The waiting game
Backdated to July 9, 2011
Mid-day
Preferably I would like to meet someone new
Saxif is in Optime form.

[html]

WC: 228

The young huntress had been perched in a tree all morning awaiting a deer to come in her bow’s range. It had been a waiting game and though she could have easily hunted it down in her Secui form she wanted a chance to test her aim. She had tracked its course and had strategically placed herself in the tree… but the deer refused to get in range. It was almost as though it knew she was there so it was taunting her. Grazing like it was perfectly safe. That was silly though it had not made eye contact once nor had it gave any notion to her whereabouts. She guessed it was just bad luck and poor choice of position. She liked the idea though, it was less risk of spooking the deer and if she had lucked out it would’ve become a closer target.

Just then it perked its head and pointed its ears, Saxif took a listen as well. Sure enough a crack of a twig and the deer was gone. Anger built up in the blonde huntress but she took a deep breath. Who ever it was it couldn’t have been on purpose. She whispered under her breath. She was going to come down and introduce herself but figured she wait to see just who was approaching. She smiled as her new game commenced.

<style type="text/css">
.saxiftribe-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.saxiftribe b {font-weight:bold; color:#5f3f28; letter-spacing:1px}
.saxiftribe p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.saxiftribe {margin:0 auto; background-color:#242912; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/34xpa49.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 510px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#787d64; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #21241c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

I needed to do some more posting with Iby so thought I'd join this thread
The backdate works good for me.
Optime form. | +237

Ibycus

It had been almost a week since he had talked to Galileo and the thoughts of joining a pack had left his head while he was about exploring. The forest was a nice place for his wandering with the birds chirping and singing all around him. The sun filtering through the leaves of the overhead canopy making for a pleasant walk through the forest.

Ibycus' mind was elsewhere as he padded through between the trees. His arm automatically adjusts the pack slung over his shoulder to stop it from swinging into him as much with each step. His ear twitched at the sound that arose from his foot when a twig he stepped on snapped and a slight grin crawled across his face as he heard a deer run off. He didn't see it, but heard the thumps of the hooves dwindle away as it wound it's way through the trees away from him.

He missed his family and friends that he was no longer with but he still felt that it was the right decision to leave. He did not belong there and his heart was for traveling. He had left wanting to see other lands and other peoples. As these thoughts bounced around in his skull and the breeze keeping the scent from him, Ibycus was blissfully unaware of the huntress that was perched in the tree that was awaiting the idiot that scared her prey away.

Ibycus "Talks" Thinks Walks

Table lovingly created by Kaena Lykoi

<style>
.temo-b012 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.temo-b012 b {color:#171F34;}
.temo-b012-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.temo-b012-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#192A57; text-shadow:#081127 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.temo-b012-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/temo.png); height:134px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#171F34;}
.temo-b012-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.temo-b012 {background-color:#00ced1; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #171F34; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3D455B; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
WC: 267 ^_^

Saxif’s tail wagged as the sight of the wolf-dog pleasantly strolled through the woods. The fur on her neck rose as a playful reaction to her game. It was turning out to be that she was going to have more luck with this fellow than she had with the deer. She quietly pulled the bowstring over her head settling the plain practice bow diagonally across her back. She carefully pushed herself up on the branch her well-worked muscles giving her the ability to shift slowly into a kneeling position with out unsettling the leaves much. She judged the height and was sure it was a safe distance as she had attempted higher when she was a pup. She had let out a light howl as an announcement of her presence. She did not want to completely startle the male as that would prove too dangerous… for whom she was unsure. She was sure the height would make it difficult to pinpoint the direction of her howl.

Her weeks had been filled with nothing but training, work and worry. This game was a confirmation of her improving mood and just hoped the stranger had a sense of humor. If not then that would be fun too as she felt she was ready to take on anyone lately and the practice would be good. She smiled as the wolf neared the tree even after a slight change of pace. Just a few more steps. She had thought as her tail wagged quietly.

Saxif jumped landing nearly too close to the wolf-dog a large playful grin upon her face. Hi

<style type="text/css">
.saxifwind-ooc {padding:10px 5px 0px 5px; font-style:oblique; font-family: modern; font-size:11px; text-align:center}
.saxifwind-ooc i {font-weight:italic; color:#ff9999; letter-spacing:1px}
.saxifwind b {font-family: comic sans; font-size:16px; font-weight:bold; color:#ff9999; letter-spacing:1px}
.saxifwind p {font-family: roman; font-size:14px; text-indent:8px; padding:5px 5px; margin:0px;}
.saxifwind {margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... -1-1-1.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 5px 225px 5px; color:#B2B1B2; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #21241c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

| +211

Ibycus

The hair bristled on the back of his neck as a howl sounded as if on top of him. Dang, he thought to himself, I need to be paying more attention to my surroundings, never know when there might be danger lurking, and it has found me. His eyes scanned the forest ahead of him as that is where it sounded like it came from. But it also sounded like it was above too, which puzzled Ibycus.

Then suddenly he looked up in time for his eyes to follow a wolfess jumping out of a tree to land next to him. Surprise flashed on his face but disappeared quickly when he saw the large and playful grin on her face and realized that he was not in any mortal danger, at least for the moment.

A grin creeps onto his muzzle as his eyebrow raises a tad. With his Italian accented english, Ibycus responded "Hello, Signora, nice entrance." He then noticed the bow strung across her back and with a quick glance up into the tree she jumped from, remembered about the deer he had spooked only a few moments ago. A frown replaced his grin, "My apologies for spoiling your kill. Maybe I can make it up to you in the future."

<style>
.temo-b012-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#192A57; text-shadow:#081127 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.temo-b012-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/temo.png); height:134px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#171F34;}
.temo-b012-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.temo-b012 {background-color:#00ced1; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #171F34; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3D455B; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]
WC: 250

When the male commended her jump from the tree she gleefully held out her hand. I’m Saxif, Saxif Goldenfeather. She loved to meet new people especially those that seemed as pleasant as she could be. Course if he had been in the same situation only days ago she probably would have reacted in a more hostile manner. Then as the frown set upon the male’s face Saxif chuckled lightly. Please don’t worry about it, I have the feeling I was going no where with that one. Really the thing was ticking me off so good riddance. She swipes a hand in the direction of the deer’s last position. She sets her golden eyes back on the male now curious.

What are you doing way out here? Just taking a gallant stroll or do you have a destination? She wondered if the interestingly colored male was common to these parts. She liked the idea of possibly being his tour guide as in the months she has been a part of AniWaya she has come to learn these parts well. There was one thing in particular she had been dying to share with someone. She hoped he didn’t know of it so that she could view the awe that was bestilled upon her the day she came across it. He looked smart as well so maybe he would have an idea just as to what the object might be. Her excitement rose as the prospect of the adventure was building in her mind.

<style type="text/css">
.saxifwind-ooc {padding:10px 5px 0px 5px; font-style:oblique; font-family: modern; font-size:11px; text-align:center}
.saxifwind b {font-family: comic sans; font-size:16px; font-weight:bold; color:#ff9999; letter-spacing:1px}
.saxifwind p {font-family: roman; font-size:14px; text-indent:8px; padding:5px 5px; margin:0px;}
.saxifwind {margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... -1-1-1.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 5px 225px 5px; color:#B2B1B2; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #21241c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

ugh, failsause post | +163

Ibycus

Ibycus takes her hand with his and bends slightly brushing his lips on the top of her hand in the customary greeting that the wolves from his homeland had adopted from the humans. "My pleasure to make your acquaintance, Signora Saxif Goldenfeather," he replied as he straightened up. "My name is Ibycus," he finished.

Ibycus' face brightened as his frown disappeared upon realization that the other was not mad for his spoiling her hunt. "I am pleased you are not angry with me for spoiling your hunt." He responded with relief to her waving off the situation with the deer.

The happiness that he was feeling at making a new friend instead of an enemy crept into his accented voice. "I am new to the area having only arrived recently from a several month journey across the oceans." He pauses a moment in his answer. "My destination is where ever my feet take me so my eyes can behold the wonders of a new land."

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
WC: 350+

Saxif giggled lightly as it was apparent the male was of another land by how he responded to her gesture. The act managed to strike a slight heat to her skin and wondered if that was common to the newly experienced greeting. His speak was quite formal a trait of a wolf she often admired, she herself at a time was tastefully spoken. The trained habit she had hated now subsiding was very much present in Ibycus. It was kind of refreshing in a sense to see someone else act in a manner she was accustomed to. She had listened intently to the well-mannered wolf dog, a satisfied grin spreading across her face as her hopes had been confirmed.

You’ve been on the ocean? She had heard of the distances travelled by some of those in Souls. She wondered if this male had a compelling story as to why he arrived here, or even just tales of his travels. Would you like to shift your feet in a direction of my choosing? There is something amazing you must see with me. She didn’t await an answer as she had been backing away as she spoke. She was overly excited, her tail wagged happily behind her as she turned and begun the walk. On the way you have to tell me a tale of your travels.

She hoped she wasn’t being too demanding, the idea had not crossed her until after she had spoken. Seems another habit needed to be settled as his manner of speak was very much in alignment to that of her homeland. It seemed to bring that side of herself back out, the side of the Alpha’s daughter, heir to leadership. She looked down slightly ashamed that she had acted like a spoiled princess who had gotten nearly anything she demanded. That side of her was dormant in Souls until that moment. A fact that kind of lowered her mood, but only just enough to slow her tail to a steady gentle wag. She glanced back at Ibycus her golden eyes glistening with hope. … that is if you want to?

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

| +226

Ibycus

"Yes, Signora, I have traveled the ocean blue," Ibycus replied to her query, a smile on his muzzle and a chuckle from his throat as her seeming joy and happiness began to infect him. "Although, the ocean and my stomach did not get along," a frown crept across his lips but did not stay for long and was replaced by his smile as he continued, "I am glad to be back on solid land."

His curiosity piqued, [/color]"I would love to set my eyes upon a sight that you deem amazing."[/color] he said with laughter in his voice and a wag in his tail. It brightened his day to have found someone so soon that wanted to be friends and show him some of the countryside. "Lead the way and my feet shall follow you."

Ibycus pondered for a bit while she lead the way through the trees. "I do not have any grand tales to tell of my travels. I spent most of the time shipboard as crew to pay for my passage." he said with some disappointment creeping in his voice at not having any grand tales to tell. "There was a boat bound for Barbados with a load of goats and sheep. They needed someone to care for them and I being a farmer in need of passage, it was the perfect marriage of opportunity."

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Word Count :: 300+

As Ibycus matched her stride and they had set out on their path Saxif felt instantly at ease. She liked this male he seemed pleasant and humble to the huntress. She listened intently to his short explanation of what he needed to do to travel on the waters. Curiosity built up instantly. How does it look inside the ships? Were their many people travelling? The animals, how do you keep animals in the ship? She bubbled with more questions her tail wagging softly. Their destination would arrive upon them quite quickly as she would listen to his answers. Her full attention on the interesting male she had not realized they had already arrived the travel shortened tremendously by their talk. His face had seemed to change putting her views ahead of them.

She smiled brightly as she ran ahead to the large object. They call this place Des Reveurs. The first time I came here it blew me away. She struggled to properly pronounce the foreign words as she emphasized the size of a large rusting cruise liner by raising her hands up at the bow. She wished she had known just what this had been used for she knew very little on the humans of the past. I haven’t been inside yet. Do you think we should venture in? Her golden eyes bright with excitement and the thirst for adventure. She started for the entry way of the once tourist destination. Untended the age of the ship was apparent but the hull seemed perfectly intact and had been curious to see within. She saved that for just a moment such as this, for someone to share with her wonder. She looked back at Ibycus. What do you think so far? A good spot isn’t it? She smiled again more with pride at that moment.

<style>
.freebietable-a03 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/z7WRC.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 90px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}
.freebietable-a03 p.ooc {font-style:italic; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.freebietable-a03 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.freebietable-a03 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

sorry for the lateness | +245

Ibycus

With a chuckle and a smile Ibycus replies "So many questions, Signora...I was to busy to notice details, but inside the ship is dark and drab. There were a number of travelers and as to the animals, well they were not too happy most of the time with the ship tossing to and fro." He paused a moment as his stomach remembered the boat movements and protested the punishment it had gone through. "At first, the animals were kept in pens until the first storm we went through. After that, they pretty much had free reign throughout the hold and all we did was make sure they did not get into the cargo."

He stopped and stared in awe at the massive ship. It took his voice away as he took it all in. "Oh, mio signore, che è una grande nave" he mumbled as his eyes traced the ship from bow to stern. "Ho visto le foto..." he started then remembered that he was not in Italy any more. "I saw photos of these but never seen them up close and personal."

He chuckles as his eyes returned to earth to see Saxif heading for the entryway. "That sounds like fun." He replied to her interest in going inside. [color]"Wait for me, Signora."[/color] he said as he quickly caught up to Saxif. "Be careful, one does not know what kind of danger might be lurking in there." Ibycus continued as he followed her up the entryway.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
basically... awed at chandelier, dance floor, piano, etc. Add more if you like ^_^

When she entered the dark corridor she was giddy with excitement. Each step was carefully testing the strength of the aged metal. Patched of rust in the ceiling gave a slight illumination to the hall. Saxif chuckled lightly at the worried follower, nothing more dangerous than she could harbor in this place. The metal creaked loudly as it shifted to their weight. Then the main area opened to them like a sudden ocean within. The sight was breathtaking, inside things seemed to be less aged from the lack of sunlight. But the stench of nocturnal creatures was apparent. She noticed the bats first; it was a surprisingly small group. The patches of sunlight had illuminated sparkles from beneath their small bodies. They were like a ball of creatures tethered by nothing more than a string that swung with each movement of a shifting bat. The area below them was clear other than their mess. Surrounding the area apart from a raised platform and a strangely shaped wooden box were chair and tables. Apart from the tearing and rotting of fabric most of the chairs remained up upright as did the tables. All of this was below the pair of lupreci who would have to decide whether or not to test the grand stairway into the ballroom. Wow. The huntress longed to see more, to touch and smell more. She looked to Ibycus hoping his curiousity was as sparked as her own.

200+
<style>
#jn-saxifgift {width:100%; margin:0px auto;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;}
#jn-saxifgift.ooc {text-align:right;font-size:11px;padding:0px;}
#jn-saxifgift.table {background-color:#ffffd1;border:1px solid #ffffff;outline:1px solid #000000;color:#000000;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;padding:5px 0px 150px 0px;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4eHF1.gif);background-position:bottom left;background-repeat:no-repeat;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:-1px;word-spacing:1px;}
#jn-saxifgift.table p {text-indent:40px;padding:5px 55px 0px 55px;}
#jn-saxifgift.table p:first-letter {font-size:25px;font-weight:normal;color:#c4af56;font-family: 'La Belle Aurore', cursive;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #000000;}
#jn-saxifgift.table b {color:#796332;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #555555;}
#jn-saxifgift.table b:before {content:open-quote;}
#jn-saxifgift.table b:after {content:close-quote;}
#jn-saxifgift.words {font-size:10px;text-align:right;padding:0px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

finally, a moment that i can actually think of what to write. | +277

Ibycus

He followed his new friend, Saxif, up the ramp and into the large ship. "Be careful, metal corrodes faster when near the salt water..." Ibycus' warning trailed off in awe for what the humans had built in the height of their civilization. He carefully picked his way down the hall, occasionally peeking into a door as he went by.

The stench of the animals that had been living inside the ship while it sat and rusted into dust was almost overpowering his senses. That and the dust they were stirring up was giving him the urge to sneeze, but he was afraid to. Afraid that the loud noise would cause the ship to break apart with them in it. Absently, his hand rubbed the end of his muzzle getting rid of the pesky urge to sneeze.

"fare impazzire," his sneeze forgotten as his eyes took in the grandeur of the large room they entered. His eyes played over the chandelier as his voice quietly said in a whisper, "magnifico..." and his voice trailed off as his sight followed the beams of sunlight reflected and refracted by the crystals of the chandelier. His view wandered over the chairs, tables, piano, and dance floor. He had seen pictures of similar rooms and his imagination was showing him what the grand ballroom looked like in it's heyday.

"Questa deve essere stata una bella camera...,"he said with a quiet, awe filled voice that had reverted to his native tongue. Then remembering that the company he was in may not know Italian, he repeated, "this must have been a beautiful room," then continued, "back when the humans were still at the height of their civilization."

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC text

Saxif smiled back at Ibycus before rushing down the stairwell. As the final stairs came closer she had to stop abruptly for a gaping hole became apparent. She fought to keep her balance but realized it was a losing battle. She pushed forward with her arms outstretched hoping to clear the gap. Her hands clawed the other side until she was able to grasp well-secured boards on the opposite side. She grunted as she pulled herself to level ground and let out a breath of relief. Whew, that was close. Be careful at the bottom there’s a huge hole.

Her heart beat wildly as she peered over the edge a bit. The hole was clearly deep as the light seemed swallowed by the decks below. She noticed some of the edge where boards were turned up, claw marks clearly upon them. Something big must have fell through. She said as she stood shaking the final stages of her nerves running rampant. She backed away from the hole and glanced around the stairwell. About 3 steps from the hole there seems to be solid flooring. She carefully made her way over and tested the buoyance of the ground. Yup it’s sturdy. You can climb over the railing here… that is if you still want to look around. It was a playful taunt to the male for her curiosity was still great. One thing for sure was that she would definitely take her steps more carefully.

<style>
#jn-saxifgift.table {background-color:#ffffd1;border:1px solid #ffffff;outline:1px solid #000000;color:#000000;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;padding:5px 0px 150px 0px;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4eHF1.gif);background-position:bottom left;background-repeat:no-repeat;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:-1px;word-spacing:1px;}
#jn-saxifgift.table p:first-letter {font-size:25px;font-weight:normal;color:#c4af56;font-family: 'La Belle Aurore', cursive;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #000000;}
#jn-saxifgift.table b {color:#796332;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #555555;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC | +236

As he watched her disappear down the stairwell Ibycus said Be careful, he shook his head as his voice seemed to fall on deaf ears. He followed down the stairs a bit slower and more carefully. The dust that Saxif sturred up was threatening to make him sneeze.

He reached the the hole in the stairs and peered down trying to see the bottom in hopes of seeing what had made the hole. The bottom was shrouded in darkness and all he could see was the motes of dust drifting through the few shafts of light that was finding their way through the ship. It had gotten to much for his nose, AAACHOOOO!!!! His explosive sneeze reverberated down the hole and through parts of the ship around them.

After sniffing and wiping the tears away from his watered eyes, Ibycus felt better now that the sneeze that had been building up had finally made it's escape from his nose. He looks around and he proceeded to clamber over the railing at the point Saxif had indicated and carefully picked his way to her side. I am all for continuing on and looking around. his voice reverberated around them amplifying his excitement that he was feeling getting to explore something that he had only seen pictures of before. Lead on, he said as he motioned with his hand for Saxif to continue leading them deeper into the ship.

<style type="text/css">
.iby-oo1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#bec0ab; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #0a2b14; }
.iby-oo1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.iby-oo1 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#3b5543; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/1rj06.png);

background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px;

font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6d8474; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px;

word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.iby-oo1 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.iby-oo1 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Sax found the kitchen ^_^ you can lead off to their next destination if you want.

The girl took careful steps as they started to explore the area, Saxif noticed the ground was quite slick from the bats above but she disregarded it along with the smell. She could make out a back doorway and turned toward it. She had a difficult time opening the door as it seemed rust had lodged the hinges shut. She had finally managed to push open the way with a loud screech to a place filled with metal, ceramic and many tools. Saxif looked back to Ibycus obviously curious and he seemed to have an idea of what things were so she asked him. What was this room use for?

She looked over the floor to ensure it was safe to cross the threshold and started to look at each item. There were bowls, which she knew, flat looking bowls, rusted old knives, cups and many other strange shaped items. The floor felt different from wood and the metallic counters had various shapes. The light had difficulty penetrating the rusted patches all around so it was fairly dark. Saxif could only make things out with touch and going quite close to them. She wondered if the knives could be salvaged so she grasped one, she lightly tapped it against a counter top. It rang with a slight strength to it but it seemed too large for a dagger and too short for a sword.

Then a light clicked in her mind. It would be great to cut large chucks of meat. Everything in the room started to make sense and she felt a smile grow on her face. This stuff would be great in my hut. She started to gather things that she thought might be useful asking Ibycus what each item might have been used for. She placed them inside of a large pot. There… remind me to get this before we go. She had gathered all she might need for her hunter’s hut where she would prepare meats to store for the winter. It was an endeavor she hoped to fulfill and now she already had a leg up on the plan.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
Maybe you don't want me leading. lol. | +411

With some care, Ibycus picked his way through the room being careful not to slip in the bat guano. The stench that rose up and wafted about the intruders as they went across the room was not to much of a bother to him as he was used to it from working on farms throughout most of his life. When the grating noise of the door complaining rustily to being forced open by Saxif, he cringed and folded his ears back trying to keep the pain to a minimum until it was over.

He finished the trek across the guano covered floor and through the door that so recently announced it's protest to being opened and proceeded into the dark room. A few moments of just glancing around the room letting his canine eyes get used to the darkness. When he could sufficiently see and started to poke around, it dawned on him where they were, It is where the humans cooked their food, he answered her question.

Ibycus wandered around the counters and fiddled with various items that looked interesting. Some items he knew what they were used for, other things he had no clue. These humans took their cooking to a new level, he said in between describing what an item was used for or that he did not know. He glanced over to Saxif who was gathering various items into a bowl and chuckled.

His wandering eventually brought him to a large metal door that looked heavy. The huge hinges on one side of the door and the large latching handle on the other also added to the look of the door being heavy. With his usual curiosity he grasped the handle and pulled. With a click and a groan, the door gave way and opened up before him.

The food that had rotted while being sealed in the huge walk in refrigerator had produced a stench that was beyond anything that anyone had smelled and even though the molds and fungus had converted what was edible once into dirt, the stench had permeated the packaging and other stuff that did not decompose. It took a moment, but when the stench noticed the door was open, it made it's escape out into the kitchen and filled the air with putrid smells. Ibycus gagged and closed the door with a clang, What a stench! he said trying not to choke while his olfactory sense was being assulted.

<style type="text/css">
.iby-oo1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#bec0ab; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #0a2b14; }
.iby-oo1 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#3b5543; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/1rj06.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6d8474; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
hehe

The blonde gagged and coughed when the horrid stench reached her. She quickly threw her hand over her nose. Ibycus, dear me brother what demon have you released?! The huntress was quick to exit the room. She would take bat crap over that any day. She took a huge breath in relieved to be free from that room. She looked to Ibycus and felt a laugh start to bubble within her. Before she knew it she was in knee slapping hysterics. You should have seen your face. She did an exaggerated mimic of his expression. I can’t believe that smell. Can you believe that smell? She said through gasping whoops of laughter.

She threw her arm over the male’s shoulder shaking him lightly. I doubt we’ll meet anything more dangerous than that. She chuckled. Come let us see what else this place holds. She lead the male away from the kitchen. Lets make a deal, no more throwing doors wide open before taking a whiff first. She giggled.

It wasn’t far to the next corridors that lead to the quarters of the ship. She tried the first grand entryway and as she promised she carefully opened the door. With a large grin upon her maw she brought her nose to the opening and sniffed. She fought laughter as she spoke. All clear, smells like metal, old wood and little critters.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
Finally. | +260

Ibycus' eyes watered from the horrible stench as he followed Saxif on a quick exit from the kitchen. He wiped the tears from his eyes as took in several deep breaths clearing his sinuses of the horrid smell that he released from the defunct walk in refrigerator. A smile crept onto his muzzle as Saxif's laughter infected him and he chuckled.

With laughter in his voice as he watched her screw her face up trying to show him what he looked like, he replied, Signora, He chuckled, The look on your face when you got a whiff of the stench was just as bad. He could not hold it in any longer and laughter came from him as he joined her in the hysterics with the noise echoing down the metal corridors.

Si, Signora, that was pretty dangerous... to the nose. he agreed with her assessment that they probably would not find anything more dangerous. He followed her down the corridor to seek out more adventure. Deal, Signora, no more opening doors without checking for olfactory destroying odors first. he agreed with her on a needed change of procedure of exploration.

Ibycus followed Saxif as they picked their way down the corridors until they came to one that had many doors leading off of it. As Saxif reached for a doorknob, Ibycus put his paws over his nose and tried to look horrified but failed as the chuckle escaped his mouth. After she opened the door and gave the all clear, he peeked over her shoulder trying to look inside the room.

<style type="text/css">
.iby-oo1 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#3b5543; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/1rj06.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 270px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6d8474; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Was telling Jace at the rate we're going it will take a year before we finish XD still lovin this thread ^_^

Word Count → 399

She opened the doorway with a creak to his rusting hinges and a smile drew upon her face. It was a beautiful room seemingly untouched until you really looked around and noticed the small hole and trails of tiny creatures. She looked at the bed and it looked so unbelievably comfortable that she wanted to flop on it and curl up into a light slumber. Though her suspicions of this place were high with what had happened thus far so she merely poked at it first. Sure enough it was made of nothing but wood that was decorated with delicate material and a thin pad of something to give it that puffy look. The coverings were covered in dust and looked as if it would fall to pieces within her hands if she tried to remove it. Its fake. She announced to the male as she looked around the room further.

There was stuff neatly arranged along a large carved wooden box, she tugged at a handle that was bolted to the front but it didn’t seem to be for anything. She tried to pick up a pretty looking bone like item with soft bristles of fur on it but it was stuck to the surface. What’s the point of sticking stuff like this to a box; is anything in this place moveable or real?

She tilted her head slightly at a grime covered glass before her when she looked up and was surprised to see the action perfectly copied. She saw her eye reflected back to her and started to rub off the dust layer letting out a slight sneeze. When she reopened her eyes into the glass it was almost shocking. She had never seen herself so clearly, so directly. She stared at herself for a moment, especially at her eyes. No wonder they thought I was strange. She whispered to herself as she looked at the golden sheen of her eyes, the blonde of her hair and face. She grasped the sides of the framed glass and attempted a strong pull of it. The wood merely groaned lightly at her attempt to remove it and she huffed in disappointment. She wanted some of this reflective glass and was highly considering breaking it just to get a piece of it. You think there’s anything here we can pick up? I want some of this. She said pointing at the item as she looked to Ibycus.

<style type="text/css">
.saxgoldraze b {font-weight:bold; color:#c32600; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#1e0e01 1px 1px 1px; }
.saxgoldraze p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 13px; margin:0px;}
.saxgoldraze {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#331e01; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/QNMki.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #30383c; padding: 460px 0px 3px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#a47712; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.saxgoldraze .wordcount {color:#a47712; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #c32600; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.saxgoldraze .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
| +263

Ibycus peered into the room as the door protested with a creak as Saxif opened it to reveal what was inside. When Saxif was not attacked by any critters or bad smells, Ibycus walked into the room and took a closer look at the bed. He checked out several other items and pondered over the room and what it meant. Humans were a strange people, wasting space with fake stuff when they could have used real stuff and used it. he said with little understanding for a lot of things that the humans had done.

He circled around the room and approached the mirror that Saxif was wiping the dust off of. Ibycus had developed a dislike to seeing reflections of himself and had automatically moved around the room so he would not see his reflection in the mirror.

Ibycus pondered the looking glass for a few moments as he inspected the side and back to see how it was attached. With a claw, he carefully tapped on it listening to the sound, Despite that everything in this room is fake, the looking glass is quite real and made of glass. He inspected the mirror some more and continues, It is glass and if you break it, the edges will cut you if you are not careful. He thought some more and came up with another idea, Humans made smaller, more portable looking glasses. We could keep looking around and try to locate one and if we do not locate one, we can return and break this one. His hand motioned to the mirror.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]