Furtive haze
[html]
A line of dark green reeds stretched along the riverbank, leaning backwards towards the handsome trees that flanked them, and swaying forward ever so often in the delicate autumn breeze. Every now and again, one would dip into the water and cause a ripple that would slowly expand and touch the side of the meandering brook. It was afternoon, and the sun was high and regal, shooting vast waves of pure white sunlight onto the already near-retreating day. Beneath it, amongst others, walked the tall voyager known only as Tamerlane. Storm was his home, though exploration and travel was still his forte. With his trademark grey-black eyes he surveyed the landscape, hooking his hands idly on his rope belt as he walked.

Soon, he sat down by aforementioned river, pulling one knee up and balancing his wrist on it, and stretching the other long leg out before him. His back leant against the cold bark of the sturdy tree behind him, and he watched the water of the brook ripple. Tamerlane considered beauty to come in thousands of forms; he was notably open-minded. So in many ways, the delicate modesty of the small river was just as beautiful as the wild mountains and rugged pastures that rolled beyond that dark horizon.
[/html]
[html]
Thanks for getting this started.
_____ When was the last time that he had wandered towards a stand of trees and shimmied up one of the broad trunks? It had seemingly been ages, and Pilot still found comfort in his roots, though he had grown away from them in the past year. Most often than not, other wolves would find the white male perched a hundred feet above them and instantly brand him eccentric. Now, though still bearing the same Monroe-clad grin, he didn’t seem so unusual and awkward. In fact, he rather fit in with the group of wolves known as Storm. When he did have a chance to steal some time for himself, however, he did find himself venturing back to his roots almost as if it was a bad habit. He tried to conceal it from others (though he was sure they probably didn’t care) which was really a front for concealing them from himself. He wanted to prove that he had changed. That he could change. And resorting to old ways tainted that.

_____ Though he was high in the trees, less camouflaged now that most leaves scattered the ground below, things were different from when he had first arrived. He was a Luperci now, and climbing things was considerably easy once he took up his Optime form. Climbing with opposable thumbs made things wondrously simple, who would have thought? Now that he had grown accustomed to this life of being a werewolf, a simple life confined to one form was his bete noire. In no way would he trade what he had now for what he had only a year ago. Though he loved his former family, his new life offered things more precious to him, including his first love.

[/html]
[html]
Waves and waves of contemplation lapped at Tamerlane's mind. This area of Storm was ideal for faraway thoughts of this nature. The autumn breeze played over his rugged cream fur and cooled his trim body, and the branches of the trees above would sway every now and again as the weather dictated. Somewhere above, in the lush canopy, there was a rustle of wildlife that was distinctly not a branch or curious squirrel. Tamerlane ignored the scent of wolf nearby. He was not immediately interested in a stranger simply because said stranger chose to be a tree-climber. Pressing his skull gently against the bark of the tree behind him, he closed his eyes heavenwards.
[/html]
[html]

_____ Considering he was one of the higher ranking members of the Place of Lightning and Thunder, Vegetarian Shark should comport himself with respect and dignity in order to adequately represent the pack. As it was, times like this gave him a little leeway to act a little unusual and playful at times. After all, he was still fairly young – not even three years old yet. He managed to easily climb down a few branches, doing his best to remain as quiet as he could (which the wind aided in disguising his sound), so that he came to rest and some branches just above the other male of the Place of Lightning and Thunder. He wasn’t a large coyote like Phoenix was, but Vegetarian Shark assumed that if he stretched out enough he would be able to reach said male below him.

_____Wrapping his legs around the branch, Vegetarian Shark twirled his body so that his back was facing the ground below. Slow and steady, he released the grip of his hands and hung upside down from the tree. With his ankles crossed tightly, he was sure he would be able to hang there for a few minutes at least, until his legs started to get tired, or all the blood rushed to his head. "Mornin’."

[/html]
[html]
Although being the type of coyote to philosophise every day into oblivion if he so wished, Tamerlane had the peaceful capability to simply relax, and think of absolutely nothing. But as he felt the presence of the stranger grow nearer, the thought of when he was going to appear did indeed tug meekly at his thoughts. The back of his head still pressed against the tree, he opened his nigh-black eyes to the striking upside-down gaze of the tree-hanger. Bored, by any chance? It was a very real possibility.
[/html]
[html]

_____He had seen this other male around _Storm, just like most other wolves, but he happened to be one whom he didn’t know on a more personal basis. What was his name, again? He couldn’t remember. _Pilot swung his body up and grasped the branch with his hands, before letting his legs uncross and fall below him. Gently, he released his grip and fell only a short distance to the ground. "A little, I s’ppose," he chuckled. He crouched down in front Tamerlane, though his mind went back to a time when he had met another luperci while climbing trees – Physe. He hadn’t seen him in ages and wondered silently where he had gotten off to. "I’m sorry, the name’s escaping me. I’m _Pilot, but you are?" He asked, absentmindedly raising a hand to grasp the obsidian arrowhead hanging from his twine necklace.

[/html]
[html]
Almost perceivable as indifferent but nevertheless amused by the stranger's charming antics, Tamerlane watched vaguely as the male jumped spryly from his perch and addressed him. Tamerlane. He introduced himself in turn, leaning back against the tree and digging his elbows into the tough bark. What do you usually do with your days, if not viewing the world upside-down?
[/html]
[html]

_____"You mean other than my duties as Fuhrer and puppy-sitter?" Vegetarian Shark replied, chuckling lightly. He stopped to think about his question for a moment, to really truly find the answer. Lately he had been spending so much time with Dierdre that he didn’t have many other hobbies. Though he was teaching both her and Lesbian Ghost Lover low speech, as well as trying to learn how to write.

_____"Well, I suppose I give low speech lessons, if you could call ‘em that. I’m trying to get one of Phoenix’s little rascals to sit with me and learn some of it. But so far, no good. They’re too interested in the world. But I can’t really blame them." He searched his company’s expression for any hint of interest. What about you?

[/html]
[html]
You look after Phoenix and Iskata’s children? he asked automatically, their offspring being the only puppies of Storm (as far as he was aware), upon being told that Pilot was the pack’s sitter. Upon explaining that he was a tutor of sorts, the pale buck proceeded to return the question, and Tamerlane leant his head against the bark of the tree once more, gazing up into the deep canopy. I’m a traveller unreservedly. All but the rarest of days are spent exploring and, I suppose, lore-hustling.
[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... etable.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:155px; background-position:bottom center;">

_____ Pilot wasn’t at all surprised at Tamerlane’s answer – he just seemed like he would be the type to do more exploring than most. It was rare for Pilot to wander too far from Storm, let alone Bleeding Souls all together, so the world of a traveler was inherently closed to him. He wouldn’t have any idea of what it truly entailed. "One of the reasons you came to Storm not too long ago?," he questioned, wondering if perhaps Tamerlane had plans to move on somewhere new sometime soon.

_____ It would have been smart for him to move on and make sure things were set for he and Dierdre that night, but the sun that remained high in the sky also seemed to ground him there. When a day was nice such as this, it was hard for Pilot to seemingly toss it away to work. But then again, with Dierdre home sick and all, he needed to make sure she was getting along well and not feeling too sickly.

[/html]
[html]
Tamerlane readjusted his unkempt foot on the cold ground, and gazed at Pilot interestedly. One of the reasons you came to Storm not too long ago? didn't make a huge amount of sense to him; it sounded much like a question, but one could not be too sure. Pausing as his dark eyes lingered on the ivory buck, he assumed that he meant to ask why he had come to Storm. Hm, well the reason why I joined Storm was simply that I hadn't joined Storm before. It may sound a bit... out there, as reasons go, but it is reasonable to me, he finished with a faint smile.
[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... etable.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-bottom:155px; background-position:bottom center;">
This is starting to get a little bit outdated, so I figured we could go ahead and wrap it up. Feel free to reply once more if you want. If not, I'll go ahead and archive it.

_____ "I understand what you mean." And he really did. When Pilot had first come to Storm, he did things for the same reason – just because he never had before. A lot of things were like that, too – new. Basically the new way of life was completely different. He did just because he had never done them before. And because they would take him one step closer to becoming more like a wolf. He surely had changed a lot since then. In fact, his personality had really changed quite a bit. Perhaps it was the lack of constant socialization with squirrels.

_____ Pilot fiddled with the necklace, letting his fingers trace the glass like surface of the obsidian. He glanced towards the sky now fading from the full intensity it had been laced with earlier. "Well," he began as he pushed himself up to his full height (which wasn't very tall). "I better be getting back to Dierdre. It’s been nice talkin’ with you though, Tamerlane." His words seemed so inadequate next to Tamerlane’s. The scholarly way which he spoke almost made Pilot feel as if he should take on the rank of Spaher, while Tamerlane upheld Altester instead. He offered a thin smile, adding "Have yourself a good night", before turning to wander off home.

[/html]
OOC – No worries. Smile

IC –
[html]
I understand what you mean. There was no pause that followed this – indeed, Tamerlane would have had no qualm with continuing the conversation for another hour or so – but Pilot thought differently. It sounded to the traveller like his striking companion was just looking for an excuse to leave swiftly; which was fine by him, he didn't take offence by it. He offered a gentle smile, and then sat back with his head against the tree trunk once more. The light dazzled the canopy above.
[/html]