Seeking Acceptance (leader Needed)
Ram has been walking for days, still well fed and watered he came upon a certain smell which was strong, misleading. He stopped dead in his tracks and began sniffing around the dirt, realizing he stumbled upon a pack. He sniffed more and more he walked along the border slowly as he let his nose go to work. He's ears perked to try and listen to what was going on.
"this is interesting..." He thought to himself as he kept sniffing.
He then sat down and stared across the landscape in curiousity. Something about this pack had caught his attention and he wanted to know more. He yawned all this thinking having made him tired as he kept debating. He began to pace the border yet again this time slowly as he watched his mind slowly giving in to the idea. He admitted defeat as he stopped pacing.
"Now to get their attention...." His mind trailed off.
He inhaled a large breath, and began to howl in his deep tone. The sound would echo through the landscape as it ended he put his head down.
"that 'oughtta work" He would smirk to himself as he laid Flat on his belly the bottom of his jaw against the ground waiting for attention.
[html]
You didn't mention a time of day in your post so I hope you don't mind it being set in the morning Smile. To increase the length of your post you can discuss your character's past, emotions, and the scenery. Welcome to souls!

WC:300+

It was simply another day in Crimson Dreams for the warrior. Things had been fairly uneventful for the past few weeks. He had managed to visit Halifax a couple times and even meet a few members of his family he hadn’t seen before. It amazed him how far the Marino’s stretched across souls. He had been fully aware that Naniko and Ehno had pups but they had never searched out the land. Even if they had he wasn’t sure how Savina would take it, after all she was rather touchy when it came to sensitive subjects such as Naniko.

Today Jazper had decided to start his daily rounds rather early in the morning in hopes of avoiding the scorching sun later in the day. As he moved his body wandered in and out of the boarder lazily, his brain still wishing he was in bed. There was a constant ruckus in the forest this early in the day as there were no predators up and about and the birds, rabbits and squirrels took to socializing at this strange hour. Stopping briefly the giant stretched his Halfling form forwards, reaching out his massive claws with a yawn. As his body relaxed once more he gave a little shake of his fur. Perhaps earlier was not better?

Within a few more steps the Knight heard a call. His ears perked in the direction the noise had come from and he started a lazy trot in the general direction. The figure of a timber wolf caught his attention as he closed in. Slowing to a walk he lifted his tail and head proudly. “You called?” Jazper hadn’t responded to a strangers call in some time but it was likely that not many of his pack mates were up and about yet. Although he looked intimidating due to his mass and body language he attempted a soft smile to reassure the male.

[/html]
Ram stood up slowly, his head stayed down but his eyes made contact. He stared for a second astounded at the size of the wolf, who was a a little bigger then Ram. He inhaled slowly catching the morning air as his tail found it's way between his legs. He looked around not intimidated but more so in searching as he tried to figure out what to say to the male.
"Pardon me, I didn't think about what to say."
He chuckled slightly as the words finally came to him.
"I have been wandering all over souls for a very long time...at first for survival. then I began to search for a pack. I was discouraged by the first few packs, they seemed weak and unimpressive. But from the scent alone this pack smells strong... I imagine it is quite powerful. You come to greet me at the gate, I have never met a wolf greater in mass then I until now. I am more impressed yet....My reason for grabbing your attention is that i wish to become a member of your pack. I feel my skill set would eventually be an asset, or at least be helpful"
He stayed in a bowed position, making sure to be as respectful as possible as his amber glowing eyes stared straight into the larger canine.
[html]
OOC:

There was a silence as the younger male began to rise from his spot on the ground. It accord to the coal wolf that this male was not very old at all. It appeared as though he might even be younger than his eldest son and daughter, Aro and Sophia. When he had been that age Crimson Dreams was just forming after the reorganization of Twilight Vale. It was ironic that he should think of such a time so often now that Soran had returned to the territory. It had been so long since he had seriously thought about how things use to be and how spry he had been in his younger age. Now, although still a young wolf and quite healthy, he was burdened with the safety of the pack along with five children who seemed to always be a handful.

Finally the male spoke but what he said was not what was expected. Joining in with the wolf’s chuckle the friendly giant’s partial smile turned into a fun loving grin. At last the words came to the stranger and the warrior sat his rear on the ground to listen intently. “Crimson Dreams is indeed strong. We have many wolves and consider ourselves to be a family.” Laughing lightly at the mention of his size Jazper’s confidence grew, “My name is Jazper Rhiannon-Knight.” His voice remained calm and collected, “Large wolves run in my family. My eldest son is only a little smaller than I and my two younger boys are catching up.” He beamed with pride as he shared his joy in his sons. Not to say that Fia and Sophia weren’t loved, as he would die for them in an instant, but there was a certain pride a father had for his boys. “This pack is under my protection as Centurio and you can be assured that we value peace and friendship with the other packs. We don’t take lightly to troublemakers.”

Looking the male over he noted that he was a fair size himself; maybe he was another warrior for their ranks? “Crimson Dreams has many with different skills. Which particular skills do you have that could benefit us?” It was an age-old question, the question of ‘what can you do for us?’. As far as the Knight knew every canine who wished to join a pack was asked this

[/html]
The younger wolf sat back now, his tail came out from between his legs and met him at his side. He smiled at the pride that this wolf took in his sons, thinking it good he does so. This lightened up the mood a little more as Ram had brought his head back up, but made sure to keep eye contact.
"It is good to have such genetics, I assume your boys are strong warriors not unlike their father."
He gave a polite smile at this comment too.
"My name is Rammus"
Ram's chest puffed out a little more in his own pride as he started to have little twitches of movement, a sign he was anxious.
"I am a little to young to have pups of my own, but I assume by that time I will be equally as proud of them as you are of yours."
His jaw is ajar, his tongue had been moving between upper and lower jaw in thought.
"My powers are my strength, speed, and size. You would know all about those wouldn't you?"
He had a good laugh at his joke before continuing.
"I would work on athletics as a pup in order to catch my food when I got older, my mama used to tell me that I was extremely fast for my size. But I'm not unbeatable. I have focus that may be too good for certain things as I usually ignore my surroundings while locked in combat. I have a few scars upon my neck to prove it. I'm also not very sneaky....which is why I'm so athletic. When it comes too hunting I made sure I was faster and stronger then the competition seeing as I can't be smarter."
He had another good laugh relaxing in the presence of this wolf.
[html]
OOC:

The topic remained on his family for the moment being, keeping the silly grin plastered on the proud warriors face. There was no doubt to anyone who knew Jazper that his family was his pride and joy. After searching for something to belong to for so long he had all but thrown himself into his protection role in the pack and now was a very dedicated father. He adored every one of his five pups and would always be their father until death separated them. His dedication had been proven by his actions over the past couple years.

“Yes. It certainly doesn’t hurt.” He admitted, adding a small chuckle to his voice. “But I try to teach my boys to respect all gifts. They are blessed to be able to have the strength to do as they please but that does not mean that they should.” Ever since he was a young pup his own father had taught him to respect others and take care in the way he treated others. He could always use force to get what he wanted but that wasn’t in Jazper’s values.

Taking note of how Rammus straightened at his own name Jazper nodded his greeting yet again. It was a strong name for a warrior. Listening to the boy’s skills he was surprised to hear of his speed. It was difficult for Jazper to keep up with the smaller wolves of his pack who were certainly much faster than his large body could ever dream of moving. “Speed is an unique talent for someone of your size and I could always use more warriors to help out. Although Crimson Dreams has many wolves not many of them focus on fighting or protection. We do have a couple very talented medics however.“ His voice had returned to a more formal tone, not quite the laughing father that Rammus had seen moments ago. Lifting his large head into the air he released a deep drone into the air, a call to leadership to join him. As the note echoed into the forest he regarded Rammus once more, “Be sure to show your respect.” It was a friendly reminder as warriors were always welcome in Jazper’s mind.

[/html]
Ram had nodded as he lowered himself again his belly on the ground once more as thoughts ran through his head.
"Who is the leader? will they seem respectful towards me? will they be kind? will they be mean? What type of species? Are they as big as Jazper? Will they be impressed with my size? My strengths? will my weaknesses break the deal and they reject me?"
His ears had straightened now listening to know which direction the leader would come from, his claws digging into the ground in anticipation, his eyes searching the skyline for any signs of movement. His muscles all flexed from anxiety as he began breathing deep slow breaths, calming himself down.
"What's the leaders name so i can address him as so?"
He asked the question tentatively unsure if the leader was even a male. The feeling brought back emotions from his time as a puppy, when his mom would be showing up with food he would have the exact same reaction from the sheer anxiety. This brought a smile to his face as all his muscles would finally relax, his claws retracting from the dirt as he lay breathing softly beaming with excitement.
[html]
hi, i'm alli, welcome to CD Smile

The wolf's ear turned at the sound, her previous thoughts broken and in their place the sprouting of a new and more prudent idea. She knew the voice, and the tone and the nature of the call. Her experienced mind knew it well. The summer had brought them many lone souls that sought the protection of the pack. Was it fear of an impending winter ahead that made them look to their cordial hospitality? What ever it may be she began the hasty trot in the direction of the voice, instinct telling her where to go and what scent to follow. Jazper was a loyal member, residing in the manor with the pack's heart for years and Anu picked out his scent as easily as she did his voice.

If she had not approached them as the pack's second in command she might apologize for her delay, aging bones always the scapegoat in her mind. But she wore perked ears, and a curved tail that was raised above her back like any other proper leader. Blue eyes looked at the dark warrior, proud and glad that his protective duties were being fulfilled. "Jazper, who is this?" She addressed the black male with a small smile.

<style type="text/css">
.anujuly01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9eae7; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #81837d; }
.anujuly01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.anujuly01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#c9cdc6; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... c9cdc6.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #81837d; padding: 100px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4e504a; letter-spacing:.5px; word-spacing:.8x; line-height:12.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
~

[/html]