I Wanna Turn This Whole Thing Upside Down
[html]
setting this sometime before he joins CdM: also this is rambly

He had heard of a trader's pack not far away from his final destination, Cercatori something. So, out of mere curiosity he travelled towards it. The scarred stallion he rode on moved slowly along the trail which he suspected led to the borders. He had left the wagon a mile or so back, unbothered by the prospect of someone stealing it. He had his trusty little ferrets to guard it, and Corsa had been out out on a small lead to protect it too. Again he was unafraid of Corsa getting to the ferrets, the kestrel wasn't intrested at all in the small rodents. His sworn enemy however, the Diesel shaded raven of the same name, was riding with the silver boy. The carrion creature sat upon the horse's rear.

He didn't have any particular reason to be there, but curiosity had led him towards the mysterious pack (or at least it was to him) and then after that he would venture home and seek to join. He could smell the borders were close, so he halted there and howled softly. He tried to think what he was going to say, it would be kinda weird to say 'Hi, I was curious about your pack and decided to visit it before I went home'. He spoke the words aloud, turning to look at the great scarred stallion beside him. 'That's gonna sound really stalkerish isn't it?' he stared in his bag, 'I supposed we could trade some of the junk in here'. He swung his legs so he sat side saddle, pulled his guitar from his back and started to play it.

<style type="text/css">
.bird7 b {font-weight:bold; color:#be180a; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #9b1309; }
.bird7 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.bird7 {margin:0 auto; width:490px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... 7071a7.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #be180a; padding: 5px 0px 300px 0px; font-family: tempus sans, serif; font-size:14px; color:#436423; text-shadow: 0.2em 0.2em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style> [/html]
[html]

:3 WC: 445

The craftsman awoke that morning to his children jumping around and causing a bunch of noise. It was the start of his day, ears pressed back against his head and attempting to get them under control. He never remembered himself being this energetic and boisterous as a pup, but then again.. there was a reason he was kicked out of his own clan. After chasing Erzulie about in an impromptu game of hide and seek within his own, worn down shack, he was lucky Robert was a bit more even-tempered; the boy sat there upon the dusty couch and wagged his tail. When he thought he had them under control, he packed his lute, satchel, and some other minor things tied about his waist, picked up the pups, and rushed out the door.

Bangle decided to settle the matter by bringing the children to Skye's place, and dropping them off there. There was enough frustration coursing through the coywolf that he simply told his mate to watch them for a few hours, and in an instant he strode to the stables and unhitched the black and white spotted horse. He didn't know where he was going, but the male knew he had to get away for a little while, and horseback would be quicker, and gave the coywolf an excuse to let Jack trot about in the open for the day.

And so the coywolf rode, objects clanking and ringing into the late morning air. His dreads flew behind him as Bangle leaned forward, to indicate Jack to go faster, galloping past trees and leaping over small brooks. The farther away he was from home, the better the coywolf felt, and soon he could not stop the toothy grin that stretched across his face. He finally stopped the large creature when he approached the borderline, which had changed quite a bit in the past few moons, and orange-yellow eyes spotted a strange male beginning to play a guitar upon a horse.

Jack nickered first, upon seeing another horse present, which was sure to bring attention to the other pair. Bangle pat the horse's large neck and waved. "'Elo there, friend! Yer on Cercatori d'Arte's borders. Anything we can do fer yeh?" As he spoke, he carefully led Jack into a small trot towards the others. He stopped at a safe distance, but to where he no longer had to yell across the way. Bangle grinned at the black male, and by now noticed the raven upon the horse's rear. "How well d'yeh play that thing?" He inquired, nodding at the guitar the man held, as the coywolf instinctively reached for the lute around his back.

Image courtesy of Phil and Pam@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.bangle-tent01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:475px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.bangle-tent01 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.bangle-tent01 b {color:#46608b; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #ffffff; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.bangle-tent01 { background-color:#ede0c6; background-image:url(http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5812/bangletent.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:left; margin:0px auto; }
.bangle-tent01 .inner {margin:10px 10px 250px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/6272 ... tinner.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: center; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:10px;-moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
</style>[/html]
A horse nickered, the sound coming from the borders. The silver child looked up, giving off a smile and then sliding off the horses back, startling the raven who gave off a shriek of his own. “Umm, I heard about this pack, of traders and artists. I was just curious...” he shrugged, that was basically it. He wasn't nessicarrily looking to trade, he was just curious. “This pack wasn't here when I left so I just wanted to build up a map in my head again”.

As he was asked on his guitar playing skils he again shrugged, “Yeah, I s'pose”. He played a quick tune to reenforce his comment, looking up to the male again. “Kable Catori” he said with a broad smile. He noticed this man had an instrument, something similar to a guitar, but he didn't know what it was called, 'D'you play that well?' Obviously he did, why else would he be toting it around while riding. The same could be said for the question that was put to Kable himself. Though he supposed it was polite and he really didn't mind. After this he would head home. He supposed that everybody would be happy to see him. But then again, catching up on local news was important.
[html]

+3

As the slate colored male dismounted off of his own horse, Bangle was close to doing the same, but the raven's shriek slightly startled Jack, who tossed his head and stepped back a little from the trio. "Eaaasy now," he said to the spotted horse, patting his neck with a free hand. The craftsman's dreads curtained around his face and shoulders, looking up as the stranger spoke. "Well, yeh've come to th' right place, friend!" The coywolf chuckled, sliding his scarred leg over the horse and dismounting. Jewelry, bones, and beads of all kinds that hung on the male rang into the morning air in the movement, and once Jack was free of the weight on his back he took another step forward to inspect the other horse and the strange squawking thing on its rump.

The male explained his reasoning for his curiosity, and Bangle shrugged in agreement. "Curiosity only killed th' cat, never th' wolf, eh?" Bangle stated, large ears swiveling as he heard the strum of the other's guitar. Extending his free hand to the other after the silver male gave his name, he returned his broad smile with a toothy one. "Name's Bangle Guffawri." Orange eyes twinkled, keeping his silly expression on his face when the stranger mentioned his lute.

Glancing down at the hand that held the yellow and purple painted instrument, he nodded. "This ol' thing? A'course! S'a lute. Made it m'self years ago." He reflected, remembering just how long ago he had made it, back when he was a part of the clan in the mountains. The coywolf began to strum the instrument lightly, hearing as the strings were wearing down again. "So where yeh from, Kable? More importantly, where y' headed?" His nosiness was seen as curiosity that was yet to be satiated, eyes wandering over his animal companions. "Who're yer friends?"

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:475px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.bangle-tent01 b {color:#46608b; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #ffffff; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.bangle-tent01 { background-color:#ede0c6; background-image:url(http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5812/bangletent.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #ffffff; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:left; margin:0px auto; }
.bangle-tent01 .inner {margin:10px 10px 250px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/6272 ... tinner.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:10px;-moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Bangle's horse seemed startled by Diesel's vocals, Kable swooped a hand towards the black creature, who hopped back in response. Sorry 'bout that. Diesel's a bit vocal sometimes. He always felt the need to apologise for his friends bad habits, even if there was nothing he could do to stop them.

Kable smiled, Err, no, hopefully not. Though I think it's just a metaphor. His brain hadn't caught onto the fact that Bangle was in fact editing the phrase to his own use. But of course, it was so rarely that he ever stopped to think deeply about anything like that.

A lute, so that was what it was. He had remembered hearing that word somewhere, but the exact location was at a loss to him. Traded for mine he said, gesturing loosly to the instrument, I dunno what for though. Something at least, huh?. He shook the man's hand, awkwardly at the least.

From Cours, goin' there again now, his answer was brief, unnoticed by him however. 'The loud bird's Diesel, the one in th' cage is Corsa, the horse is Archer and th' ferrets are Dorado and Jasp. He sighed crossing his arms, with his one track mind it was a wonder he could name them all.

[/html]
[html]

+3

His eyes looked curiously on at the trio before him, silently awaiting answers as he held his lute to his chest. Kable had said something about a metaphor, and his own large ears flicked to attention, but it wasn't worth nothing. Bangle kept on smiling until he learned where the guitar came from, and his fingers stopped mid-strum. "Yer not a northerner, are yeh?" He asked, eying Kable curiously. "Hope yeh didn' trade it from someone like me at some point," Bangle chuckled. "I would'eh sold yeh more than that instrument, I would've sold yer own soul." The coywolf shrugged casually, but then shook his head somewhat sadly. "Ah, but th' gypsy days are gone, now.."

The male had begun to reminisce the days that he knew the hills from top to bottom, each mountainous crevice and the holes which snakes with the best skin to craft crawled out of. Bangle had it all - the world - but he never had what he needed most. His grin softened to a casual smile, and looked up from where his gaze lingered to the grass and back to the silver stranger. "Ahh, a man from th' Court!" His voice became a bit more high pitched, his moss-colored folds waving as his tail wagged once behind him. "I know of a prince there, Ezra he's called," Bangle said, nodding. The black and white male he was familiar with what far from a prince, but it was the nickname the coywolf had given him, and would remain for years to come.

As Kable began to mention the names of the horse and the bird, he also mentioned some other animals. Raising a brow curiously, Bangle searched around for the others, and spotted a wagon in the distance. "Quite a band yeh got there!" He motioned with a free hand towards the wagon, as Jack had lost some interest in the horse and its squawking companion and began to graze. The craftsman spotted a large rock, arching upwards and back, the side facing him flat and shining in the sun. It was the sight itself that looked pleasant, and Bangle could not help himself.

He moved swiftly towards it, jewelry clinking, before sliding down and resting against it, the morning sun having warmed the granite that was now against his back. Bangle yawned loudly and shook his dreads. "Sorry friend, 's only mornin' n' I'm exhausted already," he explained, setting the lute down beside him as he pulled both arms up in a stretch. "Been chasin' down my lil' rascals this morning, took 'em to their mother t' handle 'em fer a while." The male picked up his small, painted instrument again, waving in the direction he had come from, past the wall of trees.

<style>
.bangle-tent01 .inner {margin:10px 10px 250px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/6272 ... tinner.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:10px;-moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Kable's mind had been elsewhere through most of the smiling merchant's words. He couldn't prevent it however, his one track mind hindered him. But it kept things simple too and Kable prefered simple things, like flowers and butterflys. He really did like butterflys, they came in all sorts of different colours and shapes, and sizes! 'Cattapillers' were very, very pretty too, but they seemed less vibrant than their mature counterparts. Grasshoppers were more interesting due to their movements and sounds ather than their colouring. Though Kable had found a bright pink one when he had been rummaging in some overgrown grass for his ball.

Pulling himself out from his day dream, he caught the end of what Bangle had been saying, something about exhaustion and his 'lil' rascals'. Kable assumed he meant his children, but it was the first part that caught his ear, couldn't exhaustion kill you? He deduced that this was a different, milder kind, perhaps an overstatment. 'S'alright, I didn't sleep too well either last night'. True, but this was partially his own choice, based on the fact that he hadn't even really tried to sleep. Kable flicked a stray strand of his charcoal mane away from where it was obstructing his pinkish red gaze.

Image courtesy of VinothChandar@Flickr; table by the Mentors!

<style>
.kable-wall01 p.ooc {text-indent:0px; font-style:italic; font-size:10px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:430px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.kable-wall01 p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.kable-wall01 b {color:#375b2d; letter-spacing:.5px; font-family:times new roman, times, serif; font-size:14px; }
.kable-wall01 .name { width:210px; height:75px; float:left;}
.kable-wall01 {background-color:#f1dd73; background-image:url(http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/6674 ... ower01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #AC5A10; outline:1px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#AC5A10; letter-spacing:.-.5px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:18px; width:480px; text-align:left; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; margin:0px auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

+3. Bangle's being weird! :3

Another yawn came on, and the merchant's mouth opened wide, his tongue curling as he displayed off-white fangs to the world. From this lower vantage point, Bangle saw rabbits and other smaller creatures scatter into brush. There were insects that buzzed in the warm summer air, so many that Bangle hadn't taken notice until now, crossing his arms behind his head. He did not deem the man before him as a threat to the pack, and so the craftsman let his guard down. Orange eyes gazed lazily at Jack, grazing nearby, and then back towards the other male's animals.

"So, why so many in th' family?" Bangle gestured with a hand at the horse and the raven, but his tone also indicated the other creatures in the wagon in the distance, behind him. The coywolf wondered briefly if the man had thought to sell them, but as each animal had a name it was unlikely. He turned to watch Kable as he brushed hair away from his face. "What d'yeh plan t'do with 'em at Court, anyways?" He mused aloud, his mind suddenly toying with the idea. "Stable keeper, eh? Or is it yer startin' a band?"

The last idea alone made Bangle grin again, wondering how the man would ever make a horse sing. But before he awaited an answer from the man, the wheels turned in the craftsman's head. "That'd be a hoot, eh? Open up'a place.. call it.. Kable's Cantina!" He guffawed, sitting up straight. "Now that's som'n I'd pay t'see. Then I'd go lookin' a gift horse in th' mouth.. if only ter make 'em sing!" The laugh was louder now, loud and obnoxious. When he finally quieted, he tilted his head up at the other. "Yeh need a title, som'n catchy." Stretching a hand out, the multicolored man arched it from left to right in the air, as if to write out the words before him. "How 'bout 'Kable's Stable'? Got a nice ring to'it, eh? I hope yeh'll credit me if'n yeh take th' title." His grin stretched his face impossibly further.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOCsmellslikeafootstuff

He didn't know why he had collected all his pets, 'Ummm, I dunno really. I guess I jus' thought they were pretty an' bought 'em'. All the animals were a lot of hassle, but Kable enjoyed the routine of getting up, feeding them, feeding himself and then doing what else he had to do that day. Usually nothing. 'Though, Archer was bought 'cos I needed a horse from th' wagon'. The wagon had been his home when he lived on the move, so therefore he had needed a horse.

The dreadlocked male rambled on like a crazy man for a while. Kable just sat and watched in amusement. He didn't understand much of what he was saying but it still brought a smile to his face. 'I'm thinkin' that I'll jus' go an' be the pack's bard' Kable said, his voice drifting off in thought. 'Yeah, s'probably the only thing I'm good at'. In truth there were many things he was good at, but he hadn't really thought past that.

There was a moment of silence before he spoke again, 'I jus' wanna see my Mom and Vigilante. And 'Mara'. He had grown lonely on the move and longed for home.

<style type="text/css">
.freeba704 b {font-weight:bold; color:#a99ecc; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #; }
.freeba704 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freeba704 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#eee7d4; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/IkoCb.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #928e81; padding: 0px 0px 140px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#928e81; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #eee7d4; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.freeba704 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freeba704 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
000+

[/html]
[html]

Blarrrgh, short x_x. +3

Bangle shrugged lightly when Kable gave his reasoning for so many animals. In truth, the coywolf would have rather made something out of their fur or bones than keep a creature for a pet, but a horse had its uses. The former gypsy had almost wished he had one himself on his journey around the world, but things might have been slightly different if he traversed on horseback rather than on his own two feet. He reclined further into the rock at remembering those days, which seemed so long ago it was but a distant memory, now. Still, the Guffawri male could remember the various smells of the earth, the colors as they changed hues with the placement of the sun, the air of freedom and the lack of responsibility. The world was his backyard, and he wanted to explore its treasures forever.

Things were different now, though. He wasn't as careless, and though he was free to come and go, he had a family now. It may not have been what he wanted, but he found that he still had much to learn, and therefore needed the additions. His life wasn't all that bad, or all that different, since he arrived. Presently, Bangle shrugged, his grin diminishing after he babbled to the other. "A bard ya say, eh? Yeh'll have t' visit sometime when th' pack has its celebrations.. ne'er hurt t' have another instrumentalist, eh?" His tone indicated a slight invitation, though the coywolf was unsure when Skye would hold another get together. She had been busy, and with much to do consuming her time it was difficult to say when things like music, food, and dance would be a welcome option.

Slowly, his multicolored body rose from the ground and strode to where Jack stood, grazing under the shade of a tree. He pat the horse's spotted body, and the creature whickered in turn, his massive head still low to the ground. Turning to Kable, the coywolf leaned back casually on the creature at his back, raising his arms comfortably to rest along the horse's back. He had not recognized any of the names that Kable presented to him, though he and many of Cercatori's members had visited the Court not long ago. "I'm sure yeh'd be welcome, n' yer a welcome bard on this side'a th' river anytime." His tone was amiable, flicking an ear to a passing rustle in the woods that surrounded them.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... notext.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;"><style>
.kable-profile b {color:#62A7B5;} .section {font-family:georgia; color:#FFFFFF; font-size:23px; letter-spacing:4px; line-height:9px;} .kable-profile hr {color:black; background-color:#59877B; height:2px; width:425px; border:0;} .kable-profile p {text-indent: 20px;} .kable-profile a {color:#62A7B5;}</style>
Kable Catori

OCC → shall we wrap up soon?

The merchant spoke of visiting when the pack was celebrating and Kable immediantly nodded his approval. 'I'd love that. You gotta message me when you do'. He'd come straight away if he caught wind of a celebration in time, he loved parties and he'd been to many on the move. He was a stranger to the lands now, unsure of what had happened while he had been elsewhere. New packs had sprung up as if by magic and this was the first one he had found. And he'd already decided that if he ever found himself needing, or wanting to leave Cours des Miracles, he'd come here. But seeing as he hadn't even gotten home yet, that would have to wait.

'I hope so' he was assuming that he'd be accepted. After all his mother was a long standing member and if there was any hesitation he also assumed that she would have something to say about that. And apparently he'd be welcome here any time, something which he was very happy to hear. That meant that he had made a friend in a different pack. Some thing he aimed to do where ever he went. You can never have too many friends.

[/html]
[html]

Yessum! You can have the final post if you'd like. ^^

It pleased the coywolf that the bard accepted the offer, though he hadn't yet visited the lands within Cercatori nor any other members. Still, Bangle was a relatively decent judge of character, and saw no harm to invite the instrumentalist to add to their own in their joyful feasts. "Aye, well n' good. I'll find me'a messenger bird or som'n 'round here." The multicolored male smiled, having no clue where he'd find such a bird. But Cour des Miracles was not far, and his horse could take him there in no time.

Bangle yawned again, and knew if he sat there any longer he might fall asleep under the warm sun. Stretching one last time, the craftsman moved to get up, his jewelry complaining loudly. He whistled for Jack, something Skye had gotten the creature used to when being called. The creature raised its massive head from the ground and cantered over. Bangle laid a hand on his spotted muzzle, patting his nose. "I wouldn' keep th' Court waitin' long," he said, as if Kable was already a member. "..or yeh might be inclined t' join us colorful ones 'ere!" He joked, chuckling as he made a playful, sweeping bow to the future Court member, moving to mount his horse once again. "Need me t'see yeh back to yer wagon, friend?" His hand waved to the wagon in the distance, looking down at the man.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
OOC this fails

'Yeah' Kable said with a laugh, 'I jus' might'. The silver prince rose from his seat, stretching his joints carefully, because during the conversation his ligaments had managed to fall asleep on him. At the merchant's offer to see him off he shook his head, 'No, I should be fine' he said smiling happily. 'Thanks anyway' and with a wave, he made his way to his wagon.

He was unsure wheter he was ready to go home, so much had probably changed. Knowing his mother and step-father he probably had more siblings. And 'Mara, what if she had a mate and kids. What did he have to show for himself? A few bits and bobs and a load of critters running around. What had he done in his life that would impress them? He could always lie but that would be wrong and his mother had taught him never to lie. He would just have to tell the truth, he had just acted like a big kid for his travelling life andthen decided to come home. They were his family so he supposed they wouldn't mind so much as long as he was home and safe.

<style type="text/css">
.freeba704 b {font-weight:bold; color:#a99ecc; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.1em #; }
.freeba704 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freeba704 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#eee7d4; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/IkoCb.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #928e81; padding: 0px 0px 140px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#928e81; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #eee7d4; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.freeba704 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freeba704 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
000+

[/html]