fill my sorrow with the words you've borrowed [p]
[html]

For Denver! Borgata Colotl. Look at Magz all sad and depressed, lulz.
Table by Haley.

The scouting party was the last time Magnolia had talked to anyone from Salsola. It was an interesting day, but she was shook up and not sure how she felt living in this strange land. It felt nothing like her old Kingdom; there, she had no fear of being hurt. Here, she could be threatened for saying one word out of line. The kingdom was a much warmer, safer place and after thinking about her old home all of a sudden Magnolia missed the one place she truly felt comfortable in.

At the last supper and at the scouting party she had seen that blonde stranger that she recognized from the Kingdom. She knew virtually nothing about him, but Larkspur had said his name was Denver. The girl had figured out at the scouting party that he was just as lowly ranked as herself. And she had said just a few words to him. She had wanted to converse with him more, but that hadn’t been the time for it. Eris needed the Associates’ help and Magnolia wasn’t about to confuse her own personal benefit with the pack’s benefit.

Denver, Magnolia called out to the ruins as she paced among the derelict area, howling for the strange acquaintance.Come talk to me, we have Cour des Miracles matters to discuss. She didn’t, really, but felt the need to talk to someone about her old homeland. She missed it dearly and wanted company. Maybe she could even finally have an ally here in this dark and twisted thistle land.

<style>
.angel .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.angel p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.angel b {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.angel {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HmGJ8.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3b3d3c; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.angel-border {width:504px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.angel .inner {margin:10px 10px 350px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

You didn't mention a time of day, so I hope it's okay that I've made it early evening? WC: 715

Denver had served his duty for the day, and the sun was lowering below the horizon now. He had spent the day skirting the borders, something that he knew he could perform with little inconvenience to himself. The mutt was still hesitant to deliver his best performance here; though he was trying, if only for the sake of the leaders he had begun to respect. He had little attachment to his fellows, still; Denver had spent much time simply observing. The thistle kingdom was different from any other place he'd been, and it was so very intriguing. It's culture ran much deeper than he had anticipated, and yet he was not deterred, as he may have been with more traditional religions or cults. Here, he felt that he could grow to have power.

The Associate adjusted his scarf and jacket as he neared the ruins; in the case he was seen by anyone important, he should look presentable. He hadn't any true plans for the evening, but even still when that girl called for him, he was quick to become annoyed. What does she want? he wondered, immediately distracted when she mentioned the pseudo-kingdom he'd once inhabited. Ugh. He hadn't really any desire to reminisce about that place. It had been nice for a time, but it was simply not for him. Did she long for it still, he wondered, despite the power she could gain here? Shaking his head with a sigh, he moved towards her voice, brows furrowed.

When he came upon her, he stopped some distance from her, staring at her in blatant assessment. Denver had met the girl twice before, and both times he had taken her in appreciatively. Despite her youth, she had an adequate body, and her strange dress and style appealed to him. Raising his eyebrows, he placed a hand on his clothed hip, pale eyes staring at her with dull interest. "You called me?" he drawled, moving towards her with an confident swagger to his step.

<style type="text/css">
.denver_bull01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.denver_bull01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.denver_bull01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.denver_bull01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2050/bullwhip01.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

orite… my bad. But yar that’s fine. Also, IT’S WAY TO EARLY TO POST BUT I’M AT WORK AND THIS IS PREVENTING ME FROM FALLING ASLEEP SO … whatever. –dies- excuse the shit post.
Words: 353
Table by haley.

While Magnolia was not one for human clothing, the mohawked woman couldn’t help her desire to collect shiny, pretty things that humans used to prize. She was a jewelry fiend, and since her arrival at Salsola her way of dealing with the stress of moving here was searching for more and more necklaces with a frantic frequency. While she outgrew the black veil (which she actually lost during her travels to the thistle kingdom, but she would never admit that) her love for layering necklace after necklace on her neck grew. Today she wore six of them, all different colors and lengths. One pearl necklace went down to her bellybutton, and the necklace clinked with every step the woman took. The memory of her mother still clung to her skinny wrist, the green jewels on the bracelet shining the same way Lolita’s eyes used to. Magnolia never took the bracelet off despite the disappointing memories the jewels reminded her of.

As Magnolia trekked through the ruins she waited patiently for her co-Associate to arrive. She wondered if he would show up or not. He had no reason to ignore her, but the possibility still existed that he might not give a shit if she wanted to talk. They had never spoken in the Kingdom, and their words here had been meager at best. The dog was water-phobic, that was about all she knew about him. Magnolia wanted to know more.

Finally, her blonde acquaintance arrived, looking neither happy nor annoyed to be called here. Magnolia frowned, expecting a better response. They were both at the bottom of the barrel here and she figured the two of them would have something in common except for their kingdom residence. “You used to live in the kingdom, yes?” Magnolia asked, a friendly smile gracing her face. “Why did you leave?” Magnolia had her own reasons for leaving that wretched place, but now that she was gone she wished she could return. She figured her interrogation wouldn’t be taken the wrong way, she hoped he would realize it was a friendly gesture and the silver almost-yearling was just curious.

<style>
.angel .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.angel p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.angel b {color:#ffffff; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.angel {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HmGJ8.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3b3d3c; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; }
.angel-border {width:504px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.angel .inner {margin:10px 10px 350px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

It's fine, wrote this one on my phone at work! Big Grin

Magnolia did not waste time with formalities, and instead addressed matters quickly. Appreciating this, Denver took a long moment to inhale a breath, relaxing his posture slackened a bit. She wasn't asking much, so he supposed he could oblige her. But how had she known him, before? The girl looked familiar, but then again he hadn't cared much to memorize faces in that place.

"How d'you know that?" he asked suspiciously, pale eyes narrowing as he peered at her. She wore jewelry in excess, Denver noted with mild interest; she certainly wouldn't be very stealthy with all of that clinking about. After a distinct pause, he pursed his lips, adjusting his posture to lean on the other knee now, arms crossed loosely across his chest as he wonders whether or not to tell her the truth. For now, he decided to simply be vague.

"They couldn't give me what I really wanted," he said smoothly with a lazy shrug, leaving it at that for now, until she decided to pry for more.

<style type="text/css">
.denver_bull01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px
.denver_bull01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2050/bullwhip01.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#111111; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
sowweeeee for the wait!!!! <33

The dog was careful about what he said to her. Maggie didn’t blame him, but she figured having some sort of camaraderie with him would make him more social. Feeling slightly disappointed, she let a frown ruin her beautiful face for a while. It was apparent that Larkspur wasn’t his mentor here and she sighed, wondering why she even called him here in the first place. “I knew that because I saw you here and there in the Kingdom, “ she said simply. If he wasn’t going to be friendly, she didn’t really want to be friendly, either. More and more often the girl found herself being the only bubbly animal around, which was a saddening thought to her.

When Denver mentioned his reason for leaving, the girl nodded. She understood. It wasn’t exactly her cup of tea, either. Her father was the only reason why she even ended up there in the first place. “That’s why I left, too.” Mentioning the now-defunct problems between her and Niro didn’t need to brought up. If Denver knew he was her father then he’d probably mention it. Otherwise it didn’t really matter.

<style>
.zero-clamantis p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.zero-clamantis b {color:#7c4957; font-family: times, serif; font-size:13px;}
.zero-clamantis {border:1px solid #544d3d; font-family: tahoma,sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#544d3d; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; background-color:#83a83f; background-image:url(http://zero.sleepyglow.net/images/otras ... mantis.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:150px 0px 5px 0px; width:450px;margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

<3

Denver appraised her warily, looking up at her over his pointed, doggish snout. He sniffed at her comment, rubbed his pink nose, and grinned. Well, isn't she sassy, he thought. The Associate liked that. He gave a brief, low chuckle towards the ground, one hand on a hip lazily. "Well, all right then, miss," he chortled approvingly. "I just don't remember seein' you, that's all." The dog appreciated the snap in her voice.

Magnolia was quite young, Denver noticed; she was younger than him, though not by much. Maybe not too young, though, he thought with a lecherous smirk. Perhaps she really was a smart girl, after all. The Kingdom hadn't been what he'd been promised, and without any desire to pursue a normal life in that supposedly royal settlement, Denver had moved on. Normal for them was boring to him; his life needed more stimulation. The white-furred dog nodded encouragingly. "Oh yeah? So what're y'lookin' for here?"

The mohawked girl had seemed competent enough when their small group had joined Eris on that island; Denver's confidence in her grew, and his posture relaxed slightly. Maybe being conversational with her would be worthwhile, after all.

<style type="text/css">
.denver_bull01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px
</style>
[/html]