Frustration
Alright,

I'm not sure if anyone will be able to help me out. I've been role playing for quite some time, years in fact but I always have the same issue when joining a new site. I'm stuck on my profile. For the life of me I cannot get it filled out. Either the words come out wrong or they don't come at all, I know what I want but I just can't seem to get it out and make it look good at the same time. I suppose it doesn't help that when I try to write, I attempt to get good quality AND quantity and it never seems to work out to my advantage.

Anyhow, now I'm just rambling, I guess the real question is could I pretty please get some writing tips? For example, is there anything in particular you do to help get the words flowing? I guess that's what I mean, I'm not sure. I apologize. And it isn't that I don't have the muse for it either, I'm full of muse. I just can't get it to come out right.
I'm not a mentor, but--perhaps it would help if you started with bullet points to get down the key things you'd like to address, then expand on them later? Then you can rearrange it after it's done, go back and work on transitions, etc.

Also, I can take weeks thinking up a back story for a new character and days for some individual posts. Oddly, I do best late at night before I'm about to fall asleep. But when push comes to shove, sometimes the best I can do is keep trucking anyway. I don't wind up 100% satisfied with my writing, but it keeps me from getting stuck in a pit indefinitely. I settle back into the groove eventually.

Hope this helps <3
Not a mentor either but I just wanted to add that you don't have to have your profile done right away if you need a bit of time to work on it. Instead you can join by adding 3 RP samples to the form instead of using your profile. These can be new ones you make up just for joining or you can copy and paste older samples to place there. Though I can note that they look for at least 200 words in the samples and the sections of the profile (depending on which you choose to use) just so you know. And I'm not certain on this I imagine that after you join (by the RP sample way) someone may end up PMing you about any discrepancies in your profile if there are any after you fill it in. But yeah, I'm not sure if they do that or not but I do know they look for things that wouldn't be possible/break the realism of the site in the profile if the profile is used and all. Yeah, so not really writing tips but just letting you know that you really don't have to stress the profile right away.
I'm not a mentor either, but I am an Administrator here, so I'll just add my own thoughts and affirm what both Zero (Barrett) and Sylvey (Symera) have said.

Our RP Guide may have some ideas to help you develop your character more thoroughly. If you're a stickler for detail, you can map out your character's exact height, weight, and length for their three luperci forms. Our Character section has a lot of great content. You could also check out our Species guide: it has information on every type of playable luperci-capable specie in 'Souls. Do try to take heed of from where the species originates when you decide on a birth place for your character. ^^ We have a map of North American wolf subspecies and coyote subspecies if that helps!

If you don't want to write a detailed profile just yet, you don't have to! If you can provide us with three examples of your roleplaying, we'll be pleased. Sylvey is right -- we do look for around 200 words to get a feel for your writing. However, we do stress quality over quantity, so 1000 words of fluff is not only cumbersome to read, but also reflects poorly on your ability to be concise. Wink

I know I usually suck at writing profiles from the get-go, so I prefer this method. I usually try to grab examples that show how I normally write, or maybe two that are average posts and one I am really proud of. ^^

I hope that helps! Please let us know if you have any further questions!
Thanks everyone, I think I will wait for the profile then and use some examples from other sites. I do have some good ones and all are over 200 words.