To approach danger
[html]
HTML
Bloody. The term to describe her paws if Gypsy hadn't long ago formed callous on her travels, her once sore body showed no signs of protest as she trotted along. Her head down to admire the new smells and border she found herself drifting along. It had been a fortnight since she had first laid claim to finding a land belonging in anothers territory, her heart originally racing by the thought of finding strange inhabitant along the sandy beaches she now sunk into. However, her new emotional feelings towards the find were much different, in fact she was nearly jumping from her fur at the thought of possibly being accepted into the pack presented in front of her, but first she had to pick up the scent of some nearby.
Placing her black wet nose to the ground she fought the raging salty air, and fishy smells to find a more timid odor, a more musky smell of damp fur, or fresh markings. It had been a long time since she had interacted with other canines, the thought doing little to settle her nerves she gave a huff. Her nose releasing all the collected sand to free her passage way up for breathing and discovery once more. Taking a cautious step forward she danced along the border presented in her path, her body keeping low and humble while she searched with glittering Emerald eyes. Moving her bushy tail low, she settled it against her legs, her ears keeping gently tilted downwards, to show no mean of harm or hostility toward any of the pack members she might find.
The audible sound of Boris squeaking confusion in her ear caused Gypsy to let out a little howl, she couldn't help but raise her ears to find any callings back. Shifting to the right of the land her eyes fell to the crisp waters, the striking white foam spreading out across the burning sand in a natural display of brilliance. Still, the mere thought of the knowledge able to be consumed by secret dwellings peaked Gypsy's interest greatly, the thought of joining this pack growing more and more. Becoming slightly more desperate to find anyone to answer her she let her head fall back. Is anyone there, she cried aloud her ears perking once more to see if she would be answered. The crash of waves increasing the level of difficulty to quite a sum of annoyance, while Boris continued his useless squeaking while he shifted along her back in exploration.

[/html]
[html]

Hello there! Something I wanted to point out -- Anathema's dens are in the mountains, which means that Gypsy wouldn't be able to see them or into them from her place by the shore. Also, [html] tags (and it's closing tag) are how to make your HTML tables show up. <3

mall-caps;">from the Binds mall-caps;">of your Lowliness

Exploration had become something that Ravesque did daily, even if it only meant wandering the above-ground world of Anathema with careful mind. He'd managed to visit the world in the forest, the world of the mountains and today was the day he would explore the sea. Or so he thought. Rather than a calm moment, he was distracted — another call, another creature come to join the ranks of what he saw to be a haven for...well, all. It remained hard for him to accept these new minds, these new people whom he had no desire to truly live with. It would have been different if the Tribunal had lived. It would have been different if Cinder, the bitch, hadn't killed them all. Allegedly. It was always allegedly.

Level-headed as he was, despite the distaste he vaguely felt, he made his way toward the border in search of what he might find there. Against the tan earth of the seaside, he saw the dark shape of a wolf and on the air he caught her scent. Another dark female to slid in with the rest of the dark group. Only Naniko, his Naniko as far as he was concerned in the recent months, was pristine now. It didn't matter. They were all the same, and he was just as charcoal-coated as this new face was.

Comfortable in his bipedal body, the two-legged man approached the borders with his apathetic air, lazy half-lidded red eyes focused upon her with no distinct emotions. "There are always people here, girl. It's just a matter of who's interested." His arms crossed, muscles in his biceps flexing to enormous size as he waited for an explanation of why she'd come to Anathema, and what she wanted from them.

<style>
.ra-textual {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-position:top middle;background-repeat:no-repeat;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:times new roman, sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;}
.ra-textual-ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;margin:2px; padding:0px;text-align:left;}
.ra-textual p {text-indent:25px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.ra-textual b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.ra-textual i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Astloch&v2);
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Thanks for that I changed what I needed to, I meant the caves found down there when the water retreated, but I changed it. Also, I'm new to the HTML tables things, so thanks for the help.

Gypsy was nearly startled right out of her fur, raising her eyes slightly she tried her best to take in the features of the wolf standing in front of her. She took rather quick notes of the size and mass of his muscles and body, in short if I fight were to break out between them it would be no surprise to her that she'd be the losing party. Still, she didn't plan for such a thing to occur in the first place, keeping her body low and submissive she let her voice speak calmly to the male. "I merely wished to join your pack and land sir." The sound of crashing waves given her a moment of calm, something that seemed to be retreating from her quickly to her dismay. She had been taught as a pup that in order to gain respect, nerves had to be far from ones mind; or at least fear should be absent if the trial was to move smoothly along.
Gypsy could feel Boris crawling under her body, hiding himself from the shadow that was cast by the wolf in front of her. With a small in take of breath she stood in place while she defended her case. "If I may, I would like to inform you, and any that shall be interested, in my usefulness as a member of any pack," she announced to him. She knew that she would be investigated vigorously by him, all of which she was prepared for so long as it gave the hope of belonging again. Times alone along the plains and winter tundra were hard for a pack, let alone a loner such as herself. A fact that she was sure this male knew, and hopefully would take into account while assessing her worth. Gypsy allowed her senses to flare, her wet nose taking in the new smell of the male, he seemed of importance, the smell of him giving off the odor of others that lived here. He looked as black as she, the only difference seemed to be the lack of dust and golden patch along the chest. A discovery that caused her to wonder if she would truly fit in among these wolves? Were they all as dark as night as she? Or did they vary in color, as did her own pack those many months ago.
[/html]
[html]

Not a problem; we're all here to help. <3

He startled her, but she seemed to bounce back well enough, raising her eyes subtly as he watched. His head tilted in vague curiosity while she sized him up. That was, in recent times, unusual for him to see — in the past, he was often looked at as outsiders and even cult members wondered silently if they could 'take' him. Of course, he didn't expect that she planned to jump him, having faith in her intellect. And then she spoke the words he'd expected: She'd come to join the pack. A large hand rose to rub at his chin thoughtfully, studying her in silence. Again, she spoke, her words very blunt and direct. Odd as it was to see on his face, Ravesque broke into a lazy smile. "You may." He was amused by her formality.

Sure, he should have called Naniko first, but Ravesque's mind was set on keeping her grounded within her den. In her condition, a phrase he had stopped using since she berated him days before, he didn't find it necessary for her to be moving about — he was fully capable of bringing them to her. His arms crossed and his weight shifted, body leaning forward as he waited to hear her words. "If it sounds good, I'll take you to our Angela." His explanation, and promise, made perfect sense to him: if she was worth the effort, or if she showed some promise, he'd drag Naniko to the surface.

<style>
.ra-textual {margin:0px auto;width:450px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-position:top middle;background-repeat:no-repeat;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:times new roman, sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;}
.ra-textual-ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:11px;margin:2px; padding:0px;text-align:left;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Looking up at the male that had been standing over her, she gave a small in take of breath. Her mind working in a quick type of un-jumbling while she sorted out what she was going to say. She wanted it to sound humble, that way he wouldn't get the idea that she was trying to prove herself better than he, but at the same time she wanted it to sound worth his while. Turning over in her head she noticed Boris, making her think easier while he stared up at her with his beady eyes, his nose twitching while he took in the new stranger. Boris was always comfortable, no matter what the situation he was willing to take the risk rather than run and hide, which is maybe why she had found him like she had.
I have been given, from all the elders of my old pack, the knowledge of the ways so many years ago. Which though may seem useless now, could come in handy if we are to ever be put in a situation that calls for human knowledge. I have also been taunt in the ways of Flora and Fauna of various regions," she finished. Looking up at him she hoped that he would take her to the pack member he spoke of. If not only to have her look at Gypsy, just take one look before deciding if she was good enough to join or not.
[/html]
[html]
<style>
.naniko .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.naniko p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko-border {width:379px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

Theodore had left the pack for whatever reason. Naniko should have guessed that something like this would happen with him, as he had always seemed the wandering sort to her...but for some reason she had trusted him. She had thought that he would be devoted to their cause...and be with her until the very end. He'd been good to the pack in the time that he had led beneath her, helping joiners to become a part of the pack and helping her with keeping the area safe. If she chose another sub-leader, there was a chance that she would choose another warrior. She could be the brains, and them the brawn. She would just have to choose someone a little more devoted.

She was heading toward the pair as they interacted with each other, though she wasn't aware that they were anywhere nearby. The heavily pregnant leader was tired of picking carcasses from their cold food storage...she wanted something fresh, wanted to kill it herself. She was stubborn enough to believe that she was just as good at hunting and scouting as she had been before she'd gotten pregnant, and chose not to pay any mind to the crackling of leaves and snapping twigs that she heard as she walked. She was an expert hunter.

The ghostly Angela had bagged two hares despite the amount of noise that her extra bulk caused her to make. They'd been stupid and slow. She carried these with her as she walked, trying to get around the hill that she'd been hunting on rather than having to go over it again. This brought her down near the beach, where the scene between the two luperci was unfolding. The leader kept to the brush, a frown creasing her features as she watched Ravesque interact with the female. She couldn't hear what they were talking about...but still. He was having some sort of secret rendezvous? Ugh. She continued to watch from her mostly-hidden vantage point, crossing her arms, the hares held in one hand by their necks.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

+3

He listened to her speak with as much attention as he could, but he found his interest waning as her worlds reached his ears — something about the way she spoke to him left his mind to wander. Something about her elders teaching her knowledge of years ago, something useless, something— oh look, a bird. Red eyes became unfocused as he tried to drink in all that she explained, but it wasn't long before he gazed past her or up toward the sky. For a moment after she'd finished speaking, he didn't realize her voice had died out. It took some time before he, vaguely embarrassed by the fact that he'd simply been staring into nothing, cleared his throat to reply. "Flora, fauna, right, right. Well, I'm sure Naniko'll wanna see you; let me—" a faint breeze caught him off guard, carrying with it a familiar scent that made his features crumple up in irritation.

The Angela was already there, but as he turned to look for her, his eyes didn't catch the sight of the white-furred woman. Was she watching him? Stalking him? Spying? That was a bit paranoid to think, but he could never tell what was in the mind of Naniko D'Angelo, as much as he desired to. A gruff grunt was expelled onto the air as he thought of how best to handle the situation — did he call her over and show her that she wasn't truly that sneaky? Or was it best to let her believe she was hidden? Without much sympathy for the pregnant woman, he crossed his arms across his chest and turned his head just enough to call over his shoulder. "Woman. Come over here, talk to our new...hopeful joiner." There was no better way to express what she was, as initiate involved creatures already inside of a home.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style>
.naniko b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.naniko {background-color:#1e252b; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... naniko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:12px; color:#141b21; width:375px; text-align:justify; }
.naniko .inner {margin:10px 10px 190px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... nikobg.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>

She hadn't expected to stay hidden forever. Scents often revealed more than the eyes could, to canines...Naniko knew that at some point she would need to come forward and speak to the pair. In her pregnant state the tall leader was in no way quiet, her bright pelt and unmistakable scent not helping her out much either. It had only been a matter of time before she would be discovered in her hiding place.

It would appear that the female was a joiner. She felt relief, for some reason unknown to her. At least he hadn't been out there talking to this female for no reason? Whatever. Naniko came forward, swinging the rabbits back and forth as she waddled toward the pair. "I was already on my way...YOU can go home, Ravesque. I don't need you here to supervise me." She shot back at him as she came to stand beside the large male. "If she's stood up to your questioning and is still here, I'll assume she's suitable."

The pack leader reached for her weapons-belt, the only item of clothing that she ever wore, and pulled her ceremonial dagger from its resting place. "There's a rite, though, newcomer, that you must pass before you will be allowed in. The Rite of Agares. In this rite, I would take your paw and make a small cut on it...then a cut on my own and join the two together to bind us in blood." It was a ceremony that all newcomers had to go through if they were not related to another member of the pack.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]
Looking up at the large male she gave a soft frown at his lack of attention, it made her wonder if this pack was really on top of things or not; but than again she guessed she had dragged out what she was saying. In truth she had never attempted to join a pack at all, the only one she had ever been in she was born into, a true blood member of the pack, so naturally she was a rookie at this process. Hearing his statement she gave a nod, she was glad to know through all of that he had at least found something she said of interested. Turning her muzzle down to Boris she signaled for the mouse to scurry up her side, she wasn't sure how far along the walk was, and she didn't dare fall behind because she couldn't find Boris among all the leaves.

Gypsy was so caught up by her companion that she hardly even noticed the males change, nor the smell of the female approaching. To her these lands were all knew, and every scent was just something foreign to her, an adventure to be explored, if accepted. Perking her ears at the grumble of the wolf she turned her head, her eyes falling on a snow powdered luperci that looked as though she was about to burst. Allowing her nose to move from side to side she soon realized why, she was carrying. The thought brought a smile to her face, though she tried her best to hide it away, the last time she had seen a wolf in such a state it had been her very sister. Gypsy remained silent while the two of them had their verbal war, if she was guessing she would say they were involved, but what did she know about that, nothing, and for right now all she had to focus on was the rite this wolf spoke of.

Looking at the raised knife she shy ed away for a moment, to be considered blood was one thing, but to be infused through cuts, it was strange to Gypsy to say the least, but if she wanted in, this was the price. Giving the leader a slight nod, she slowly moved her paw, offering her flesh to be marred and infused with the blood of the Anathema's pack

[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

I have permission to PP Ravesque walking off :3 Up to you if you want to continue this or not, but my replies will be a bit slower! <3 Welcome!!

The male left in a huff, and she grinned. She had an interesting relationship with the large, dark male. They'd come from the same cult pack in New Brunswick before she'd fled it to come and live back in 'Souls. Where they had come from, the Tribunal had been the leading body...a group of wolves who kept the peace with sharp rules on behavior and harsh punishments for those who did not follow their laws. Naniko held some parts of the old ways near and dear to her heart, but other parts she was more lax about. She didn't mind if the members did bad things...as long as they weren't to each other. She didn't care much for most outsiders, though.

The newcomer offered her paw to Naniko and the Angela took it between her hands and made a shallow cut. She re-opened one of her own recent marks with her blade and pressed it against Gypsy's fresh cut. "There. It's done. You'll be our newest Zepar, Gypsy...one of the many unproven ones. Stick around for a while and show me that you're loyal and I will allow you to move into a rank tier and work your way to a higher station. Follow me." The leader re-sheathed her blade, turning from her new packmate and heading around the mountain toward the caves.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]
[html]

she watched in awe as the leader took her hand, her eyes growing larger as the blade touched her flesh. Grinding here canines together she watched the silver metal slices through her thick fur, gems of ruby red blood bubbling to the surface. Turning her eyes to look at the woman's hand she grimaced, so many scars and fresh marks all for the rituals of the land, she saw the dedication deep within her eyes. Moving her hand with the leaders she allowed the blood to meet, sealing her fate to the wolves of this land. This caused her to wonder, what did these other wolves even look like? A question she hadn't really bothered to ask until now, she hoped they were all at least decent individuals, that's all she asked for. Though she considering her rank it didn't matter what she wanted.

I promise you won't regret this, I will dedicate everything I can to this pack ma'am she promised to the white Luperci, she had been taut to be loyal to those that honored her as one of their own and now was no different. She would do anything she could to mKe these wolves happy, even if she had to suffer some faults and pain in it. They were giving here something she thought she would never have again, and that was a home, a place she could call her own, have friends and be shelthered, and for her that was enough to gain her loyalty. Watching the woman begin to move away Gypsy soon followed hot on her heels, these lands were strange to her and she didn't dare getting lost so soon.

[/html]
[html]
<style>
</style>

Slight powerplay in them reaching the caves <3 Here's a link to the cave system - decide on what single den you'd like Big Grin http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/physe_revlis/AT4.png

The small amount of pain and annoyance that the ceremony required did not bother Naniko. She'd been injured far worse and had some healing salve that she could put onto it when she got back to her den. She wanted to make sure that Gypsy got settled in and felt welcomed, first. She'd offer her a fur or something to help start the process of sprucing up whatever den the new female chose. She wanted Anathema to feel homey...like a place she would want to live in and stay. Many canines came and left.

"Thank you." Naniko said. The trip went in relative silence, the white leader comfortable enough with that silence to allow it to linger. She wasn't the type who always had to be talking. The sounds of the forest filled in the quiet around the two as they made their way through it and toward the mountain that loomed overhead. There were two entrances to the cave system and she took her to the one that would enter nearest the long row of single dens. "I'll pop into my den and grab a fur for you...it'll be something to sleep on, at least, for now." She said.

Table by Jenny!
[/html]