Joining a pack
1.Character Name: Kyleah
2.Character Birthdate: December 28, 2009
3.Gender: Female
4.Species: Canis lupus arctos
5.Is your character a Luperci?: No
7.How you found 'Souls?: I was surfing the web for a good wolf roleplay site and this one looked interesting.
8.Are you joining a pack?: No, I want to be a lone wolf for now
10.Profile or three writing examples:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Icicle quietly followed the Mountain pack, she eyed the leader. He had a strong build, much larger than the others, and due to being an alpha pup when he was little; he was prepared for the harsh winter approaching. Icicle had been following this pack for days. It wasn’t a very big pack. It only had 7 wolves. 6 adults, 1 teenager and no pups. She was pushed out of her old pack when she was very little because they didn’t need pups to slow them down. Wolves could be cruel sometimes. Now she was about 1 year old now and was hoping to be a part of the Mountain pack after being a lone wolf most of her young life. Lately the pack had been scouting new areas for empty land for territories and so any mark she made went unnoticed. Icicles’ nose tingled in the late autumn air. It had already begun to get a little chilly, but until it got about 20 degrees, she and the Mountain pack wouldn’t get too cold. Suddenly, the alpha turned around and looked at Icicle’s hiding place. Carefully, he approached slowly toward her. “You can’t hide from an alpha.” He said. “I have known about you for days, now.” Skittishly, Icicle crept out. “Sir, I’m sorry...” She was cut off by the alpha. “I don’t care that you’re here.” He said. “Just don’t sneak around like that.” Icicle stuttered. “But, I thought…” Once again her sentence was cut off. “Listen, you’ve got nothing to worry about. We are a small pack looking for our first territory and I’m in no mood to attack you. Ok?” Icicle nodded. “Ok.” She said, still nervous. The alpha sighed and rolled his eyes. “As the alpha of this pack, I want to know if you want to join this pack. So, do you? Icicle sighed in relief. “Yes! I would love that!” And then feeling she sounded too excited, she said. “I mean, sure. That would be fine.
Thus started her new journey…
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deep in Willow Forest, a new hope sparked in what was, at one time, a large pack. After Alpha Timothy died, the Mighty Mountain pack broke into sides and the great wolf war started. During the midst of the war Kylee’s mate, Jasin died. So, taking her only pup, Kaya, she retreated to a small cave, where she found a new mate, Alex. After having another 2 pups, Geogie, and a runt, who they didn’t name, for fear of the pup dying. Shortly after, Alex died. After such bad luck, more came. Kaya was killed, and Geogie disappeared. Kylee decided that it was finally time to stop getting mates and having pups. She quietly looked at her little cave and took the runt with her to a quiet, deserted den. After marking a small territory, she set to raising the runt, which she named Bryanne Asha, meaning strong hope. After 3 months of fighting for her life, Asha became stronger and started living up to her name. One day Kylee’s loyal friend stopped by to talk to Kylee. “You know Asha needs a father and you need a mate to hunt for you.” Nala said. “No, I don’t know. I’ve told you I’m not looking for a mate any more. I think Asha is just fine without a father.”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She knew it was about time for her pups to be born. Kaylee had not had pups before, but she knew where the perfect den was to raise pups. Some instinct told her this. The den needed to be far from the obea, but not in the hunting grounds. Behind her, her mate, Mist walked along, patiently waiting for Kaylee to decide where the pups would be born. Suddenly, she decided to start her own pack, so if she had a deformed pup, the obea would not take it away. The obea was the lowest ranking pack member, besides the omega, who takes useless pups from the mother and leaves it out in a remote area to die. Kaylee told Mist this and they traveled to an unmarked territory. There she gave birth to 2 healthy pups and a runt, who where to be named Shadow, the largest pup, Wind storm, the one with the most stealth any wolf had ever seen, and Jelly, the runt, who was friendly, but otherwise useless. Meanwhile, Maria, the obea, was checking for useless pups. When she found none on her pack’s territory, she left to tell Static, the alpha and Mist’s brother, the news that Kaylee had left with Mist to form a new pack. Static was amused and was proud to be a higher ranking pack then his brother’s new pack. 3 months later, Mist marked their new territory. He was worried that his brother would take over his pack, taking his mate and pups. Having pups was an advantage in a pack, putting you in the highest rank as alpha. In his brother’s pack, Mist had been the omega, Kaylee the beta with Bone. Kaylee had shown pity for Mist and became his mate and Mist had been advantaged and became beta with her. Bone had been pushed down to a fighting wolf, protecting the territory. When Kaylee was going to have pups, Static had told the obea. Maria became their constant shadow until they had left the pack. Bone became beta with Icicle, Mist and Static’s sister.Maria had become troubled when she could not have her own pups. Her mate, Static, put her as the obea and ignored her whenever possible. She was depressed and quietly took on her new task. She never enjoyed it, but it was the only rank for a wolf like her. She walked in the shadows and never cared who stared. She was in a dark world. Then one day, the new omega took to her and became her mate. Together they took the last deformed puppy and left the pack. She raised it as her own and named him Pawz. Her mate and she rejoined the pack as hunters. With new respect for them, the pack happily accepted them back in. Static wasn’t so sure, but somehow they had a pup.
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! We encourage you to keep checking out our information; you can find a wealth of it on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once -- the guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference.

If You've Joined the Game As a...
  • ... Loner, do begin considering which of the packs you'd like to join. Survival as a Loner is less realistic -- wolves and other canines are generally social creatures, preferring to live in a pack structure!
  • ... IC pack joiner, you can now begin posting -- you may start your IC pack joining thread whenever you're ready. Make sure you check the pack information to see if the leadership requires anything extra from you!
  • ... OOC pack joiner, the leader still has to respond here before you can start roleplaying -- don't worry, though; if you're rejected from the pack you'll be titled as a Loner, and you're free to pursue other packs or the same one later.
Post-Joining Process
Mandatory:
  • Make an In Character post within five days. Post a thread request to get started, or consider starting or replying to an open thread.
  • Please let us know in the Absentee Thread if you plan to be absent for more than four days.
  • Keep reading! While there's only a minimum of three topics you have to read to join the game, we provide a wealth of information for a reason -- we expect players to read and reference this material often while they roleplay at 'Souls.
Preferred:
  • If you're leaving us, please try to let us know in the Player Updates forum. There is no penalty for leaving; you're free to re-join at any time later.
Still Need a Bit of Help?

Post any questions you may have in the Questions and Help forum. Check the FAQ first, though! The Mentors can assist you with writing, roleplaying, and understanding 'Souls concepts. Failing all else, contact a staff member.

If you need help getting adjusted to your pack, you should talk to your pack leader! They can help you to understand the pack's rank system and how to get a better rank, as well as direct you to plots, potential thread partners, and active members of the pack who may be interested in engaging you.