Pups on long journeys.
I have a question about the NPC companion that I'm planning to bring into the game with my character, Tezcacoatl. Tezca is an Eternian luperci on his Ehecatl journey. I'd like for him to travel into 'Souls with his first-born daughter as an NPC companion and I'm trying to decide exactly how old to make her. Somewhere on the site I read that "very young puppies" wouldn't survive a long journey and would have to come from some place nearby.

My question is: what would you consider to be "nearby" and how old would a luperci have to be to survive a "long journey?" Even a general recommendation about what moderators/admin think would be believable would help me out a lot. Thanks!
Well, I think most puppies would have to be weaned first before they could consider traveling anywhere without their mother -- that happens around...2 months, I believe? After that, so long as they have a guardian to care for them, I would imagine they'd be fine as far as long distance travel goes.
She wants to know the age for a pup traveling with her character (the father).

I don't really know the answer to this, but I would think it would certainly be at least 2 months, and probably closer to 3 or 4 months? Maybe younger, depending on the variables (resting time, etc)... But, I'm not sure.

As far as a long journey, I'd say probably some distance that would take longer than a day or two? Not sure exactly how many miles that would be, though... *super unhelpful* Big Grin
put it this way, Any pup under 2 months going over the mountains would probably freeze.
Yeah, pups don't get moved from the birthing den until after they are 2 months of age. Btw, I want to know how he already has a pup when the journey is about going out to create pups. Not to mention why he has the first born with him when you are supposed to send the first born back to Eterne to live there.
QUOTE (Ouija D'Angelo @ Jul 23 2011, 12:51 PM)
Yeah, pups don't get moved from the birthing den until after they are 2 months of age. Btw, I want to know how he already has a pup when the journey is about going out to create pups. Not to mention why he has the first born with him when you are supposed to send the first born back to Eterne to live there. [/quote]
Tezca has been on the journey for a year, the child is the fruit of his wandering and he plans to bring her with him when he returns to Eterne. I assumed that this setup would be atypical, however, I didn't see anything at all in the Eterne wiki article about the ultimate fate of tiacapan from Ehecatl journeys. The only mention of them I could find is that females are considered "lucky," which is why Tezca is keeping his daughter close. I apologize if I was too presumptuous. I'm a new player and thus unaware of any Eternian traditions that might have been established outside what's detailed in the wiki. Is Tezca's back story unacceptable?

To everyone else that's replied to the thread, thank you for your advice.
Ah well it might have been changed. When I had mine they started on their journey when they were two and sent back the firstborn to Eterne while they continued their journey. A firstborn girl is good luck and is sacrificed should the family face misfortune. It is the even numbered boys that are sent out on the journey. Also if your 9th born is a male then they tend to be killed because they are bad luck.

If you haven't I'd really talk over things with Sie (Eris Eternity) cause she is the one whom created it all. So she might have changed it since I had my Eterne coyote.
I would have to assume that the tiacapan would travel with the father if he took it away from the mother -- which is to be expected. Of course, I would also think that the tiacapan would be immediately returned to Eterne once it's born. This is something I'm unfamiliar with, as there's no cases of a successful tiacapan return to Eterne on board so far and Tlantli is female, so she has no reason to undergo formal Ehecatl rites. It would probably be beneficial to ask Sie, the creator of Eterne, for more information on this.

Also, since I'm unsure of if you did or not, Eterne is by Request only and you do have to ask her if you can create a character from Eterne specifically -- if you already have, awesome, but if you haven't you should and I apologize if you already have and I'm telling you over again. I just like to be thorough.

EDIT: Shadowposted Sylvey, sorry.
QUOTE (Talitha de le Poer @ Jul 23 2011, 01:19 PM)
Also, since I'm unsure of if you did or not, Eterne is by Request only and you do have to ask her if you can create a character from Eterne specifically -- if you already have, awesome, but if you haven't you should and I apologize if you already have and I'm telling you over again. I just like to be thorough. [/quote]
I wasn't aware of that. Thanks for informing me, I will contact her before going any further.
Just to add something to the age discussion, by 3.5 months, they start accompanying adults on hunts, so I think it might have enough stamina to undergo a long journey by that age. Hope that helps. Smile