Tale as old as time
[html]

SPARKLE SPARKLE. Yes I'm using your table. Setting is nighttime, say midnight ish, at zee library :3 WC: 466

Giselle could see the darkness through her window, and the stars powdered into the sky. A soft wind blew through, making the curtains dance and play on her half-covered face. With a small sigh she drew the covers over her head, wishing sleep would come. Thoughts plagued her, and kept her awake, and for a few quiet moments she lay there and listened to the breathing of her companion on the floor next to her.

The young girl couldn't quite understand what kept her awake, but neither did she expect to give up. Slowly her form rose, and the moon from the open window met the pink silky gown that adorned her. Tux's beady eyes blinked in the dark, and he squeaked towards her, shifting to get up. "No, it's okay Tux. I'll be back soon~" She assured him, knowing the one place that would put her thoughts at ease, and so the weasel settled back into his bed. Shuffling along the carpet, Giselle found her way out of her room and clicked it closed behind her.

If there was one place the white and cream colored girl could be at this hour, it was the library. Slowly she slipped past the kitchen, and shivered slightly as her feet met the cold tile beneath. Her eyes settled onto the common room, which still had a small fire burning within it, but not enough to cause alarm. Giselle smiled as she kept herself along the wall until she was in the library.

Leaving the door behind her partially ajar, she was able to see even in the moonlight that shown through the large window. This was where Giselle could be, alone in a world full of books. Ever since she laid eyes on the room, when she first became a part of the Dreamers, Giselle had thought she had found her own paradise. Even Element, the cat she had the pleasure of meeting all those moons ago, had an impressive collection of books. It was impressive to where she knew she had to borrow a few - but still, the Manor held many surprises.

As Giselle flitted to a wall of books that she considered her favorite ones, she began to search for a book she had her eyes on for a little while. Upon finding it, a genuine smile crossed her face and lit up her eyes, looking at the title in the moonlight. "Beauty and the Beast," she whispered aloud, saying the words as if they were a magical incantation. It was an enchanting book. Sitting down on the nearest couch, close to the natural night light, her dainty hands began to thumb through to the page she had left off on. And there she sat, left to her dreams of princes and magical roses.

<style>
.txtsparkle .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.txtsparkle p {padding:3px 0px; margin:0px;text-indent:25px;}
.txtsparkle b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.txtsparkle .line1 {width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.txtsparkle{background-color:transparent; background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/rbbOA.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:0px solid #a2aea6; font-family: garamond, georgia, serif; font-size:15px; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; }
.txtsparkle .inner {margin:0px 33px 10px 33px; padding:10px; background-image:none; border:0px solid #9aada6;padding:40px 10px 0px 10px;}
</style>
Table by Gen!

[/html]
[html]
300+
TALE AS OLD AS TIME. SONG AS OLD AS RHYME. 8D

Silvano lit the candle that he kept by his bedside table. Rubbing at his eyes, the boy - no, he was almost entirely a man now, wasn't he? - took it in his hand as he rose from the bed. The wax dripped lightly down the candle and onto his hand, but he did not mind the hot sensation. His free hand rubbed at his eyes. Sleep did not come to him tonight. Or maybe it had, but he did not remember sleeping very much. And now that he was awake again, he needed help falling asleep. It was really rather annoying; it happened a lot. Silvano was feeling as though he was becoming more and more of an insomniac. But he did not mind, he had the library to keep him company.

His parent's door was shut, and so was his younger sister's. The floors creaked, but they were old enough that neither one gave too much of a care, so long as they didn't shame the family. So the Sadira yout- man found his way past the burned down fireplace and downstairs. The wood croaked at him like some old frog but he continued down. No one else stirred, but it was late enough that the young ones were long passed out and their parents passed out with them. The rest were either out and not coming in for a long time or were relaxing in their own rooms.

The fire near the library was still burning, but it was nothing too out of the ordinary. What was out of the ordinary was the sight he came upon inside the slightly ajar door. As he entered, he eyed the door strangely, as though he had never seen it before. The candle in his hand was melting onto him, but he still ignored it, especially when he jumped at the sight of Giselle sitting on the couch he usually stretched out on. "Geh!" he exclaimed, almost dropping the candle. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't know anyone would be in here." He was not about to leave, but he was a little put off by her being here.

<style type="text/css">
.silvtext b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.silvtext .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.silvtext p {text-indent:25px;padding:0px 15px 2px 15px;margin:0px;}
.silvtext{width:500px;border:0px solid #000;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4k5Dt.png), url(http://i.imgur.com/WcToU.png);background-position:top center, bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:garamond, serif;font-size:15px;line-height:16px;padding:15px 5px;}
.silvtext .line {width:150px; border-bottom:1px dashed #000; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Everytime he's seen her, she's falling from something. Lmao XD WC: 368

The young woman thrilled in getting lost in books - stories that captivated her and which she related to her own life. It also tied her to the last reminder of her father, whom had been a bookkeeper himself before they lived alone in the forest. She loved the ones she had gotten from him, but now there were endless books for her to pour over - ones she could learn from or simply enjoy.

She leaned forward, just getting to the part where Belle was entering the large, dark castle for the first time, in search of her father. Too lost in the words, her heart jumped (as did the rest of her) when she heard a voice. A familiar one, at that. Tearing her eyes away from the book, Giselle nearly jumped out of her seat just as Silvano was fumbling with the candle he held. "Oh!" She had half gotten up out of surprise, but in the dark she stumbled on herself and found herself falling forward onto the plush carpet. The book flew from her hands as she used them to catch herself from completely falling, the book spinning towards the boy's feet. Mahogany hair spilled over her shoulders and face, but as quickly as she tripped Giselle scrambled to get back up.

A blush of embarrassment caressed her cheeks, hoping the moonlight hadn't caught sight of her form falling for the other to notice. "Silvano, is that you? You scared me," A small laugh came from her, to cover up the sight of her fall, and brushed back her hair as she looked across the room. Giselle had been right, seeing the boy's tall form through the flickering candle he held. "I -- what are you doing up so late?" She inquired lightly, hoping the fiasco a few moments before hadn't woken anyone else up. She took a step forward, to retrieve her book, but hesitated slightly. "Should I leave?" The question was out of respect for the young man, looking up at him in the dim lit room. 'Elle couldn't sleep, and so found her escape there in the library, but did not want to bother anyone else at the late hour.

<style>
.txtsparkle .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.txtsparkle b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.txtsparkle .line1 {width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
.txtsparkle{background-color:transparent; background-image: url(http://i.imgur.com/rbbOA.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:0px solid #a2aea6; font-family: garamond, georgia, serif; font-size:15px; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; }
.txtsparkle .inner {margin:0px 33px 10px 33px; padding:10px; background-image:none; border:0px solid #9aada6;padding:40px 10px 0px 10px;}
</style>
Table by Gen!

[/html]
[html]
300+
trolololol

"Y-yeah it's me," he stuttered, setting down the candle in the metal holder he kept in the library for his nightly forays. He gave a little cry of pain, 'ouch', as he licked a finger that felt the hot wax at last. Taking the candle holder, Silvano gazed at the woman, girl, woman? - before him. She seemed disgruntled all of a sudden, and he had no clue why. She was shifting her hair, and the Sadira couldn't help but notice her neck. He snapped out of his brief moment of rude staring and looked away. The book she had been reading had slid before him and he picked it up gingerly. Beauty and the Beast? This was what she was reading? He flipped it to and fro, reading the back cover and the spine.Giselle really seemed to like fairy tales and stories.

"I didn't mean to scare you." Silvano sounded more sure of himself now, letting golden candle light illuminate the female's face, and his own. A quick glance back at the book, and the Sadira handed it back to Giselle quickly. "Beauty and the Beast. Haven't read it..," he admitted, rather guiltily. He could almost imagine the reaction she was going to give him. Exclaiming that he had to read it, that it was a must read. He could hear her outrage already.

She questioned him, and the boy flushed as well at them. "I.. nothing. What are you doing here so late?" he shot back, striding to the shelf that the girl had found the book in the first place, moving lithely around Giselle. He waved his fingers over the titles on one of the shelves, and pulled out a thick book. It was an older one, but he was sure that the bright girl would not mind at all. "No, no, please. It's a library for all of us. Not just me." Even though more often than not, he was in here reading or writing.

Silvano sat down on the couch the woman just vacated briefly, taking the side beside her's. "Maybe you'd like this book?" he asked, holding it in his lap. It was a book on tales by the brothers Grimm.

<style type="text/css">
.silvtext b {letter-spacing:1px; letter-spacing:-.05em;text-shadow:#fff 0px 0px 1px;font-family:verdana, garamond, serif; font-size:12px;}
.silvtext .ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto; width:500px;}
.silvtext{width:500px;border:0px solid #000;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4k5Dt.png), url(http://i.imgur.com/WcToU.png);background-position:top center, bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:garamond, serif;font-size:15px;line-height:16px;padding:15px 5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Brother's Grimm... TAINTED FAIRY TALES. Lul this will be great XD WC: 308

The pale princess merely stood there, dumbfounded, but kept a smile on her face. She watched as he set the candle down on the table, the light flickering and playing on both their faces. Eyes wandered as he had picked up the book that flew from her hands upon her fall, and a gasp of surprise escaped her. "Oh, you must! It's a lovely story," she began, until the subject had changed to him answering her question. Tucking a strand of hair back, wrapping her arms around the book he had given back to her, she retreated back to the couch. "I couldn't sleep," came the answer that was obvious to both in the room. Powder blue eyes watched as he, too, picked out a book, obviously not disturbed by her presence in the library. Truthfully, she did not mind the company. Silence was never something Giselle cared for.

To his invitation for her to stay, she sat back down on her side of the couch, legs tucked to her side, as both the filtered moonlight and candlelight played upon her. Glancing up, she watched as the young man picked out a book and sat next to her. The young girl, slowly becoming a woman herself, noticed how the boy beside her was growing into a man all his own. Though it was dark, she was still able to define the toned arms and how tall he was getting.

She looked away briefly, playing with her long hair, which was only pinned back by a single flower, until he asked her a question about the book that now lay across his lap. Turning to him, cradling her own book in her arms, 'Elle leaned in slightly with interest. "What is it?"She inquired. Giselle knew the young man had loved books too, and was sure it was something intriguing.

<style>
</style>
Table by Gen!

[/html]
[html]
300+
trolololol. link to the cinderella story because I am lazy.

Of course he had to read it. Eventually, he would, but it would be a little while before he got to that side of the bookshelves. He only knew where this one was because someone had pointed it out to him once before. The Sadira had never read it before and did not know exactly what was in it. But he knew what the gist of the book was and the origins of it; it had been in another book so naturally he knew about it that way. But he had no clue what the stories were, just that they were the original fairy tales of the humans. That might prove interesting and Giselle did like stories and magic and all that sort of stuff.

Silvano could not help but notice the way she pulled back her hair. Honestly, it was all purely scientific of him. Really. Clearing his throat, he held the book in front of him, so that Giselle could see the cover. It was a newer edition, obviously, but the original was in the 1800's and Silvano was sure he had never seen a book remotely that old. "I.. I don't know the stories, but I do know they're fairy tales. These guys, the brothers Grimm? Went around and collected stories from people that were passed down for hundreds of years. And wrote them down. But that's.. that's all I know..," he mumbled.

Opening to the first story, Cinderella, the youth began to read, but by the end of it, he was pale faced as the blood rushed out of his face. The moment he finished the story, he closed the book and silently held it in his lap. That was a terrifying fairy tale. They told this to children? Blinded by doves? DOVES? Silvano turned to Giselle, horrified. "I.. I'm sorry. I didn't know it was.. it was.."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OH GAWD XD WC: 417

At the mention of Silvano holding a collection of fairy tales, Giselle couldn't help but give a girlish squeal. It delighted her to think of several fairy tales all wrapped up into one book. If only Giselle could do the same; going to everyone she knew and writing down their fairy tales. Little did she know that not everyone was wrapped up in dreams, singing songs about life and true love, with their head constantly in the clouds.

She looked on to see the story about Cinderella, a story her father once told her about. It had a handsome prince that fell in love with a girl who was treated poorly by her stepmother and stepsisters. Giselle smiled in thinking she would be told the same story, the one she knew well, and so she shifted and faced the young man on the couch.

And then he began to read. At first, it started as it should have, though Giselle had to admit that there were some things she wished she hadn't heard about poor Cinderella. The further the story went along, the wider the innocent young woman's face became. At some point she had drawn her knees up towards her chest, forgetting about the book she had which was now on the floor, her hands wrapped around her legs. Her feet tucked themselves in closer to the ending of the story, and soon her smile disappeared. If her fur hadn't been a snowy white already, Giselle would have become as pale as the boy had just then.

He could feel her gaze on him, but by now her head was low, wanting to curl up into herself and disappear. The story was awful, and not at all what she had been told by her papa. It was not the book nor the story she knew and loved. Giselle felt her heart sink, and glancing up at Silvano's equally horrified look, small crystal like tears began to film over her eyes. "W-who would do that? ..Th-that's not the r-right story. That's.. so awful." And just like that, she could no longer hold back the tears that streamed down her cheeks, and she turned her head away from the boy. She rested her forehead against her drawn up knees, dark hair framed around her like a closed red curtain. It moved along her shoulders as they began to shake, feeling a deep sadness for a character who may have lived happily ever after, but with a dark twist.

<style>
</style>
Table by Gen!

[/html]
[html]
000+
trolololadorable also Giselle should convince him to wear pants at least.

Clearly the story had upset her. Her own look of horror was more than enough to tell him that much. Silvano was so guilty for reading her this story, but it was not entirely his fault! He figured they would be cute little stories the old peasants told their kids about a future they wanted (though obviously would never happen). But that was just horrible! What kind of a parent would read a story where a beautiful bird pecks out the eyes of two women. Who also cut off parts of their feet so that a shoe would fit them? That was not only horrible, but also twisted and sick. Who were these sickos who thought it was appropriate for kids to read this trash?

As tears began to fall down the woman's face, Silvano's maw parted as he tried to find the words to comfort her. But none came and he found himself grasping for straws and coming back with air. Giselle was crying into her legs, which she had pulled up into her chest. But that still left the fact that she was sobbing because of him. Too old to cry in kind, the youth stiffened, confused as to what he was supposed to do. Then all the books he had read flooded into his mind. He relaxed and pulled her into him, so she wouldn't cry into herself and ruin her dress. Thankfully, he didn't wear clothes so nothing could be ruined. "Please don't cry.. Please..," he mumbled at her, trying to be suave but knowing he failed at something he only knew from a dictionary definition.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 394 Let's ignore the fact that dogs can't cry >_>; I can imagine readers right now going: "D'awwwwwwwwwwwwww :3"

Never in the young woman's life had she heard such wicked things about a story. Every story she knew and read about had happy endings, where bad things just disappeared. Wicked witches were slain, curses were lifted, and princes would save the damsel in distress and they would ride on a beautiful stallion into the sunset. And they would live happily ever after.

But not this story, this dark and twisted tale that Silvano read. It had driven Giselle to tears, the first that any had seen her cry in a while. The truth of it was, was that the story broke her heart. For a brief moment it shattered all hopes and dreams in her young mind, destroying every little trace of light there was within. If this was how she was supposed to feel with each of the fairy tales from the book in the young man's lap, then she didn't want to hear anymore.

Her body stiffened slightly in reaction to the comforting touch the male gave, but the tears continued. They soaked the lower part of her gown, where she leaned into it, but then she felt herself being drawn in. Giselle allowed herself to be pulled into his strange half-hug, removing her head from her knees and instead finding it resting along the male's mottled shoulder. Her right hand curled, and came to rest just below her face, on his chest, and she lay there against his side. The tears remained falling, but Giselle knew she had to stop, or it would soak into his fur as it had her gown.

They eventually had, and her sobs soon became small murmurs into his fur. 'Elle felt strangely comforted by the man, whom she was not angry at for reading the horrible story. It was how it ended, in its strange way, that had saddened her. After a few moments there, refusing to look up at the man with her tear stained face. "I'm sorry.." She said after a while, watching the candle on the opposite end of the room flicker. "If.. if that's how all their fairy tales are, then I don't want to read them." It was true - who knew what else that book contained. As it lay there beneath her, in the man's lap, she deemed it a wicked book... one she'd never dare pick up.

<style>
</style>
Table by Gen!

[/html]
[html]
300+
DOGS ALSO DON'T WEAR DRESSES. WELL. WITH FREE WILL AT LEAST. CAPSLOCK

The woman, girl, woman cried into his side and the youth did not know if he was doing the right thing or not. Clearly she was not crying because of him, because she was crying into him. Not that he minded though. He felt suddenly accomplished. Honestly, this was about as accomplished as he had ever felt. Not counting the time he shifted. Or first read a book on his own. Or met the foal who was going to be raised to be his. But this was a different kind of accomplished. Silvano wrapped an arm around the woman's shoulders, and rubbed her upper arm as he would have if one of his sisters was crying in his arms. Maybe it was entirely instinctual?

But when Giselle stopped crying, she didn't look at him. Maybe she was angry with him for reading the story to her? The awful, awful story? He felt flustered at that thought. He hadn't meant to read it to her. If he knew it was horrible, he would have put it on a shelf high enough that she couldn't even reach it. But no, now he got her upset at him and she wouldn't even look at him. His ears flattened, and the Sadira youth slipped his arm away from her to lean down. He grabbed the book she had held before and held it tightly. The Brother's Grimm book had been set aside, so they wouldn't have to look at it.

"What if we just read this one instead? It's nicer, isn't it?" he tried to coax her into it, hoping she would smile back at him. Silvano did not like to see girls cry and this was definitely one of those moments when he wanted to make sure she didn't cry. "It might be better." He put the book into her lap and once again wrapped an arm around her again. Tentatively of course. She might shake off his arm.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

SHH. IT'S MAKE BELIEVE DUH. WC: 319

The young woman felt comforted by the boy's presence there, and a part of her knew he wouldn't have read that to her intentionally. Giselle remembered the look on his face when he finished the story, though briefly as she had a ghastly expression on hers as well. It only took moments before the pale colored princess had realized that she had lingered on him too long, and was glad as he shifted to move the wicked book aside and pick up hers.

She sat up slightly, no longer leaning on him for support, and wiped the remaining stains off of her cheeks. Pushing her dark hair back into place, away from her face, she looked into his emerald eyes as he held the book out in front of them. Giselle's mood changed instantly, breaking into a happy smile and giving a wide-eyed expression. She knew this was his attempt at making her feel better than the story he read, and so she forgot about the discarded book altogether.

"Oh, it is a lovely story~" she mused, remembering the part she was last at. Her legs shifted as the book was placed into her lap, and she held it, but had not moved far from the boy. Giselle froze there when she noticed the man's arm lightly draped around her, but did not mind the notion. He was only trying to comfort her, after all. She did not want to be rude and move away, and so she remained in close proximity of the knight-to-be.

Looking at him, she smiled, and then glanced back at the book. It was best to start from the beginning, like all stories must. "Once upon a time," she began, in a light and airy voice that did not seem suited for the midnight hour. It was then that she began reading, about a young girl named Belle and her tale with the Beast.

<style>
</style>
Table by Gen!

[/html]
[html]
300+
thesneakysneaky hasn't happened yeeeeet /teases

Silvano simply sat there and listened to her read the story. It was a typical fairy tale, with the morals of good folk lore. Kindness over beauty, personality over appearance. Typical stuff. But somehow, that sort of thing suited Giselle just fine. Maybe it was because she seemed to see the world through a story book's pages. It really explained her absentminded behavior and excitement over the littlest things. And the chipmunk. It so explained the chipmunk. Where else would a girl befriend a rodent when she should otherwise eat it? She also seemed to dance to the beat of a different drum, if the cliche could even be applied. She wasn't dancing to a different drum, she was more or less dancing to the beat of a different musical instrument altogether.

While the woman read to him, Silvano couldn't help but watch her expressions shift as she told it. And how much she seemed to enjoy the tale. It was cute, but it was not entirely something he was too into. It was a girl story, but he did enjoy the part of chivalry and honor. That was more his speed. But it fit Giselle plenty, and the man, boy, man couldn't help but grin slightly as she read it, with every inflection of the tone. Then, grinning at her broadly, he paused her reading of it. His smile was easy.

"You really like these stories, don't you? The ones with lots of twists but nothing too bad? Happy endings, huh?" If he remembered correctly, she had said once she had been looking for her knight in shining armor on a white stallion to come find her and whisk her away. His horse wasn't going to be white, but maybe that would still do for her? But he also remembered how her body seemed shocked and stiff when the Sadira male had pulled an arm around her the second time, long after she had cried. Geez, he was confused.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

MAN-BOY-MAN. It sounds like a pre-pubescent hero XD. WC: 453

Just like a parent would read to a child, Giselle changed her expressions and tone of voice with the good parts and not-so-good parts of the story. She hadn't even realized she had been doing them, for they already came naturally to her, but neither did she notice the boy's grin at watching her read the story. The pale princess was too wrapped up in the tale, but loved getting to the happy ending. Nothing thrilled the young and naive woman more than to hear how happy the girl turned out to be, discovering the beast was a prince all along.

When she finished, there was a quirky smile on her face, satisfaction and dreams glittering in her eyes. Though the young knight-to-be next to her had paused her near the end of the story to inquire about her true passion for these stories - which went beyond reading them - she waited until she was finished to answer him. "Well, of course. Don't you? Doesn't everyone love a happy ending?" She glanced into his eyes briefly, wondering. It didn't make sense to the young woman how no one could love these stories, but to Giselle they were life itself written in words, for all to discover.

Then she looked away, and across the room. The shadows on the wall danced as the candle flickered across the surface. A dreamy look came across the girl just then, as she closed the book and hugged it to her chest. "Oh, can't you just imagine it? Finding true love where you least expect it? Knowing that a prince is never far away to rescue you and steal your heart~" Her mind briefly thought of Ezekiel, the prince she met from the north. He was enchanting, though she didn't expect him to have such large ears. The young girl wondered if she'd ever see him again.

As if being lifted up by some magical force, Giselle stood up and twirled on the spot before the boy, still holding the book in her arms. She giggled, simply taken by the idea of being Belle herself, locked in a castle and yet finding the good in something so large and hideous. "Oh, true love is.. is everything. It's amazing. And it's right here, in these books." Giselle showed the book to him, relating the concept and a fairy tale together, yet the way she spoke could make anyone believe that she meant every word. With a broad smile still on her youthful face, she drifted over to the shelf and placed the book back into its location. Giselle would read it again, soon. She loved hearing the same tales told time and time again... for they were endless.

<style>
</style>
Table by Gen!

[/html]
[html]
300+
I AM GONNA ROCK YOU. SURPRISE!

The youth shrugged, knowing that a happy ending would be wonderful, but they happened so rarely. However, he had already soured her mood once; he was not about to do it again if he could help it at all. "Sure, I bet everyone wants a happy ending of their very own." Everyone wanted to be happy, so it had to be true for everyone. Why would anyone want to be a sour puss all their life and know it was all pointless because they died? "I know I want a happy ending. Well. Sort of." He was not really ready to let his story disappear after his happy ending, but no story ever told what happened after. Did they stay happy? Or did they encounter more things to test their happiness? And their love?

But as the woman glanced away, clearly day dreaming, the Sadira tried to figure out what she gazed at. It was nothing but the candle and the flickering shadows, so the youth glanced back at her, watching her. "Don't you want to try and find it? Why just.. wait for it to come get you? What if the prince is busy and you have to save him?" It was such a strange concept. Silvano came from a family of strong women who got what they wanted, so it was hard to imagine a girl waiting for the prince to come on a valiant steed to climb the tower to save her. Silvano was never very good at climbing walls; that was always for Artemis to do. She was adventurous. Maybe he was the one destined to be saved? Nah, he wanted to be knight and knights don't need rescuing.

Suddenly Giselle rose up and spun on the spot, eliciting a laugh from Silvano who was caught unawares. "I know my parents found it." Giselle swept away to the shelves, to put the book away. The youth rose up, watching her twirl away, dress following her movements. It was hard not to get excited with her, speaking of love and adventure. As soon as the book filled the gap, the man took her by the hand and twirled her away, laughing. Then, caught up in excitement, he gave her a kiss, surprising even himself.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I AM SHOCKED. LOOK AT MY SHOCK FACE :OOOOOOO. Dis mah last post, obviously ;D WC: 658

The girl listened to the young man's wishes, and how he too wished for a happy ending. "You'll find it, and it'll be a very lovely story~" she mused, almost wishing she could write it herself. 'Elle knew the boy loved books himself, and so could write his own life's story if he wanted. Before she stood, her pale blue eyes rested on his face quizzically. She hadn't thought of it the other way around - where the prince had to be saved. When she stood, she finally answered him. "A prince is never too busy to find his one true love." And it was true, at least in the girl's eyes. Giselle hadn't once read a story about a girl having to save a prince. It did not seem as romantic.

Her smile grew wide as he laughed, the moment she rose. The moonlight played upon her fluttering form, and smiled softly when Silvano mentioned his parents who had found eachother. Giselle said nothing, however, as she put the book away, while the young man had gotten up at the same time. She turned away from the shelf, only to feel herself being twirled all of a sudden. He grabbed her dainty hand, and she giggled at the unexpected movement, and he laughed along, but what the young princess didn't expect from the knight-to-be was his next move.

The bright moon cast a long shadow on the pair, silhouetted against the window, like a perfect stained glass image. His lips were upon hers, as if the talk of true love had given the boy courage, and Giselle's heart fluttered in surprise. She could do nothing but stand there, pale blue eyes as round as the moon as she stared back into his closed ones. The mahogany haired girl could feel the warmth emanating from the young man, but Giselle was too shocked to move or react fast enough.

It wasn't at all how she imagined - she wasn't even sure if it was real or a dream. In all of her books, 'Elle had read that it was the prince who would find his one true love, whether she was already a princess, or a common damsel. He would save her from something perilous, going on a wild adventure just to rescue her, and then they'd live happily ever after. But this, in Giselle's mind, was not how it was supposed to be. Silvano was no prince, he wasn't yet even a knight. Caught up in a world of fantasy which had become the girl's way of life, what happened there in that dim lit room was not how it was supposed to happen in the story. In her story.

She found her eyes fluttering closed for a moment, before breaking the kiss as if it were a spell. When she opened them, she had already taken a step away from the young man, and had slipped her small hand out of his larger one. "I.." She managed to breathe out, but nothing came. Giselle could barely look into his emerald eyes, her face flushed with a mix of unexplained emotions. "I--" Her eyes ventured a glance into his own, but they were not the same as she remembered moments ago.

This wasn't how it was supposed to happen, and for the first time Giselle found herself flustered, and at a loss for words. No amount of song could help. "I have to go.." Turning away, she would find tears beginning to crystallize on the sides of her eyes, but there would be no one to wipe them away this time. Like a butterfly Giselle had pushed back to the entrance of the library, and in moments she was down the hall and gone like the night. The story was left unwritten, one that had taken an unexpected turn. And Giselle flung herself into bed that evening, but would see nothing but emerald in her sleep.

<style>
</style>
Table by Gen!

[/html]
[html]
300+
archive at yer leisure

Silvano had never kissed anyone other than family before. So this was a first. But it was entirely her fault that he did it. She kept talking about true love, and romance, and that sort of thing, that he could not help himself. It was too easy. And she was so pretty, and he was so tired of thinking so late at night, that it had seemed appropriate. Silvano thought she would have liked it, because she kept talking about things like that. Like princes, like magic, like love. So the youth had kissed her in an attempt to go along with her current theme. But something was wrong when she did not giggle back away happily. He did not really mean it the way she probably took it. Well, maybe, but he was not really sure. They barely knew each other, so who knew?

Giselle pulled away from him first in reverie and the in shock. The first he had figured would happen, if the fairy tales were to be believed. All the girls were in a state of mental bliss and surprise, of joy, that they just blanked out. But the shock was unexpected, because it was not happy shock, but sheer shock. Like bombshell. He looked confused at her as she stuttered through her words, looking as confused as he thought she sounded. Was he not supposed to have done that? It was all very confusing. The talk with Ghita had not helped much, then. Silvano was just as lost as ever.

There were no words for him to say, even as he watched the young woman flee before him, away with no words to him. How could he call her back? Silvano did not want to apologize; he felt there was nothing to apologize for. Why was it wrong? He stood where he had when he kissed her, hand on his neck and through his curly hair. Tail tucked between his legs, he simply looked out the window with a saddened expression.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]