Lighten the Mood with a Bow
[html]
backdated to August 8th in the early morn ^_^ Let me know if I need to change anything.

The huntress had been to visit the older wolf many times since their first meeting. Most of the time she would just stop by for quick visits, dropping off whatever great catches she acquired. Sometimes she would stay for a meal with him if he offered. She would tell him stories of her hunts or of her homeland. She enjoyed his company greatly. She was bringing him some slow roasted moose from her catch the day before. The meat so tender she needed to carry it within one of her fresh furs. She smiled with pride, as it was her first experiment with a fire pit she had recently built. She kept waking through the night greatly excited to see the outcome of the venison. From the bits of meat she had it was a very pleasant success.

It was early morning so the sun was still orange as she knocked on the door. It was common for her to drop of breakfast this early for the male. She held him in such great respect that he was often her first stop to share meat. Saxif knew he would appreciate this style of cooking. As he opened the door she shot him her common smile. You my friend are going to love what I have for you today. She held up the sack of the warm meat.

<style>
#jn-saxifgift {width:100%; margin:0px auto;font-family:Arial, sans-serif;}
#jn-saxifgift.ooc {text-align:right;font-size:11px;padding:0px;}
#jn-saxifgift.table {background-color:#ffffd1;border:1px solid #ffffff;outline:1px solid #000000;color:#000000;text-align:justify;font-size:13px;padding:5px 0px 150px 0px;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4eHF1.gif);background-position:bottom left;background-repeat:no-repeat;line-height:15px;letter-spacing:-1px;word-spacing:1px;}
#jn-saxifgift.table p {text-indent:40px;padding:5px 55px 0px 55px;}
#jn-saxifgift.table p:first-letter {font-size:25px;font-weight:normal;color:#c4af56;font-family: 'La Belle Aurore', cursive;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #000000;}
#jn-saxifgift.table b {color:#796332;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #555555;}
#jn-saxifgift.table b:before {content:open-quote;}
#jn-saxifgift.table b:after {content:close-quote;}
#jn-saxifgift.words {font-size:10px;text-align:right;padding:0px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC:500+
I'm SO sorry for the late reply D:

Songan and Sanuye had gotten to know Saxif well and even made good friends with the she wolf. She always seemed to be dropping by for some sort of meal, she usually provided the meat for them. Considering the number of times that she had stopped by, the red wolf wondered what was keeping him from giving him the finished bow that she had requested. He made a mental note to himself and made sure that the next time she came over, he would return it to her. He hoped that she would like the finished piece and use it wisely.

Although the golden she wolf was a close friend, with the changing times, it was hard to have a good meeting with the members of the AniWaya tribe. It felt like Maska had turned everything upside down and was making the people live in fear rather than trying to be a strong leader like his brother. The male sighed as he laid on his furs and looked over to Sanuye. She seemed to have a saddened look on her face. This was nothing new to him considering what was going on and what the red wolf had been forced to do by the green marked wolf. Both their eyes moved over to the she wolf as she came in, holding a sack in her hand, and speaking as if nothing was wrong with the tribe. Both tried to give a smile as the coyote got up and greeted Saxif. ”It's good to see you again Saxif. I trust things have been going well for you in these rough times?” She could smell the meat from the bag and looked to their fire pit. There was not enough wood for what the hunter had brought and she was going to need more. She began to head out into the nearby woods, grabbing what she could find.

While Sanuye was out, the old wolf looked to his friend and offered her a seat in his home. He truly hoped that things were going better for her than it was for him and his friend. He soon remembered the note he had made for himself and soon stood up. ”Wait here a moment Saxif. I have something I want to give you.” He soon left his home and went to grab the bow, then soon making his way back inside. His golden orbs moved to the she wolf as he handed the bow to her, a small smile on his face. ”I've been meaning to give this to you for a while now. I hope you like it.” He soon sat back down and waited to see her reaction to his gift. As he waited, the she coyote returned and set the wood back down in the fire pit, beginning to get it lit. Her gaze moved over to the hunter as she motioned towards the bag. ”I can cook Saxif. Feel free to relax here. You've done enough in bringing this meal to us.”

<style>
.SOA-K-01 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.SOA-K-01 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.SOA-K-01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.SOA-K-01 i {font-family:verdana; color:#a49e9c; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.SOA-K-01 {background-color:#403634; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:448px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/3130/songan.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:384px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .SOA-K-01-border {width:450px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>[/html]
ooc: Forgive me for the late reply, moving was crazy and I was with out internet for a whole month maybe more.

Saxif smiled graciously at her hosts always pleased to join them for breakfast. Her pride was beaming within her face. Sure times had been not as she hoped for her homeland they were down right unpleasant. Time are rough yes my friend, though as my grandmother would have said "you have to enjoy the little moments" and being here is always a pleasure. She was just about to explain that she had cooked this time once greetings were passed but was slow in the act. It was such a custom for her to bring raw meat that the habit of preparing a fire often followed. So when Sanuye stepped out she wanted to stop her until Songan spoke once more.

Give me? Her request completely out of her mind she had narrowly forgotten the bow. So as he turned the corner holding the final product of their design she almost dropped the sack of meat. Spilling only a small amount she regained her grasp on the bag and held it out for the male to take as she reached for her bow. It’s amazing. Her jaw open tongue nearly lolled from the excitement and joy. She ran her fingers across the carvings and the feathers; the ends of the bow were what made it most unique. She was speechless for a while until she realized the red wolf’s words and smiled.

Oh my friend you need not cook today for I have done so already. I completed my fire pit and with the kill I took part in last night I have made you a delightfully juicy tender bit of moose. She opened the sack with her free hand her other gripping tight to her bow already an extension of herself. She smiled at the crafter greatly proud of her accomplishment and extremely thankful of his present. This bow was hers and nothing would ever compare to this weapon. Its feathers and beads all with great meaning and usefulness she was ready to be not just a hunter but also a warrior for her people. She held the bow up pretending to pull back the string but she left it, as it was not proper to do such a thing in one’s home. [b]How do I look? She asked holding her head proudly her arms strong as though about to strike down a buck just as huge as the one she had encountered just the day before.
[html]

OOC blah would go here

Songan couldn't help but give a nod to the golden she wolf grandmother's wisdom. It was true that the times were rough, but having these small moments where it felt like everything was fine was very nice and one of the things that the old wolf enjoyed, aside from his time with Sanuye of course. He looked back down to the blank fire pit as Sanuye got up and began to head out. She spent a bit of time in the woods and managed to get some smaller branches that she could break apart into some smaller pieces, but nothing too big. She had hoped she could find a couple of bigger pieces of wood. She soon returned and began to place the wood inside the fire pit and rub them together. She had noticed that Songan was getting the thing that he had made for Saxif while she was working. She soon got the fire started and sat back as she looked over to the golden she wolf.

Songan watched as he gave the bow to Songan and it was nice to see she had such a positive reaction to it. He took pride in the bow he made for her and she began to run her fingers over the carvings. He soon took his spot back on the pelts and looked over to Sanuye as she had gotten the fire start, expecting Saxif to have raw meat in the bag. She then began to explain that she had already cooked the food the night before and it was ready when she came. Sanuye felt a little releaved knowing she didn't have to cook the food and that it was already done. Songan and Sanuye waited for the golden she wolf to hand them a few pieces before eating. The red wolf's gaze moved over to her as she posed with her new bow. He had to admit that she looked like a really good hunter. "You look wonderful Saxif, like a true hunter." Sanuye gave a nod in agreement as she looked back down to the fire, feeling its warmth on her fur.

Songan was a bit short on words, as was Sanuye. They were not really sure with each other on what they could talk about with the golden she wolf. They could always talk about Maska, but with all the guardians around it would probably not be the best idea. He soon looked around and grabbed one of the arrows he was using to test out the bow and began to sharpen out the arrow. It was not much, but it would at least give her a little something she could use to test out the bow if she wanted. He could see the excitement in her eyes. He soon finished and offered it to her. "Here Saxif, would you like to give the new bow a go?" He soon sat back to watch her and see her use it. He was sure it would be able to handle her and not break, though watched to make sure. Sanuye licked her fingers as she looked over to Saxif. "This is wonderful Saxif."

<style>
.SOA-K-01 b {font-family:verdana; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.SOA-K-01 i {font-family:verdana; color:#a49e9c; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.SOA-K-01 {background-color:#403634; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:448px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/3130/songan.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:384px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .SOA-K-01-border {width:450px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>[/html]
[html]

Didn't have much time to edit so sorry if it doesn't make sense in some points XD WC: 300+

Saxif smiled at Sanuye as Songan handed her the arrow. I’m glad you enjoy it, I am rather proud of it. She started to head out the door. Where can I shoot this? She wondered as she set the bow across her thighs with her left arm. Her right twirled the arrow between her fingers. She nodded as Songan showed her the practice area. She drew a large grin before she set the arrow upon its notch. She looked at it for a moment admiring its beauty before she pulled back the string. Everything about it felt right, felt perfect. The tension it brought to her arm as she drew up the bow vertically aligned to her body. She placed her hand just against her cheek while her fingers held the string. She marveled at the sight of the humble arrow as it lined up perfectly with her target. She breathed with such calm listening to the wind around her determining just how much shift was needed.

From the view of her she was everything pride was to describe. Her shoulders were squared her arms in perfect line with each other. Her back seemed extended, as she stood taller. But her expression was the most notable; the joy in her eyes was something that shone in that moment a joy she only felt when she was hunting. The bow was everything to her since she had fallen in love with the weapon. As she released the arrow her arm pulled back with grace and she did not lower until the noise of her target struck was heard. She had listened to the wonderful sing of the arrow as it released and when she finally lowered her bow she looked to Songan. Her heart completely touched by his gift she nearly cried. Thank you. Thank you. Its perfect. She approached him and quickly embraced the male. Thank you. She never felt more complete than in that moment.

<style type="text/css">
.saxiftribe-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.saxiftribe b {font-weight:bold; color:#5f3f28; letter-spacing:1px}
.saxiftribe p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.saxiftribe {margin:0 auto; background-color:#242912; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/34xpa49.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 510px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#787d64; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #21241c; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

5 points

Sanuye smiled back to the golden she wolf as she took the arrow from her companion and replied in her thanks for the food. Songan looked over to her as she asked where she would be able to practice with her new bow. Carefully he rose to his feet and began to head outside of his home, grabbing his own bow and an arrow. He looked around for a good place where she would be able to fire without worrying about hiting anyone or anything. The red wolf would soon come to a small area with some tree and took up his bow. "Let's try here. Try and hit the arrow into the trees." He was sure that even if the arrow stuck into the tree, Saxif would be able to pull it out and use it again. He used the arrow he had brought with him, and tested out his posture. He knew how to hunt, though surely with his age, he was losing his touch. He aimed carefully at one of the skinnier trees and released, watching the arrow fly into the air. He sighed as he seemed to have missed and it landed gently in the ground. "Oh well... I'll try again." He went to go grab the area and give it another go at landing on the tree.

In the meantime, Sanuye went through the meat and began to divide it up between the wolves, giving herself a little less seeing as she took some already before the two of them headed out to practice with their bows. She kept the golden she wolf's section in the bag so that she would be able to take it back hoem without making too much of a mess. She took the remaining meat and placed them on a safe place around the fire pit, sure they would stay warm and tender there. A smile came to her face as she peeked outside, wondering when the two of them were going to return. She was not worried, but it was always nicer to enjoy a meal with others rather than a meal by herself. The she wolf moved back to her bed of pelts and laid her head down gently, patiently waiting for the other two wolves to return.

Songan felt a little better when he managed to hit the tree a second time. He went over and began to pull it out when he felt Saxif embrace him and began to thank him over and over again. He smiled as he carefully turned around lowered his bow so it wouldn't be damaged. "I'm glad you like it Saxif. I hope it serves you in many well hunts in the future." The red wolf waited for her to let go of him before bringing his bow back up and heading back to his home. "Why don't we go and enjoy your meal now. We could practice more afterwards." He began to lead her back and soon came back in, sitting on the pelts. He waited for the she wolf to return before beginning to eat.

<style>