-----------------------------------

How you found 'Souls?:
The wonderful Google!!

Are you joining a pack?:
Loner

If joining a pack, are you joining IC or OOC?:
IC if I choose to join

Profile or writing examples:

--------------------------------------------†Courage && Strength†--------------------------------------------------------
Her hand was shaking under the weight of the gun. Her quiet sobs made her chest and diaphragm heave shaking her body. Black hair was plastered to her face and the back of her neck with sweat. She squeezed her eyes shut, letting the lids burn white before opening them again. The weight of the gun was almost too much for her hand to keep up. Like a small boulder. She felt her muscles burn and body shake. The stress was almost too much. The cuts she had gained within the last hour burned and stung as sweat got in them. Makeng the smallest cut feel like it was being bombarded by thousands of tiny needles burrowing deep into her skin, almost all the way through.

She heard her sons cry from in his room and it made her think of why she was really fighting this man. She was fighting for him. So her son wouldn't have to grow up calling this man daddy. So she wouldn't have to live fearing that he was hurting her pride and joy. Yes... he had harmed her more times than she cared to count. She had just taken it, but no more. Tonight she had had enough. She focused her attention on him as he propped his self up on his hand from the floor. He acted like he barely saw the gun. God how she'd love to just tear that smug face of his off. To beat it til he couldn't even stand to look at himself in the mirror. But no, there had been enough of a fight. If she was going to finish this, she had to do it right and fast. She clicked the hammer back on the gun with her thumb. Squaring herself up she raised the gun up so it was level with the middle of his forehead. When she pulled the trigger all she heard was a loud noise and his body was laying on the floor.

She collapsed to the floor and sobbed uncontrollably. Her nightmare was over. He was gone... She tried to get her legs beneath her but found that she couldn't. Crawling to her sons room, she reached over the side of the crib and grabbed him. She cradled him and sobbed. She sobbed because she had probably just done her son and herself the biggest favor anyone could ever do...

-------------------------------------------------†Harshness && Truth†-----------------------------------------------------

Her boots sounded like thunder against the side walk as she walked down the dark empty street. Putting her lipstick-stained cigarette between her lips, she fished in her pocket book for the key to her apartment building. Feeling the cool metal on her fingertips she grasped the small silver key. Breathing in deep, she took in he last drag of the cigarette. She then flicked it into the street as she turned to step onto her stoop.

The apartment building wasn't too horrible but it wasn't the Ritz either. Two bedrooms allowed her to have a roommate to split rent with. Even though it was a pet friendly apartment the conditions were relatively decent. Her roommate being a clean freak helped too. Terra walked up the two flights of stairs to her floor. Sitting on the floor in front of the room was a folded piece of lined notebook paper. Shaking her head, Terra picked up the piece of paper and nudged the door open with the toe. Her roommate was flipping out again. She tended to do this about once or twice every few months. She'd throw a total hissy fit. Crying, yelling, harming herself, threatening to kill herself, threatening Terra herself as well as threatening other people. She had told her roommate numerous times that she needed to seek help but she hadn't listened. Tonight was night the night to mess with Terra though.

Terra worked at a bar with most of her time. It wasn't a classy job and didn't pay the greatest but it was a way of paying for the bills and her habits. Some days were better than others but tonight was horrible. The crowd was rowdy and uncontrollable. So many fights had happened and wound up on the bar. She smelled like alcohol from head to toe. She was sore and had some broken glass in her arm. Needless to say she was irritated, angry, tired and wanted a shower so she was not looking forward to walking in this apartment.

She heard the sobbing as she walked through the threshold. It was uncontrolled and fake sounding. Kicking her foot back Terra closed the door with a loud bang that made the sobs pause for a moment. Not even stopping to see where she was at, Terra walked through the living room and into the kitchen to the refrigerator. Taking a beer out of the refrigerator she looked into the open living room. Her roommate, Heather, had come into the living room and plopped herself into the middle of the floor. Her blood was spilling from the outside of her upper thighs. She did this so she didn't leave any marks on her pretty little arms that she'd be ashamed of. Her cry and tears were as fake as a childs. Terra sat on the couch in front of her and put her boots up on the table. Taking a swig of her beer she stared at Heather.

Heather was a small, slightly built middle aged woman. She had dark brown, straight hair that she hated and green eyes that she wished were brown. She was truely pretty in her own way but she didn't think about it that way. She thought that only tanned, skinny, blonde haired girls were beautiful. The only reason Terra knew this is because one of the hissy fits she threw was about her looks.

"Are you just going to sit there and let me cry?" Heather said, her puffy eyes looking at Terra and her voice cracking. Terra just rolled her eyes and took another swig of beer as an answer. Heather took out a straight razor and went to cut herself again.

"Don't stain my carpet."
"Wh-what?"
"Do. Not. Stain. My. Carpet." Terra emphasised every word, looking Heather straight in the eyes. She was tired of Heathers bull. There was no sense in it and it was childish. The days of Terra caring what she did to herself was over and it was just about time she realized it. Tonight was going to be a night of harsh reckoning and undying truth.

"Th-that's all you have to say?" Heather sniffed, clutching the razor. "Your not going to stop me? Not going to do something, anything, to help me?" Heathers eyes welled up with big crocodile tears and her hands shook. It was a pitiful sight and anyone that walked in the door and didn't know her would have done anything to help her and cooed in her ear that she was a poor poor girl and everything would be alright. Terra knew better. This was a act. The nerves in Heathers legs had long since been shot and she couldn't feel any of the cuts she had made. She didn't do this because the pain released her. She didn't have an urge like Terra did and had since she was a young teenager. She did this for the attention.

"Yes, that is all I have to say. Don't stain my carpet. Don't get blood where I'll wind up having to clean it up. And keep the sobs quiet so I can relax." Terra put the beer bottle up to her lips and drained it. Heathers green eyes stared up at her, wide as saucers. "What? Did you think I was going to come in here and save you? That I was going to be your Superman, scoop you up, and tell you that you'll be okay and life wasn't all that horrible?" Terra laughed. It was a horrible thing to do, she knew but it just happened and she wasn't about to try and stop it. "Superman got shot with Kryptonyte. Your Fairy godmother got her wings clipped. Spiderman got squashed. Batman jumped off too high of a building. The knight in shining armor was a appitieser to a dragon. And no one else cares. So you get me. So stand yourself up, build yourself a bridge and either jump off it or get over it." Terras blue eyes bore into Heathers green ones and dared her to say another word.

"B-b-but-"
"But what? But I don't know? Really? I know more about you than you do about me. Which is it this time? The boyfriend not able to stand you anymore? Parents not giving you any money so you can sit on your ass and do nothing all day? Which is it?" Heather opened her mouth to say something but Terra cut her off. " Your spoiled. When I was little we had to work. Work to build our house cause we couldn't afford to get anyone else to finish it. My father was useless to me. Scared me. Called at least once a month to tell me he was going to kill me. I buried my mother at the age of thirteen. And buried the love of my life at twenty. Tell me. Do you know anything about loss Heather? No. Of course not. You still have every one you grew up with. So shut up. Don't talk to me about sorrows. Of life not being fair. Because you want to know something? Life's not fair. Not fair to any of us. We live to die. And until you die your going to have to put up with unfairness and crookedness."

Terra put the empty bottle on the glass top table and rolled up her sleeves. Pink scars showed on her wrists. "And where as you hide your scars I keep mine where they can be seen. People can see where I've been. And this?" Terra picked up the beer bottle and put it back on the table where it made a slight clinking noise. "I don't drink for fun... I drink to get numb."
Bumping this???
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! We encourage you to keep checking out our information; you can find a wealth of it on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once -- the guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference.

If You've Joined the Game As a...
  • ... Loner, do begin considering which of the packs you'd like to join. Survival as a Loner is less realistic -- wolves and other canines are generally social creatures, preferring to live in a pack structure!
  • ... IC pack joiner, you can now begin posting -- you may start your IC pack joining thread whenever you're ready. Make sure you check the pack information to see if the leadership requires anything extra from you!
  • ... OOC pack joiner, the leader still has to respond here before you can start roleplaying -- don't worry, though; if you're rejected from the pack you'll be titled as a Loner, and you're free to pursue other packs or the same one later.
Post-Joining Process
Mandatory:
  • Make an In Character post within five days. Post a thread request to get started, or consider starting or replying to an open thread.
  • Please let us know in the Absentee Thread if you plan to be absent for more than four days.
  • Keep reading! While there's only a minimum of three topics you have to read to join the game, we provide a wealth of information for a reason -- we expect players to read and reference this material often while they roleplay at 'Souls.
Preferred:
  • If you're leaving us, please try to let us know in the Player Updates forum. There is no penalty for leaving; you're free to re-join at any time later.
Still Need a Bit of Help?

Post any questions you may have in the Questions and Help forum. Check the FAQ first, though! The Mentors can assist you with writing, roleplaying, and understanding 'Souls concepts. Failing all else, contact a staff member.

If you need help getting adjusted to your pack, you should talk to your pack leader! They can help you to understand the pack's rank system and how to get a better rank, as well as direct you to plots, potential thread partners, and active members of the pack who may be interested in engaging you.