lights will guide you home
[html]
ooc;; 12th july . 6am . Cerne Rise Apartments . Optime Form.
its up to you who you post with, although i liked the idea of only occasionally posting with wretch. based on the times in your previous thread (mel mentioned it was about 5am) i figured an hour or so later would be fine <33 Also, the main bulk of this thread is set in the common room of Cerne Rise

The previous day had been spent fixing the door in Cerne Rise. Saul had met Temo, the packs Bensen and carpenter, and the two had spent a good portion of the day sorting out the rotten and broken doors of the apartment complex. Saul was proud to say that the house now had two new double doors, complete with a locking system that he doubted would ever gets used but was workable. They'd finished around four in the afternoon, after they'd wrenched the old doors off, measured the doorway and spent the next few hours looking for a suitable replacement. The last hour or so was spent attaching the doors and cutting them down to size, which Saul had been pleased about. He'd informed Gideon of the change in their situation and he'd seemed pleased. He'd spoken to Gideon for only a few minutes before he'd been off again. The evening was spent with the horses and then finally the male had returned late in the evening and spent a nice few hours with Siku, talking about rubbish as they sat in their filthy apartment. While Saul had been doing a lot with the communal areas of the building, he had yet to start properly on the inside of his own den. Siku was here from time to time and had started, but there was still a lot of work to be done.

He rose early this morning, stretching and feeling the familiar shape of Siku curled against him. Even in their move to a completely new lands, and despite the fact that there was a perfectly functioning room next door to his, he still woke with the arctic lady against him. This new house had a bed already in it, a large and comfy king sized bed that Saul had claimed for his own. It needed a bit of work, some of the wood replacing and general maintanence. But the whole house needed that. Siku didnt stir as he moved and exited the building. The apartment was very close to one of the smaller tributaries of the east river and the male headed there to bathe and refresh himself. After relieving himself and hopping in the river, the male spent the next ten minutes vigorously cleaning the previously days dirt off of his skin. It felt good and immediately he felt lighter and more bouyant. It was still very early, he guessed at about six in the morning. Today would be spent as it always was- fixing something in Cerne Rise, tending the horses and anything else that needed to be done. He was so busy recently he didnt know what to do with spare time.

He figured he might as well patrol the borders. It had been a constant source of passtime for him in Dahlia, plus it would give him a good morning run. However, as soon as he stepped onto the border, tension in the air caused him to tease up. He had no idea what was happening, but there was something disturbing the atmosphere. Like a creeping tingle up his spine, the further he ran the more it distrubed him. With a growl he moved away from the borders, out into more neutral land. It was going to seriously bug him until he found out what it was. He walked for perhaps half an hour before something stopped him. A form on the ground made him stop, green eyes taking in the off-white of the fur. Wretch was at home... wasnt she? He lunged forward, coming to a stop just as he completely recognised his adopted daughter. Fear and anger welled in his guts- the first obviously injury he could see was a broken leg. And it was the same one that had been broken before.

"Shit... shitshitshit. Wretch, Wretch can you hear me? Can you hear me baby? I'm going to lift you up now, and I'm going to take you home. But its going to hurt baby, its going to hurt your leg. And I'm sorry, but it has to hurt for a bit. But i'll make it better again, I promise."

The male had sworn, very uncharacteristically. But panic was overtaking his brain and he rambled on to his daughter. It might have been easier if she'd shifted, she was much smaller in her lupus form. But it was very unwise for them to shift with broken bones. He slid his stronger arms underneath her, around her shoulders. The other arm gingerly hooked behind her knees, trying desperately not to bend or break her leg further. She stirred, a whining yelp escaping her as the pain was too much. He cradled her gently, trying his hardest not to jostle her as he moved back towards Ichika. The time slipped by and he was numb by the time Cerne Rise's new doors came into sight. He kicked them open, wincing as the sound resonanted through the lobby and into the common room over by the stairs. He wasnt going to get her upstairs anyway, so the common room it was. He glanced to the right, the stark '1' standing out on Gideon's door. Using his foot, he banged twice. "GIDEON! GIDEON? I need you!" He called, sure to attract Nayru's attention as well. She should probably know of this.

Knowing his brother was going to come, Saul went towards the common room. Range had been working in here to get it more comfortable. Thinking only of getting his daughter on the table that had probably been a dining table at some point in its life, he moved in the semi-darkness of dawn. Wretch groaned as he lay her gently down on the table, pain creasing her face. With his heart hammering, he tried his best to see the damage in the half light. He needed his brother, but more than that- there was a roiling anger in his gut that made the peaceful male want to lash out and hurt someone, to hurt whomever had done this to his daughter.

word count;;
"speech"

[/html]
[html]

he'd gone out to seek Saul after he had made sure that the other canine was gone for good, unsure of how to move Wretch's body without causing her more harm. She was knocked out, it seemed...so at least he wouldn't cause her pain. But he had been afraid that moving her at all would make her condition worse, that he might let up pressure on something that would bleed and make things worse. He didn't want to be the one to have to tell Saul that he'd killed his daughter by moving her after injuries like the ones she had sustained.

But when he had come back to where the girl's body had been, she was gone. Gideon could smell that his brother had been there quite recently, though, and was now following his trail back to Cerne Rise. That was the place that it made sense for Saul to bring her to...their home. His brother was a good medic and he'd fixed that little girl up once before. He could do it again, Gideon hoped.

He burst through the main doors to Cerne Rise as his brother roared his name. He found Saul easily enough. Wretch's blood covered the male's dark fur, though it was hard to see against the black of it. "I saw who attacked her, Saul. I was coming to get you...we must have just missed each other. I was so afraid to move her...I thought I would hurt her more if I touched her" He explained. "I went at the creature with a knife...it looked like some kind of twisted beast...it was covered in blood and it smelled really odd" He said. "But...how is she? She's still...alive, isn't she?" He was afraid that it was too late.

<style>
.giddeongrass .ooc {font-style:italic; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:400px; margin:0px auto;}
.giddeongrass p {padding:5px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.giddeongrass b {font-weight:bold;}
.giddeongrass { background-color:#33541B; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/WAUyO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; }
.giddeongrass .inner {margin:110px 10px 20px 10px; padding:10px; background-color:#fff; background-repeat:repeat; background-position: top center; -moz-opacity: 0.7; opacity: 0.5; filter: alpha(opacity=40); border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
ooc;; silly honey <33

He hadnt scented his brothers musk in the myriad of other scents all over the scene of the crime. The prevailing smell had been that of his daughters blood, spilling out from cuts around her neck, sides and face. As far as he could tell, the cuts weren't deep enough to scar and cause lasting damage, but they certainly were enough to threaten his daughter with bloodloss. As she lay on the table, his whole body began to tremble. How he functioned in times like these, he would never, ever know. Quick fingers worked to separate the hair that was congealing around her cuts, exposing them to the air. Idealy he would have shaved the areas, but there was really no point in bothering with carefully steralising the areas and making sure everything was clean. She was a hardy female and he could clean them afterwards. For now, his concern was in finding out if any of them were deep enough for stitches, and the break in her leg. He made a move towards her leg, but the common room doors bursting open caused him to turn around.

Gideon strode in, just like he knew he would. His brother began to speak immediately and it took all of Saul's patience to sort through the words till they made sense. So Gideon knew who had hurt his little girl? Anger was the predominant expression on his face now as he started towards Gideon, before deciding against it. Wretch needed his attention more at the moment. Instead, he spoke to the male as he moved round to her leg. "She's alive, and she's stronger than you would believe. She's going to be okay... But I won't like to be the one to tell her she's confined to her room for at least six weeks while her bones heal again. Did you get a sense of a pack Gideon? Do you know where they came from?" He asked, voice trembling. He was angry and scared, but he needed to put all of it aside. All of his supplied were up in his room. Making sure she was at least comfortable, Saul raced out of the room, leaping up the stairs in his Secui form so that he completely bypassed the dangerous steps.

Inside the room, he moved quickly, picking up all the things he would need. The antiseptic wash he'd made not long ago was scooped up, as were the splints and bandages scavenged from the hospital in Dahlia de Mai before they left. He would bind her leg better this time and it would heal straight. He exited the room with the bundle in his arms, but he had to move slower as he came down the stairs in his optime form. Gideon was still there as he entered. Laying his equipment on the table, he handed Gideon the antiseptic wash and the poppy seeds that, when lit, would aleviate Wretch's pain. "Gideon, could you help me? If you have any matches, can out light the poppy seeds and hold them under Wretch's nose? I saw a candle holder around here that would suffice to hold the seeds. After, could you wash the cuts on her face with the antiseptic wash in the clear jar?" He spoke quickly, hands moving over her broken leg. The broken bone had pierced the skin, but not as bad as last time. He waited, hoping not to have to manouver the bone back in place before Gideon had succeeded with the seeds.

word count;;
"speech"

[/html]
[html]

He wasn't used to doing all this medical stuff, but he'd try as best as he could. He was scared to touch her at all after what he had seen, not wanting to harm her further, but Saul seemed to know what he was doing and Gideon would listen to his brother's wisdom in this situation for he knew far more than the dark wolf about things like this. The lighter of the two asked him if he'd gotten a sense of a pack from the beast that had attacked the girl, and he shook his head slowly. "No. My knife struck the beast somewhere, though, so it might be injured. Do you smell anything on this?" He pulled it from its sheath. "It's not anything that I recognize...it just smells weird."

The male did have a few matches, but they were up in the room that he shared with Nayru. He nodded and motioned that he would be right back before setting off to find him. Nayru wasn't home, but he would have to tell her of what had happened when he saw her later. Gideon shuffled through a few things in his drawers before he found the pack of matches. They were old, musty, and a few had fallen completely apart...but a few seemed as if they hadn't been touched as much by the passing of time. He took those in one clawed hand, bringing them back down to Saul and reaching for the candle holder that his brother had specified.

It seemed as if the girl was coming in and out of consciousness as he lit the seeds on beneath her muzzle, moving the candle holder back and forth to send the scent up her nose. She inhaled sharply, eyes opening for a moment to stare straight into him before closing once more. He then set to washing the cuts as the seeds went out, smoke ceasing to rise from them any longer. His fingers worked at the cuts, as the blood was already beginning to dry on her light fur. "Why would someone want to attack her? What could she have done to provoke that?"

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:400px; margin:0px auto;}
.giddeongrass { background-color:#33541B; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/WAUyO.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; }
.giddeongrass .inner {margin:110px 10px 20px 10px; padding:10px; background-color:#fff; background-repeat:repeat; background-position: top center; -moz-opacity: 0.7; opacity: 0.5; filter: alpha(opacity=40); border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
ooc;; <33

With his hands resting gingerly on his daughters leg, Saul examined it careful. The break was to her thigh bone, as it had been before. And from the look of it, it had broken in exactly the same place. Of course, this made a lot of sense- the first break had damaged the bone beyound complete repair and whoever had attacked her must either have known about her already broken bone, or have been lucky enough to apply the right amount of pressure to the right place in her leg to break it in exactly the same place again. For a moment, he didnt hear Gideon speaking, but the glint of a dagger in the dawn light caught his attention and he looked up. So it wasnt just Wretch's blood he'd smelt at the scene. Saul held out his hand and took the dagger from his brother for a moment, black nose twitching as he smelt the blood thoroughly. There was a sense of identity there, along with the blood that was beginning to dry on the blade. His brother was right, the blade did smell odd. With a slow shake of his head, he offered the dagger back to his brother.

"I can't identify it... But if you managed to cut it, we might be able to follow it back to wherever it came from. Once we fix Wretch up, perhaps we could follow the trail?"

Saul asked before Gideon rushed out of the room as Saul had done a few moments earlier. It was a shame the stairs were ruined, else Saul would have taken her straight up to her own room so that they didnt have to move her when they were done. But the common room was larger and it gave them more room to move around, plus the stairs were dangerous. Wretch had been attacked in her optime form and would have to remain this way until her bone healed enough for her to shift back down again. Thinking about these things, creamy hands still holding onto her leg and gently trying to feel where he should push it back into place, he forgot about Gideon for a second. He burst back in and Saul watched as he poured some of the poppy seeds into the candle holder and lit them. It wasnt an ideal method of knocking her out, but it would work for now. She woke for a few short seconds before blue eyes rolled back in her head. Gideon got to work on the cuts around her face.

With a sigh, Saul began to manipulate the bone back into place. It wasnt an exact science and he had only ever read about how to do it. The first tim Wretch had broken her leg, Saul had been clueless and the result was less than perfect. He had learnt since then about broken bones and her leg would set properly this time, instead of slightly askew. He winced every time he heard th bone rub together, but fifteen minutes of pushing and gently guiding and the bone was back in place. Within easy reach were the splints and Saul quickly placed them on either side of her leg. They were designed to keep her leg straight while the bone healed. He sourly wished he knew how to make plaster of paris, or some other means of binding her leg up so that she simply couldnt move it. For now though, he was going to have to go medieval. Grabbing the first bandage, he began to wrap it round the leg. It needed to be tight enough to do its job, but not tight enough to cut off the circulation. A silence had lapsed between the two brothers as they worked on the little girl, but Gideon broke it.

"I have no idea... You remember this happened before, but she was found on the shore? Whats to say that someone didnt attack her the first time and came back to finish her off. I'm worried Gideon... Nayru and Razekiel should know about this."

He murmered, picking up another bandage and starting where the last one had stopped. He was about halfway down her leg now, wrapping carefully and making sure that the bone didnt slip whenever he lifted her leg to slide the bandage under and around. His heart was beginning to slow now, now that the two of them were working on her. He indicated that once Gideon was done with her face, he should move onto her neck. "If any of them look too deep, just say and we'll stitch them up." He intoned, his sole focus on wrapping her leg up properly. It was going to swell, but there was really nothing he could do about that, aside from give her some anti-inflammitories to help keep the swelling down.

word count;;
"speech"

[/html]
[html]

He knew next to nothing about medicine and took his brother's guidance to heart. The small popping and grinding sounds that he could hear from farther down her comatose body brought a sour, rolling feeling to his stomach. He might have been sick if he wasn't so focused on the task at hand. He couldn't clean every bit of blood off of her, but he would try his best. It seemed to have stained her fur in places, becoming difficult for him to get out in some spots. "Maybe you're right, about her being attacked before. I don't know." Once he was finished with her head, he moved on to her neck. She had really been mauled; her skin was ripped completely open in some places, down quite deep.

"Here...this looks like it might need some stitches. Looks like it grabbed her and yanked upward" He said. "I can tell you about the beast...it looked like it was partially shifted. Not quite optime...but not lupus, either." Gideon described. "It was covered in blood, too, but I don't know if that was Wretch's or not. It looked like it hadn't had the chance to really get at her by the time I got there. Just got in a few bites." Gideon continued to wash her cuts. "I agree, though. Nayru and Razekiel should be told about this. Someone should stay with Wretch...I can go after the beast when we're finished, and you can stick around here and wait to see if Nayru comes back?" He suggested.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
ooc;; <33

His brother was doing well at cleaning her wounds and Saul was able to completely immerse himself in wrapping up her leg. He didnt know enough about surgery to open her leg up and pin her leg back in place, nor did he think they had advanced enough equipment to do this. The risk of infection was high, so it was easier to manipulate the bone back into place and bind it there. Gideon spoke once more, unsure about Saul's previous arguement on whether Wretch had been attacked before. "We'll never know- Wretch has no recollection of what happened, aside from a deep fear of water so I guess it will have to be a mystery." He conceeded, firm fingers lifting her leg one final time as he secured the end of the bandage at the front of her leg. Slipping two fingers underneath the bandage, he tested it to make sure it wasnt too tight. He could just about fit his fingers under the material, and judged it to be about right. With a sigh he began to clean away the blood down the bottoms of her leg, while Gideon continued to speak. He mentioned that one of the cuts would need stitches.

"Let me have a look..." He said as he came forward. The cut was on her side by her ribs, deep and still oozing blood, despite the rest that had at least congealed into rough scabs over the wounds. Saul nodded softly. "Yes, that one will need stitches. Excuse me a moment." Saul said, turning and making his way back upstairs again. It was perhaps lucky that the male liked things in order, for he located his stitching equipment quickly. The commotion in the house had obviously woken people, but no-one had come out of their rooms yet. Still, it was a good thing that the whole family wasnt crowded around, gawking at her. Nayru should be here though, regardless. He got back and Gideon continued to speak, describing the beast who had attacked his daughter. "So it was definitely a luperci? Did you get a sense of colours, or did the blood obscure everything?" He asked, wondering what kind of a wolf it had been. "I'm glad you got there in time Gideon... I don't know what would have happened if you hadn't." He said, moving to the other side of Gideon as his brother continued down Wretch's side.

His brothers voice was soothing to him as he began to organise the kit into something intelligable. It made sense that Gideon would go after the attacker, although by now they were probably long gone. Gideon had caught the animals scent and would be able to pick it up better than Saul would. Plus Saul would be able to describe Wretch's injuries somewhat better than Gideon would be able to. "I'll stitch this up and then if you could help me move her up to her room, it'd be a great help. I'll wait for Nayru to come back and explain whats happened." He spoke half distracted as he thread the thin wire used for stitching up wounds. This wire had come from the hospital back in Dahlia, but it would be okay to use. "You might want to look away" He murmered, before piercing his daughters skin and looping it around to tie in a knot, and thereby start the chain. It took him another fifteen, maybe twenty mintues to neatly stitch up the wound- he was sure this cut at least would scar. Tieing off the final loop and cutting it with a difinitive snip, Saul dipped a clean swab of bandage in the antiseptic wash and cleaned it one final time before sticking a clean and dry bandage over the stitched cut. The rest of them would be okay for the moment, as long as he kept an eye on them.

"Alright Gideon, lets move her up stairs." He said, moving to her legs. He knew his brother wouldn't want to go near her broken leg in case he hurt her, so Saul took up the position, slipping one arm under her knees and the other towards the small of her back. Gideon took her torso, although Saul couldnt see where exactly the dark male supported her. As carefully as they could, the two brothers lifted her off the table and towards the doorway. Turning the corner was easy, but the stairs werent so fun to play with. It took an age for them to get her up the twisted staircase, the platform that initiated the twist used as a rest stop. And then they were up the stairs and into her room. They moved towards her bedroom, laying her on the bed and pulling a blanket over her. The effects of the poppy seeds were still strong, although they would wear off soon enough and Wretch would come to.

"Thank you for your help Gideon. I'll wait for Nayru downstairs... Go and see what you can find out." He said, a quick grasp of his brothers arm to indicate how appreciative he was of the help. Moving back downstairs together, he watched as the dark male moved towards the doors and away from Cerne Rise. Slipping into the common room he cleaned away the debris, waiting for Nayru to walk through the door.

word count;;
"speech"

[/html]
[html]

Nayru's gonna post in this sometime in the next few days =O

"Maybe it would be a good idea to try and teach her some defense strategies. She seems like a pretty shy girl anyway...but you should see if you can talk her into it. I could try and teach her." Perhaps if she'd known some basic defensive strategies, she would have been able to throw the canine off of her and make it a more fair fight. The way that it had been hadn't been anything near fair. "There were flowers strewn all about her...I wonder if she was out picking them or something.""

He knew what would have happened had he not gotten there in time, and the thought scared him. It had been hard enough to go looking for Saul to tell him what had happened...he couldn't imagine having to tell Saul that Wretch had died and that he hadn't gotten there in time to save her. "It was dark...I just saw some brown fur. Not a black wolf, but not a white one either. Kind of in the middle." He explained.

Gideon nodded at the instruction that his sibling gave him, helping him to pick up the girl's body. He didn't want to jar her leg any and walked very carefully so that he wouldn't bump it in any way. Once they got her situated he looked back at Saul, swallowing. He'd try and follow the beast's trail as best he could...but he couldn't guarantee that it would lead anywhere. "Alright. I'll head out now, then. You talk to Nayru...let her know that I've gone after the beast to try and track it."

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

The morning had seemed unbearably long for the normally patient lady. Nayru had woken long before dawn and slipped from the apartment before any of the others were awake-- except for Gideon who had been missing that night. It was unnerving to wake alone; already the petit woman was accustomed to waking the strong arms of the large male she shared a bed with. Normally in the mornings they would linger in each other's embrace but with the bed empty Nayru quickly set to the duties for the day. A sweep of the border was often the first order of business but Nayru headed to the vineyard first. The plants were still having a hard to adjusting to the move and the grape harvest would be small this year. Nayru had gone to sleep worrying about grapes and woken up in much the same state.

While often Nayru would find peace in tending to the plants, the trek to and from the water source to each plant seemed tedious that morning. While the worries of the plants left her, her mind began to wander to Gideon. Why hadn't he come home that night? That he would be unfaithful never crossed her mind, the idea didn’t exist at all. But that something might have happened to him worried her. While she knew she could easily track the man, she didn't want to be overbearing, too worried. Nayru couldn't expect him to always be at her side, yet that something was off nagged at her. Setting down the water can she used to haul water back and forth to the plants, Nayru looked to the sky and was surprised to find many hours had elapsed. The plants were all watered but the morning was half gone. Brushing the dirt from her legs where she had been kneeling, Nayru turned back the way she came.

The journey home was filled with the nagging thoughts. Normally the warrior's mind was so well trained that such invading thoughts were quickly discarded, but Nayru found her pace quickening as she neared the home she shared with so many now. When her bare foot hit something sticky and wet, Nayru bent down and touched the liquid to her fingers. Bringing her hand up for inspection it was not hard to identify the red stuff. Blood. When Nayru came in through the main doors and found Saul at the bottom of the steps, she was nearly out of breath from the run she had broken into. Crimson eyes caught the green of Saul's and no words were necessary for Nayru to convey that she knew something was wrong and she wanted to know right away.

<style type="text/css">
.nayr b {font-weight:bold; color:#c28085; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nayr .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#ffffff; padding-top:350px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.nayr p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #080202}
.nayr {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#821212; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /nayru.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
ooc;; <33

Gideons words once again invaded the males thinking, but he was glad for the distraction. His mind was beginning to loop in circles, thinking one thing that led to another and another until he was back at the first question he'd asked and the circle continued once more. It was an irritating process and he was glad the dark haired brother had given him something better to think about- Wretch doing self defense. It was an amusing concept to him- Wretch was so shy and unbecoming that it was impossible for him to imagine her taking up arms against anything. Still, the young male nodded softly. "Although I cannot imagine her weilding a weapon agasint anything so much as a fly, it would be a good idea to try and teach her some self defense. You would teach her?" He glanced at Gideon then, a look of pleasent surprise in his eyes. "I would appreciate it brother" He agreed, a smile upon his lips.

The two had reached the floor then and Saul stopped at the base of the staircase. His mind threw him new questions, and overwhelming gratitude for Gideon. Saul didnt see that Gideon was just doing what Saul would do for Melee or Range, in return. If It had been Gideon's daughter on the line, Saul would have fought just as hard. It shouldnt surprise him that Gideon was exactly the same as him in this aspect. Brushing the thoughts aside, Saul listened as Gideon told him of the wolf, who had been like so many out here- brown and nondescript. "No worries Gideon, you'll be able to pick up a scent better than recognising pelts." He agreed, before running a hand over his face and back through his hair. Ichika was supposed to be about peace, of mind and body. Saul didnt feel very peaceful at the moment, in fact he felt just a little murderous. He was glad Gideon had offered to go instead of him- if he'd caught up with whomever had hurt his daughter, he would have rendered them invalid or worse.

His brothers words made him look up and nod softly before he made his move towards the door. Before he exited, the agouti male allowed tears to brim to his eyes before he chocked out a whispered "Thank you Gideon" that he had no idea if the intended had heard him. Without a backwards glance his younger brother exited and ran off towards the scene of the crime. It was his turn to wait now. Having no way of telling the time, he guessed it to be about nine oclock by the time Gideon left. However, he was in for a relatively long wait as he settled himself on the floor. Dull green eyes could see the dripping trail of blood as it had splattered on the lobby floor, leading past him into the common room. He should probably clean it. But his mind was working in overdrive and he had no desire to move from his position. A little over an hour later, movement at the doors made him look up. Either Gideon or Nayru was going to walk through the door- and as more white than black entered he deduced Nayru. Dragging his dull eyes up towards his leader, the male stood.

"Nayru... I'm glad you're back. Perhaps we could talk in the common room?"

He asked, motioning for her to follow him into the small space next to the staircase. Once he had set them up with chairs, the questions brimming over in Nayru's eyes were enough, without words being said. And so he told her, word for word, describing what had happened this morning, including Gideon's involvement and great help in Wretch's patching up. "I don't know what I would have done if Gideon hadn't driven the beast away and Wretch had been hurt worse... She may not be my blood-daughter, but since her first accident, she is like blood to me. I couldn't bear it if she was killed." The male shuddered softly and once again ran a hand over his face. "Gideon had gone in search of the beast, but we both know the venture is futile. The scene was so confused as it was, he doesnt stand a chance of catching them after this." He said, almost as if to himself. Shaking his head softly, he looked back up at Nayru, the fear subsided but the panic still heavy in those emerald depths. "I don't know what to do to protect her Nayru... she is too shy to learn to defend herself and she can't be chaperoned wherever she goes..." He said, trailing off as if asking her exactly what should be done.

word count;;
"speech"

[/html]
[html]

374 .

Almost instantly Nayru was whisked into the common room and seated by Saul. Hurriedly the words came pouring from his mouth, almost too fast for Nayru to take them all in. Yet patiently she sat, trying to make sense of all he told her. The mess of emotions that welled up in her stomach was an unpleasant mix to say the least. Fear for Wretch, confusion and anger that their sanctuary had so soon been penetrated. Ichika no Ho-en was dedicate to spreading peace and love, and yet the urge to violently depose of whoever had done this to Wretch couldn't be helped. Yet breathing in long and deep breaths, Nayru steadied both her mind and body before speaking. When she did speak her words were focused and direct, a far cry from her often joyful and girlish manners.

"I'm so sorry that Wretch had such an experience. " Nayru could think of no better words to comfort Saul, who was clearly still distressed over the whole ordeal. Yet it wasn't the man who probably needed comforting, and with Gideon already on the trail of the monster she had little left to do. Almost mechanically she rose and went to Saul, placing her hand upon his own. "I'm not sure what to do with this, but when Gideon returns send him to me. I'd like to go sit with Wretch for a while if you don't mind?" The man was for all purposes the girl's father and Nayru waited for the permission before taking her leave. When Gideon came back, empty handed or not, they would plan further. To simply ignore the attack was foolish, but so was any direct actions without thought beforehand.

Moving away from the man she only had the girl on her mind. Surely she would be sleeping after such an ordeal, but still Nayru wished to hold vigil, perhaps with Saul or perhaps without, at least until Gideon came home. Almost the man who had delivered the horrifying news had been forgotten. Turning back to him before she made her exit, her voice almost caught in her throat. "Don't worry Saul, we'll find who did this to her. Really. She'll be fine and we'll find him. Or I will."

<style type="text/css">
.nayr b {font-weight:bold; color:#c28085; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nayr .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#ffffff; padding-top:350px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.nayr p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #080202}
.nayr {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#821212; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... /nayru.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
ooc;; thread finished <333

He tried not to look at her whilst he told his story, but it was indeed very hard to miss the look of fear and anger cross the black and white womans face. His own anger had faded to a helplessness that he didnt like to admit, but was clear all over his face. He knew the morals of Ichika, he already knew that they were a pack devoted to bringing peace throughout the nations. But this was a personal issue and Saul was not going to let it go because of the pack. He would act alone if he ever found the wolf who had hurt his daughter. Brushing his hair from his eyes, he paused as Nayru spoke, her condolences for Wretch a welcome sound. He nodded softly and watched as she stepped closer, laying a hand on his own arm. His sister-in-law, as she now was, was always a compassionate leader and now was no different. He nodded again, trying to break himself out of the trance-like mood he'd wrapped himself in when he'd settled down at the bottom of the stairs.

"Its happened twice now, and it casts doubts over whether the first time really was an accident..."

He murmered softly, before Nayru spoke once more. He didnt expect her to know what to do, it was something that none of them expected. However, he was surprised that she asked to go and sit with Wretch. Since they'd all moved in to Cerne Rise, he hadn't seen much of Nayru around. He understood that she needed to deal with more important things, but it pleased him that she wanted to get involved. While Nayru was their leader, it was clear to most that Saul was the head of the family. He nodded softly as Nayru removed her hand and walked away from him. "She'll be sleeping on her own by now- Gideon and I had to drug her to bind her broken leg without pain- but she may wake up with nightmares or in a panic. It'll be good to have someone by her bedside." He answered in agreement to her wish to go up there. Wretch was very attached to Saul, but it would do her good to see that others cared just as much as he did about her. He thought Nayru had left, but her voice came again by the door.

"Thank you Nayru... for everything."

He whispered back before she disappeared up the perilous stairs. He was going to have to do something about them soon- else Wretch would be stuck in her room for six whole weeks with no means of escape. Something like that could drive the young girl insane. He knew, however, that he needed to do something to keep his mind off of the morning, so he began to clear up in the common room, ripping open the moulding curtains to reveal the windows, battered and broken as they were. He was going to do something today aside from worrying horribly about his daughter.

word count;;
"speech"

[/html]