Shifting Distance
Shawchert had taken refuge in the treetop Terrace, ever since he learned about it he was interested, especially when he heard it had the vantage point of the whole pack. When he first saw it, he knew instantly that it needed a lot of work, and that was what Shaw needed to do, if he wasn't trying to woo Sky, who had offered him a room, by leaving her flowers and herbs at her doorstep each morning; he was out walking the borders, and now that he'd found his future home, he was building in the trees, making huts tall enough even for him to stand comfortably in. It would take him a while to finish, but when done, it would be a maze in the trees that any Luperci would die to enjoy. He could tell no one else had lain residence here, and now he was sure he could enjoy himself some solitude, though not entirely with Demetrius around, and make sure he got back on track. Today he was replacing one of the bridges, it was missing many of the steps and was quite dangerous, he'd already made the actual bridge below, but he would use a pulley system to finish getting it put up and secured. It would take him some time alone, and he did wish he had someone to help with at least this part.

He pulled one end of t he bridge which had been attached to a rope that he was pulling ove a branch, he had no elaborate pulley system, and he knew the rope he was using now could possibly only be used twice, one for one side, the other for the far side. He pulled, feeling hot, and panting as he worked, but he loved the strain that the whole job gave him, it helped build his muscles. He was a happy wolf when he was working, though he would be happiest just playing a tune, he had not touched his flute for some time. It lay on his chest, well oiled, but lifeless.
((WC: 3+ Sorry couldn't resist tossing the two males together. LOL))

The dreamer was dreaming again, a sweet smile on his face as he wandered the lands. The more he saw the sweet and beautiful Sky, the more he came to adore her. He wanted to find a way to tell her, a way that could perhaps, involve his art. She was sure to be moved by a lyrical poem. His face warmed at the thought of confessing his affection to her. He knew, and some of the pack knew from watching, that there was something between them. But what it was had yet to be defined by the two.

Sounds from above caught his attention, and the male's eyes drifted up. Though it was hard to see from the earthen floor, someone was up there, working it seemed. Curiousity got the best of him, and he started his way up a ladder nearest the commotion. The poet was careful not to slip, he didn't wish to break a limb, though spending several days in the company of the medic was a very pleasant thought to him. A smile brushed his lips at the idea as he poked his head up. His heart stuttered and sank as he recognized the male tugging on the pulley. Shawchert. He wanted to vanish, but it wasn't as if his ascent had been silent. He was stuck.

A spark of anger grew in his chest towards the other male. If Sky knew he was back...it could ruin what was blooming between the two. He swallowed, then hoisted himself up onto the platform. It seemed as if the male was struggling, and Tal slid in, wordlessly grabbing the rope and helping to hoist whatever was on the other end.

The very unlike him thought of just pushing the male off came to mind, a very Lucifer-like impulse. Tal wouldn't do it. Whatever happened between himself, Shaw, and Sky would happen. Tal would accept whatever choice Sky made in the end, though he would have to confess his feelings to her sooner than expected. To loose her would hurt him, but he would survive. After all, it wasn't like they were mates or anything.
OOC: Demetrius is invisible to Tal, and, shaw is silly XD
-------

Shawchert was focused on his task at hand, but he had seen the figure of Taliesin come to investigate, but neither man offered any greeting. The white male in fact began helping Shawchert pull up the bridge that would be secured to one of the much more sturdier limbs of a tree. He had no idea what was going on in the mind of the other male, nor the predicament he had put him through just by coming back. Shawchert after all had never planned on staying away forever and had made that clear in the letter Sky had never read. He was upset that she didn't. Things could have been different, she wouldn't have been so cold towards him and they could further their relationship, but it seemed he had not had her full trust and soon she was mourning him, and then to her she was nothing until he came back where she made it blatantly known she was VERY unhappy with him. He couldn't lie to her, and he didn't, he had to go, he had to find his mother, save her from the fate that was waiting for her. He had made it too late... He had a hard time focusing for a second being reminded of his mothers open stare as blood came from her mouth and the open wound in her heart.

It was Demetrius that woke Shaw from the sudden vision by making a slight noise to bring him to reality, only a noise the man himself could hear. There was a a haunted look upon his face, and the man shook his head, finishing the tie and working on the other side. Once done he looked over at Tal and smiled greatfully at the man

"Thanks for the help, it's tough, especially getting the one side up. It's good to see you Taliesin. Your boy doing well?"

He assumed that because the young pup wasn't with Tal, he was actually growing up and learning to be a young man, learning his independence. Shaw tugged at the roped and looked down, knowing that he had to finish this bridge, it was no hanging by one side, he had to finish securing it on the other side. He would soon, but for now he had broken the silence and greet his old friend. One of the last people he had invited in the pack borders since he had lost his leadership.
He wanted to do something, anything, but instead of harming the other male, Tal smiled. It was a warm and welcoming smile, as if the thought of killing the male had never crossed his mind. Tal wasn't that kind of guy. He was happy to see Shaw back, really. Yes, it complicated things for him, but it meant an old friend was home and safe. "It's good to see you, Shawchert. Liam's doing well. He's a handful most days anymore. But I think he got over wanting to jump on people to greet them." He laughed softly, offering out a hand for a warm welcoming handshake.

It was true, Liam was doing good. He just valued his independence more than anything else. The boy wasn't like his father, wanting to wander, but not wanting to wander too far from home. The boy was more like his grandmother Deuce. Full of wanderlust, always exploring someplace new, unwilling to settle in one place for long. He did have his father's drive for learning, but the boy wanted more hands on experiences, rather than book learning. Sadly, Tal was more of a scholar than a warrior, and that was a disappointment to his son.

Tal looked at the bridge. It was obviously a bridge, but he felt compelled to ask why. "So....what exactly are we doing?" He chuckled, amused at what came across to him as himself being rather dimwitted. "I mean, I can see it's a bridge. But why? What for?" He'd never actually been up in the treetop terraces before.
Shawchert smiled, but his normal chuckle that came after never came. He was a much harder man, but that did not make him love life less.

"I should hope he doesn't try to still, I'm sure he's as big as you are by now! Or close to it!"

It had been some time since he saw the boy, and his father for that matter so he didn't know how big he was, but he was imagining a full grown wolf pouncing on someone in excitement. Shaw too Tal's hand and shook firmly, though it was not his normal custom, he knew about it and did not want to offend.

"This is an old tree village it seems. I like it, it's out of the way, and I can see all of the lands from here. No one will ever get past my eye again. I'm going to be living here. And if a few others want to they can, the bridges are to get from one house to another. I'm making sure they are sturdy even through the toughest of snowstorms."

Shawchert said with a finality. He was determined to rebuild the small community even if he was the only one who lived here. He was on his way to making his own adjusted home, where he wouldn't have to stoop down the whole time. The high ceiling would be hard, especially to make sturdy, but he'd found the perfect tree for that. For now he was fixing up the bridges.

"Can you watch this side while I pull up the other side? just make sure to tell me if it tilts a little."

He said, hoping the other man was willing to help more. He unhooked the pulley he had on a branch and started to climb down, giving the man enough time to decline or accept as he moved down one tree and started up another.