Frozen in the headlights
Welcome to Cercatori d'Arte!Site - Rules - Ranks

Hello, and welcome to Cercatori d'Arte! You've just joined one of the many fantastic packs in the world of Souls; based on trade and good relations, this pack is perfect for a soul looking for a friendly place to stay - so welcome to the family! Some things you might want to check out in this unique pack are:

___1. Check out the pack game, where you can earn points to get cool titles and icons!
___2. Read up on the information about the ranks and co-ranks so you can advance in the pack!
___3. Look at the territory map so you can get a feel for the territory of Cercatori d'Arte and choose a house in Thornbury for your character to live in if you want!

If you don't know where to start posting, you can check out the thread requests forum or the open threads! You can also create or join an all welcome thread for some IC fun. Why not also start plotting with other members and begin a fun plot or activity that people can enjoy and experiment with?

[html]
WC: 400+
YAAAAYYYY!

“Capitana?” She arched a brow and looked at Shawchert. “Not Secondo?”

There was confusion in her eyes, but it was obvious that she was working through this news. She knew that Skye would make a fine alpha but the fact that Shawchert wasn't the leader any more worried her, for Shawchert's sake. What had happened? Why had he stepped down? Or maybe he hadn't stepped down, perhaps he was stripped of his title. It could have been the stress of what happened. Maybe, inside, he wasn't the same man anymore. Or perhaps he did not lose his title completely; this could be an interim rank trade. There were so many possibilities, and so many questions she could ask.

Recovering quickly from the shock, Orin blinked and nodded, her blank expression quickly becoming grateful of Skye's words. “Thank you, Skye, it means a lot to me.” Her words were pure truth. In a way, Orin could have been seen as a betrayer of the pack. In her time of need instead of depending on the pack for survival as any pack-wolf would have, Orin ran. She had taken two puppies from the pack. Sure, they were her puppies, but she had still deserted with no word, and the children were of the leader's blood. It was unliekly that the folk of Cercatori d'Arte viewed it this way, but Orin still weighed that possibility. At least now she knew that she was not a vagrant in the eyes of two people who mattered the most.

“I don't know what's become of this old place,” she motioned to the building nearest to her. “But I think I won't be resuming my old duties there. The girls and I will be checking out the Treetop Terrace with Shawchert.” Then as a joking aside to Skye, though still loud enough for Shawchert to hear, she said, “but between you and me, he still thinks like a man. I'm not exactly sure how smart it will be to have these two there.” Finally relaxing a bit more, Orin winked at the both of them. She was sure that somehow this new place Shawchert offered would make a wonderful home, but the mother in her still had to be skeptical until she could see it for herself.

“So, have there been any big changes while I was gone?” She quickly looked apologetic as the elephant settled in next to her. “Except... the obvious. Okay, no, wait, what I mean to say is...” She had to just ask, hopefully they would respect her straightforwardness. “What happened?” She looked back and forth between the two as she hinted toward the ranks.

<style>
.orinflamingos p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.orinflamingos b {color:#E27196; font-size:12px;}
.orinflamingos {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7E93AC; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; width:480px; background-color:#E1E7EE; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #6D85A1; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... /orin2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:230px; padding-top:5px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC:350 OOC: contradictor!

Yes she was confused as she got the welcome from Skye and her introductions to the puppies. Shaw was quiet as they spoke and smiled a little though it faultered some feeling indignant as she said she wasn’t sure the pups would be safe.

“Oh come now, I built the place, even has safety ropes around the bridge areas, I’d never endanger children so easy. I can even make stairs for them to climb up in the forms they have now.”

Shawchert would make any changes he’d have to, to make sure the pups were ok. The houses themselves were stable as could be, mostly attached to the trunks of the trees and had a stable frame underneath. He half smiled half frowned when she asked her final question. He took a deep breath then started speaking.

“Things were rough after you left. Many stopped having faith in me, including myself, i did my best to find who had done it to you, but I didn’t know, I had no evidence leading to Argul, and then he struck again, and again, first he slaughtered animals and well he threw the entrails all over sky’s house then he took the live of one of valinta’s pups, when I caught up to him I thought I’d killed him. Once he really was dead though... life was harsh and I got a message from my old home. I had been tracked here and was told my mother was being held hostage. I dropped everything and left. I knew it was better that someone take leadership and if I had the time to make sure things were stable here I would have. Unfortunmately I was too late, i couldn’t save my mother nor the pack members here. I stepped down as leader the second I left here leaving Skye to be our leader, she’s made great strides here.”

He said, his story sounded rather pathetic, but it was the whole truth. He would let Skye tell her about whe changes that happeend inside the pack.

<style type="text/css">
.shawchert-road b {font-weight:bold; color:#27425a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawchert-road .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.shawchert-road p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.shawchert-road {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#6a81a3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BiKuV.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 210px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#b6c1cf; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sorin
[/html]
[html]
sorry for the lame post, am typing this as i'm on the treadmill

The woman nodded as Shawchert told Orin what she hadn't known before about the pack - about the stepping down and his leave. She felt a surge of irritation - if Sky had just read the letter her former mate had left her and shared the information to the pack, they needn't have worried or been in distress for as long as they have - what was done was done, she supposed, but she still wished that the singing healer had read the letter and saved her pack the heartache that not reading it had done.

She smiled modestly as the man said that Skye had made great strides in d'Arte after she had been made leader. She turned to Orin, thinking she ought to know all the changes that had come about that Shawchert had missed. "After Shaw left," she said to her white-furred friend, "I changed the ranks. They're rather general now - the main branches are Stage, for singing and dancing and acting, Traditional, for writing and paint, Merchant, for the ambassadors and salesmen, Craftsman, for the carpenters and builders, and Livestock Keeper - we have over seven horses now and quite a few sheep and chickens," she finished.

"We also have a large caravan for trading expeditions - we had one just the other day with Cour des Miracles. We got many things for our supplies." She paused. "I suppose you could say we're more of a trading pack now than anything."

<style type="text/css">
.freebjuly13 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e9f2f9; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #7f96b6;}
.freebjuly13 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.freebjuly13 {margin:0 auto; width:415px; background-color:#81acc1; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... july13.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2d586d; padding: 150px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2d586d; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
000+
[/html]
[html]
WC: 500+

Orin grinned conspiratorially as Shawchert took meager offense to her joke with Skye, though they all knew it was in fun, but all humor was gone as the man began to tell his story. She wasn't ready to hear about the other crimes Argul committed and froze when she heard the name. He even only summarized the events but still it shocked her to hear. The woman froze like a deer in headlights when he began to explain the havoc the gray devil set loose on the pack, but it was when he mentioned another pup killing that her eyes welled up with tears. “He did it to someone else, too?” Grief welled within her. Poor Valinta. Orin hadn't even known the woman very well, but they were pack sisters all the same. “Is Valinta still here?”

And there was still more. As if all of that wasn't enough, Shawchert had face even more strife. She was curious of details but wouldn't dare ask him to relate more. Not with her pup's sensitive ears so close by, even if it seemed like they weren't listening right now. And not so soon after reuniting. There was still so much to process.

“I'm sorry,” she moved closer to Shawcher and rested a tiny hand on his shoulder. A meager offer of comfort. She knew from her own experiences that no words would dilute the pain of what he had been through.

Orin composed herself while Skye began speaking. She filed each bit of information away in neat little sections of memory – all the things she would get to as soon as possible, including visiting Valinta if the woman was still a part of Cercatori.

With her hand still on Shawchert's shoulder, she turned to Skye as the Capitana filled her in on the rest. “I can see how a change in the ranks might prove useful. Morale must be up a little, and it sounds like everyone might feel a little more encouraged to collaborate. And after last winter, livestock is probably one of the best moves for Cercatori yet.”

Naturally, it had been only a matter of time before a pack that put out as much product as d'Arte did would begin to sell its wares. It was a good thing. Now the art and legacy of Cercatori would spread throughout 'Souls, and the pack would prosper from the hard work and immense creativity of its members. “Some time in the future I might like to join one of these expeditions. At least... if it's going to the Court,” the idea was grand, but the thought of traversing the woods and visiting other packs made her sick to her stomach. In time that might wear off... might.

Orin glanced to her right in time to see Juliet laying on the ground, happily chomping away at some unidentified object. Before she could say anything the item was sucked in and gone from sight. Orin rolled her eyes, “Juliet, you can't eat just anything you see! It's been a long time since we ate,” now she was talking to Skye and Shawchert again. “Is there someplace we can grab a quick bite?”

<style>
.orinflamingos p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.orinflamingos b {color:#E27196; font-size:12px;}
.orinflamingos {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7E93AC; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; width:480px; background-color:#E1E7EE; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #6D85A1; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... /orin2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:230px; padding-top:5px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC/WC

Shaw remained quiet as Skye spoke, he nodded his head, agreeing with her about all she said and thought what she had done was for the best. Shaw was happy that there had been at least one competent leader in the pack. He smiled a little at Orin’s own agreement. Yes it was best for a little change. He had changed drastically since the day he stepped foot in ‘souls. Her sudden outburst on something entirely out of context brought Shawchert sharply into reality. His heart stopped as Orin scolded their daughter and he saw the unidentified object.

“What did she eat? She won’t get sick or anything will she? Cant’ you get it out of her mouth”

Shawchert was now in protective mode and he took a step forward but it seemed that Orin did not have any problems with the girl eating whatever it was. He bit his lip in thought. Nodding he pointed to where he lived now himself. He was feeling sheepish already for his outburst of worry at the mother who had taken care of her pups alone for the last few months

I had just caught some food not long ago, you are welcome to it, I was going to prepare them for an evening meal.”

He had been so used to hunting for multiple wolves that he always caught too much, he would put whatever was left in the stores in the hunting lodge when he was done, but with the three new mouths he was sure that he wouldn’t have to worry about leftovers.

<style type="text/css">
.shawchert-road b {font-weight:bold; color:#27425a; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawchert-road .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.shawchert-road p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.shawchert-road {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#6a81a3; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BiKuV.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 210px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#b6c1cf; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Sorin
[/html]
[html]
This thread is pretty much in wrap-up mode so I thought I'd just make a final post. Skye, I know you've been busy so you don't need to worry about posting here. We can assume they all went to lunch together, if that is ok with you. If you did want to make a post though, that's fine. I'll edit/remove/post after if needed! Smile

Her eyes flicked back to Shawchert as he went into worried-father mode, and she couldn't help but give a small snicker. She was so used to this happening that, out of anything, this was the one occurrence that concerned her the least. “Well, I think I finally broke her of trying to eat things like rocks and twigs and cactus. Actually, I'm not sure if it was me or the cactus that should get credit for that. It was probably something alive. Anyway, she's not choking on it so it should pass through her ok.”

“How does it feel, Juliet? Is it all wiggly in your tummy?” The girl's tongue lolled and she nodded, then was tackled by her sister before she could say anything.

Grinning, Orin nodded amiably. “That sounds perfect.” She told Shawchert. “Skye, would you join us?” She smiled at her new Alpha, holding out a hand in offering. “Come on girls,” she called over her shoulder, and suddenly the girls were at attention and bounding along behind her. She turned to Shawchert, “Lead the way, Daddy.”

<style>
#ogift-flamingo {width:85%;max-width:700px;min-width:480px;font-size:13px;font-family:Times New Roman, Times, serifs;text-align:justify;margin:0px auto;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.3px;word-spacing:2px;}
#ogift-flamingo.ooc {text-align:right;font-size:11px;line-height:13px;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;}
#ogift-flamingo.wc {text-align:right;font-size:10px;font-family:Trebuchet MS, sans-serif;letter-spacing:3px;}
#ogift-flamingo .name-box {width:230px;height:90px;float:right;}
#ogift-flamingo.table {background-color:#ffffff;border:1px solid #000000;outline:0px solid #ffffff;padding:0px;background-position:top right;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:175px;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #ffffff;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/DGubs.png);color:#444444;}
#ogift-flamingo.table p {text-indent:40px;padding:5px 10px 5px 10px;}
#ogift-flamingo.table b {color:#ed3f3c;text-shadow:1px 1px 5px #ffffff;font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:3px;}
</style>[/html]