 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Poor Lucia.... She's all messed up. Tongue

It took moments. Just moments… Everything had changed. Everything Lucia thought she knew or felt, everything she thought was real… It was gone. Just like that, snatched away from her with the simple brush of her face and the warmth of feeling wanted. It brought back everything she had hated, reminded her how she ended up here. It showed her how she used to be, how she could still be… but she couldn’t. She wouldn’t. Snake had stolen that part of her when he had turned his back and walked away from everything they could have had. He gave up on the future, and now… now, Lucia was doing exactly the same.

These thoughts didn’t last though. In one swift movement, Zalen was in front of her. He had placed a warm hand on her shoulder, stared into her eyes with almost a gleaming longing, a wanting for her to let him in maybe. But she wouldn’t, even if that was the case. He would hurt her, they all would… She was smarter than that. She would block it all out, she wouldn’t give in. They just wanted to use her, wanted to tear out her feelings, destroy her mind. Lucia believed this whole-heartedly, or at least, she had done. Now she wasn’t so sure. He had twisted everything. It was all turned on its head. What was she to do? It seemed impossible to answer.

Staring back at him, her eyes still fiery from the tears and confusion, Lucia could feel as their heads touched, their heat beating against one-another. It felt good… no, it felt amazing. Listening as he whispered reassurance, it felt like she was watching herself. Her actions were automatic. Lucia was running on pure emotion now, her thoughts quiet and her paranoia locked in one of the remote wrinkles of her brain. She couldn’t think, could barely breathe. It was like she was choking, choking on emotion and she couldn’t loosen the knot.

Her arm came up from her side. It slid round the back of his neck. She stared silently into his eyes. What was she thinking? Why was this happening? Why wouldn’t it stop? Her heart pounded. Her pulse raced. She wanted to speak, wanted to walk away and never look back. But she couldn’t move, couldn’t talk. Everything was still, all she could hear was the soft mingling of their breaths.

“I…”
She began, unsure of what to say. Her voice shook, her body trembled on the inside. This was so unreal. “I can’t breathe with you looking at me like that…” She still stared at him, part of her hoping he wouldn’t look away. That he would stay just like this and let the world float on by.

“Why are you looking at me like that…?”
She asked quietly, the warmth of his breath on her face. She felt her fingers tense, almost trying to bring him closer to her. She wanted to run, she wanted to stay… she was a train wreck waiting to happen. And yet, in the silence after her words, Lucia did the one thing that she thought she would never do again.

She leant in, her mouth brushing past his. Would he kiss her back? Would he want her? She took the risk. She jumped into the abyss. Lucia didn’t know where this would take her, but right now, in this moment, she didn’t care. All she wanted was right here, in these passing seconds. He was the centre of her world right now, and as for her insecurity and opinions… she would regret this moment some other time.

<style type="text/css">
.lt b {font-weight:bold; color:#91ba5a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.lt .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #a99393;}
.lt p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.lt {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#2c3033; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 350px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style> [/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 382 :: Holy moly that was a beautiful post! You get a gold star.

Her eyes glistened like dark emeralds and he could see himself reflected in their depth. He became especially aware of her facial features being this close to her. Her ruffled fur was both soft and wet causing it to mat in clumps around her ears and cheeks. He could see the tear tracks, small paths wandering from the black corners of her eyes. He felt the sudden urge to lick these wet trails but there was still some sense left in him that held him from doing so.

Zalen could nearly hear Lucia’s heartbeat, or maybe it was his own that he felt throbbing at an expedited pace. Now that he was so close to her he wasn’t sure what he should do next. Perhaps he should prepare himself for imminent flight. But instead of her turning to run something else much more wonderful happened.

When she put her hand on the back of his neck and asked him why he was looking at her in the way he was he was at a loss for words. He could not answer her for even he did not know what caused him to gaze at her in such a fashion.

Then without warning her soft muzzle ran across his and he was done for. His mind exploded with both fear and excitement as she gave him the gentlest kiss. For a moment he just stood there completely overwhelmed by the electrical sensation running through his veins. But then, in a nearly subconscious manner, Zalen reached a paw to the small of her back and another to the back of her neck and proceeded to bury his face into the warm fur at the nape of her neck.

Lucia smelled of the forest mixed with cigarette smoke, alcohol and rain and Zalen’s head swam. His moist tongue darted forward and he tasted her. She tasted as intoxicating as she smelt. For several moments he stood there nuzzled her neck and chin before he regained himself. He brought his forehead to hers again and looked into her eyes longingly, “I’d like to see you again.” He realized that she eventually would have to leave him and his heart ached. He had to see her again, he must! She was like a drug to him now.

<style>
.freebietable-a00 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EXZoK.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 90px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
.freebietable-a00 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the epic wait! SadSadSadSad PS. Congrats on the Community Soul Win <3

Her heart throbbed, hammered heavily against her chest. For a moment she wondered whether it could break her ribs. She had felt his tongue against her neck, her eyes closing of their own accord. A twisted smile slivered over her ebony lips as she inhaled deeply; a shiver trickling down her spine. He smelt almost as good as she had earlier imagined. It was the musk of damp blood entwined with rain and a soft dribble of pine from the forest. She wanted him to stay there forever. It was as though in that moment, she was untouchable. Snake couldn’t haunt her, her mind couldn’t taunt her. Everything seemed so still, almost tranquil. But like all good things, it swiftly came to an end.

As he rose to meet her gaze, their heads touching and eyes locked upon each other, Lucia’s smile faded. Despite the longing in her eyes, part of felt he would still reject her. The seconds seemed like minutes, time was no friend to her. It wasn’t until he spoke that her thoughts slammed on the breaks. It was the last thing she had expected him to say.

Her mouth parted, almost like it had dropped in shock. Tightening her grip around his neck, she felt her knees buckling beneath her. She had been here before. This was all too familiar. “I…” Her tone shook, trembled with uncertainty. She could feel her slender digits slipping from the base of his neck; feel her body wanting to run as fast as she could in the opposite direction.

She dropped her gaze, staring bitterly at her feet. She could feel the muscles twitching in her legs. Perhaps if it were a different scenario, she could have said she was cold. However, she wasn’t elsewhere, this wasn’t something she could lie about. She was nervous, perhaps even terrified of her own actions and the way she felt. Dropping her arms to her side, Lucia clenched her fists. Softly digging her nails into her palms, she savoured the stinging pain for a moment or two. Lucia didn’t want to be like this, didn’t want to feel like this. She didn’t need this… but by god, she wanted him.

It was at that moment, when the realization hit her square in the face, that her knees finally gave way. Crumpled and almost in a prayer-like position on the floor, dirt clinging to her coal-furred legs, Lucia dragged her gaze heavily upward to face the male who stood in front of her. It was almost like she was begging with her eyes. ‘Don’t hurt me’ they whispered silently, but she knew he couldn’t hear. “I… I don’t know if we can see each other again… I just… don’t know…”

Her chest burned, almost punishing her for the words that passed her lips. She was trying to be smart, trying to think before acting – but it hurt like hell. Deadlocked in her agony and history, her facade remained void of emotion. She cursed herself, blamed herself for the situation she was now faced with. She had been so certain that this wouldn’t happen again, that she wouldn’t feel anything for another male in her lifetime. Snake had burned her alive almost, he had drowned her in a sea of tears, and now she could feel it happening all over again. Such a glutton for punishment it seemed. She was Miss Impossible.

<style type="text/css">
.lt b {font-weight:bold; color:#91ba5a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.lt .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #a99393;}
.lt p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.lt {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:#2c3033; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 350px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style> [/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 443 :: Thanks! I was so happy I got it, so nice of the SA people. And ho snap, Zalen just laid it down on Lucia. XD

Zalen watched in horror as the tranquil smile that alighted upon her features so delicately faded and were replaced by remorse and pain. She slipped from his grasped and crumpled into a wet heap on the ground in front of him. He watched in shock as she looked up with him and spoke words that did not match the glint in her eyes. What had happened to this girl? He would kill them! He would rip them apart whoever they were, for hurting her so. This beautiful, sable girl, how could she be so broken? He wished he could pick up her pieces and put her together. He knelt beside her quickly and took her paw in his own.

“Lucia… please…” He looked into her emerald eyes with his apple ones, pleading with her not to say that this would be their only encounter. “I am alone here… I have no family, no burdens, I don’t even had a den yet. But I will remain in these woods, I will always be here.” His ears drooped, nearly touching the ruffled fur of his head. He suddenly felt inadequate; he had nothing to offer her. It was no wonder that she thought it best never to see him again, what use would he be to her?

Ashamed, he stood, the burning sensation now dulling in his veins to a prickly buzz. He didn’t want her to leave, she made him feel whole, more so than he had in a long time, more so then he had felt since he was with his mother, when she still lived and breathed. He looked down at Lucia, like a beautiful onyx statue on the ground, cold and lovely. Zalen was suddenly aware of the lack of her heat, her smell so close to him, though it only had been moments since they had released their embrace. “If it were the right time… I would have you as my mate. But it cannot be so now.” He was shocked at the words he had just spoken, but realized they were the truth. Lucia was everything he wanted, but he was not ready to have her. He was not established here and had nothing to offer her in mate-ship. But he felt determined to be there eventually. Eyes bright with a flame that spoke of dedication, he looked at her and held up a paw to help her from the ground, “If you do not return here to find me, then I will seek you out. I will not let you go Lucia… You would have to fight me to keep me away.” And this was also the truth.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

It's a long one! Haha... Got a bit lost in this, don't you think? Smile

Time stopped. Or at least it felt that way. He towered over the kneeling female for what felt like a millennium, but just as Lucia thought he might walk away, he did the complete opposite. Now beside her, his fingers almost entwined with hers, Lucia stared at him silently. Part of her dreaded what he would say, but something inside of her, a piece of her she hadn’t felt in a long time, told her it would be alright.

His words seemed like a whisper against the pounding of her heart, but she heard them all the same. He almost seemed to be begging with her, pleading with her to say that they would see each other again. It stung her heart like a thousand wasps, eyes fighting to hold back tears. He seemed so genuine, so caring… but she had thought that once before. The dark female was confused, uncertain of anything. The one thing she had been sure of was now a shadowing memory, a small whisper in the howling winds of her mind. Hatred for everything and everyone… but as much as her mind tried, shoved against the feelings of her heart, taunted her with flashbacks of Snake, she found it impossible to hate this dark male who pleaded with her now.

About to speak, her words failed to appear as her companion rose to a stand. Following his movements with sullen eyes, Lucia remained silent. She couldn’t find the words to say, couldn’t wrap her mind around what was happening. It almost felt like some sort of twisted dream, as though Zalen would spontaneously combust and Snake would take his place. Part of her prayed for this, longed for an escape from the unusual situation that she found herself in, but in some remote corner of her fractured heart, she wished for nothing but reality to stay just like this. She didn’t want to fight with herself nor have to convince herself that she hated this male. She didn’t want to be confused anymore.

Torn from thought, his words floated gracefully through her skull again. It calmed the hurricane that twisted the corridors and ripped the locked doors from their hinges. He seemed to bring a deranged sense of peace to the ebony female. There was determination in his voice, a strong sliver of promise wrapped within his words. It was then that Lucia knew she would not be able to escape this warped reality as easily as she had thought. There had been a new development, a new bullet point on the list of things that made this entire thing the most bizarre encounter Lucia had ever had. He appeared obsessed… and yet, in all honesty, so was the obsidian frailty that knelt before him. Deep inside her heart, amongst the twisted wreckage and smouldering flames, she knew he could be the water to douse the flames. He could be the one to pull her out of the fire and into his arms. But the question still remained. Would she allow that? Could she allow that? It wasn’t a matter of wanting anymore; it was simply a matter of whether the last remaining speckles of sanity could handle even more heartbreak.

Staring at his hand, she sighed heavily. Her chest rose and fell gracefully, despite all the chaos that seemed to be unfolding inside and outside of the woman who knelt before her saviour. Bringing a shaky hand towards him, she took his hand slowly. As their fingers connected again, she could almost feel the strange connection between them unfold into the atmosphere. Her flesh burned, and yet a cold breeze seemed to whip around her. Was this a sign or was she reading too much into everything? She didn’t know, and right now, she didn’t care. All she cared about was those apple coals that stared at her, and she stared right back.

Giving the faintest smile, barely visible upon her ebony lips, Lucia stood. Her fingers still tangled in his. A few more silent moments passed, the wind dying down and no longer toying with the instability of the ebony female. Finally, her lips parted, her eyes never moving from her male companion.

“I understand what you are saying Zalen, I really do. If I’m honest with you, it is very flattering. I haven’t heard someone say such things in a long time… if ever.”
She paused, trying to read his face for a reaction, but she came to a blank. She continued to speak, her eyes glued to his. “I do not care that you claim to have nothing. Have you looked around you lately? This is my home. I have less than you I think you’ll find. But despite that, I respect your decisions and I admire your determination… If I do not seek you out, it will not be a decision of my own making. I too wish to see you again. You bring a light into my heart. And for that I thank you… Saviour of my sanity…

Her voice was soft, gentle. The end was barely a whisper. She had no more energy to fight him anymore, and it seemed very clear that fighting would do nothing more than encourage him to try harder. It was all very surreal, and in some strangely beautiful way, inspiring. She was going to turn her life around. The past that haunted her… it would become no more.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 339 :: Oh Laura you make me cry with your beautiful posts, I wish I could write like you! I’m going to close this thread out now, but duuuhhh of course we have to have another one to continue our obsessive/love plot. XD Feel free to post a brief reaction post to this if you wish. Sorry about the slight PP.

And there it was again. That small smile upon her face, it erupted the fire once more in his heart like the breaking dawn. Once again he felt aflame when she touched his hand, like he could fly. He lifted her up and they stood before each other, looking into each other’s eyes for what seemed like an eternity, fingers entwined. He could have stood like that forever, mirrored by his female counterpart for the rest of his lifetime and beyond. But then she spoke, and with every word his soul burst forth like a cup overflowing. She had not rejected him as he had thought, but instead reciprocated what he was feeling and he felt alive for it.

He could do nothing more than stare at her as she called him the savior of her sanity. He wanted to laugh, how wrong she was, it was she who had saved him. He wanted to reveal everything to her now, but resisted. It was not yet time for that. He would reveal his dark past to her in the future but in this moment there was only light. Moving close to her once more he claimed her body in his strong arms and moved his still wet muzzle to hers in a deep kiss. His body seemed to melt into hers and he felt the deep stirrings of physical desire once more. Soon… soon…

He stood there with her, tasting her, drinking in her scent like sweet wine, for several bliss filled moments before he loosed her. Reluctantly he released this dark angel and stepped back. “The hooves of a thousand horses could not keep me from you.” he said as he pushed that delicate strand of hair from her face once more and at that moment a ray of freshly revealed sunlight split through the tree tops and illuminated them. Zalen turned to walk away, but stopped once more to look at her and emblazon her visage upon his memory, and then, like a shadow, he was gone.

<style>
</style>
[/html]