New Ties Approach
Quote:Desired Profession Path: Would like to start as an Elan Soquili.
NPC's: None

Renaria had been wandering for a time now. For most of her journey she had been traveling 4-legged, however she avoided shifting to Secui form as usual. It didn't feel right to her - it never had. The young wolfess had no idea where she was going either, although that was not too much of an issue. She was just traveling, a wanderer with no destination. The lass had never been a part of anything significant, and so she felt no need to belong anywhere. But there was the pull, there was always the pull. Somewhere in the back of her mind she wanted a family, companionship even.

She stopped abruptly as a powerful scent reached her nose. Wolves. She had stumbled near to a pack border. Renaria extended her senses as much as she could, listening as hard as she could for footfalls, straining into the area before her for any sign of movement. Nothing. However she proceeded cautiously, creeping closer to the border. Impulse overtook her and she raised her head, a howl slipping from her throat. She was unsure why she did it, but it felt right.

She briefly considered shifting her forms. Her Lupus form had been useful and preferred for her travel, but now she wasn't so sure. The thought was quickly dismissed though. How would it look if she was halfway through a change when a pack member appeared? No, it would not do. Instead she took up a submissive posture, lowering her neck and head nearer the ground. All she could do now, was wait.
[html]

Ignore Wematin's grumpiness; he's always like that. Fair warning, things in AniWaya aren't stable right now, but you actually came in at a good plot point, so there's gonna be lots of action :3

Ever since the big hubbub with the Utinas, things in the village had been on a tighter leash. Wematin and the other AniWayans had returned a few days ago from their scouting and even returned with some Loners to become Galonv Adagatiyas, which it was obvious the village desperately needed to keep the unreformed in their places. By Maska's orders they were to bulk up their warrior ranks as much as possible, but now they also came into the problem of lacking enough Elan Soquilis to train the horses for battle, which left Shadi to the task when she could be spared, which was rare. Leaving such a training task to the new recruits would be disastrous, at best.

Wematin had been running a border patrol in his secui form--perhaps his most intimidating form--when the howl was sounded, and immediately he bounded to its location. Any howl could be from either a potential joiner to flesh out their ranks...or an intruder. He would just have to see. He arrived at the scene and stared the female down hard, pleased to see that she prostrated herself correctly. The tribe didn't need anymore upstarts, and even if she wasn't trained in the proper etiquette of AniWayan culture, he was sure that it would be ingrained into her soon enough. He was trying to do this with the new recruits himself, and they seemed to catch on quickly enough. Obey, carry out orders, be diligent. Who could mess that up? "You are on the border of AniWaya," he gruffly said while walking closer to smell her. Maska had been wary and forbidding about hybrids--also because of the Utina incident--but it smelled like the new girl was all wolf, which should placate his master should she pass inspection. "What do you seek?"

Guardian walks. "Guardian talks." Guardian thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.manlyman b {font-weight:bold; color:#d0ba92; letter-spacing:1px; }
.manlyman .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.manlyman p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.manlyman {margin:0px auto; width:475px; background-color:#6d6b65; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/icMJ0.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 350px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I understand a little of what is going on, so I know that things aren't at their best. But I'm happy that I get to be a part of the plot!

Renaria

It did not take very long. Within moments her sensitive nose had picked up a much stronger scent of wolf, overpowering the smell of the border near her. Lobes pricked forwards, alert, but she made sure to keep her head down in submission. A few heartbeats after the new scent, footfalls could be heard, growing louder with each passing second. They sounded heavy, surely not the steps of a wolf? She wondered for a moment if she had attracted something that she didn't want to, but the scent told her otherwise. What then?

The Secui moved into her line of vision and she understood. He was large, an intimidating figure to the wolfess in her Lupus form. AniWaya... She knew that name. Her mother had spoken of it once, a long time ago. It was in her history somehow, but at the moment, the link evaded her. Either way, something tugged inside of her at the mention of the Pack.

A tiny, respectful nod was given to the male before she spoke. "I seek a place to belong." She had no idea where her words were coming from. The fae had never given thought to being in a Pack outside her immediate family. Though somehow they felt well, right. "I seek a place where I will be accepted and where I can be a valuable member."

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.remarka-b02 p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.remarka-b02 p.ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; padding:10px;}
.remarka-b02 b {color:#E8C743;}
.remarka-b02 .charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#9AB464; text-shadow:#FFFBF3 0px 0px 2px; float: right; margin:15px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:25px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.remarka-b02 .separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px 15px 0px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/APv4S.png); height:185px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#000000; width:500px;}
.remarka-b02 {background-color:#56672E; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9AB464; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:0px; line-height:15px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; padding:0px 0px 15px 0px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
OOC: Sorry for the fail-post; short on time and lacking a mouse, so copying tables makes this 10x hard :X

Wematin grunted at her explanation, seeing no value in it...yet. Saying that you wanted to be useful and actually being useful were two entirely different things. This wolf in front of him was small, and didn't seem particularly fit to be a Guardian--or even a warrior. But perhaps she had just enough something that would make her useful.

"You say you want to be useful, but what is it that you can do?" he asked a little harshly as he stood imposingly before her. "You are an outsider, and so if you wish to stay with us, you will have to work hard and learn our customs as soon as you can." That was as far as he went with that particular lecture, since he didn't want to scare any potential tribe members off if it was possible that they could be utilized. Even the Itses seemed to wander about these days, finding work--if it had not already been hefted upon them by he or his colleagues. AniWaya, by nature, was an industrious tribe that believed in the value of hard work. Laziness and negligence was not to be tolerated.

[html]

No worries!

Renaria

She could tell from the Secui's expression that her words were...well just words. They held no weight, no meaning. Of course, they were true, she had realized that as she had spoken them. She really did want to belong somewhere, she really did want to help others. She now understood how futile traveling alone had been. What joy did she find in it? What use was it if she could not utilize that skills she had? The wolf's words mimicked his expression. They were blunt, somewhat harsh. She suspected that he was thinking of his pack. There was no point in finding another, only for them to prove useless.

"Yes, I understand that one must work for their place." It was true that she had never been a pack member before. Not of a big pack anyway, like she suspected this male was from. However she did understand the basic etiquette that was required from a member. "I have been told that I have a way with animals, particularly horses." She paused, trying to find a way to put her thoughts into words. "I can care for them quite sufficiently, I can tell when they are unhappy and I have been able to train them a little before. I am sure, with the opportunity, I would be able to expand my knowledge further and provide expert horse care for your steeds."

She glanced quickly round before talking again. "Before you point out my own lack of horse, she died a few weeks back." She had just realized how she must look, claiming to be able to care for horses, when she had none of her own. "It was a wound too deep to care for without the proper equipment. The woods aren't known for being kind to injured creatures." The fae hoped it was enough.

Table by the Mentors!

<style>
.remarka-b02 p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.remarka-b02 p.ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; padding:10px;}
.remarka-b02 b {color:#E8C743;}
.remarka-b02 .charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#9AB464; text-shadow:#FFFBF3 0px 0px 2px; float: right; margin:15px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:25px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.remarka-b02 .separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px 15px 0px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/APv4S.png); height:185px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#000000; width:500px;}
.remarka-b02 {background-color:#56672E; border:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9AB464; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:0px; line-height:15px; width:500px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; padding:0px 0px 15px 0px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]
At her affinity with horses, Wematin paused. The spirits couldn't have been that generous with chance, could they? What with their need and all for those who knew how to handle the equines skillfully, they couldn't have sent them just what they needed at such an opportune time? The black Guardian looked closer at this potential female, trying to judge whether or not her words would hold any weight. Like he said before; saying something was different than doing.

"I will allow you into the tribe," he said evenly, deciding to take a chance on the rare happenstance. "You will come in as an Elan Soquili. Should you prove unskilled with your horse training, you will likely be demoted to Itse. Pray you do well." The secui man then opened a path for her, standing to the side. He would walk beside the female to ensure her passage to the village, but after that he would leave her to the other Elan Soquilis to train. If what she said was true, they could yet have war horses properly trained. Perhaps, with her new found time, Shadi could properly train everyone in the traditions of the tribe, and Wematin would check in every so often on the horses' progress. Should he find anything lacking--or that Maska would find lacking--Wematin had no reservations about following through on his earlier statement. Orders were orders, and Wematin felt nothing other than the need to carry them out.

Welcome to AniWaya!

Hooray! Check out all of this fun stuff:

• Have a look at the Aniwaya Territories for interesting areas to explore.
  • Completing tasks in the season game offer collectibles, tables, avatars, icons, art and titles. Have a look!
  • You can collect points from your posts and trade them for various prizes, including art.
  • Remember to look into AniWaya's culture and laws!
  • Do you have a horse? Add it to the official stables overview, here.
  • Do you have a spirit guide already? Add it to our current listings, here.

Need help? Confused about AniWaya stuff? Don't hesitate to PM your questions to the AniWaya account, and we'll reply as soon as possible. If you need posting tables, avatars or sigs, you can request code and graphics in the talents subforum. If you're feeling lost or confused about the game, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor!