Catacombs
Okay, I want the 'SA's stance on this one. Of course the In Character ones are mainly thread based. Now I was curious if the threads needed to be completed and archived for them to count. I mean I already log mine after they are sent to the archives. Uhm... how to say this better... Would the threads (namely like the one for the territories or meeting pack members and leaders and such) would they have to have a conclusion in order to count (which is what I have been doing) or would the threads that have been allowed to die still count for the catacombs (has a number of those sort of threads that I haven't been counting since some were only a couple of posts in). Technically the character would have been in that area even if the thread never reached completion. And what about the more goal oriented threads, like the fight ones, rescue one, and pack hunt? If the basis is there and it shows some activity towards the goal being displayed in there but the thread has been allowed to die would that still count or would the thread have needed to reach completion instead? This is something I have been wondering for awhile because catacombs is done on the merit system so I was curious which way was appropriate. Mainly I am going through and seeing where Ouija needs some threads at in certain territories to count them and all.
I don't think the thread would need to be finished, so long as there is a thread where the area/event/whatever has been described a bit (or even just planned, in the case of threads that die early). But this is just what makes sense to.me; I don't know if there are any hard rules about this because Catacombs are mostly earned on the honor system anyways as far as I know, lol.

Hopefully someone else has a more solid answer?
lol, we've actually had a formspring question sitting for quite some time on this very subject -- we wanted to overhaul the catacombs and make clearer rules on them, i think. :\ for now, though, i'd say as long as you've established the precedent for the thread and you've gotten at least somewhat underway with that precedent (e.g., for the win a fight catacomb, your character gets rowdy with another and you've PM-plotted with the player that a win for your character is to occur, you get 5-6 posts into the thread where your chars are already trading blows). my stance on it, anyway. 8D

also thanks for poking dis, bobby <3
I think an overhaul of the Catacombs would be nice.. but I am lazy and don't tend to count mine anyways lmao. xD