skin color and scarring
I know that domestic dogs(many animals actually) can have either pink/white or black skin but I don't know which is more common in wolves, and my searches haven't really come up with anything.

My interest is more in the coloring of scars, during and after the healing process. My mom's old blue heeler impaled herself on a bale stabber many years ago (she some how managed any muscle damage, it just pierced the skin) and I know that the scar from it is black now (and while quite large is almost impossible to see) but I cant remember if it healed pink first and then darkened?? and would wolves tend to be more dark or light complected and is it tied to fur color??

I haven't been able to find anything of any substance after a brief google search or two so I thought Id see what you awesome people can find..
My dogs have a skin that is of a pinkish tone in the belly and dark grey in the rest of the body. The female conserves a healed scar from an operation, and it has a pale gray color, lighter than the main coloration of the skin. Maybe wolves have a predominantly gray skin, but the color of the scars depnds on the amount of pigmentation. In example, in white wolves the scars can have a pinkish tone, but in black wolves the scars are barely distinguishable except for the fact that there is no hair on it.

I hope that this is useful for you XD
It usually depends on the coat color; pink skin is much more common, as are pink/grayish scars. :] For a darker coloured canine, their skin may be light or dark gray and scars would just be a lighter or darker shade depending on severity and fresheness, etc... At least in ky experience. :o