Gamma7
[html]

Hello there!

A few days ago i was diving into the magic world of the 'Souls Wiki when i came across this group: Gamma 7. The information presented there allowed me to know that it was, indeed, a group of humans who survived the epidemy, but the information presented in the article didn't clear some of my doubts about this group. Did they inhabit Bleeding Souls at some point? Did they have direct contact with Lupercis? I would like that somebody could clear me these doubts please XD

[/html]
They were part of a plot in older 'Souls history. From what I remember they were a research group. I can't remember the exact interactions between them but I know that they couldn't understand each other when speaking. It was only in written messages that communication was had.
Actually, I think they...or at least one of them (someone Mel played, I believe) were werewolf hunters? They didn't like them. Or something.

They had a domesticated dog named Sgt. Diesel who poked around some.
Ah okay, I could be wrong. I had thought the initial purpose was research. This was around the time I lost house/internet so I wasn't a part of the actual plot but I heard talk of it being put in place.
truth be told, i'm pretty sure nobody really remembers what G7 was all about. this happened during the time 'souls was hosted on a different version of IPB which is totally defunct and inaccessible, thus the finer details of the plot have been scrubbed from history. :\

my speculation is that it was initially a research expedition, but not based around the werewolves -- the people came to see how well the area withstood the virus, seeking natural resources and scavenged goods, only they found it totally overrun with werewolves and decided "f this we're outta here D:" and ran away. XD and yes, there was a doggie. two doggies if i remember right? idk, but i think diesel was played by anna. i played a human named moira but don't remember much of actually posting with her. derp.

but -- there have been requests in the past to bring humans back to 'souls, and relevant questions to such on the formspring:

QUOTE (Will humans ever be allowed to be roleplayed?)
Unlikely.

We had a brief plot in 2007 involving a human expedition to the 'Souls area. See the 'Souls Wiki for more information about the group involved with the plot: http://wiki.soulsrpg.com/index.php?n=Packs.Gamma7 The information is a bit sparse due to the loss of the first IPB archives.

Unfortunately, the plot did not garner as much interest as expected, and ended rather unceremoniously. There are no plans for another such plot. We do continue to forbid players from having any interaction with humans in their characters' histories, and allowing humans, even briefly, for another occasion, would mess that up horribly, wouldn't it?[/quote]
Oh, ok. Thank you guys!
The way I played it out with Alex (the leader of the group) was that the expedition was to see if there was the possibility of reclaiming other territory. Northern Nova Scotia, likely for its resources and such, was one of their "scouting" missions. Alex had hunted Luperci before and once he realized that the area was overwhelmed by them, he took his group back to New York.

There were two dogs; a Pibble and a German Shepherd. The humans claimed a block of houses and tried to do research on the disease to see if it could be cured/reversed/manipluated. That failed, so yeah. XD

We list areas that humans still live in, but the idea is they barricaded themselves in to the point NOTHING goes in or out. I would assume, in a few years, they would all likely die out anyway--illness and so on would get to them.