Warnings
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.maritlala {padding:15px; line-height:1.3em;}
.maritlala p {font-family:geneva, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size:1em;}
.maritlala b {font-family:tahoma;}
</style>

Wanted for this thread: Someone who would be willing to aid Dawali. No Guardians.
Date: July 24

Finally, he had made up his mind. Was he a criminal in his wish to protect what he cared for? He thought not. Surely, the laws and culture had never intended for this to happen, for it to happen this way. He had pondered his crimes, pondered whether his intent made it worse or better. Was his crime less shameful because his intentions had not been to commit the crime? He had knowingly done something which was not allowed, and he had kept the secret so long that anyone assumed he had the rank rightfully. But Ayegali had named him Councilmember, not Chief, and the sacred Guides had not named him anything. Still, though he accepted his punishment, he worried. He worried and turned each thought and worry this way and that, and he saw one thing clearly now; he was already a criminal. Should he commit another crime, all they could do was to kill an old, useless man, and Dawali did not think Maska had it in him. Another crime changed nothing, and again it was his intentions that he felt altered the situation. Is a crime a true crime, if the intent is to protect?

He padded on four legs out of the Village, towards the pens. They'd been building them not long ago, digging pens to store various items; the Guardians held an extensive arsenal of weapons as each Warrior had their own set. There was also food and various items stored near the pens, meant mainly as a more convenient supply of food than the Stables, as the Guardians were camped near the Town Hall. Dawali ventured past the pens, outside of the Village, seeking a field. Seeing as most of the land around these parts was made of fields, it did not take him long to find one, and the former Chief sat down there, by himself, waiting. He had a complete overview of anyone who came and went into the field. It was impossible to creep up on him, and ths he could effectively conceal himself in plain view; they could never catch him doing anything... unreasonable. He sat, awaiting someone reasonable, someone who could, perhaps, help.

[/html]
Shiloh the willing

Shiloh had been worried about Dawali for a while now. The new people in the pack had taken away one of the few people that made her happy. She had been tired from her trip with Saxif and had wanted to tell her chief of their mating only to find out he wasn't chief anymore. She felt like something needed to be done but how could she help when she had no strength to fight and nothing she could use against them. She had been sleeping with Katelyn in the stables, her mare calming her as much as she still found comfort in her nameless mare before Katelyn, who she name Naomi. She had been in the pens looking for some apples when she noticed Dawali walk by.

She knew she would get in trouble for talking to him but she wasn't going to keep her happiness from him. She followed him silently like Saxif had taught her, keeping down wind of him as she watched and followed him into a vast, sweeping field where she watched him sit down as if waiting for something... or someone. She inched closer and smiled before growing brave enough to sit next to him. She looked at him before addressing him. "Before you tell me to leave I have somethings I want to say to you. One, you will always be my chief no matter what the new people say. Two, I have come to tell you that I have found a mate and ask for your blessing," she whispered as the wind blew softly around them
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.maritlala p {font-family:geneva, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-size:1em;}
</style>

Hola!

His overview was complete. Anything that stirred in any direction was easily spotted by him, and though his nose could not reach that far, his eyes would not fail him. Especially not since Gvihita was flying high in the air, aiding him. Four eyes were better than two, especially if two of them were eagle eyes. He did not wait long until a familiar face approached him; he coudl recognise her from quite the distance. Could be she had seen him leave, as she looked so very determined. He sat when she reached him, and his posture was submissive as it should be; he would not risk anything. Even if he doubted it, Shiloh might not have come to help him.

As she spoke, however, he relaxed, though his pose was still clearly submissive. She towered over him on her two legs, and his posture made him believe it. Clearly, she was his superior, even if her words stated loyalty. He smiled at her words, though - they were kind. "Thank you, Shiloh." he said. "I have worries in my heart, though." he continued, sitting down with his tail limp along his leg. Still, he was hesitant to seek her help. What if she got involved, punished for trying to help him? With so much alread on his conscience, it was difficult to include someone else. He could, potentially, spread only misery in his quest to do good.

[/html]
Shiloh hated seeing him like this. He would always be her chief and she wished he could see himself that way. "You're welcome Chief Dawali. Tell me of these worries and I shall tell you mine. I hate what these new people have done to you. Already I have fought one and lost. They threaten my home Chief. This place hasn't felt like home since me and Saxif have gotten back," she whispered reaching out and touching Dawali softly. She hoped he wouldn't cringe like she had seen him so many other times when others called on him.

She wanted to fight back and knew of what lay ahead of her if she was caught talking to Dawali the way she was but she knew it was worth the risk. She wanted to help the pack and this was her way. Saxif would not know of this. It was Shiloh's way of keeping her safe. She knew she would fight if she was hurt and Shiloh's ribs still hurt from her fight.
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

:3

He stood silent as she spoke in support of him, and he smiled when she finished, though shook his head. "I am glad you care for me, Shiloh, but please do not call me Chief. There is no Chief yet, not until the spirit guides choose another. I am not worthy of the title, and I never was. There is shame in following me, and honor in heeding Maska's words." As she mentioned Saxif again, though, he realized he had not commented on her first requst, too surprised with her support. In all seriousness, he had not thought anyone would dare openly support him, but more importantly he had hoped they would not. "I am happy for Saxif and yourself. If my blessing is the one you seek, then you have it. Maska will likely be happy to perform a mateship ceremony if you request it." His head was lowered as he spoke, and his tail was curled so its tip pointed towards his stomach. Shiloh may not have been an AniWayan, but Dawali had been bred with these beliefs, and he would not change them. They thought there was no justice in Maska's actions, when the reality was opposite.

What was clear, however, was that Shiloh could be trusted. He hesitated for a moment, glanced around him, before he spoke again. "Shiloh. May I request a favor?" For once, the red wolf appeared nervous. If he was caught, surely they would exile him, and it would tear his heart out to be separated from his life's work.

[/html]
Shiloh smiled as she heard Dawali's blessing. It was all she wanted to hear from her chief . "I will not stop calling you my chief. In my mind you will always be my chief. You gave me shelter when I was dying. You gave me a family. You have never lead this pack wrong Dawali. I respect you because of that," she said touching his fur softly. She looked out into the field and let the breeze ruffle her fur. It was a great day to be outside and she wished that she could be this calm in the village like she used to.

"Shiloh. May I request a favor?" she heard Dawali ask softly and she looked at him again. " Anything for you Dawali. What kind of favor? she asked softly, her jade eyes flashing with excitement. She was more then ready to go against the new comers. She smiled at the thought and waited for Dawali to answer
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

He listened, though with deaf ears, to her continued compliments. Tail tucked deepl at his stomach, he did appreciate them, but it was not his place to support or deny such sayings. If she said it was so, it was so. Perhaps it was too much to ask of them to understand. "I thank you for your kind words, Shiloh." If they would not accept the new order of things, he could at least accept their inability to do just that.

She appeared to become excited at his proposition, and for a split second Dawali felt regret. Regret, and real fear. What if there was a Guardian looking at them right then? Would they not wonder why Dawali was speaking to Shiloh in such a suspicious location? Would he not demand to know what they had been talking of? Still, Dawali saw that he could trust the femme. Now he needed to trust in his own ability. "Maska... He is a traditional male. He believes in purity in mind and body." It was no lie, and it was something to admire. Even if Maska was somewhat... harsh, one could not help but admire his passion. "I ask that you warn the tribesmembers it might apply to, that it is only a matter of time before he will want to remove dogs and coyotes from the map." he hesitated. "And hybrids." He needed Shiloh to understand, and to do this quietly and calmly for him. If word got out that he was the source, he would be killed for treason for sure.

[/html]