Alesigja tho rhi thuesgho
Quick shortpost for Linpants ~ takes place outside the Abbey

Thunder rumbled off in the distance and flashes of lightning danced across the sky, the storm was close but had not yet hit the land of the peaceful folk. Wind brushed against her fur and tugged at her hair as the hybrid stared out over the land that was now her home. Away on the horizon the blue of the sea sparkled, closer was the remains of the highway was a thin band of grey against the green of the land, the towns were like black scabs upon the earth, great scars that cut into it and spoiled its beauty somewhat. To the east, south and west of her stretched the Halycon mountains, behind her the Abbey rose towards the sky, its elegant statues glinting with the flashes of lightning.

The she wolf watched the approach of the storm from her position on the floor, cross legged with her arms resting on her thighs, an ever vigilant guard against the might of the growling fury of nature. Soon the storm was upon them and rain lashed down, soaking her through but still she did not move. It was peaceful up here away from the gentle hustle of the pack, she was aware that there was one who lived up here but she had not yet seen him in her time here. Bi-colored eyes continued to stare out, seeing but not seeing, looking past the images as the storm raged around her.
[html]

A storm! All of the Great Mother's fury and rage, unleashed in seconds of wind and rain! Amazing, astounding! the Seiryu could never get enough!

Perhaps he should have been more concerned as to what exactly brought on such an attack, but Razekiel knew better than to automatically assume a storm to be an act of actual anger. No, the Mother was surely proud of him; there was no need to rage a storm over the blessed Ichikan territory where the people loved and were happy. The Mother had given them weeks of sunny weather, yet sparsely a shower or a cloud in the sky. No, a storm was not necessarily the built-up rage of a nature god — it was just as often a display of power, as if to assure herself still as the most devastating of all supernatural beings, as if to ensure the people below her knew her to be at the top of the hierarchy. Each roll of thunder whispered beggings they would not forget her, and every flash of lightning was perhaps a sudden fear that just as quickly dispersed. She was, after all, the Great Mother of all nature. She had no need to be afraid.

Giggling like a madman, Razekiel came jogging up the Abbey path soaking from head to foot, taking time to bounce into every puddle and spin around with arms extended as if basking in the glory of it all. Gurgling laughter, his tanned dreadlocks hung over his eyes and his fur was swept every which way; once beneath the roof he wrung some of his hair and shook his limbs free of rainwater, still giggling with a wide-eyed and wild expression. Coming across Jace, he seemed to hardly notice her very serious and determined position and expression.

"It's fantastic!" he boomed with great enthusiasm and a toothy grin, arms thrown up into the air, "this power of hers, it's amazing, man! Don't you agree?!"

<style>
.razladderooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.razladdercred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:8px;}
.razladder p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px; color:#8E8C6F;}
.razladder b {color:#809A73; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #BFBC8F; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.razladder {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#455438; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.razladderinner{background-color:#E0DEC3; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ladder.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 200px 0px; border:1px solid #E0DEC2; width:500px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
Oh~ The title means 'Look to the Stars' in Jace's native tongue

She could not hear, see or smell her strange yet amusing leader over the violence of the storm but something told her he was coming. She could have easily removed herself before he had arrive but she felt no need to, she had gotten over her earlier anger and prejudice and was now mostly content to call Ichika her resting place. The hybrid remained, watching and waiting with endless patience. The darkness that shuffled in with the huge boiling grey clouds did not scare her, she had spent a month of her life in total darkness when the sun had fallen beneath the horizon to sleep for the winter.

Compared to the storms in the Arctic, the storms that could last for weeks and bury an entire village in snow over night, leaving no trace it was ever there, this was but a breeze, a mere gust against the awesomeness nature could produce but yet it still rang with power and she sensed that this storm could turn out to be just as dangerous to the rolling hills and forests of here as the ice storms were to the northernmost places, mother nature would never be denied. So she spoke out to the storm as she did to the trees around her home and bowed her head slightly as though in prayer,

"Hesrha fddjort fure myaak tuk caaj, gha erhget sorno gheal." I offer you my respect in return for safety. Now as her hybrid leader came upon her she smiled and raised her head, switching to English,

"Yes, I do. She strikes and waits, all powerful and yet she does not destroy us when she could do so at the flick of a paw and drown us all, or crush us with falling trees, whatever she desires." Mismatched eyes turn to settle of Razekiel and his dripping form so tall above her. Just then thunder cracked directly overhead and a streak of lightning zig-zagged across the sky to strike at a tree further down the mountain side, the tree exploded as it's sap boiled and shards of wood flew out in all directions, yet too far away to hurt them,

"The examples are all around for us to see."
[html]

Out of character text here.

Smiling, the Seiryu found himself impressed by her quiet wisdom. He raised his brows and clucked his tongue, beginning to wring out the water from his hair. "I didn't know you were a friend of the Mother," he said, glancing about the empty room before jumping at the crack of lightning. He burst into wild, yodeling laughter, and only addressed her once the feeling had passed.

He listened a moment to the creak of the floor beneath his feet, and the magnificent way the sound bounced throughout the walls of the empty, warm room. Stepping up beside her, the Seiryu stared out contentedly at the storm, but quietly dug into his satchel and retrieved a cigarette, which he quietly lit and placed between his teeth. His girls would have loved a storm like this.

"You seem to be feeling better," he observed aloud.

word count → 000 ;; image © Sylvatica ;; table by lin
<style>
.raz-larkooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.raz-larkcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.raz-lark p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.raz-lark b {color:#506275; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.raz-lark {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#798A9B; letter-spacing:.px; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.raz-larkinner{background-color:#CDE3FA; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... RKBACK.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 220px 0px; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
She nodded mysteriously and turned her gaze back to the stormy weather, lightning reflecting in her mismatched eyes,

"I have been a friend of the Great Mother for many, many years. Despite the short amount of time I have been alive in this life. My previous ones, there is no doubt I respected the giver of all life." She smiled at his laughter, glad he found such joy in nature's power. She was happy to be quietly content with it rather than expressing outright emotion, it was just the way of her sometimes. Regardless of the switch in her rank, Jace was still very much the Praeas of the pack inside; The Protector, The Guardian.

As she looked out over the kingdom that she called her own, the weight of her duty settled down upon her shoulders. The heaviness was welcomed however instead of loathed, and she no more wished to shed it than she wished to be separated from her mate, Jace did not believe in coincidences as such; that her name's meaning had equaled her duty at one point made it clear to her that this was her destiny to walk this path. His question pulled her from her musings,

"Yes, I have changed the angle of my opinion, this place n longer resides within my anger." She waved a hand in the air as though shooing away an apology, it was done and gone. A sudden longing to know more about this oddly secretive man arose,

"Tell me Razekiel, what do you believe happens to us after we die?"
[html]

His eyes lit up, chest swelling with pride and excitement alike at the prospect of another follower of the Great Mother. Razekiel knew well he was not alone in his beliefs — Juniper Peace and the ways of his daughters were enough proof of that — but the man had not expected in the least to find another he might actually find that connection to. How strange, he found, that Jace had so early on decided Ichika no Ho-en was a terrible place in contrast to the lost Phoenix Valley, and yet she'd shared similar morals and aspirations to one of the Ichikan founders all along. Peculiar.

"She smiles on you," he said simply, a smile at his features as the Seiryu settled down beside her without need for invitation. He did not worry for such things like "personal space" and other means of separating oneself from the welcoming world around them. "I see it, clear as the sun behind the clouds." He pointed at the stormclouds outdoors, thus making his words even more vague, and yet his grin did not falter nor seem any less invalidated by the state of the weather. He would not reveal the whispers of the Mother in his ears, the suspicion that Jace had lost her way. He did not see any deception in her words of belief, no, but the way she moved and the hidden emptiness in her gaze brought the hippie curiosities of the woman's past.

Then again, perhaps it was just the marijuana.

"After we die?" he repeated aloud, then pulled at the curling hair at his chin. A strange question to provoke of him so early in their relationship. Perhaps one of proving; perhaps she desired a certain answer from him to gain her approval. The prince shrugged. "The Mother pulls us back to her embrace, back to whence we came... and our bodies fade to support that which still lives, until the day they must do the same. It is all part of a circle of life, man. I am honored to be a part of it."

A pause, then a lighthearted chuckle. "Ah, but that's not what you are asking, is it? I do not know where the soul goes, stormeyes. I do not worry for it."

<style>
.razboatsooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.razboatscred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:8px;}
.razboats p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.razboats b {color:#883E4A; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #B93B45; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.razboats {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#B93B45; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:450px;}
.razboatsinner{background-color:#FE9E2A; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... zocean.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 105px 0px; border:1px solid #883E4A; width:450px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
3+

The scent of his cigarette smoke filled her nose, the acrid smell was mildly unpleasant to her sensitive nose but she could not deny him his pleasures and addictions, this was his pack and lands after all and he could do whatever he deemed fit inside of it. She ignored its stink as much as possible, only the slightest twitching of her nose giving away that it bothered her. His words brought a warmth to her eyes and a shy grin to her muzzle. She did not move when Razekiel settled down close to her and her gaze followed his hand as he pointed to the clouds, trying to see what it was that he saw, he was more entrenched in the culture surrounding the Great Mother than she was, he was practically buried in it.

His explanation of his beliefs was similar to hers were, they were reclaimed by the mother and their bodies fueled the life around them, energy borrowed to be returned when the loan was called in. The hybrid scratched at the dirt and dust with a claw, not paying attention to what it was only realizing when she was finished what she had drawn, it was the symbol of her old pack, a circle much like the symbol of Ichika but this circle was broken by a wavy line through its horizontal edges. The circle represented the sun which they needed to survive and the wavy line was the sea which provided them with life.

An eyebrow raised as he answered her question within the question, inwardly smiling at his new nickname for her,

"In my birth pack the belief was that when we die then our souls are taken back into the Not-Life to wait until the Mother deems it suitable for us to take life again. Every souls gets several chances at life before it is finally pulled from the Not-Life and sent onwards to the Great Beyond in which there is a heaven that awaits them." There was a certain amount of pride within her voice that she always carried when talking about her birth pack, they had all died to save her, as the next generation she was extremely important along with Elsie and the other pups that had sadly not made it. She was the last of her pack, the only Denahlii left in the world; the thought chilled her right down to her bones and the female shivered slightly.
[html]

Razekiel smiled, adopting a sage expression about his features and nodding quietly as she described her beliefs. Yes, such concepts were all too familiar. "Ah, yeah, I dig it, man," he began, pulling rose lenses from its perch on his snout and wiping them gently in his shirt to clear off the leftover rainwater. "Many, many of my fellows back in Juniper Peace believed that, stormcloud. The Mother works in the ways she likes, man. If that's what she chooses to do, then I'm groovy with it."

He was only a pawn, after all, an extension of Her hand who acted in her favor. What fate she offered him, whether it be an afterlife or an eternity at her side after his death, he would accept it. Razekiel did not fear the beyond — but he did prefer not to think too hard about it.

"It's not that I don't believe in it, man, or that it bothers me," he shrugged, smiling sheepishly at her as he replaced the glasses, "but maybe I just don't want to taken back out of the 'Not-Life,' yeah?" His smile persisted, and gaze returned to the rain. He did not fear death — and he did not desire rebirth. A simple man, perhaps, if not only in his beliefs.

image © beautyredefined @ Twitter ; table by lin
<style>
.razgreenfooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.razgreenfcred {font-style:italic; color:#000000; text-align:right; font-size:9px;}
.razgreenf p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.razgreenf b {letter-spacing:-.1px;}
.razgreenf {font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#3B8948; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:15px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:500px;}
.razgreenfinner{background-color:#66EF7E; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... flower.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 150px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:500px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
hurr hurr hurr Jace doesn't know how to react to Razekiel XD

More lightning struck the sky and filled the air with the scent of burning but worry she did not, the torrential rain would dampen any fires that sprung up. The clouds were beginning to lighten now from their dark bulging coloration, a sign that the storm was finishing releasing its bounty on the world and was ready to move on. She did not comment on his words at first, instead simply stared at the sky and rain, it took her a few minuted to sift through what she could say and find the answer that most described what she felt about it,

"I think perhaps, that I would like the chance to prove and redeem myself, if I ever did anything grievously wrong in this life then at least I can ask for forgiveness and make my next life an exemplary one, but whether it is true or not I do not know. None of us will I suppose until we do die and I hope that lays quite some time within the future, I do not fear death, to die fighting for the ones I must protect is an honor of the greatest kind, but nor do I want it calling at my den so soon." She grimaced at her messy explanation, hoping he understood her clearly enough.