Stardust n' Fireflies
Iskata had been worried since the day she'd discovered what Haku had done. She hadn't told Colibri anything yet, though she had spoken with Faolin to make sure those she cared about were fine. Today though she finally gave in and headed over to the pack that her niece and one time sister/packmate had made. She stood along the edge of their lands examining it and taking in the scents. She shook her head at the idea, the pack wasn't strong, barely any members at all it seemed. She raised her head and stared into the fading light before giving in and moving on into their lands.

She knew she should sit there like a good guest and wait for admission, but she didn't have the time or the heart to wait. She had to tell Colibri, she knew she said she wouldn't, but she didn't care what the hell Haku did to her, they needed to know the truth. She glided through the undergrowth and slid softly towards the center of their packlands without a worry or care on her own behalf. She had enough worries for everyone else, why care about herself.

The girl shook her head as she crept towards a scent she knew, one of her millions of relations it seemed here in these lands. It wasn't Colibri or Cercelee, which made her realize that it was Haku's sibling, Mew. She shuddered at the idea, wondering if his sibling was as twisted as he was. Something had definitely been wrong with the boy, it couldn't have been genetic could it have, it definitely didn't come from the Sadira's side of the family. She tried to convince herself of that, the one time she had snapped she'd been driven to it, and it hadn't been anything like what he'd done... there wasn't anything wrong with all of them was there...
[html]

Mew's den is in Wolfville so I sorta just powerplayed that that was where Iskata was heading, hope it's ok. Doubt Mew'd move far away from there, see.

She'd been up and walking around for the last few days, even though she probably shouldn't have. Her body seemed to handle it well though, and she couldn't help but feel restless just sitting inside the house. The weather this day carried with it a possibility of rain, and the femme did not want to risk it. Her infected shoulder was slowly coming along, but why expose it to the elements unnecessary? So, she had decided to sit inside today, sometimes poking her guitar with her nose wishing she was strong enough to shift and play it, sometimes staring out of the window. The view over the human city from the second floor of the house she had made her den was brilliant, even in cloudy weather. It was while enjoying this view she spotted a relative heading in her direction. Another aunt come to check on her? Perhaps. She felt rather overprotected sometimes, what with Colibri staying for a while after the birth, and Hanna checking up on her wounds prior to that. Haku had also been seen lurking around her place sometimes. But it was comforting in a way, she was still weak after all.

The ivory femme did not know what to think of the approaching female. She had never really had contact much with her family, particularly not outside of the litter and her mother. Her father she had not met, but she knew who it was. The femme approaching was his sister. Mostly, Mew was indifferent to her, neutral, though not in a rejecting way. She simply did not know her, nor what she wanted. It could be hard to find her though, standing there on the second floor, and thus she moved downstairs and outside to meet her. She might not know her, but that didn't mean she wasn't curious.

[/html]
Iskata had been following the scent into the village, and when the figure emerged from the building she stopped in the middle of the road and just stared at her. It had been so long since she'd seen so many of her family members that she wasn't sure exactly how to approach them. She smiled slightly, her brow creased from the worried look that crossed her face as she saw her beaten neice before her. Shaking her head she sighed and moved forward carefully. "Mew?" she said, the question of uncertainty in her voice, though with the looks and the scent she knew it could be no other, atleast she hoped it was Mew.

She sat back on her haunches in the middle of the road while she studied the lady before her. She didn't know what to say anymore besides asking her her name. She shifted her eyes to gaze at the ground below them as she tried to figure out where she was going with all this. She really didn't want to bring up the reason she was here, but she knew in the end she would have to. Raising her eyes to look up into the girl's eyes. "Are you ok? Haku... told me you were attacked.." it wasn't really a lie, he had told her.. but along with a great deal more of detail too.
[html]

Sorry, I've got a hell of a lot of exams at the moment, just posting now while giving myself a break from the books... I'll post faster once they are over Smile

She looked at the other, her fur such contrast to her own. Even though there were a lot of her relatives that looked as her, Melisande, and a few of Ceres' children, Iskata's furs were different. It was odd how genes messed with how one would think the outcome would be. She had expected her own children to be white like herself, despite the fathers' black fur, yet they came out looking nothing like herself in that manner. A touch from nature's side to form individuality, she guessed. It was sort of logical. In her current state though, some blood still stuck on her, and discoloring from not having had a proper bath in a while, they weren't that far from looking alike. Of course, Iskata's fur wasn't filthy, but color wise. The ivory femme looked dragged and weary, and she still was, strength growing stronger every day, yet by so little.

At her aunt's question, she nodded, hoping she would not ask further. Everything was o.k. as long as she kept it in her head, did not have to voice it. Or rather, it wasn't o.k., but less painful than when it was put into words and sound. She did not want to tell her story, and judging by what Haku had done, Iskata probably knew already anyways. Maybe they all did. Mew did not care, she had enough with herself at the moment. Haku had been hanging around, and so had Colibri for a while. She didn't have time to take in the presence of her mother and how it made her feel, but her spirits were lifted by her baby brother. He was.. odd sometimes though, and Mew wondered what went on in his pretty little brain. Thinking again, Mew figured just a nod would probably not be overly polite, and it opened a possibility to ask about her brother. Her voice breaking the silence from her previous response, she kept her face calm, not letting any of her pain shine through. Yeah I did... Where's he at anyways? He hung around here for a bit, but he seems busy with something lately..?

[/html]
Iskata searched the face before her as she spoke up. The concern for her brother almost made the younger wolf's aunt weep because she knew the truth and she knew she'd have to tell her somehow. She didn't think the girl before her would be able to stand the whole truth but she knew what was going to happen, there was no doubting it.. A life for a life, and the cycle would go round and round, neverending. She bit her lip as she swallowed the fear that was building inside her. There was nothing she had to fear from the poor girl before her, but what she'd already seen was more than enough.

Lowering her eyes for a moment the lady with the moonlight pelt tried to put her words together to find the correct things to say, in the end it didn't matter though. "I'm not sure where he's at now.." she knew where he had been, but where he was now she couldn't say. She raised her eyes to met those of her niece as she admitted the smallest slice of the truth to Mew. "He.. went to Inferni..." her eyes seemed to beg the girl before her not to ask anymore than what she said, but deep inside she knew it was just beginning.
[html]
SO sorry for the delay, I hate school Undecided
your picture is really pretty by the way! Big Grin
The hesitation from Iskata was so obvious it was nearly solid and touchable. He went to Inferni.. What would her brother go there for? He hadn't seemed extremely upset by the news of her misfortune, rather, he had not seemed fussed at all. But what he showed and what he felt would be two different things, and if he was half as good as herself at hiding things, she had at best only half a clue at what went on in his tender head. But, if he had gone to avenge her... What if he, too, had been attacked? She hadn't seen him in a while... Concern wallowed up in her mind; what was she to do if she lost him now that he had found her again? She wanted to shake the thought loose, but the words from her aunt's mouth did not let her. She might not want to hear the reply, and god knows how she would react, but she asked the question in her mind anyway. Her face was grave as she uttered the words, the pain in her heart a different one this time. The concern was unexpected, Mew found that she was nearly unfailingly always cold towards family members. But Haku was Haku, and her precious baby brother had to be alive. She needed him.

Whatfor? Is he o.k.?

[/html]
She flicked her ears back and forth as she tried to decide the best way to explain to Mew what exactly had happened. Iskata had hoped that Colibri or Cercelee would have known what had happened by now and would have informed the pack but Iskata's luck had run out there. Biting her lip as her troubled eyes searched Mew's face for any knowledge she finally gave in and came out with it. "Haku went looking for the coyote that attacked you." she didn't even want to continue with the rest of what happened but she felt that Mew had the right to know exactly how much of a true hero Haku was not. "He gave her about the same treatment she gave you.. No, that's not true.. he did worse than that." sighing softly she shook her head, she knew that wasn't the truth. her eyes seemed to flash with anger as she spat the truth out, "Mew, he raped her and left her laying for dead." her voice was bitter as the anger seemed to flare up inside her.

She had risen to her feet before she knew it and was pacing before the ivory pelted girl, her tail lashing back and forth as she scowled. "that's not all he did though.. Mew, I think something's wrong with him.." She didn't even want to say the words she knew were sitting in the back of her throat. She tried to bite them back because she had seen what Haku had done, she knew what he was capable of doing. She'd cleaned up after him and had cooed him to sleep when two innocent souls had been ripped apart by the same hellchild she'd called babe. She swallowed down the words that she was wanting to tell Mew, but instead she met the eyes of the younger Sadira, pleading with her not to ask further.
[html]

At first she was taken aback. She said nothing until the other was done, and then she gave it time. Good things and bad things. He was alive. He was.. sort of well. Her concern for his wellbeing was replaced by another worry. Perhaps there was something wrong with him, no sane person would go that far. But then again, she was glad. She was glad and proud that he had raped her, but the thought disgusted her. After all, he'd been inside of her. The thought made her shudder. But, he had robbed her of something precious, perhaps now she knew what it felt like to have the world ripped out from beneath her? She deserved it, and the ivory femme hoped she would never forget it. She hoped it rocked with the foundations of her life, and it probably did. Mew herself had never been raped, but she had met victims, and she knew what it did to them.

That is.. unexpected... In fact, she was at a loss of words. What could she say? She felt pride, and happiness at his dark deed. It was, perhaps, not in his place to avenge her, but she had been too weak herself. Ever since the darkness had started raining down on her she had nurtured a growing hate for the crazed coyote, and all other coyotes in addition. She wished they would die, the wretched scum was tainting the beauty of the lands where wolves were meant to roam. The thoughts darkened her eyes and she felt it rise to her throat. When she spoke, she was serious, and her voice was less melodic and more flat than usual. I don't know what to say. The filthy coyote deserved it

[/html]
Iskata drew back when Mew spoke. She'd thought that if Mew hadn't asked about the other things Haku had done she wouldn't speak of it, but with the words that flowed out of her maw the silver and gold lady felt anger boil in her blood. Anger flashed in her eyes as she blurted out. "How can you say that!" She closed her maw quickly and sat back on her haunches as she stared in shock at her neice. Finally she spoke up, her voice cold as steel, "Maybe you have some right to what you say, but do you believe the mother and innocent child he tore to shreds and hung up high for the world to see deserved their fate?" She held the eyes of her neice as she said the words, wondering just what she'd say to that.

Her brows furrowed together as she spoke on, "I don't know if you realize this but Haku has brought the wrath of the whole clan down on your small pack." The words cold and cruel as she spat them out. She knew that Mew had been through hell, but she didn't know the half of what was coming now.
[html]
lol, rambling! xD

Iskata continued to surprise. So Haku had taken it further. Had he done it for her? She didn't know. Honestly, she didn't know he was capable of such a thing, he had always been quite innocent, but weird, with her. It seemed unlikely that her baby brother could do something like that. His pretty face, tearing up "innocent" coyotes? None of them were innocent. They were a mistake from nature's side, small pathetic creatures that pretended to be like wolves. Yet when wolves were just and honorable, they failed, throwing themselves into paths of destruction and mayhem. She had met coyotes before, and every single one had been a wretched violent child of nature. They should not be here, and Mew would never allow them to carry out their twisted nature as long as she lived. The world was better without them. Still, Iskata seemed taken aback at her own harsh words, and she knew that they seemed unnecessarily cold. It was, however, not her fault that it was the truth. Her aunt needed to face that, and so did other wolves. Passionate words came flying out of her mouth without control, she was carried away with the hate within her.

Innocent... Perhaps the two in particular did not deserve it, although nature has its way of turning every coyote to violence eventually. They took my children, Iskata. They took everything I had, and they will pay. If it is war, then it is war. I did not wish for that, but Haku did what Haku did, and it cannot be undone. Perhaps he is twisted, or ill, I don't know. I never thought he'd be capable of doing wrong. But it isn't wrong to me, even though I don't believe in needless killing. She paused to think. It wasn't as if she delighted in the thought of dead coyotes, in particular. Perhaps some of them were not damaged, perhaps some of them could be saved from the violent path they were destined to follow. If so, she would want to save them. The little pup whom Haku had killed could have been such a being, and she wished he had done it differently. Also, they weren't involved with her case, so why had he killed them? If he killed just to kill, then he was surely twisted. She would have to speak to him about it, confront him, because she could not bear the thought of her brother falling into the same pit as the coyotes she hated.

When she spoke again, she chose her words more carefully. She had to, obviously Iskata did not approve of her opinions, but she didn't want to get off on the wrong foot with another family member. She needed support in this, she needed them all to understand what made her tick. I will speak to him, he normally does what I tell him to, or at least it seems as if he does. Perhaps it was my tale that drove him to do what he did, and if so I take responsibility. I do not approve of needless killing, even if they are coyotes; the two he killed had nothing to do with me. I will make it clear that I do not approve of him killing needlessly in my name.

[/html]
Iskata stared at her niece as she listened to the passion building in her words, the words that Iskata returned seemed emotionless though they were not. Iskata may have been disgusted that her own blood hated coyotes with such a ferocious passion. Shaking her head the words fell out between them. "Asphyxia wished me to pass her apologies to you, she never knew you were pregnant when she attacked you. Oddly enough she feels the same, you can't take back what Haku has done, and she can't take back her past actions..." She stared at Mew with hard cold emotion in her eyes as she finished her words. "Perhaps none of us can help how we feel after the things done to us, but if you don't think that a child can walk a different path than their clan you've never given anyone a chance." She didn't think that her niece would give anyone a chance now, but she could always hope.

Shaking her head at the words her niece said she felt her ears pin back against her head as she spoke up, emotion finally overriding her cool. "I'm not asking you to take responsibilty for this.. just to know what he's capable of.. Haku didn't act like he knew what had happened when I found him.. He acted like a small pup lost and afraid..." her words seemed to be strained as she tried to stress what exactly had happened. She wasn't really sure she could get Mew to understand. "Just.. be careful Mew. I know part of him is your brother but there's something dangerous there too..." She wasn't going to argue with the girl, she couldn't make her understand why she cared for the coyotes at all or what she'd been through in the past but she wanted her to know they weren't all bad.. she just hoped that things wouldn't grow worse than they were..
[html]

Though her words were more carefully chosen, and thus she appeared calmer, in truth the fire was still raging within her. Mew tried not to think of all the countless pains she wished upon Asphyxia, and attempted to listen to her aunt's words. It was, however, hard to keep her concentration, when Iskata once again mentioned the female coyote's name. Heat flashed in her eyes as she replied to the blatant lie that her aunt so clumsily had presented, yet her voice was flat and so cold one could almost reach out and touch it. She knew very well that I was pregnant. She spoke of me being, what I recall, "twice the meal", and I was pretty big back then so it would have taken a miracle for anyone to miss that fact. She paused, keeping her green eyes fixed onto the blues of the other femme. She would not believe that for a second, although Asphyxia might have lied to cover the truth; that she was a crazed, wolf-eating creature. I also doubt whether her apology is sincere. It's more likely just a result of Haku's actions. When I escaped it seemed the only thing she regretted was the fact that I would not be dinner.

She did not comment on the fate of the child. Even though her own had died, she did not wish that other children would, coyote or not. They could be saved. Perhaps besides Asphyxia's children. If she ever got the chance, she would take from the coyote what was taken from her, it was only fair. Her rage was replaced by worry for her brother. He had acted like a pup? There had always been more to him than she had known, but she did not believe he was broken. I don't really understand... Haku has always been a strange one, to me, but seems intelligent and quite normal, if a bit egocentric. He lives in a world of his own, but I've always seen it as innocent, if odd. Curious for details, she decided to ask further. If she was ever get to the bottom of what Iskata really meant, she needed to know more. But.. What do you mean, he acted like a pup?

[/html]
Iskata watched as her niece reacted to her words, when she was over and done with her snappy comeback at the mention of Faolin's mother Iskata gave up even talking about the scene again. "Fine. I can't change how you look at the world.. I can understand that.. I just promised I'd give you her words." She stared down at her niece with a darkness dimming her normally bright eyes as she shook her head. She wished that this wasn't what it came down to but she knew there was nothing she could do to change anyone anymore.. she should just give up trying... but they were family and they were still something to her in the end.

When Mew questioned her on the actions of her brother Iskata's look grew to that of annoyance as she scuffed and glared at the younger female. "What do you think I mean? He whimpered and cried like a a helpless child. When I found him and finally coaxed the events out of him he tried to hide underneath me like a fear struck babe. Do you need any further explanation. Something inside of him is twisted and strange.. He's not who you think he is.." She stared at Mew, wondering if she thought that she could control him, the words she'd said before setting her nerves on end as she warned the ivory lady. "Don't get yourself killed trying to save him Mew.." the words were quiet, but the concern shown in her eyes as she watched her brother's child before her.
[html]

The ivory femme let her aunt's words about asphyxia pass and allowed her to bury the subject. It was clear that the two disagreed on several aspects of the world, and despite the fact that she did not want to argue the situation was tense nonetheless. She gave up trying to patch it up once the other's behavior changed to that of annoyance. Was she not allowed to ask, perhaps? Mew felt annoyance rise up inside her as well, and she did not try to hide it. I'm sorry, I only wanted to understand. A scowl "decorated" her face as she spoke, but she snapped out of it. There was no reason to maintain the tension, and it was getting in the way of what was the message. The worry she had felt was now solid, and she knew she needed to talk to her brother soon, if not for anything else than to clear this up. She wished Iskata was lying.

Thank you for letting me know anyway. I will.. give it some thought. It was true, she did appreciate it. She hadn't been out much after the incident, and missed out on much, it seemed. The ivory femme looked at her aunt, cocking her head as her green eyes swept across her face. They had never really met, Mew just knew that they were relatives. Though, despite their unfamiliarity, Iskata had come to warn her. She traced the conversation back in her head. She had acted out of line, perhaps. She had not been able to stop herself; the mention of those wretched creatures was enough to throw her off her usual calm stand. In reality, she was always calm, but lately... Nothing was what it had used to be, and she was changed in so many ways. Mostly to the negative. She sighed mentally, regretting her behavior. Green eyes stared at the ground as she spoke, quite ashamed. She was not after sympathy, she was apologizing. Forgive me, Iskata. I'm not myself these days...

[/html]
Iskata knew she shouldn't have let her emotions get the best of her but it was too late, she'd already done that. She had been up on her paws pacing back and forth slowly as she watched Mew, wondering just what was ticking in her niece's mind. Shaking her head sadly as the woman spoke she let go of her annoyance and gave the lady a weak halfhearted smile. "Don't. Don't Mew.. I understand... I was the same way once, when Clouded Tears had gone to war with Inferni.." She cast her eyes down as she paused in her endless pacing.

Studying the ground for a moment she spoke back up, her words soft as she remembered her own lifechanging events she'd once experienced. "I only disagree with how you feel because I can't hate my best friend.. nor can I hate my first born son for what he is." She raised her eyes to gaze back at Mew as she revealed the reason why she tried to keep an open mind on the subject of so many's hatred. Lowering her head slightly she huffed and turned her gaze back towards the woods where Kansas was resting, out there in the same lands where Haku was roaming. "I'd better go... my youngest is waiting my return.." Pausing to look up at her niece once more she nodded to her before returning on her way. She'd done what she could.
[html]

The tenseness she felt evaporated as they both felt shame, and Mew glanced up only to find that Iskata, too, was studying the ground. She felt young and inexperienced as Iskata spoke of how she had used to be. As if anything could change the facts of the world. Or perhaps they could, her brother Haku was living proof that one could easily live in a world of his own. Maybe Mew did not live in the same world as her aunt, and she never would. Maybe Iskata had had her world changed at some point, just like Mew had had hers changed now. The ivory femme did not know everything in this world, and she knew that very well. But right now she lived in a hateful world, and she was enjoying it to some extent, did not want to leave it, nor think it was possible to do so, or to change it. It was facts to her, and it seemed as if it would always be like that.

Again the other's words threatened to build up the rage within her. Coyote blood in her family tree.. She shook the thought away, tried to justify it with Iskata probably being a good mother. But how could she be, when she socialized with the one Mew so desperately wanted to kill? Or coyotes at all... She did not want to think about it, she did not want to let rage build up in her again. She hated arguing, but it seemed it was all she could do lately. Persons were allowed to disagree, and if she expected people to accept her view of the world, then the least she could do was accept others' views. She nodded as her aunt mentioned that she needed to leave. If she had children to tend to then Mew would be the last one to hinder her. Lifting her head for good this time she searched Iskata's face with her green eyes as she was leaving. Speaking to her back, her voice was quiet, not with envy, but sincere gratitude this time, and nothing left of the previous negativeness. Of course, go tend to your child. And thank you for this, Iskata, I mean it. She turned away herself, and started to walk back to her house. Now to confront Haku, and the troubles in both their minds.

[/html]