The light of the fire
[html]
<style type="text/css">
#awplottopic {width:510px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:auto; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... along2.png); background-position:center-top; background-repeat:no-repeat;background-color:#bfb7b2; }
#awplottopic .awtext {font-family: 'Rock Salt', serif; font-size:20px; text-align:; color:#000000; margin:0px 0px 25px 20px; }
#awplottopic .wc{text-align:right;}
#awplottopic p {text-align:justify;}
#awplottopic b {color:#68231c; font-family:georgia, serif; }
</style>

The light of the fire

Dated: Jul 14, after the announcements. Sorry for the little waitr\, dear!

He had sent the former Chief away when everyone but Chitsa had left with a rough "Leave us". The russet male had scampered away on those four legs without a word, and without dignity. Maska had not allowed himself to smile, but when the former Chief's sister lingered and he motioned for her to join him as he started walking towards the Town Hall, he did. The Guardians had all left now, even Nahele, starting their recruitments and securing the Village. He walked with light grace, his lean form barely carrying any weight, and his cloak flowed behind him. His Guide was nowhere to be seen.

Her pelt looked luxurious, nothing like her brother's. She carried her rank well. "I am glad you stayed, Chitsa", he stated, smiling. It was strange how she appeared so different from her brother, so determined and intelligent. Her brother's leadership had brought this tribe into grave dishonor; they should be glad it had not been warriors Chief Aatu had sent. His leadership appeared ruled by randomness and stupidity, sometimes sheer luck, but this sister of his had potential. "I am sorry about your brother" he stated, then. She would understand; obviously, he did not mean that he had pity for the Amara. He had pity for Chitsa, for the shame her brother had brought on their name.

[/html]
[html]
<3 It's all good. Yay for...awkwardness? >.>
Word Count: 404

Though she had questioned why the Councilman had asked her to stay behind, she remained silent of her confusion. There was nothing she could truly offer him — she was not a warrior, nor was she a craftsman or a hunter or a tender of the pack animals. Periwinkle eyes remained fixed on the features of the Ahote man. He had been so stern while addressing the rest of the Tribe, perhaps even cruelly cold, but as they left (she watched only for a brief moment as Dawali left in his shame), his demeanor shifted. The black-cloaked Guardians dispersed, leaving them alone to return to the Town Hall, and she watched a smile come to the jaws of the Anasgayv. It was strange to see him smile, bringing a handsome light to an intimidating face.

Her fingers found the thick, feather-and-bead adorned locks of her hair and worked to comb them in the all-encompassing habit that defined so many of her emotions as he spoke of how glad he was that she had remained. In truth, it had been because he'd asked, and because she had the respect enough to listen to a command from any Councilman. Chitsa held no allegiance to Dawali's leadership, there had been no reason for her to deny Maska his role within the Tribe that functioned so similarly to the Great Tribe.

He expressed sympathy for Dawali, and she understood that he did not mean he had pity on her brother. The Amara tugged loose a feather, working quietly to replace it as she turned away the concern she felt for the newly ranked Itawamba. "I apologize for how they treated you at the meeting, Councilman Ahote. Dawali is a good man, he simply...has had errors in his judgement, about what he's done and how he's taught them." She did not excuse his actions — the news that Chief Aatu was angry made Dawali's actions wrong, though she had thought certain actions wrong even before that. "And Nayati, he...his anger is simply out of concern for his friend." Again, she defended only the two men who mattered in the present: a brother who had raised her and what had been her closest childhood friend. If her mind had worked more like Maska's, there would have been more to apologize for, but her beliefs — while traditional — were not so extreme.

<style>
.zero-chitsa p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.zero-chitsa b {color:#7CC439; font-family:georgia,serif; font-size:11px; }
.zero-chitsa {font-family: tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#CDFF8C; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; background-color:#1C2313; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mk5ZI.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 225px 0px; border:1px solid #CDFF8C; width:500px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
#awplottopic {width:510px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:auto; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... along2.png); background-position:center-top; background-repeat:no-repeat;background-color:#bfb7b2; }
#awplottopic .awtext {font-family: 'Rock Salt', serif; font-size:20px; text-align:; color:#000000; margin:0px 0px 25px 20px; }
</style>

The light of the fire

Mwhahaha. Also, what the hell @ Maska's title? Who put that there? XD
Also, I am derp? They held the meeting at the ceremonial ground, which is like... 100 yards from the Town Hall? :p

He was pleased. The distance was very short, and he halted outside the Town Hall as they reached the door. The sickly male nodded solemnly as she spoke of her brother. Yes, he had erred. And Nayati had not been wise in his defiance. Still, he could see her point, and there was value in their stupidity. "Yes, I can see this. I am uncertain what the Chief will do about your brother, and I can understand the confusion in this tribe. Despite their lack of humility, they are at least passionate." He paused, glancing quietly at how her russet fingers combed those warmly colored locks. How strange, the difference between the pathetic excuse for a wolf he had just dismissed, and the glorious form of his younger sister. "Passion—" he said with a slow smile. "—is a good thing."

His gaze lingered on her dainty fingers, the locks of her hair that shone with vivid colors even in the evening light. He knew very well that she had no choice but to accept the words he had kept for her. She was too respectful. "There will be no need for you to move out of the Town Hall. You are clearly loyal to the tribe, have done nothing wrong, and I would prefer your company to the lack of it." Well. In reality, his Guardians would be staying there as well. But a spark of fire couldn't hurt.

[/html]
[html]
Hahaha. I think Sie did the title. And LOL, yeah. They're basically right next to each other. XD
Word Count: 312

Her feet found the path from the Great Fire to the Town Hall familiar and vaguely comforting, though she knew her nights would be different than they had been. Dawali would not be there for her to care for — instead, Maska and his Guardians took their place, and where did that leave her? If Kotori had been alive, she would have had her own home, but his death had been a difficult blow to carry and residing in the Town Hall with her brother had been a comfort, even if it was odd.

She listened to his words in response to her defense, and relief came over her as he seemed to understand. She would not be chastised for her opinions. She allowed an easy smile to pass over her face before fading as he spoke solely of passion. She could gather no hidden meaning in words, but focused solely on his smile as it again lit up solemn features with a faintly attractive light. Still her fingers worked to replace the feather she'd torn out, hands resting on her hips as the task came to its close.

Though the gesture was kind, in silence she wondered if it was a demand that she remain in the Town Hall, but she quickly realized it didn't matter. She would still have a home, even if it was shared with the now hated Guardians and Councilman — she hadn't had many friends in the Tribe to begin with, but she was sure that this would ostracize her further. Regardless, her features brightened as she offered Maska an appreciative smile. "Thank you. I didn't want to ask — it seemed inappropriate — but I appreciate this very much." She didn't mention the fact that she had no home of her own; it was clear enough as she was residing in the Town Hall.

<style>
.zero-chitsa p {padding:0px 10px 5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.zero-chitsa b {color:#7CC439; font-family:georgia,serif; font-size:11px; }
.zero-chitsa {font-family: tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#CDFF8C; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; background-color:#1C2313; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mk5ZI.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 225px 0px; border:1px solid #CDFF8C; width:500px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

The light of the fire

Hehehe :3 Marit fails at geography! Short post is short. Too hot to think :|
Ugeyudi = Lovely

She looked the part, and he studied her intently as she replied to his request. There was no telling why he was drawn to her, but right then she seemed the stark opposite of everything he loathed, and that was saying something. He did loathe quite a few things, and her lush coat reminded him of a few things on either side. The coyote-ish looks of the Red Wolves were appealing to him, despite his dislike of the smaller species. Smaller, and so much less, but Chitsa was not less. His Guide appeared from around the Town Hall's corner, nose high in the air and his steps careful. The hare was large, and as lean as Maska, and it stood on two legs and eyed her curiously for a moment before sitting down at the gray wolf's legs. Maska was uncertain whether she could see him, and replied without mentioning the Guide. "I am glad you accept," he stated, not naming it an offer. It had never been one, after all. He nodded at her and then the Great Fire. "Sacred embers do not burn for nothing, Ugeyudi. I knew there would be some spark in this place, as well."

[/html]
[html]
Since he wasn't sure, I went along and said she...could see the bunnybunny. >.> Also short. Yes, the heat'll kill you.

Periwinkle eyes slid across the surface of the Councilman's face, studying the curves and angles and colors. It was strange that she had no desire to leave the company of the Councilman, despite what had just been done to her family — though she knew it was right, it was an uncomfortable situation. Her fingers rubbed uneasily against the padded palm of her hand. Movement caught her attention as something, large and furry, trotted its way around the corner of the Town Hall. It wandered closer, met her eyes before sitting at the feet of the Councilman. When Maska spoke again, he didn't mention the hare, and so she remained silent and allowed her eyes to turn from it.

She smiled. Though she didn't believe the his offer had been voluntary, she was glad that there was no strain between them; living in the Town Hall together would be enough, and keeping it pleasant was all they could hope to do. Her eyes followed his gaze toward the burning fire, ears listening as he spoke. Ugeyudi, the word made her smile fade and a familiarly uncomfortable heat rise in the flesh of her cheeks. Still, she was respectfully silent. "I'm unsure if sparks are enough, Councilman. There are so many here who aren't born to the tribe...I wonder if they diminish the blaze." Without being born to the tribe, the Gata Hineyu did not think many of the members of this group were true AniWayans in nature. Did the spirits care?

<style>
.tlantli-supersimple {width:90%;font-size:12px;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;line-height:14px;letter-spacing:-.1px;word-spacing:.5px;margin:0px auto;text-align:justify;}
.tlantli-supersimple p {text-indent:40px;}
.tl-ooc {font-style:italic;line-height:12px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

The light of the fire

Har har ;> That's fine, it was upto you to decide, really! Smile

He could see her gaze flicker towards his feet, and he knew it was the hare she had spotted. While the Amara's usually had bird guides, the Ahote family had no tendency towards a species. There was much more... diversity between them. Sikyatavo hopped forwards and sniffed her leg, only to hop backwards and speak silently to Maska. The gray wolf somehow knew it was only he who could hear he words, and he smiled at them as the Hare spoke to him. It smells like fire, too. Best not to burn yourself." The Hare had a significant amount of attitude, but this time his chiding was only barely detectable. Maska wanted to reply, but he did not, though he was thinking that the "spark" was the one to beware. Given the right fuel, a spark could be a flame, and cause a whole lot of destruction. His face showed little of his thoughts, however his eyes glinted for a moment and he gestured towards the hare. "I follow Sikyatavo, Chitsa." he said, as an introduction. Maska knew of the power of the spirits, and he remembered (unlike so many other AniWayans) that it was he who was the follower, and Sikyatavo who was gracious enough to bless him with his presence.

Her blush was amiably handled, and Maska smiled. The smile quickly faded on the outside, however, as Chitsa poke of the outsiders - as he liked to consider them. Dawali had accepted them, and this was all and well, however they greatly outnumbered the AniWayans, which worried him. His smile continued on the inside; she was so fiercely loyal, this one - but to the tribe. It was truly admirable, and somewhat attractive. On the outside, however, his head shook from side to side with worry. "I agree. We shall see, but I hope they will understand in time. I cannot help but think they will think me cruel. They do not understand what dictates the tribe, it would seem." It would seem Dawali had not understood, either. Had he been high on the outsiders' lack of understanding when he took his rank? It was hard to say.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the wait.

He introduced the hare in a way she was both familiar with and unfamiliar with at the same time. He followed Sikyatavo — they all followed a creature, but she wondered how many remembered they were guided, not owning, of the animals. Her hand motioned to the forest, but she gave no words, for Mongwau wasn't present for her to display. The conversation continued on. She didn't mind, though the topic was unpleasant. The outsiders caused a smile to disappear on the face of the Councilman, head shaking from side to side. She listened to his words, but they didn't offer comfort.

"They just don't understand our way of life. They'll never be like we are. Even if they could manage to become real AniWayans..." Her voice dwindled as the thought faded. If they could become real AniWayans, then what? It wasn't as if she believed it could happen. She firmly believed the spirits did not treat them in the same way they treated those born to the Great Tribe. "...the Tribe would never truly be their family." It wasn't now. She wasn't. They were family only to those within this fragile, small off-shoot of the tribe.

She shook her head, a feather falling to the ground as she erased the topic from her mind. A faint smile appeared. "I apologize for how they've treated you -- you've done the right thing, they're just blinded by false allegiances." Even though she was Dawali's sister, and though she loved her brother as she loved the rest of her family, she didn't feel allegiance to him as a leader.

<style>
.chitsa-nametag {margin:0px auto;width:524px;background-color:none;background-image:none;background-position:top middle;background-repeat:no-repeat;border:none;padding:0px;font-family:times new roman, sans-serif;font-size:13px;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.5px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;}
.chitsa-nametag-ooc {font-style:italic;font-size:12px;margin:2px; padding:0px;text-align:left; text-indent:0px;}
.chitsa-nametag-ooc p {text-indent:0px;}
.chitsa-nametag-ooc b {font-style:normal;font-size:13px;}
.chitsa-nametag p {text-indent:25px;margin:0px;padding:5px 10px;}
.chitsa-nametag b {font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1px;}
.chitsa-nametag i {font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;}
</style>
[/html]