You're One of Us [RO]
[html]
WC → 1, 307 :: Okay, the long of the short of it is, Selena comes across one of her visiting relatives (his speech is in green), and what is this, some shinies?! o: He brought her two horses, and a bow, gifts from Selena's daddy. The three beginning paragraphs are at D'Neville at IF, but then its switches up to Drifter's Bay, near Sunflower Sunsets

With the plants already watered and pruned of any parts that had either withered or were preventing any growth, Selena found her time in the greenhouse rather short that day. Usually, it would have taken a good few hours of the day, taking trips from the humid building to the lake that was also behind the mansion that was long ago deserted of humans. She had not thought that her self-given chore was going to be so short that day, and she had not planned to do much that day, and it was too earlier to coop her in the room she had claimed for herself in D’Neville. The Black found no interest in reading the books in the library, or to even seek more members of Inferni to indulge herself with, since she felt a bit reserved for some reason. As she stepped out of the greenhouse, its attendants all accounted for, the stark colored woman glanced over the property without searching for anything in particular, and found nothing of interest from her quick look over the grounds; everything was in its place, nothing was amiss.

She decided that she might as well go hunting. The long-eared rodent she had caught the other day would only sustain her for maybe one more day before there was nothing left for her meat supplies. The Discens quietly went to her second floor quarters, crossing no soul on her way, and gathered what she would need to go on a hunt: her cloak was the most essential, along with her sharp blade. It was annoying, how she had to wear such a stuffy covering when the weather was already warm enough, but she had long ago accepted that it had to be done if she ever was to eat. None the less, she pulled the coat over her head, her long ears poking through the specially made holes in the hood.

Selena had mapped the northern part of Inferni earlier that month, but she came to the conclusion that she would wonder some way from the clan’s territory, in hope of finding bigger game that a mere rabbit. It took her an hour of a moderate pace to formally leave the borders, the skulls now bearing empty stares into the cloaked woman’s back that littered the borderline. She had yet to find any prey that would please her, and by the time she had traveled more northeast, now in the area that was told to be Drifter’s Bay, it was already noon. Though this territory was more opened that she would have preferred, Selena was captivated by the shapes that was gouged into the landscape. It was as some monster’s claws had struck through the empty land, giving the territory its unique shape.

The woman had now long forgotten of finding any big game, and now was satisfied with just simply exploring the neutral lands. The air here was also different, she noted, as she scented a faint, familiar tang of salt in the air that showed it was near a large body of water. Momentarily, she was reminded of her old home, but now no feelings stirred in her chest; she had only missed few of her family members, but she was now resigned with the fact that they would soon grow into strangers that she did not want any connection to. Yet, she could always hope, she guessed, that one would perhaps be the black sheep that she was, one that would question the beliefs that the Blacks would try to brainwash them with. Hope was all she had for her family, since nothing could be help with their rigid prejudices.

It was the clop of hooves that interrupted her thoughts, her large ears flicking towards the sounds of something, or someone, approaching. A wind brushed towards her, bringing the scents of a horse, and a person half-remembered, but sure in her memory. With now with blue eyes widen, Selena watched as a Luperci on top of his steed came up over a small hill, with two smaller horses striding side by side comfortably. She was silent as the cloaked male took notice of her, and with a slightly quicker pace advanced towards the woman. With a quick motion, the man took off his hood, revealing a dark gray head with a shape of a wolf but ears of a coyote, a clear hybrid, with a big grin across his muzzle.

“Selly, can that be ya, meh dear? Oh, of course it’s you. No other person has as beautiful fur as ya,” the coywolf said merrily as the Infernian removed the hood from over her head, not looking at cheerful as the male. “Greeting, Uncle Jonas,” she said rather stiffly, though her tone also suggested a question, as to why he was here; she saw no reason why a Black needed to be here when there was already her, or did they not trust her enough to be on her own, did they underestimate her? Whatever reason, the girl’s uncle still had his grin, not disturbed by her clear wariness.

“Ah, Selly, as serious as ever, eh?” Jonas said playfully, “Anyway, I come bearin’ somethings that meh brother wanted to give. Now where is dat thing…” As the male started to search his back, or more like failingly patting it, Selena just started, even more surprised; her father brought gifts? That was something she did not expect, not from her parent whom was quite distant from her. “Ha-ah! Here it is,” the uncle said, victorious, as he extracted a long piece of wood─ a bow─ along with finely carved, pointed arrows, “Yer dad made dis himself, ya’know? Must be tough, huntin’ with ya beautiful fur, so he was smart enough ta think of using a bow an’ arrow.”

He then turned his bright gaze towards the two horses, who were nibbling silently at the grass, and the man gestured towards the two creatures with a pointed finger, saying excitedly, “He also managed ta get these fellas here, a mare and a good ol’ stallion; both are good natured, unlike those monstrous beasties at the ol’ house, ya’know?” Selena, of course, knew of the two older horses that her family kept when she was younger, who hated everything and anything but their one caretaker, Jonas himself. ”They also have some of tha stuff ya had to leave behind, like ya measuring stuff for yer maps. Still don’t understand why ya guys are so interested in dat kind of stuff, it’s beyond meh…” He hopped off his own horse, giving the beast a nice pat on his neck, and untied the two others with easy, walking them over to the girl and handing them their rope. “Do ya need help carrin’ some of the stuff to wherever ya staying?” he asked kindly, tilting his head to the side with curiosity, but a bit too much; it was obvious to the ivory she that he wanted to know what crowd the Black was hanging with, which made her upset, seeing that her family still did not trust her.

“No. I’m staying with this clan, called Inferni, not far from here. Interesting clan they are, they only accept those of coyote heritage, and get this, they don’t like wolves very much. They remind me very much of our family,” she stated simply, her words also hidden; she was staying with people who were as biased as the Blacks. “Okey, okey! I was just wonderin’!” Jonas said, dramatically holding up his hands in surrender. “Well, Selly, I guess I’ll be on ma way. I’ll give word that you are doin’ great, okey?” With that, the hybrid jumped back onto his own horse, and with short good-byes, the two parted, Selena leading the two horses back towards Inferni and with bow in hand.

Today I'm speaking my mind and if it kills me tonight, I'm ready to die

Selena Black
By Kiki
<style>
.kikifree05-ooc {font-style:italic;text-align:right;width:450px;font-size:11px;font-family:Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;margin:0px auto;padding-bottom:3px;}
.kikifree05 p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.kikifree05 b {color:#877d5c; letter-spacing:-.2px;text-shadow: .05em .05em .25em #000000;}
.kikifree05 {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/A8UGH.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family:Verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#d2935f; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:150px 0px 0px 0px; background-color:#2d1b0d;margin:0px auto;border:1px solid #000000;}
.kikifree05-wc {font-style:normal;text-align:right;width:450px;font-size:11px;font-family:Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;margin:0px auto;}
.kikifree05-name {text-align:center;font-weight:bold;font-size:36px;margin-bottom:10px;color:#8b7c74;text-shadow: .00em .0em .05em #000000;text-transform:uppercase;}
.kikifree05-quote {text-align:right;padding:0px;margin-top:10px;font-size:10px;padding-right:30px;padding-left:30px;}
</style>[/html]