Heaven can wait, I Know Heaven Can Wait!
[html]

Word Count :: 538 :: Out of Character: cousin Barrett plzzz <3 +5

What a wanderer at heart! The woman had found herself way outside of Inferni lands this afternoon, departing early in the morning, before the sun rose, and getting to where she was know, somewhere between Cercatori d'Arte, and Cour Des Miracles, but mostly towards the kingdom of mutts. She had yet to meet someone from there, but one day, she wanted to visit there. The orche and coal woman had found herself wandering past their kingdom today, if only because there was something pulling her more south of there. The thing that would distract her from these journeys would be the urge to get some water, and to perhaps take a swim. After all, this woman did love the water. If she had gills, she would be in the water more than on land. This was obvious.

She had found herself not at the ocean, but at a lake, which was just as good as the ocean, actually better for fishing. She could use something to eat too, for her belly was complaining about getting food some time well into the afternoon. She hadn't had her spear that she used to fish normally, so she had to make one on the spot she decided quickly. Valkyrie went to a tree that had some gnarly branches that would work for her purpose. She took down the easiest one to break down and she took her knife that had been attached to her belt and she opened the knife and started to carve at the end of the branch that she found to be good for her spear tip. She sat along the bank and carved her spear that would be used to catch the coywolf some yummy fish for lunch. She was so excited that her stomach growled again, and she giggled lightly. I know tummy, ya' are gonna get some food soons, I promise. she spoke to herself and she patted her tummy for a moment before she continued to make her spear.

It took her about twenty or so minutes to get a good solid point on it that could pierce flesh like it would need to do for her to catch her a meal. Hextor could help with herding the fish toward her, but he could not see them good enough with his one good eye to where he could hunt all too well so she was on her own. He would help her by flying around, but this was all he was good for now. He would take flight from his perch that he had taken when the woman sat down and it would happen when she stood back up from her spot. She went to the shore and got herself about ankle deep before Hextor would chime down at her that the fish were coming her way. Once a fish had gotten in her sight, she was quick to strike out with her spear, luckily hitting it right in the chest and she was able to pull the wiggling fish and spear from the ground, and she let the fish suffocate and she threw it to the shore. She wanted to get another fish for her friend, Hex. So she would go in for round two..

<style>
.freebietable-a02 b {color:#7e548b; }
.freebietable-a02 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EsV88.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 90px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
.freebietable-a02 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.freebietable-a02 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.freebietable-a02 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Big Grin

Barrett Poer de Aika XIII

He'd come to Halifax to escape Crimson Dreams, and now he was heading back into the countryside to escape the city. He wondered how long he could keep this up—how long could he ping-pong back and forth between the two places, leave a mess in one, and steal away to the other while the storm blew over? Any sane, responsible individual would find his recklessness troubling, but it was amazing how the immature mind could warp mistakes into victories, and how time could trivialise anything. He didn't wonder out of apprehension or guilt, no; he wondered how much longer he could get away with it.

The yearling had taken some lesson away from the past two weeks, of course, albeit not one priests or parents would necessarily meet with approval. He wouldn't curb his desires or act less impulsively, he'd just be a little smarter about it. As the saying went, he wouldn't shit where he ate; ladies from Crimson Dreams were out of the picture. He'd keep his nose open; accidental pregnancies really were inexcusable in their species. If he'd gotten off scot-free before, he'd be unstoppable now!

Barrett was back, and just in time: he still had that other matter to address. Nevertheless, finding a new crib to crash had nothing on everything else that had gone down recently. He wondered where he'd look first when he got back home—this time, he'd stay away from anything that could possibly be construed as a major landmark. If he was going to stick around the pack more, he needed his privacy... he didn't want anyone else setting up shop only fifteen minutes down the block again.

Usually he wouldn't give a second thought to where he slept, but he decided having somewhere to escape the rains might be nice, at least when they cooled in the fall. The few drops that fell steadily through the thick vegetation now were refreshing and welcomed; if nothing else, they gave him a good excuse to let Helix roam around the top of his head as he wove through the undergrowth on all fours. Ahead the forest cleared, however, and his ears pricked forward as he caught the sounds of something too big to be a raindrop splashing in the lake.

He emerged from the tree-line and peered at a young woman, who was apparently teaming up with an owl to catch some fish. His eyes rolled up to regard Helix briefly; snails weren't useful companions by any stretch of the imagination, but he liked the thing anyway. He considered leaving her to it—it wasn't like him to interrupt strangers when they were busy—but it was pretty interesting watching the pair work as a unit. It was a different sort of relationship than what Zeke had with Viggo, or Pixie with Magic—this hybrid working with another predator. He padded forward cautiously to get a better look, moving in a broad sweep so he wouldn't come up unexpectedly behind her. He whined gently to alert her of his presence, but said nothing.

Image © wwarby@flickr · Font — Just Me Again Down Here · Table — Kiki
<style>
.bpdaXIII-graffiti {width:450px;margin:0px auto;font-family:Verdana, arial, sans-serif;font-size:11px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .ooc {text-align:right;font-size:10px;padding:0px;margin:0px;line-height:11px;letter-spacing:.25px;word-spacing:.5px;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .content {text-align:justify;background-color:#5a4227;border:1px solid #ffffff;outline:1px solid #000000;padding:220px 10px 0 10px;color:#E2860C;background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... iki-bg.png);background-position:top left;background-repeat:no-repeat;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .content .name {text-align:center;font-family: 'Just Me Again Down Here', arial, serif;font-size:49px;color:#e8a605;text-shadow: 0px 0px 3px #000000;padding:0px;margin:0px;padding-bottom:9px;text-indent:0px;background-image:none;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .wc {text-align:right;font-size:10px;padding:0px;margin:0px;line-height:11px;letter-spacing:.25px;word-spacing:.5px;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .credits {text-align:center;font-size:10px;padding:0px;margin:0px;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.25px;word-spacing:.5px;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .credits a:link, .bpdaXIII-graffiti .credits a:visited {font-size:10px;text-decoration:none;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .credits a:active, .bpdaXIII-graffiti .credits a:hover {font-size:10px;text-decoration:none;border-bottom:1px dotted;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .content b {color:#1591a1;letter-spacing:1px;word-spacing:1px;text-shadow: 0px 0px 3px #144DC6;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .content p {text-indent:30px;background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... indent.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top left;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 440 :: Out of Character: Thanks for the quick reply, I really needed it <3 +3

She'd been minding her own business, and fishing, her entire focus on watching her friend's shadow move over the surface of the water as well as the fish flocking away from the shadow underneath the water. She watched as the group of fish had moved towards her, and when they were close enough she struck again, this time getting two fish on the same pole. Damn, she had been lucky. She didn't get to claim her other prize before a whine would enter her large ears. She turned her head towards the sound and her gamboge eyes landed on a male whom had the most dashing coat color! She smiled and giggled in his direction before holding up one finger to the male, telling him that she would be a moment since she still needed to wade out to her catch. She turned away from the male again and regardless of getting her dress wet, she pulled out the spear and it's contents that let out blood from their wounds. She held it above the water and turned back to the shore and hurried to greet the male whom had been waiting there. She did not know him, but this did not discourage her from being excited to meet him. He was dashingly handsome so she didn't mind talking to him.

Hextor took his perch to a tree closeby while Valkyrie walked up to the shore and then shook her fur of whatever water she could have and then she actually ended up slipping out of her dress and hanging it on a branch to dry. She took her prizes from the spear they were on and she had put the spear down on the ground and walked over to the male. Hey 'here! Mah name's Valkyrie de le Poer, who're you, handsome? the woman asked, of course not knowing that this man was of the De le Poer line, as well. She went up and sat down on the grass close by and she patted the ground to invite him to come over and sit and eat with her. Ya' want some? I'm willin' ta' share! the woman spoke cheerily to the male. She found no reason to be greedy and keep her food because she clearly had caught more than what she would eat as well as Hextor. Speaking of Hex, Valkyrie turned her head to the bird and then pointed her finger at the lone fish she had left on the floor. Thats one is ferr ya', Hextor! she told the bird whom searched the beach for the food before swooping from his branch to get it.

<style>
.freebietable-a02 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/EsV88.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 90px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
.freebietable-a02 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Sorry this one wasn't as prompt...
but I guess you're already approved now anyway Big Grin

Even from this distance, her presence was very intense; was it that vibrant (somehow familiar) coat, her animated gestures or expressive face, that lively energy? Whatever the case, he found his tail thumping behind him while he waited for her to wrap up her aquatic exploits. Such high spirits were bound to be contagious, and Barrett was always a sucker for a friendly face. The teen watched carefully as the woman retrieved her prize, finding the juxtaposition of adept spearmanship and bubbly femininity both amusing and alluring. He flashed a winning smile as she approached, quickly complimenting her catch: “You must be a good shot with a sharp eye, to fish in this weather.” Refraction made underwater coordination troublesome enough—with the steady plip-plop of rain droplets breaking up the surface, it had to be even harder.

As if on cue, there was a break in the clouds and the rain stopped. Barrett watched as she shook and disrobed, his eyes freely drinking in the curves of her youthful body while she was preoccupied with stringing up her outfit. Fortunately, he knew how to cop a peak subtly, because... oh, that would have been embarrassing. de le Poer, really? He supposed he shouldn't be surprised—and now that she'd said it, he realised her unique coat colour wasn't so unlike his grandfathers'. “Barrett—Poer de Aika XIII,” he replied. He found his excessively lengthy surname cumbersome and pretentious, but right now, it felt necessary. “Should've guessed you were another de le Poer; we've got all the good looks, eh?” he joked, puffing out his chest and beaming at her ridiculously. He'd made the same mistake; might as well laugh it off and move on.

“Can't say no to a free meal, thank you” he said with another swing of his tail. “You guys make quite the team,” he added, watching the owl closely. Hextor, eh? “Admittedly Helix here ain't quite as useful... but, uh, he glows in the dark?” he tried lamely, punctuating the sarcasm with a quiet laugh. Few seemed to understand his humour, but he always tried anyway. He looked up for the little snail, which was still crawling around on top of his head somewhere.

<style>
.bpdaXIII-graffiti {width:450px;margin:0px auto;font-family:Verdana, arial, sans-serif;font-size:11px;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .ooc {text-align:right;font-size:10px;padding:0px;margin:0px;line-height:11px;letter-spacing:.25px;word-spacing:.5px;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .content {text-align:justify;background-color:#5a4227;border:1px solid #ffffff;outline:1px solid #000000;padding:220px 10px 0 10px;color:#E2860C;background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... iki-bg.png);background-position:top left;background-repeat:no-repeat;font-size:11px;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .content .name {text-align:center;font-family: 'Just Me Again Down Here', arial, serif;font-size:49px;color:#e8a605;text-shadow: 0px 0px 3px #000000;padding:0px;margin:0px;padding-bottom:9px;text-indent:0px;background-image:none;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .wc {text-align:right;font-size:10px;padding:0px;margin:0px;line-height:11px;letter-spacing:.25px;word-spacing:.5px;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .credits {text-align:center;font-size:10px;padding:0px;margin:0px;line-height:12px;letter-spacing:.25px;word-spacing:.5px;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .credits a:link, .bpdaXIII-graffiti .credits a:visited {font-size:10px;text-decoration:none;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .credits a:active, .bpdaXIII-graffiti .credits a:hover {font-size:10px;text-decoration:none;border-bottom:1px dotted;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .content b {color:#1591a1;letter-spacing:1px;word-spacing:1px;text-shadow: 0px 0px 3px #144DC6;}
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .content p {text-indent:30px;background-image:url(http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l53 ... indent.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top left;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 345 :: Out of Character: No problem, these last two weeks have been hell for me so it made me really slow. +3

She was happy that the male waited for her to get done with her hunting before they had conversed. He did call words out to her though, and she giggled lightly. It had been hard to get the fish with the surface breaking with the raindrops, but she knew what was raindrops and what was fish shadows in the water, so she fared pretty well. This and the fact that the woman had done this many times before, for this was the woman's favorite meal. She looked at the male with her gamboge eyes shining with curiosity of whom this handsome man was. When he would introduce himself, she would cock her head at the long name. She thought her title was long, but his was even more so! She chuckled again. It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr.Barrett she spoke to the male, bright smile locked on her lips. He commented on their family line and how beautiful every individual was in the family. She did have to agree that the de le Poers were a bunch of handsome creatures. It'd be hard to find her a man that was as beautiful as she or her family. She agreed though, nodding her head. Yeah, We're lucky ta' have gotten such great genes. she commented before a question would pop in her mind.

The male then spoke of how her and hex were a good team, while his own pet, a small snail on his head that Valkyrie missed from far away; wasn't as useful. She chuckled at this and nodded her head. Itsa' been 'while since Hex an' I been huntin' t'gether, but I guess we arr' quite tha' team. Took a long time ta' get tha' way too. she spoke, nodding her head again to the male. So, since yerr family, how come ya' don't live in Inferni? An' how arr ya' related ta' me..like, who's yerr immediate family? she asked, curious of how they were related and why he wasn't in Inferni, you know, besides the fact that he looked mostly wolf.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
I hope your teeth are doing better :<

“Barry's fine,” he suggested gently, his mellow tone and casual word choice an Aesopian cue that such formalities were unnecessary. They were family; she also appeared older than him, if not by much. “And likewise,” he added quickly. The care-free yearling always welcomed chipper company, and this effervescent relative of his certainly fit the bill. He, too, wondered how closely they were related—but the thought slipped away as she elaborated on her relationship with the owl. “That's pretty boss,” he observed, flicking a fly away with one black velvet ear. Bloody things must have locked onto her catch already; his tummy gurgled quietly at the thought. But as a true gentleman (well—that was debatable), he refused to touch the proffered food until she dug into hers.

“And uhh, I'm… only really distantly related to Zeke 'n Gabe and all,” he explained. He understood most de le Poers kicking around these parts were descendants of Damian, not Azrael. Anselm told him all about these two major family branches once upon a time, but the details escaped him right then. “Immediate family's mostly wolf, anyway,” he clarified, figuring this was explanation enough for why he hadn't settled in the coyote clan. “Anyway, Maserati's my mum, but she only passed through this region briefly a couple years ago. Grandpa Anselm used to live in Inferni, though,” he tried, supposing she might have at least heard of him. “How 'bout you?”

<style>
.bpdaXIII-graffiti .content .wotd {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000;border-bottom:1px dotted rgba(0,0,0,0.2);}
</style>
[/html]