Finally, I've arrived.
Preferred rank: I don't care...
Characters: Mya(only one.)

Mya walked calmly through the brush of the area. Her dark brown fur reflecting the light of the day. Her lupus form was small and petite, but she always seemed to make up for it in strength and speed. As she edged down a worn path carved out from many wolves the smell of a pack hit her nose. Faint at first, the smell wasn't that easy to sniff out but soon scents from the many wolves were thick in the air. She felt her heart beat slowly pick up. Her mother's dream was to join a pack after Toby had disappeared. A wave of emotions rose up, and touched Mya. She felt her chest tighten.
If her brother was still here, what would he be like? A soft whimper came from her mouth unexpectedly. She'd been alone for so long. It was almost to good to be true when she slowed to not cross the upcoming border. Excitement tickled her thoughts.Mom would be proud, she thought to herself. Looking back at the wide landscape of this pack, her nerves jumped. Finally, a place to call home and belong. Her tail picked up in its wagging.
Just as she stopped, Mya's focus turned to her optime form. Her body surged up, growing taller like a plant to the sun. Hair with big curls grew and separated from her wolf fur. Her arms and legs changed to fit the form of a human-like optime. As the process grew to an end she let out a slow breath of relief. "Here we go," she said to herself. Turning to face the vast land she swallowed hard, hoping her nerves would calm down."Hello? Anybody around?"she called out loudly. Not hearing anyone right away, silence filled her space. What if they refused her? Maybe they were busy. The thoughts raced through her head uneasily.
What if...
[html]

WC:000+ - Hello! Big Grin Welcome to Souls! Skye will probably post sooner or later but in the meantime, I'll keep you entertained. x3 Thanks for choosing D'Arte as your new pack and good luck!
Sky is in her Optime form wearing a black tank top, blue jeans and black luperci boots, by the way.

Sky hated being bothered on her 'day off'. Lately she'd been taking one day a week off of her usual tasks in favor of checking on her herbs and working on the framework of her new pen for Casper. It wasn't really resting or relaxing, but it was good on her nerves. She could take breaks to go walking, hunting or even just sit on her deck and relax with a good book. Today she'd decided to go for a walk after finishing the basic frame of her pen at last. That walk turned into a patrol around the borders very quickly, especially when she picked up a stranger's scent... and eventually her voice.

The brown wolfdog appeared on the edge of the location moments after the gray-brown female had called out. Those sapphire eyes stared down at the wolf from uphill, then a smile crossed her face, her eyes cold and haunted and posture ready for 'battle' should this one prove dangerous.

These lands are marked by Cercatori D'Arte. Explain your business here or get gone. Not as rude as it sounded. Sky was paranoid, careful of new comers and bitter towards strangers. Mix the two together and you had a rather cold greeting. After giving the girl a moment to respond, the optime-formed woman with the short golden hair and dozens of piercings trotted closer. The name's Sky. I'm D'Arte's leading Medic... its Gauritore. She introduced, giving another pause to let the girl introduce herself and explain her being there.

<style>
.SKRai-K-01 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.SKRai-K-01 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.SKRai-K-01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#312621; text-shadow:#64544c 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.SKRai-K-01 {background-color:#bbaca5; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; font-size:11px; line-height:16px;width:428px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1426/sky1w.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 372px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .SKRai-K-01-border {width:430px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>
[/html]

As she spotted the brown wolf, her first impression was she had her gaurd up. Obviously she didn't exactly like strangers. Mya could relate to her though, after all... it had been a stranger who'd killed her mother. Being rather good at reading people, she made sure to give off the submissive welcome she had planned. Blinking a bit, she framed her best polite smile on her face and her head not held as high as it could be to appear less dominant. Who knew if she was a pack leader or not? When the optime spoke, she felt the wheels begin to turn in her head. What should she say? Should she spill everything? Of course not! She opened her mouth, but no words spilled out. The second time around, she'd been able to conjure words up in her head. Ah, yes. Be normal, she thought to herself while ignoring the problem that she wasn't exactly "normal".
"My name is Mya," she began, "I'm hoping to find a pack to call home. Perhaps you could help me?" That was good. She felt a breath of relief go out from her mouth, her tail picking back up a bit hopeful. Maybe this would go better than she thought it would. "I like to heal people, too." Okay, that might of been a bit pushing it. Mya hadn't realized how worried she was about getting accepted by others. Geesh.
Hoping that it wasn't obvious, Mya shifted her weight from paw to paw,(or foot... whatever!). Butterflies were flitting in her stomach. This girl didn't like new people, but what if that meant she wouldn't like her? The concern filling her body was more than easily seen, even though Mya was trying to deny it in her brain. Hopefully the girl would answer soon and the suspence that was building up so quickly would end. The torture was almost tragic, terrible infact. Answer please, she whined inwardly.
[html]

WC:000+ - Ignore the babble if you want. It's just mood banter to help get a feel of Sky. x3

Obviously this Mya girl didn't know Sky. She didn't know about the paranoia or the obsessive behaviours of the wolfdog standing before her, the opressive need to be needed, to be wanted, to be useful. Otherwise she would've kept her healer skills to herself. Still, Sky knew her leader more than anyone, except maybe Bangle. (At least, that's what she thought.) Skye would be furious to learn that the medic had chased off a prospective new member. This girl wanted to join a pack. Just because she liked healing people, didn't mean she'd make nearly as good a medic as the paranoid witch greeting her.

Mya. Well, Mya, Cercatori D'Arte is welcoming new members. It just so happens we could use a sturdy young lady like yourself. What other skills you got? Sky forced a smile, friendly and honest as far as anyone could tell. Her posture slacked slightly, though her ears remained forward and those eyes kept locked on the other's own, daring the girl to show any signs of dominance, itching for a fight as always.

It wasn't Sky's fault, though. Not entirely. She wasn't violent, evil or an avid cause of trouble. She was tormented more than anyone knew, even her crush Tal or her ex-fiance Shawchert. Even Valinta, her best friend, or Skye, her leader. None of them realized the torment, the torture... the insanity behind blue eyes. This girl was safe, though, as long as she didn't trigger the wolfdog, which was a hard task to accomplish despite the apparent danger. All in all, if one could earn the wolfdog's trust... one would be forever safe.

<style>
.SKRai-K-01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#312621; text-shadow:#64544c 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.SKRai-K-01 {background-color:#bbaca5; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; font-size:11px; line-height:16px;width:428px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/1426/sky1w.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 372px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .SKRai-K-01-border {width:430px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>
[/html]

She listened to the girl talk, finding her tail freeze mid-wag at the death stare she recieved. Woah, she thought to herself. Feeling uneasy, she averted her eyes to the ground. Be submissive. The girl had asked her a question. Talents. Skills. What were they for her? She thought on it. Her hunting skills were great, though fighting skills might need work, and not only was she terrible at doing art but she was also horrendous with a carpenter's knife. Maybe if she couldn't help animals and luperci's like her with wounds, she could just make them happy. Animals usually took to her anyways.
"Well... uh, I'm pretty good with animals," she slowly managed. Goodness she was nervous. The butterflies in her stomach had turned to rapid spider monkies, nipping through her stomach. This was a lot of personal weight to carry. If she was refused for lack of skills, or just not liked by the pack itself, her mother's dream would never be fulfilled. Not to mention she'd continue her lonely lifestyle by herself for what would seem like ages.
As she gazed at the girl, pausing for her reply, she wondered what she was thinking. Perhaps frowning upon her lack of clothing in optime form,(which Mya couldn't exactly help and didn't particularly see needed,). Maybe she was questioning why she should be worthy to join such a pack. Her mind was whirling, her stomach and brain feeling tight and exhausted. Calm yourself, she heard her Mother's voice whisper. Yes, that is what she would have told her if she was there. Clear your mind of nerves and breath!
[html]

WC:000+ - Sky, stop being a bitch. :<

Good with animals and a healer type? An idea struck the medic and as quickly as she'd appeared angry, she was suddenly noticably happier. She took a few steps towards the girl and smiled brightly. Well in that case, I'm sure we could find a good use for you. We of D'Arte often pride ourselves in the trade, meaning we have lifestock and pets that often need extra care and attention. Might I suggest dabbling with animal medicine? She brought her hand up to the girl's shoulder, as long as she didn't move, and rested it there gently for reassurance.

As soon as Skye, the leader, gets here, I'll be sure to give you a good review. After all, we never like to turn down a new friend. She smiled, a sweet expression much more belonging to her sing-song voice. Other than a medic, I'm also a Esecutore, a preformer... but you may do well as a Pastore. That's our herder rank, a good one if you like animals. As a co-rank you could be like me, taking to medicine and the like. Just focus on the pretty little animals, girly, and you and I will get along just fine...

Ouch. So apparently this wasn't a change of heart for Sky... it was a change in tactics. Someone needed a better hobby.

<style>
[/html]
[html]
congrats on joining cercatori d'arte! Big Grin since your character said she works with animals well, im going to put her in the animal caretaker rank ^^ is that alright?

The cream-laced woman had been taking to going in her four-legged forms as of late - she wasn't sure why, but she felt more comfortable in them now than she had before, before she had taken on so much responsibility. Her senses were also sharper in these forms - her ears could hear things, for instance, that she wouldn't have been able to hear in Optime form. Currently, it was the sound of voices - she recognized Sky's voice, and another that she didn't know. She drew closer to the sounds.

The first thing she noticed was that the new person was there to join, she thought as she walked towards the voices. She seemed incredibly nervous.. and Sky, her friend, was speaking to her, although her voice sounded slightly forced and intimidating. Smiling a bit at Sky's antics, Skye emerged into the clearing they were standing in in her Secui form, smiling first at Sky and then at the new girl.

"Hello, Sky," she said, in a considerably better mood today than some other days. "Making our newest joiner feel at home, I see?" She turned her face towards the new joiner. "Hello," she said gently. "I'm Skye Collins, the Capitana of Cercatori d'Arte. I couldn't help but overhear that you're good with animals, and that you'd like to join - is this true?"

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly16 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e6d4bf; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #514332; }
.freebjuly16 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly16 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#d6ac69; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... uly16a.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #796246; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#59452d; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
000+
[/html]
OOC - Thank ya ^^, That'll be just fine as that rank. You can skip the first paragraph if you want. It's just a ranting of the differences between Sky and Skye. ;3

She relaxed at a second voice, a female Secui stepped forward with a cream colored coat. She'd listen to Sky, and her nerves had calmed only a little. Sky was very intimidating. As this new individual stepped forward she felt less nervous, the calm and encouraging presence she made gave Mya more hope. Skye. She thought it was funny that they had the same name, and yet were so obviously unalike. She was also the leader of this pack. Woah, she found herself thinking. Maybe this pack wasn't so scary after all. Sure, it was more than likely that this pack was strong in numbers and a threat to others, but at least they were accepting her.
"Yes, you heard correctly. I'm Mya," she said, feeling more sure of herself. It was strange to be in her optime form when in the presence of dominant lupercis. Normally, she stayed in her lupus form with her head down so low that her nose scraped the ground. After her mother had been killed she felt risky to show any kind or form of dominance. Being careful and avoiding fights had become her expert area, besides helping wounded animals. On her thoughts of the rank she felt relieved that she'd been placed somewhere safe. Caring for animals that might be wounded or might not be was definitely better. She'd felt vibes that trying to be equal with Sky was seen as nefarious in her eyes.
She'd pause to let both of the lupercis say something, but her she came across something else to say. "I find it greatful of you to be taking in such a loner," she said, "I've been lonely for quite some time." She sounded so sincere with her words that it was possible the other wolves might think she was tearing up. Though she hadn't cried in many months. There was no way she could. Tears meant heartache. And though, when her family had been taken away it looked like her life was a tragedy, she hadn't had much problems since then. Now she waited for the others to respond.
[html]
welcome! Big Grin

Skye's face softened as her eyes met those of Mya; this girl was clearly no threat. The leader had met some before that did pose a sort of threat, something in their eyes that could be mistaken for malevolence, but there was none in this girl; she was certain that she was pure. Glancing at Sky for a moment with a sparkle in her eye, she looked at Mya once more as she began to speak again.

The girl said that she had been lonely - Skye herself knew what that felt like. She remembered a time when she had been younger and on her own, alone in the world of Nova Scotia, coming across spiked skulls and wastelands before she had found Shawchert - and her home. Skye eyed Mya for a minute, and then said; "Don't worry - you won't be lonely any more. Welcome to Cecatori d'Arte, Mya." Remembering what the girl had said about animals, she added - "Your rank will be Pastore - animal keeper. We have many animals in Cercatori d'Arte, and I hope you're happy here."

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly16 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e6d4bf; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #514332; }
.freebjuly16 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly16 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#d6ac69; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... uly16a.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #796246; padding: 130px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#59452d; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
000+
[/html]
Welcome to Cercatori d'Arte!Site - Rules - Ranks

Hello, and welcome to Cercatori d'Arte! You've just joined one of the many fantastic packs in the world of Souls; based on trade and good relations, this pack is perfect for a soul looking for a friendly place to stay - so welcome to the family! Some things you might want to check out in this unique pack are:

___1. Check out the pack game, where you can earn points to get cool titles and icons!
___2. Read up on the information about the ranks and co-ranks so you can advance in the pack!
___3. Look at the territory map so you can get a feel for the territory of Cercatori d'Arte and choose a house in Thornbury for your character to live in if you want!

If you don't know where to start posting, you can check out the thread requests forum or the open threads! You can also create or join an all welcome thread for some IC fun. Why not also start plotting with other members and begin a fun plot or activity that people can enjoy and experiment with?

[html]

WC:000+ - There's no place like home~ Exit Sky.

A wide grin crossed the wolfdog's face when her mentioned leader came onto the scene, smiling and not caring about Sky's (now usual) behaviour. Of course. Gotta give each new joiner a proper D'Arte welcome, afterall. She stuck out her tongue playfully, showing off the piercing there and then trotting over to stand beside and behind Skye. Those blue eyes lingered on the newcomer, Mya, though, ever lurking.

She allowed both women a chance to speak and do business before, as soon as Skye inducted the new girl, she spoke again, her tail swinging lazily behind her as she moved to stand on the other side of her leader in some sort of ocd quirk of movement. Welcome to D'Arte, little shepherd. If you ever need a people doctor, you come see me and I'll fix you up some good. She was said prior to a wicked, twisted grin, one she'd learned made patients squirm ever so slightly.

She looked to her leader and tipped her head. In the meantime, I should be off. Skye, I think I'll drop by sometime later today to check up on your little ones. Routine stuff, nothing important of course. She smiled much more kindly this time before turning, waving a saluted goodbye and then trotting back through the woods towards Thornbury where she lived. As she moved away, she called back to them, Take good care, little shepherd! And then she was gone.

<style>
[/html]
Ooc; Mya's last post here?^^ ((Crappy post))

As she heard the good bye, she smiled happily. Dispite so much intimidation and fear for the girl, Mya had to admit she felt pretty good about herself at the moment. She turned to Skye, her smile growing and nerves at last gone. "Thanks again, Skye. Anything else I need to know?" She didn't know exactly what rules might go with the membership of the pack and thought it wise to ask.
When she paused to let Skye speak her bright blue eyes settled on the Capitana's face. She already felt trusting of the female in front of her. Something seemed familiar and safe about the way she carried herself.
Everything was calm and peaceful when suddenly she realized something; she could step over the border now. The warmth of belonging spread over her. At the same time she felt pretty silly of herself, it was just taking a step or two over an invisible line. She hoisted a leg up, stepping over the line. She was beaming like an idiot and, wagging her tail. What are you? A month old? She turned back to Skye trying to act her age. She nodded politely at her, expecting she'd said all she'd like to say. "I think I'll go for a look around. Thanks again, Skye." She bowed her head deeply in appreciation. Her heart was soaring as she thought of what would become of her home. Home. She imagined how her mother's contagious happiness would be bright on her face. I know you're proud of me, Mom.