Nigada Iyusdi Uha Uyotsvhi
[html]

Backdated to July 18 (Nootau: Visible)

What she was doing was extremely dangerous and, by rule of Maska, forbidden. She was endangering her family by sneaking out so late at night--and the reason was just as treasonous!--but she was adamant on her cause. Everything that had happened in the past few days was unbelievable and unprecedented; but it only got worse. Not two nights prior--the night after Maska's announcement--the moon sent her a dream-vision of things to come. She had shared the nightmare, as it was, with Leon, but it was too grave to leave alone. And telling Maska was out of the question for several reasons, besides the fact that she didn't trust the grey man a lick.

Having tucked all the children safely in bed--Ayasha included, since the Guardians made Ralla nervous to let her daughter out past the haziness of late dusk--Ralla took one of the many skins that she had stored on the shelves--a heavy buckskin--and some of the fatty tallow she had once used to make oil-soaps. Using the tallow, she smeared the heavily-animal-scented oil onto the skin, and then donned it like a cloak. This way, wherever she went, her own scent would be masked by the stronger scent of the buck and its musk. The fire beneath her hut had long since burnt out--the white woman had been too flustered to tend to it normally--and so she slipped down and out the tree hut without a trace. Nootau flitted about and led his charge on silently, wings making not a sound on the still summer air. It seemed as if even the birds and insects of the area were quiet, confused by the sudden shift in balance. They traveled south for awhile before they arrived--or so Ralla assumed, since Nootau perched stiffly on a branch and did not move any further--and Ralla pulled back the top of the buckskin from her head, taking a quick look and sniff to make sure that no one was around. The oil was, however, so strong near her nose that she had to rely on sound for the most part; but still she heard no one moving about.

"Dawali?" she whispered sharply, hoping for a reply.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]
[html]<style type="text/css">.dawalilupus b {font-weight:bold; color:#e2d3b7; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.dawalilupus-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:center; }.dawalilupus p {text-indent:20px; padding:3px 5px; margin:0px;}.dawalilupus {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#52602c; background-image:url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _table.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #e5bd7a; padding: 5px 5px 265px 5px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#e5bd7a; line-height: 160%; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

It had been difficult, at first. His leg, mostly, was the challenge. It ached and seared when he could not use it, and he was not accustomed to surviving in this form. There was no way he could make his medicines without hands or access to the Town Hall. Additionally, he wasn't a good hunter in the first place, at least not on four legs, but with a heavy limp there was little that could not escape him. He had contemplated seeking the storages, but feared Maska's denying him this as well. Instead, he had found some already dead fish, and a duck. He had entered the working fields and taken some fruits, feeling like a thief stealing from his own life's savings. It was a shameful way he was living, as suited his rank.

He rested in his den when he heard her approaching, and smelled her, too. She would find him by her nose, surely, and he stayed in the earthen hole that made up his newest home. He was still improving it, making it larger and finding soft leaves to make a more comfortable bed, but for now he was simply lying there and - as it were - awaiting Ralla's approach, his head resting atop his front paws. She called out his name and he grunted approvingly. Gvihita screeched disapprovingly from a tree-top nearby. What'd Ralla want?

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the fail-post >_>

Ralla heard the grunt of noise from a little ways off, and, following it, found where their fallen chief was burrowed. She knelt and rested on a hand, looking in the darkness--the moon blessedly providing enough light for a wolf's hyper-sensitive eyes to see with--saw Dawali's outline. He was thinner than before, and her heart sank with how far she had seen her chief fall. She remembered when she had first come to AniWaya how strong and proud he had been; how sure and dignified. She remembered how wise he had been, and how he had led her through so much. Perhaps they didn't share the bond that he and Nayati seemed to have, but Ralla looked up to the man as a great mentor and friend, because in all the time she had been in AniWaya, he had led them true. And now here he was because of single sickly man's orders--a man who dared come and disrupt the peace that AniWaya had known so fondly.

"Dawali," she said, softer this time, forest green eyes searching for his gold, even if the darkness hid most of their features. But how to start this conversation? "I need to speak with you; I've had a vision." She remembered telling the man about her visions in the late fall of last year, but whether he remembered--or still believed her, for that matter--was on rocky ground until he himself spoke. "But more importantly, you must know that this is wrong. Everyone knows it. Dawali, I fear for the tribe now." And this was clearer in her heart than the cleanest water; the tribe, as it was then, a mouse trapped in a hawk's talons; cramped, terrified, and stiff with terror. And not even a part of her vision had come to pass yet. It would only grow worse. "And it's going to get worse if things go on as they are now."

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thins.

<style>
.rallasface .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.rallasface p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.rallasface b {color:#441e39; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.rallasface {background-color:#441906; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/n5mCK.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ce4b03; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.rallasface-border {width:504px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.rallasface .inner {margin:326px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]

[Image: Ralla_by_Nina2.png]
[html]<style type="text/css">.dawalilupus b {font-weight:bold; color:#e2d3b7; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.dawalilupus-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; text-align:center; }.dawalilupus p {text-indent:20px; padding:3px 5px; margin:0px;}.dawalilupus {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#52602c; background-image:url(http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee19 ... _table.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #e5bd7a; padding: 5px 5px 265px 5px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#e5bd7a; line-height: 160%; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

#--

This was not unexpected. Dawali turned his eyes to the ground as she spoke, careful not to look at anything but her feet. Oh, how difficult it was to stay obedient, and not defy those in power! How hard it was to accept what was going on, yet he had no other choice. For the safety of his people, it had to be this way. What Ralla spoke of was.. treason. The very crime he had been spared his life for committing. She offended their leader Maska once, and he said nothing, but when she spoke again in offense to the male, Dawali looked up. Gvihita continued her disapproving screeching, and he was not sure whether it was aimed at himself, or at Ralla. "I have faith in Maska." he stated. While the male was youn and inexperienced, what more could he do? He had to have faith, or all else would simply fall apart. "He was just in what he did - I have lied and I have failed you. While all our members who did not grow up in the Great Tribe do not understand, know this: I've greatly shamed my life, my family, and this tribe. I deserved death, yet he granted me life. Be thankful, as I am." He looked to the earth again, almost adding something about thme leaving him alone, but he kept his tongue in line. More calmly now, he spoke again, attempting to kill the awkwardness. They just didn't understand - Chitsa did, and she was right in not speaking with her older brother. "What of this vision, Ralla?" he asked, wearily.

[/html]
OOC: Here's the link to the vision since repeating it would be post-recycling :3 ...and tedious to write XD I assume Gvhita is audible if not visible?

Ralla could understand where Dawali was coming from; she might not have been from the Great Tribe or ever visited it, but the values were similar to her native tribe. Elders were to be obeyed, traditions observed, and laws followed. Transgression of laws resulted in punishment--either in the mortal plain or spiritual--and no matter how much you liked someone, if they transgressed they were to be treated the same. Ralla knew this better than anyone: Even though she was young and inexperienced, she had been forced by law to go into solitude. Even though she loved her mother and had wanted to spend time with her, she had been the previous Shaman, and so had to be secluded as well--forbidden from visiting her family. She and Noss had had a friend, once, in their tribe; he had been a good, kind wolf, but when he insulted a fellow Moon Tribe chief--one from the Harvest Moon Pack--he had to be punished accordingly. The transgression had been quite severe, even though he had not meant it. His punishment was banishment. But look what Ralla did; she escaped that fate and made her own path. The moon may've set her path before her, but she had long since learned that there was never a single path to follow; each one was riddled with detours and trails that would all eventually lead to the same place; success or failure at attaining a meaningful life.

"When have you lied to us?" she whispered, sympathy filling her voice as she saw her broken leader. "It was you who have led us true and well since my arrival. It is you who guided me and made me feel a part of this pack. Did you lie to me then--am I not an AniWayan? And don't say what your sister said," she said, pity for the woman hinting in her voice but not really showing. "That I can never be AniWayan because I wasn't born there. You made me believe that being AniWayan was more about blood; that it was about belief and family. Do you deny that?" And what if he does? she questioned herself. What if he did lie? No! I know he didn't, I...! she adamantly argued with herself, even as she heard Gvhita screeching in the real world. "I know what entails the naming of a Chief--you taught me yourself. But look at all of the spirit guides in the tribe: Have they ever, ever voiced their doubt in you? Would they stand to be here? We are all thankful that you are alive--there is no reason you shouldn't be--but you must see that some judgments are not the path meant to be walked." For the moment she awaited Dawali's answer, looking him straight in the eye and daring him to say that he deserved death. "And as far as I see, judgments that make the tribe suffer with no greater goal are not meant to be followed." She knew that such talk was heresy, but she was only there with Dawali, and he would not betray her family. She was not afraid here.

A silence passed as Dawali mulled things over, she supposed, but he asked her, then, what her vision had been about. If he hears it, he must see the need to act. Maybe, maybe not. She hoped for the maybe. With a steady voice she described what she had told Leon in each detail, voice steadier than when she had told the brown male. Dawali needed to understand the full extent of the predicament--hopefully he would take her vision as serious as she did.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.
</style>

#--

He listened quietly to her desperate rebellion. His rank demanded he give her his full attention, and so he did, maintaining the proper pose. While he could understand her words, she could not understand his, or so it seemed. Whether he had done trivial things or said trivial words that were good or not was not the case; he had claimed something which was not his to claim. Calmly, he waited until she was finished, and spoke quietly. There was a certain way he spoke, so clearly and carefully, yet quietly. "You do not understand, Ralla. The Guides must convene, discuss, and agree. They were never given a choice. Ayegali left me a Councilman, and I took the rank of Chief for myself. It was wrong, both in the eyes of the entire world, and my ancestors." He worried some nights, of what his mother might say when she learned of it. What her face might look like. Perhaps it was a good thing that his father had died before he learned of this. "We do what the wisdom of our ancestors ask us to, and I wronged them all. I do not deserve my life, and you, too, should be grateful for Maska's generosity.".

He listened to her tale as well, and as she finished he sat just the same, shaking his head. "The Raven is a sacred symbol of cleverness and light." The Raven Chief, bringer of light and land. Dawali interpreted it completely differently. "It sounds like the Raven will come to battle the night, and bring light again."Perhaps the Guides would find a better Chief for the tribe when it was time?

[/html]